10 April:WRITTEN update: Of forced rites-rituals.

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
The episode begins with Birwa rushing to go to her school .. as she passes the mandir, she stops
on seeing Santo there and prays to God to give her good marks in her maths exam .. and even
better in History... Santo does not understand the english names so asks Birwa what
she is asking for- Birwa tells her that her exam results are going to be out today and
therefore she is asking for good marks .. Santo tells her to sit down in front of the Goddess, close
her eyes and then pray .. Birwa prays silently .. Santo gives her the prasad and tells her that
she will definitely get good marks .. she prays to the Goddess .. telling her to fulfil
Birwa's wish ..

Santo turns to see DM standing in front of her ... he calls her near .. she gives him
the prasad .. DM asks her why she lied in a temple.. referring to the lie she told Meghna
about sleeping in the temple the previous night ..

S: A lie said for one's own people is not a lie ..

DM: Looks like you have a tendency to forget, I have already told you once that we are not
your own people ..

S: But Kadambari is your own daughter , Malik .. and I am sure you would not
want her future mother-in-law to know that our relationship is only for show sake ..

DM is stumped by her reply and goes away ...

Hiten is working on the pots .. while Khemi is making chaas out of the milk .. Khemi comes
and starts counting the pots that Hiten has made and he tells her
that they are 20 .. Mongi tells him that she knows how to count and tells her to finish 100 quickly ..

Hiten is working and wants to wash his hands .. he goes towards the pot
of water to wash his hands but Mongi stops him, telling him he'll dirty the pot... she asks Khemi
to help Hiten wash his hands .. Khemi reluctantly walks over and pours water
over Hiten's hands .. as she's leaving, Hiten stops her and holds out some money .. telling
her that it's for Nanaji's medicines ...

K: I dont want it ..

H: You have to keep it ... I am responsible for this family for 2 months now ..

K: We would rather die than take money from you .. anyways- who are YOU to take responsibility?

H: That is my punishment ... even if I dont want to do it ..

Khemi walks away angrily ... Mongi goes to him and demands the money from him .. Hiten tells
it to wave it in front of her pricey sister.. Mongi yells at him and tells him not to call Khemi
names ... Hiten is frustrated with the two sisters ..

Kadambari is in her dance class but is totally distracted. . her best friend Priti tells her
to talk to DM about Sandeep as soon as she can .. Kadambari tells her that Sandeep is DM's business
rival's son and now things have become very sensitive ... Kaduu tells her that Sandeep's gonna
come back from Bangalore after 2 days .. then she shall talk about it ..

Everyone is selecting a saree for Kaduu in the hall and they are disappointed because
the lot is BAD .. Meghna calls Santo to ask if she liked any saree for herself .. Moti-ben interrupts
and tells her that maybe the shopkeeper has got the leftovers .. they are so bad .. she sends
the guy away telling him to come the day after with a good lot of clothes ..

Baa asks Meghna if her anushthan is over .. Meghna tells her that she follows the ritual of
kanjak - offering prayers to unwed girls as a tradition .. the family discusses about unwed
girls they can call for kanjak .. they zero down on Birwa and Kaduu .. but Meghna needs 5...
Meghna tells Moti-ben that Khemi,Mongi and Champakali can join .. Moti-ben is totally
shocked but does not say anything .. Meghna asks Santo if she has any problems with Khemi
and Mongi being the kanjaks for the pooja .. Santo says no ..

Moti-ben excuses herself and takes Santo with her ..

M : Are you out of her mind? What happens to you when you are around Meghna?How dare you
agree to bring your sisters as kanjaks? How dare you think that we will allow you low caste
people as kanjaks. ...

S: But moti-ben , meghna ..

M: Meghna is just a guest, she will say anything! That does not mean you will agree
to each and everything she says? Does that mean I have to treat that silly
Champakali as a kanjak?? No .. I dont know what you say to her.. but sort out this
situation .. I do NOT want your sisters here as kanjaks .. you get that .. Meghna will leave in a few
days .. but you are going to end up with me... so better sort this out ..

Santo goes to Meghna and tells her that she cannot call
her sisters over because they belong to the lower caste ...

M: What are you saing bhabhi? When the malik of this house, your husband never considered
you from a low caste, why will anyone have a problem? Tell me .. has anyone ever made you feel so?

She becokns Taru ben who's spying from behind the door ..

M: Taruben, have you ever considered Santo from the low caste?

T: No no .. never  ..

M: See .. your family loves you so much .. they have never made you feel discriminated ..

Santo nods sadly .. Meghna makes Taruben send a car over to Mongi-Khemi to bring them over ..
Taruben is totally pissed off and takes Santo with her ..

Mongi is excited as the message reaches her that she and Khemi have to go to Malik's
as kanjaks .. Khemi tells Nanaji that she will not go because she has to be with
him and he is sick .. Mongi tells her that Hiten will take care of Nanaji and that is part
of his punishment .. Mongi goes out and tells Hiten to give Nanaji his medicine at 8 because they
are going out ..

H:  Where are you going?

M: To banevilals' ..

Nanaji and Khemi come out and Khemi insists she'll stay back but Nanaji tells her to go . .
he tells them not to go emptyhanded .. Mongi tells her they'll take bananas from the
market .. Hiten stops them, telling her that DM has an allergy to bananas ..
and he catches a cold becuase of them ... Mongi thinks about apples
but they are too expensive.. Hiten holds out some money but Khemi refuses again ..
Mongi takes it from him and gives it to Khemi, telling her to let Hiten
carry out his punishment .. they leave ..

Taruben taunts Champakali in the kitchen and asks her to get ready for the kanjak . she decides
to teach Santo's sisters a lesson at kanjak ..

PREVIEW: 
Santo is sending a tiffin full of the prasad for Hiten along with Khemi but
DM stops her telling her that Hiten is under punishment and that tiffin will not go to him ..

Santo: But Malik , you had only announced .. that he shall eat what we eat, today
my family is eating prasad .. so should Hitenbhai ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sukhiii.. thanks a bunch for the update.. Just got back home, so missed the entire episode... Awesome update hun...
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks so much for doing this everyday.
ronitfan thumbnail
Oh noooooooo Mru !!

You missed it?
Well it was nothing revolutionary .. but they are heading to AWESOME things .. it was a NICE episode because FIRSTLY - Santo made DM totally at a loss for words !!

heehehehee
ronitfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hope 89

Thanks so much for doing this everyday.

Thank you !
😳
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Oh noooooooo Mru !!

You missed it?
Well it was nothing revolutionary .. but they are heading to AWESOME things .. it was a NICE episode because FIRSTLY - Santo made DM totally at a loss for words !!

heehehehee

😭 horrible day, and the fact that i missed bandini as well made it worse...
DM speechless and i missed it😭😭..

I have a bad feeling, Khemi-Hiten is going to happen...

😭
ronitfan thumbnail
Chill and peace maro ..

It's all going to fit in perfectly !
soko thumbnail
thank u very Sukhi

DM speechless 😲 must watch
tunisian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks sukhs for the update , reading it was the first thing I did after I came back from work ( I've just come back )
Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
now I have to watch the episode then be back inchallah
ronitfan thumbnail
Heheh thanks Adja and Manel ..

You'll like tonight's halka phulka eppy!