Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Awww, thats a sweet group. =)
AreYaar thumbnail
Another article about Hard Kaur:

Gauhar & I are not friends: Hard Kaur

21 May 2009, 0019 hrs IST, RITU VERMA

Hard Kaur's exit from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa was no less than a surprise. Despite getting the highest marks and loads of appreciation from judges,

the rapper couldn't make it to the finals.

She came with a bang, enthralled us with her moves and amazed us with what she calls her 'NRI Mujra'. Unfortunately, she could not get enough public votes.

The lively lady is not at all disappointed with her elimination and feels like a 'winner' already.

What was your first reaction after the results were announced? Had you been expecting it?

The first thing that came to my mind post-elimination was 'holidays'. I used to invest eight-12 hours everyday for rehearsals. So now, I can just chill out for sometime.

The only thing that upset me was that after attaining highest marks, I didn't deserve to stand in the face-off. It's quite humiliating and I felt really bad for my choreographer, Savio. But at the end, our motive was to earn respect and we did that. Everyone was in tears after the results were announced. Even the judges protested against the decision.

You were one of the judges' favorites and always scored well. After coming so far, were you expecting to win?

Savio and I never expected to win, but we always tried to maintain a high standard. Ultimately, everyone started expecting the same from us. Out of hundred people I meet now, 95 say they expected me to win. I feel lucky to get so much of love and support. I feel like a winner already.

Who do you think is the weakest contender among Gauhar Khan, Karan Singh Grover and Baichung Bhutia?

If you talk about dancing skills, Gauhar is definitely better than both the guys. I really wanted me, Shilpa Shukla and Gauhar to be in the top three. The competition level would have been fierce.

Do you think it's fair enough to rely on public voting for elimination?
It's definitely unfair but then that's the format of the show. You can't help it when the channel is only interested in earning money. What's the point of having a jury then? All the judges really tried hard to take the best dancers forward. But audiences have their own reasons for voting.

You made some friends and some foes during the show. So who falls into the 'friends' category?

That would surely include Mohinder Amarnath. He is such a sweetheart and was quite friendly with all the participants on the show. I got along well with Shilpa too. She has a great sense of humour.

What went wrong between Gauhar and you?
We have never been great friends, but I have no personal grudges against her. She first targeted Karan, then Praul and then me. There is no point looking stupid on television for somebody else's entertainment. Shilpa and me used to tell each other, how does all this matter; let us just concentrate on losing weight.

I guess all the things that Gauhar said was because of the competition pressure. I knew, once Jhalak wraps up, everyone will get back to their lives and wouldn't bother with what happened on the show. I think it was deliberately highlighted.

You carried off the Mujra act so well, how did you manage to that.
I am glad that people liked my NRI style 'Mujra'. It was quite a lot of fun and a different task for me.

Tell us something about your partner Savio.
We did not have any arguments throughout the show. I always respected his ideas and never said no to him. From my side he was creatively free to try anything. I only used to tell him one thing ' let's do something different.

A quality that makes you better from rest of the participants...
It has to be my passion for dancing.

One thing that you have learned from Jhalak ?
Always be yourself.

Out of 10, how would you rate your journey on Jhalak ?
Ten on ten without a doubt. I made great friends, learnt some great forms of dancing and had loads of fun.

What else is keeping you busy at the moment?

I am about to finish off my second album and recording for a few Bollywood movies too. Soon I will be leaving for a world tour with Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam.

Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago
fijidesi thumbnail
😆😛 Hey , Hard Kaur ...we in U.S love ...👏 you rock n for us you r the TRUE..😊😆...WINNER....we r with you....you   were the HEART 😊😛 of the show....❤️❤️....
harpkaur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hard kaur will b seen in d finale 31st may 2009....cnt wait till dat day

Ipshitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the articles Harpkaur and Anu..!

HK's elimination episode ended with judges against the decision ...and the episode ended with "to be continued" lol...so indeed it was all a stunt...wherein the judges so conveniently deciding to come back to judge the finals against their own decision...lol ...nevertheless...HK was still remembered by all...!

Loved BB's performance especially the one on kaise mujhe..it was awesome... his Darde Disco one was cute too ...! Liked gauhar's performances' choreography a lot ...her synchronization and dance didn't impress me much though..!
Edited by Ipshitaa - 15 years ago
x.n0sh.x thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
cannt wait to see hk again in the show =D
harpkaur thumbnail
ye Hard Kaur wz rapping along wit Anand Raj Anand on Bas Ek King from Singh Is King..i hope d way otherz performed...HK also performz..i relli wana see her dancing once again..& nosh if HK come 2 toronto for a show r u gona go?
harpkaur thumbnail
guyz congratulation...hard kaur was given the best dancer trophy..itz almost same as d winner trophy & it wznt given out of sympathy..it wz given bcuz she deserved it
harpkaur thumbnail
does any1 miss watchin hard kaur on tv??  
i relli miss her dancin, her straight forward attitude..i relli miss her watchin on tv

i relli hope she comez bak on some other reality tv show..

MissSRK thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harpkaur

does any1 miss watchin hard kaur on tv??  

i relli miss her dancin, her straight forward attitude..i relli miss her watchin on tv

i relli hope she comez bak on some other reality tv show..

Yes I miss her, she totally rocks..Hope 2 see her more on tv more it will be great, I like the way she raps its soo kool..All the best 2 HK..