Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Sakina_chatterb

she is too good and i love them

Short but right to the point;πŸ‘ well said. Ginny and Harry are an awesome couple and Ginny's is a wonderful character.⭐️
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Not sure about Harry-Ginny couple but I think Daniel and Bonnie make a very cute coupleeeee😳
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For me right from the start Ginny was just Ron's little sister and just another Weasley. It was pretty evident that she had a crush on Harry. Something will always be a little bit unsettling for me about Harry and Ginny. From the start I actually liked Ron and Hermione best. Well, now that I'm re-reading the series I feel that Hermione adn Harry would've made a great match as well. Well, the main thing is what's done is done in the series.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

1. Evidenced or conjecture?

Fact remains that even if they do have lovey-dovey moments, their relationship has no prior development from which the attraction stems. You've illustrated that they like each other, not quite answered why the attraction exists. Rowling is capable of writing fluffy scenes, no doubt; however, her development of the Harry/Ginny relationship leaves a lot to be desired.

Funny you should pick that as an example of Ginny being remotely nice. That was actually one of the moments when I really disliked her. In the context of her previous boyfriends, is her statement an admission that Michael and Dean were there to make Harry notice her? If so, how very nice. [/end sarcasm] If the only reason Ginny went out with them in the first place was to make Harry notice her, how much did she even like Dean and Michael if she wasn't the least bit bothered by dumping them over the most trivial of things? She breaks her relationship off with Michael because he, in Ginny's opinion, "got sulky" ostensibly because of Gryffindor beating Ravenclaw. Cho, who unlike Ginny, cared about her boyfriend and finds it harder to move on from the loss of Cedric, is insolently dismissed as a "human hosepipe" while Michael who roots for his own team over his girlfriend's is illustrated to be a bad sport by someone whose own sportsmanship is extremely poor. Ginny dumped Dean for "shoving" her when in actuality; it was Harry who did the shoving albeit accidentally and she isn't the least bit perturbed by a broken relationship of at least 10 months of dating (Book time: Their relationship begins somtime during OOTP 30-37 and ends in HBP 22 which translates into roughly a year according to the HP-Lexicon). It is Dean who is unhappy and nurses a broken glass in his hand when she, inconsiderate of his feelings, kisses Harry back. Sure, it can be considered quite sweet if you ignore those little tidbits but if you consider what she says in relation to her previous relationships, then it really isn't all that kind-hearted.

Also, Harry runs away from the fan-girls so, why is Ginny an exception because in passage you've cited, she certainly appears to be one.  In this very quote, she states that she knew this would be the end result, that she never "really gave up on [him]", doesn't that imply that her feelings for Harry are the same as what they were a few years ago? That does quite efficiently demonstrate that her view of him hasn't altered. And if so, why is she better than thousands of HP fan-girls in Potterverse who would bite off their own arms to have a chance at dating Harry?

If I remember properly, wasn't it also her along with Ron who referred to Luna as "Looney" in the beginning of OOTP?  Despite that, I agree that it was nice of Ginny to do that even if Luna doesn't much care what others think of her. That's the Ginny I wish we saw more of. The kind yet talkative one, not the mean-spirited one who desperately wishes to be the third twin and fails at it, quite spectacularly.

1. Evidence -

:C'mere Harry"
"No"
You can't stay here Harry, Come on now...."
"No"

He did not want to leave Dumbledore's  sid, he did not want to move anywhere. Hagrid's hand on his shoulder was trembling. Then another voice said : Harry, come on."

A much smaller and warmer hand had enclosed his and was pulling him upwards. He obeyed its pressure without really thinking about it. Only as he walked blindly back through the crowd did he realise from the trace of flowery scent on the air that it was Ginny who was leading him back into the castle. "

I think that tis proves noone could convince Harry to leave. Not even Hagrid.

