Meet || Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai (a oneshot)

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey! Am back (yes, again) with another oneshot. Meera's suggestion, so Meeru, this one is for you!

I started with something in mind, then it took a life of it's own. 😉 Enjoy! And hear the song while reading it, it has a better effect that way.

-||-

Ek Ajnabi Sa Ehsaas Dil Ko Sataye,
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai
Betabiyon Mein Dhadkan Meri Chal Paye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

Preet watched as his wife bustled around the kitchen. She had shoo-ed Kul Di and Ma away, telling them she would cook today. He could not help the smile that tugged at his lips, knowing the reason for her desire to cook for the whole family. PB and HB were out, so Heer Bhabhi could not even tell anyone that it was Meher's birthday, and Preet had no desire to let her know that he knew. He would not be able to watch her like this if she knew. He leaned against the doorframe, just watching the enigma that was his wife. She was making all their favourites, just like he knew she would. She was glowing, he did not think he had ever seen her this happy. And he could tell that it was because after so long, she was spending her birthday with people she could consider her own, people she did consider her own, and people who considered her their own.

He slipped away quietly before she could see him. He had some work to do himself. With one last lingering look at the woman who held his heart (and did not even know it), he made his way to his room, a spring in his steps.

Kuch Bhi Kaha Na, Kuch Bhi Suna Na
Phir Bhi, Bechain Dil Hai Humara

Meher hummed as she set the table. She was so happy today. She did not care if no one knew that it was her birthday, she knew if they did they would have thrown her a party. Rather, this family dinner, with the people she loved most around her, was what she wanted. It had been so long since she had had reason to celebrate her birthday. And this was the first birthday she was celebrating as a daughter-in-law, and a Bhabhi, and it was her first birthday as Preet's wife. She wanted everything to be perfect.

She aligned the plates again, biting her lower lip. She hoped everyone would enjoy the meal. She had made something for everyone. But something was missing. She rushed off to get the flowers she had picked in the morning, and carefully placed them in a vase in the middle of the table. Now it was perfect.

Behke Kadam Hai, Mushkil Main Hum Hai
Dekho, Sambhle Bhala Kaise Yaara
Chahe Bina Bhi, Nazdeek Hum Chale Aaye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

"Wah, Meher beta, kya khana tha," Lalit praise his youngest bahu. "Sabki mann pasand bana di tumne. Kyun, koi khaas baat?" He smiled at her knowingly. Meher blushed.

Heer looked at her sister and realised that Meher had not told anybody. "Meher, I'll come with you to get the dessert."

The two sisters walked off, and Kul Di, Kiran, Veera and Gayatri questioned Lalit as to his words. Both Prem and Preet did not say anything, though Preet observed Prem's eyes flitting towards the kitchen often. Nihaal just sat there with a small smile on his face, enjoying being with family. It was the first time he was celebrating his sister's birthday, and he had known that Meher would not announce it. But still, now everyone knew. And he was pretty sure Preet had something up his sleeve, because he had been too quiet throughout the meal, occasionally just looking at Meher, his spoon missing his mouth.

Yes, today was going to be special for his sister, he thought to himself as Meher and Heer brought the halwa to the table, and Preet automatically looked at his wife, his eyes never leaving her face. Her husband would make sure of that.

Nazrein Bichade, Pehre Laga De
Dil Pe, Par Dil Kisiki Na Maane
Kaaton Pe Chalke, Sholon Mein Jalke
Roke, Milke Rahenge Deewane

Meher was in heaven. She had never imagined that she would ever be this happy on her birthday after the death of her parents. She had lost two people who had loved her, and she had never thought that she would have anyone other than Heer Di in her life. But her family had showered so much love and blessings on her, and that was before they had known that today was her birthday. After Bauji had told them (though she suspected Di had informed Jiju, and Bhaiyya had already known), everyone had wished her warmly. She frowned. Everyone but Preet. Only she had noticed though, because he had made lots of noise, teasing everyone, but he had not once wished her.

With a small sigh, she entered her room. It had hurt more than she had expected. Preet had come to be the most important person in her life, and if she allowed herself to admit it, he was no longer just her best friend. He was so much more.

Her eyes widened as she took in the room. It was a mess. What had Preet done? Annoyed, she started to pick clothes up off the floor and bed, grumbling to herself. She did not see Preet stop at the doorway, a smirk on his lips.

