6 April WRITTEN update : Of promises unfulfilled..

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
April 6, 2009

The episode begins with DM putting the necklace on Santo as Moti-ben and Baa look on sadly. Meghna is mighty pleased and tells Santo that the necklace looks beautiful on her .. and goes on to think loudly that Santo must have looked really pretty in her bridal getup and asks Santo to show her all that DM gave her in the wedding. Everyone is taken aback. Kadambari leaves .. upset .. Moti-ben tries to stop Meghna but DM interrupts ..

DM : It's alright Moti-ben .. if Meghna wants to see it, so be it ..

DM excuses himself, as he has to was his hands . Meghna takes the coconut and shagun money from the bag and tells Moti-ben that she forgot to give these to Kadambari ..

M : I forgot to give her those ..

Moti : Don't worry, I will give them to her ..

M: Thank you moti-ben .. I was just wondering … have you talked to Kadambari about the relationship? About Subhadra's promise?

Moti-ben : Don't worry Meghna, Kadambari has been brought up in a strong culture .. she will never go against her father's wish .. don't worry ..

Meghna looks unconvinced ..

At Madhav Solanki's place,

It's morning and Mongi wakes up to find that Hiten has completed all 100 pots that she had asked him to make .. she's awestruck!

M: You've made all these? Wow .. even if me and my two sisters sat together, we would never have been able to make these in one night .. how did you make them?

H: Well, I didn't make them .. I was not able to! Then what happened is , little Bhoori over here (the calf) came along and made them for me ..

M : I am not a fool, alright? I know you are trying to fool me .. and just because you've made so many , so don't act pricey! We all have to work for a living .. now come let's go to the market to sell these .. today I shall come with you, but from tomorrow, you will go alone..

H: What?

M: Yes .. that's right .. I have to take care of the household matters also .. now that Khemibehna is not here! Now put these into that basket and come behind me ..
Hiten looks on dumbstruck, and kicks the bucket in anger as she leaves ..

Kadambari is going out somewhere when Moti-ben stops her on her way out ..

M : Kadambari, don't go out …

K : Why?

M : Well , Rasik and Meghna will be back any minute, and I don't want them spotting you on your way out ..

K : I don't understand what is going on ! Meghna Maasi has visited us many a times before but we never decorated the house like this .. someone asks me to wear a saree… some time Dad asks me to touch her feet .. what's the matter?

M : You stop calling her maasi, first of all!

K : Why? Why not? Tell me what it is ..

M: Your marriage has been finalized .. with Meghna's son ..

Kadambari is shocked to the core and runs to DM's room hastily ..

She storms into DM's room … DM is relaxing on his easy chair and does not as much as look up to his daughter when she enters ..

K : Dad what is all this?

DM : shu thaiyyo? What's the matter?

K : Meghna maasi … her son? My marriage???

DM : Yes .. Meghna's son .. and your marriage ..

K : And you didn't even bother to ask me?

The statement disturbs DM .. he opens his eyes and walks up to Kadambari angrily ..

DM : What did you say? Did not ask you? You were so little .. so little when your mother fell ill .. sickness rampaged her body and her mind but all she thought about was her daughter's wellbeing .. she used to say to me all the time .. that boys learn to live without their mothers .. and grow into men .. but a girl needs her mother when she turns into a woman .. and that is exactly what she intended to do when she promised Meghna that you would marry her son when you grew up .. she knew that Meghna would be the mother to you .. the mother you would not have with you ..

K : But Dad ..

DM : What ? What is the matter? I don't want to hear anything .. remember one thing, big or small – I have always catered to every wish that your mother ever had .. and THIS ..this was her last wish .. I will die but I will not let this wish go unfulfilled .. you WILL get married to Meghna's son and that is decided .. I don't want any more questions from you .. and no more talks on this matter .. now go ..

Kadambari tries to speak but he asks her to leave , she leaves, crying ..

DM turns to Subhadra's portrait ..

DM : See that? Your kids have indeed grown up .. ! Why didn't you ask me?

Hiten and Mongi go to the market .. Mongi stops him and points him the place to sell the pots .. she tells him that they have to sell the pots at Rs.2 each .. Hiten is stunned to hear the low price ..

M : If someone bargains, give it at 1 ruppee .. and if someone is really persistent , give it for 50 paise.. but nothing less than that, get it?

H: I worked all night for these, and you'll sell them for only 2 ruppees each?

M : So what price do you want for one? 200? You know what? We earn 8 ruppees a day and we are lucky if we earn 12 .. we are very happy when that happens .. so get down and start selling them .. meanwhile I will get the vegetables for tonight's dinner ..

Hiten settles down with the pots .. and wonders about the petty amount the family earns after a day of hard work ..

M : Don't just sit there! Shout and hawk for your pots ..just like the others …!!

Hiten shouts out his prices to the passerby's .. and he gets a lot of sales .. the villagers who were first stunned to see Hiten selling the pots, go up to him and inspect the pots and then buy some of them .. the villagers are very happy that Hiten is taking so much of effort , all by himself .. Pinakin comes incognito and asks Hiten if he made them himself .. when he answers yes, Pinakin buys a pot and takes it along with him happily ..

Mongi comes back from the grocer's and sees that Hiten has sold all the pots – she is overjoyed !

M : You sold them ALL !

Hiten keeps counting the money, with a feeling of satisfaction on his face ..