Reading further into tha passage also shows Ginny;s caring and nurturing sides. When asked by Harry, who was dead. she quicky reassures him that noone else has died, and she gives a recount of who sustained what damage. This just shows, that even before she came to Harry, she made sure that her friend an family were taken care off and was given treatment. She then goes to tend to her love. If you insist that Ginny isjust another "fan-girl" obsessed with teh fame of Harry Potter, them whyy didn't she immediately leave all others and go to him in his time of need. She understood that he needed space firstly, and secondly although she loves Harry, Bill (her brother) is much more important to her. She attended to him first. She found out about his condition and what the nurse had to say about his chances, before even thinking about going to Harry. That shoes maturity. She didn't frivolously abandoned her family for her boyfriend, and I would expect that that would be reason enough to show her strenght and her "deservedness" of Harry.

Further whilst I agree that JKR is a marvelous writer, I do not agree with the description of that scene as "lovely dovey". It wasn't.

She also displays humility in that same passage, knowing that it wasn't her skill that saved her that night but the "lucky potion". She is not deluded by her abilities and can admit when she is weak. That shows strenght of character.

She is also the one to break the news of Dumbledore's death to everyone in the hospital wing, and if you have ever had some die and you had to be the one to break the news to a loved one, you could appreciate how difficult that is to do, without you yourself losing control. To keep a presense of mind in a sistuation like that, shows a mental strenght that is beyound what we would have expected from the young girl who was once possessed by Voldemort. That shows character growth and development.

Why isn't she like another Potter fan girl. Simple- regardless of accusations that were thrown at him through the series her faith in him never wavered. The "fangirls" that you speak of, lost faith in Harry in GOF when they all though that he was seeking more fame. They lost faith in him in OOTP, when all the wizarding world though that he was again crazy and seeking fame. Ginny didn't. She believed in him, and that makes her vastly different from the fan girls.

With regard to her boyfriends. Ginny didn't use Dean and Michael. Michael was her first real realationship, however Harry was her first unrequited love. No matter how many realtionships she goes through, there would always be someothing, tucked somewhere in the corner of her heart, for that love. She didn't go out with Michael and Dean to make Harry notice her. It just sort of worked out that way. She went out with them, because at those particular points in time she had genuine feelings for both boys. She was following Hemoine's advice to move on with her life, to stop brooding over Harry, which is really what Ginny did. She didn't purposely pick people to make Harry jealous, Harry and Ron didn't even know that Ginny had a boyfriend until Hermoine told them. She didn't go broadcasting it all over the school. If it was really Ginny's intention to make Harry aware of her by going out with other boys, don't you think she would have flaunted her realtionship

However, I do believe that Dean was more of a rebound from Michael Corner, and you would tell that that was never going to last. I would have to reread the books, to make sure, but I think that her break up with Dean over the 'shoving incident", was really the last straw to break the camel's back. Meaning, that they were probably growing apart already. They were teenagers after all, ten month was a really long time. 

You bring Cho into refence here, but although Cho seemed to be devasted by Cedrics death, teh reason why I believe that her feelings were relatively superficial are she intiated the relationship with Harry. Harry the boy who witnessed her ex boyfriend's death. The boy who would forever remind her of the'love of her life". That was a rebound! She also became insanely jealous over the mention of Hermoine's name. Had she really cared about Harry, and also by observing him over the years from afar and closer yet during DA meetings, he would have noticed the friendship that Harry had with Hermoine and she had no right to be jealous. Really who i Harry to choose Cho over his friend? And soon after her breakup with Harry, she is seen with Roger Davies. Is she really the character you want to compare Ginny with as being the better match for Harry?

Lstly. concering Ginny's affection for Harry, here's a wquote from "The tales of Beedle the Bard" that I think is very apt in this case, "... Never yet has anyone managed to create (a potion)the truly unbreakable, eternal, unconditional attachment that alone can be called love."

Ginny's love from Harry was unbreakable, it was eternal and their were no conditions attached to that love. Famous or not, liked or disliked, Ginny still loved Harry adn that according to the world of Harry Potter is what love is. (whether we in reality agree with it or not.)

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
just one question...the main poster asked for our opinions on Harry-Ginny relationship..so why are we discussing about only Ginny and her character flaws(not that I'm not enjoying itπŸ˜›)

anyways I was actually shocked when I read HBP and discovered that Harry-Ginny were a couple..I had never expected that and THAT Is why I freaking love JKR...she is so amazing that way...coming up with the unexpected....