Chahat Ki Lau Toh
Aandhi Mein Bhi Zilmilaye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai
Ek Ajnabi Sa Ehsaas Dil Ko Sataye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

Preet could not help it, he loved riling her up, and today, it had just seemed right. He watched as she muttered darkly to herself as to what she thought of him and folded the clothes. He wondered briefly how she kept herself from ripping his clothes apart. He watched her pause as she came across the first envelope. She furrowed her eyebrows, and he wished he had a camera. She was just so cute.

Preet stood behind her as she read the note. But before she could turn around, having felt his presence, he had disappeared out of the room.

Yeh Mulaqatein, Yeh Teri Aankhein
Ek Pal Na Main Bhool Pau
Kitni Mohabbat, Hai Kitni Chahat
Tumse, Kaise Bhala Main Bataoo

Meher reread the note. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And when the beholder is in love, beauty is all he sees. Would you like to see what he loves, what he see every day, every minute? Take three steps to your right and you shall see the most beautiful creature he has ever known.'

But, she saw, three steps to her right was the dresser. Still, curiosity won, and she made her way to the dresser, where she saw another envelope tucked into the mirror.

'And what a beauty she is,' the note read, and Meher started, as she realised that the writer of the notes meant her. 'This beholder is smitten, slain, to be given one smile. He lays at your feet, hoping to catch a glimpse of those eyes, those lips.' Meher blushed. 'The cheeks stained rosy pink. Is this love? Perhaps, this night could tell us.'

Acha Lage Joh, Toh Samne Muskuraye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

Preet watched his wife as she followed the instructions on the second envelope. She had reached the rose bush in the back garden, and had found the third envelope. He knew what this said, of course. He grinned as he saw her make her way to the terrace, her eyes alight with curiosity. She was gorgeous. And tonight, he would finally tell her how he felt.

Kuch Bhi Kaha Na, Kuch Bhi Suna Na
Phir Bhi, Bechain Dil Hai Humara

Meher gasped in surprise as she stepped onto the terrace. The place was lit by candle-light, rose petals covering the floor. It was as if she had stepped into a fairy-tale, and she was the princess. And her prince, he stood in the shadows. She could see his silhouette. She cautiously made her way over. She knew who it was, she had known since she had come across the first envelope. She had recognised Preet's chicken scrawl, but his words had struck deep within her, and she had wanted to know what else he would say. What else he thought of her. As she reached him, he smiled gently at her, and handed her another envelope.

"It's the second-to-last one," he told her. She opened it slowly, and pulled the card out. Red rose petals fell out as well. 'And so the prince finally meets his princess. Will she dance with him?'

She looked up at him shyly and nodded. She could not bring herself to speak, and break this magical moment. As if on cue, as she put her hand in his, music began to play and Preet drew her close, both swaying to the music.

Behke Kadam Hai, Mushkil Main Hum Hai
Dekho, Sambhle Bhala Kaise Yaara
Chahe Bina Bhi, Nazdeek Hum Chale Aaye
Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

Preet pulled away from Meher, reluctantly, but he knew he had to. The night was not over yet. He kissed her hand, and gestured towards the table he had set up at the side where a silver tray rested, covered. He watched as Meher made her way over to it, and he prepared himself for what would be the most important moment in his life. He observed her remove the cover, and pick up the final envelope. With trepidation, he watched her slit open the envelope and take out the card.

He stood behind her as she deliberated over opening the card. Both of them held their breaths as she read the words. Three simple words, which held everything.

Shayad Yehi Toh Pyar Hai

'I Love You.'

Meher read the words over and over again, beaming from ear-to-ear. She was overwhelmed. She was overjoyed. She turned to look at Preet, who was observing her nervously. His nerves relaxed as he took in her smile, and the twinkle in her eyes. He stepped closer to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. She closed her eyes in bliss as she hugged him back, her face burrowed into the crook of his neck. They fit together, so perfectly.

He whispered in her ear, "Happy Birthday, jaan."

-||-

Do let me know what you think!

Love,
Radz
Edited by Anhdara13 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourpuss thumbnail
Mine! 😃

Okay, so you know I liked it. No, scratch that. I LOVED it! Preet is just so sweet! Darn you for making me want my own Preet now! 😍 Oh, and I think you made my ideal guy that much harder to exist, too! And that probably didn't make sense, but whatever.

You must be really bored at home all day too, huh? Considering you're writing a lot too...
Love,
Bhav (:

P.S. My cousin in Dubai wishes that she had as long holidays as we do. And here I am wishing it would just END already! Sigh...
Edited by sourpuss - 15 years ago
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L....thts what this fic is.......it had such a dreamy effect to it and not everyone can manage to do that.U did it quite effortlessly.  Xclnt work!!