Kadambari is in her room, upset and tells Moti-ben to go talk to DM about the wedding and that she is unhappy with it ..

M : Kadambari, have you lost it? You want ME to go to Naanka and tell him that this wedding cannot happen .. you think he will listen to me .. what is the problem, why don't you tell me that?

K : It's just that .. I don't know that guy ..

M : What are you saying Kadambari? He is a childhood friend of yours .. you used to play with him all the time ..!

K : Foi, there is a difference between childhood friends and marriage .. I don't know what kind of a person he is now .. and why don't you understand , Foi? Marriage is not just anything! I cant waste my entire life just to keep the honor of my mom's promise, can I ? If my mom was alive, she would have respected my choice to choose a life partner of my own choice .. but Dad? Dad does not understand a single thing I am going through..

I have my own dreams about my married life, about my husband .. I don't want to see them go down the drain .. marriage is a life-long commitment .. it's not a game .. how can I just marry someone I hardly know? I am an educated girl, I am responsible .. and I want to be independent and marry a person of my own choice .. all my life I've lived in fear of my Dad, I don't want to live in fear of my husband as well ! I want a husband .. not a malik ..

M : If it were something else, I would still understand .. but this is your mother's last wish Kadambari? And you know your dad .. the whole world can go beserk, but he will stand staunch .. he will make sure this marriage happens ..and you know I cannot do anything about this .. so it's better you don't try to go against it … because this time, this marriage WILL happen ..

Moti-ben leaves .. Kadambari is helpless and desperate for a solution .. for help ..

Madhav Solanki is cleaning the house when Mongi runs into the house with lots of money .. they are 200 ruppees ..

Nanaji : Where did you get all this money?

M : He earned it! He sold ALL the pots .. I could not believe it .. we have 200 ruppees today .. something which we could never have earned in one day!

Nanaji takes the money from her and gets up ..

M : Where are you going ?

N : I am going to give these to him …

M : Him?? Whyyy?

N: He has earned this money .. and don't you remember? We always used to make just 8 ruppees everyday .. today he has earned the 192 more .. so I am giving it to him , and Malik has said that he will have to earn the amount equivalent to our Mawdi's price .. I want his punishment to get over soon, that's why ..

They go outside to see that Hiten is asleep .. Mongi wants to wake him up but he stops her..

N: It's not good to wake up a sleeping person .. as they say in Gujarati, a hungry man does not mind sharing his food .. and a sleepy man does not mind a broken cot ..

M : That means we'll give him the leftovers right?

N : Mongi, you are not yet grown up to understand the meaning of this phrase .. when he gets up, get him something to eat.. and something that we also will eat, ok?

M : Alright Nanaji ..

Santo and Meghna are offering prayers in the temple outside the house .. Meghna asks Santo if she can address her as 'tum' instead of 'aap' because she is younger to her and Santo agrees ..

Santo asks Meghna about Subhadra and to tell her everything about her .. her hobbies, her likes , her dislikes ..

M: I can go on and on about subhadra and I wont tire .. but you know what was so special about her? It was her love for literature .. (Meghna recites a poem that Subhadra had written in English)

Santo looks on confused …

M: What's the matter?

S: I don't understand English .. I cant read or write ..

M : Bhabhi , it does not matter if you don't know English .. take DM's case .. even he does not know English .. all that he has learnt, is all because Subhadra taught him .. anyways Bhabhi I want to tell you something important .. me and Subhadra had planned to get Kadambari and my son married .. even when they were still young ..

S: That's a good thing ..

M : Yes, but now things have changed .. Kadambari has grown up and I am not sure what she thinks about the marriage now .. I want you to ask her and let me know .. a daughter is closest to her mother .. I don't know if she has accepted you as her mother, but this is a chance for you .. to make her your daughter ..

Santo recalls how horridly Kaduu has behaved with her in the past , but still tells Meghna that she will ask Kadambari about it ..

PRECAP : Santo accidentally pulls out Subhadra's stuff and DM gets infuriated and asks her never to touch Subhadra's stuff again and tells her that all this respect she is getting is only until Meghna is here and once she's gone, she will be out of the house, where she belongs .. Santo looks on teary-eyed ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks a zillion, was eagrly waiting.
ninaatwal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

DM was horrible to Santu in the precap.  Poor girl, I think she should leave the house and show them some guts.

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sukhi... Fab update yaar..
 Bechari santu.. God knows when she's going to get some sort of peace in that house... DM was completely archaic,for the lack of a better word, today...  
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

My pleasure, Hope!

Sorry it's a lil TOO long!

soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Sukhi and welcome back. All the best for your next exam.

The scenario shifts to Kaddu now. As I had expected, Kaddu revolted to the fact that her shaadi was fixed without her knowledge or permission. Santu is gonna come to the rescue and get Kaddu to agree. But definitely not before she goes through some stress herself.

Preview: DM back to his khadoos self. No surprises there! 😆
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u so very much Sukhi sweetie🤗🤗
rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
YAYYYYY i read the pre cap first!!!

Santuuuu Dear u go away!!!

ok...Let me go read..and i am sure i will be ready to beat Dm black and blue! 😡
munz. thumbnail
thanx alot dear... for your great update... :)
tunisian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks sukhs so much for the update , you're doing great job for us and for me especially so thanks once agai .
I think things will be back to the worse , that's what I can understand from the preview , Santu has to leave the house and this ungrateful family 😡  asap