I was always a Harry/Hermione supporter from the start (I dunno guess bollywood stories like KKHH was to blame there) but ever since SS I was like Harry-Hermy have to be a couple...but then of course GoF came along and changed my views about that...but I still always hoped a teeny bit that it was going to be HH....

Anyways I was never a fan of Cho-Harry and I really don't understand Luna-Harry at all...I don't know guess just my bias towards Harry always getting the "perfect girl"

I think (and I know I am probably completely wrong) but maybe just maybe JKR wanted to go a more philosophical route with Harry-Ginny being soul mates...like maybe one of those sayings that you don't need a while bunch of time to know they're meant for you...... the same with HG (sorry if this is wrong just got done reviewing for a psychology test)

I also wondered of why Rowling never pointed out the so called attraction Harry-Ginny shared in the previous books...but I think it was intentional for that attraction to not be there initially because readers were devouring adventures of Harry Potter NOT Romances of Harry Potter....I think it was also done to have a bigger impact and to just wow the readers and the audiences....

as for my personal opinion I was first againt Harry-Ginny...but as I re read the series over and over again I started to see why JKR brought them together
indiasky thumbnail
Huh? I don't think so........Harry and Ginny Weasley are not the couple what I want...I like Hermainie Granger and Harry tandem. They are so sweet.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

just one question...the main poster asked for our opinions on Harry-Ginny relationship..so why are we discussing about only Ginny and her character flaws(not that I'm not enjoying itπŸ˜›)  It's amazing how much we tend to stray from a topic's orgins, when we get on a rollπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

anyways I was actually shocked when I read HBP and discovered that Harry-Ginny were a couple..I had never expected that and THAT Is why I freaking love JKR...she is so amazing that way...coming up with the unexpected....

I was always a Harry/Hermione supporter from the start (I dunno guess bollywood stories like KKHH was to blame there) but ever since SS I was like Harry-Hermy have to be a couple...but then of course GoF came along and changed my views about that...but I still always hoped a teeny bit that it was going to be HH....

Anyways I was never a fan of Cho-Harry and I really don't understand Luna-Harry at all...I don't know guess just my bias towards Harry always getting the "perfect girl"

I think (and I know I am probably completely wrong) but maybe just maybe JKR wanted to go a more philosophical route with Harry-Ginny being soul mates...like maybe one of those sayings that you don't need a while bunch of time to know they're meant for you...... the same with HG (sorry if this is wrong just got done reviewing for a psychology test)

I also wondered of why Rowling never pointed out the so called attraction Harry-Ginny shared in the previous books...but I think it was intentional for that attraction to not be there initially because readers were devouring adventures of Harry Potter NOT Romances of Harry Potter....I think it was also done to have a bigger impact and to just wow the readers and the audiences....

as for my personal opinion I was first againt Harry-Ginny...but as I re read the series over and over again I started to see why JKR brought them together

I'm re-reading OOTP, and probably because of this discussion I'm paying a little more attention to the Harry\Ginny interactions, and I must say the signs are there, very subtle signs but they exisit (and not just from Ginny's side either). Also I think that in GOF, again there were signs to indicate of tings to come.

However, while I always knew it was going to be Ron Hemoine, I'm sort of thinking that Ron\Luna would have been a hilarious pair. I never really entertained the thought of Harry\Hermoine, and I agree with you about never really like Cho all that much!
Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago
Nandoo thumbnail
Hello Everyone.....😊

I know Iam new to this forum but not new to IF.....hope will get to glue here....as im a die-heart fan of Harry Potter.⭐️..(i guess only Harry Potter....he h ehe...πŸ˜‰.)

hmm now comes.....Hope I would do justice to my theory towards Harry/Hermmy and Harry/Ginevra pairs....(not pairs...huh!!!)πŸ˜›πŸ˜•πŸ˜Š

No offence here....im declaring it in the first place.....im just giving my own views. Pls dont get angry at me.... :) :)πŸ˜³πŸ˜›

I saw soo many places and soo many people(even my frnds....agrrhhhh) thinks Ginny is the perfect match to Harry as there are things like she is Courageous, Brave and can understand Harry more than anything or anyone else(which i doubtπŸ˜•πŸ₯±)....But is it really wht the thing??!!!