..kashish.. thumbnail
wow that was just wow...wonder when this will happen in KDMHMD...
excellent work!
hope u wirte more stories!
shikha87 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anhdara13

'This beholder is smitten, slain, to be given one smile. He lays at your feet, hoping to catch a glimpse of those eyes, those lips.' Meher blushed. 'The cheeks stained rosy pink. Is this love? Perhaps, this night could tell us.' wow oh wow... i have no wrods to describe this seriousely just to read it over and over and over.... you get what i mean.. i was listening to the song and it was perfect, i was thinking if you don mind can i save this script so i can read it whenever i feel deepressed please?

Love the line fanatstic wow.... please do more 👏
CrazyChatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
i didnt like it

dont worry... coz I LOVED IT yaar... as usual, ur gr8
absolutely fab
amazing writer
i loved ur other one too... the one on khuda jaane... but this one is really the best... i mean, if a pati confesses his love to his patni like tt... what can be more romantic??? preet was just too sweet...

heyy, i know what u can do... send a copy of this to the BT creatives, and ask them to include this in one of their episodes (IF ppl can appeal for u if u want... and BT cant deny so many ppl... i mean, we wanted our prem back, and he came...so...)...

and...i bet everyone who has not read this one shot, will love it too... the creatives really need this sort of excellent stuff to help boost their TRPs further... though now tt prem is back, i defo see them starting to rise...but i think if the meet love track is shown, they will rise further...
Anhdara13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sourpuss

Mine! 😃

Okay, so you know I liked it. No, scratch that. I LOVED it! Preet is just so sweet! Darn you for making me want my own Preet now! 😍 Oh, and I think you made my ideal guy that much harder to exist, too! And that probably didn't make sense, but whatever. Aw, thank you! You know how much your opinion means to me, though I know you're biased when it comes to Preet. 😉😆

You must be really bored at home all day too, huh? Considering you're writing a lot too... You have no idea. 😆 But I love it!
Love,
Bhav (:

P.S. My cousin in Dubai wishes that she had as long holidays as we do. And here I am wishing it would just END already! Sigh... I'm not exactly wishing they are over, just that I were more productive. 😆

Originally posted by: sidsk

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L....thts what this fic is.......it had such a dreamy effect to it and not everyone can manage to do that.U did it quite effortlessly.  Xclnt work!!

Thank you so much! That means alot. 😳

Originally posted by: ..kashish..

wow that was just wow...wonder when this will happen in KDMHMD...

excellent work!
hope u wirte more stories!

Thank you! Your words mean a lot.

Originally posted by: shikha87

Originally posted by Anhdara13

'This beholder is smitten, slain, to be given one smile. He lays at your feet, hoping to catch a glimpse of those eyes, those lips.' Meher blushed. 'The cheeks stained rosy pink. Is this love? Perhaps, this night could tell us.' wow oh wow... i have no wrods to describe this seriousely just to read it over and over and over.... you get what i mean.. i was listening to the song and it was perfect, i was thinking if you don mind can i save this script so i can read it whenever i feel deepressed please?

Love the line fanatstic wow.... please do more 👏

Thank you so much Shikha! Your words always mean a lot. They never fail to bring a smile on my face. If you want to save it to read, go ahead. 😃

Love,
Radz
Anhdara13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NehAditya8791

i didnt like it

dont worry... coz I LOVED IT yaar... as usual, ur gr8 😳 Thank you so much. You are too sweet!
absolutely fab
amazing writer
i loved ur other one too... the one on khuda jaane... but this one is really the best... i mean, if a pati confesses his love to his patni like tt... what can be more romantic??? preet was just too sweet...
Aw, you are really too sweet. Seriously. 😳 I'm just glad you liked it!

heyy, i know what u can do... send a copy of this to the BT creatives, and ask them to include this in one of their episodes (IF ppl can appeal for u if u want... and BT cant deny so many ppl... i mean, we wanted our prem back, and he came...so...)... 😳 Really yaar, how much more you want to make me blush?

and...i bet everyone who has not read this one shot, will love it too... the creatives really need this sort of excellent stuff to help boost their TRPs further... though now tt prem is back, i defo see them starting to rise...but i think if the meet love track is shown, they will rise further... That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about my stories! 😳 Thank you so much!

@ zaibun: Thank you for your sweet words!

Love,
Radz
zenia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 AWSOME!!! AWSOME!!! AWSOME!!!

have no words yaar...hw beautifuly u write.....
 loved it...

preet to vaise bhi meri jaan hai...........he was too cute...and romantic too in this story.......
  kaash meri life mein bhi koi aisa hi aaye.........dua karo
JCluvs srk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
this is amazing!.....fantastic job!
1 2 3
Next