In my view... NOPE!!!! Its not the thing.....
1) Peeping Harry behind from mum
2) When wished by Harry, not even giving a look at him and running to her room....
3) Not letting others know about the diary which is making her mad and behave wierd and ultimately put herself in danger making others panic and come running after her to meet their own death!!!
4) Sending a Valentine card with a ear cracking song!!!!
5) When the most lovable Headmaster died, crying for a bit of time and then stopping.....😭

if all these are the things which relate to Bravery/Courage/Friendship/Love/Nerve....then what these things are called!!!!!

a) Helping the person who she doesn't know till that time and asking others to help Neville as well...πŸ‘

b) Telling others how to pronounce a Spell correctly by making herself the Book-Freek and So Called Intelligent and I-Know-It-All type of words from others....which at last put her in a circle where she doesnt  have a person to whom she can call as a "FRIEND"😭😭

c) Helping Harry and Ron not to get expelled from the school even after Ron calls her arrogant and all.....

d) Stood as the first person to solve any problem which comes in Harry's way or Ron's way to reach their destination(s) like to get information about Nicholas Flamel , Bassilisk, Lupin, Sirius and the most sweet thing helping House-ElfsπŸ˜³πŸ˜›πŸ‘. And helping to make it possible to run Sirius and Buckbeak.

e) Standing beside Harry when everyone in the school including Ron left him as if he did an unforgivable blunder!!!!

f) Helping Harry and supporting him every second to get learn things which help him in getting through the Triwizard Tournment....

g) Telling not to cross his limits and stay back where he is and asking him to take care of himself untill they meet him and tell him wht all happening....

h) Shouting at Harry when he is not trying to learn Occlumency which inturn given a chance to Voldemart to possess him and making him think that Sirius is in danger....which ultimately returened as Sirius is not there for Harry any longer!!!😭😭

i) Telling Harry and Frowning at Harry not to use the Prince's book which is distracting him and pulling him in a sideway.... And when Dumbledore  died .....crying and making her heart out for her dear HeadMaster....

j) Made herself ready to go along with Harry making her parents forget about her and protesting others not let them know what Harry/Her/Ron are upto.....

k) Again Staying back with Harry even Ron left him and making him feel good and helping in making plans to achieve their goal and consoling him when they are in the Godric's Hollow and saving him from getting killed.....

Oh....if i start telling like this there are loads and loads of things which I can make out....just with a flick of my mind's Wand.... : ) :)

So....wht are all this things for...!!! If Iam not wrong all these things comes under  Love/Friendship/Bravery most of all , having space in her heart for the person she did all these things for...who is none other than the Hero Harry.!!!!!

And not but not least, before Harry leaves to Forbidden Forest in Deathly Hollows to surrender himself to Voldemart, he first thinks about Hermoine then Ron then Ginny and others....feeling that, why no one is coming in his way and why are they not stopping him to go into the forest.....

So....my conclusion is .....Harry and Hermy forever....as JKR already gave a conclusion with H/G....i cant do anything except to take the heart wreanching truth that Harry and Ginny are pair..... at last!!!!!!

But still i dont knw why im unable to take it to my heart that Harry and Ginny are pair where Harry and Hermy are Frineds after all.....i guess....the bollywood movies or the thinking of the first girl as his friend should be his everlasing soulmate!!!!πŸ‘ Dont knw...dont know at all.....but yes, one thing is true.... Harry Loves Hermoine.... :) :)πŸ‘

Again...no offence to anyone .....take it as if im Hermoine and you are Harry.....and we are Friends....

Love .....NandooπŸ˜›
Edited by Nandoo - 15 years ago
Adwaita thumbnail
harry and ginny are absolutely made for each other!!! i had a feeling from the 1st part that they'd end up married... i just love this pair, though i love ron-hermione more...
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Adwaita

harry and ginny are absolutely made for each other!!! i had a feeling from the 1st part that they'd end up married... i just love this pair, though i love ron-hermione more...

Yeah, I think Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione were 'made of each other' couples. Ron and Hermione are one of the sweetest couples in the series (coming after Lily and James of courseπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†), and Harry/Ginny are right after them.