Akshay Anand to release album - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Akshay Anand to release album

Akshay Anand, who stars in Mere Ghar Aaye Ek Nanhi Pari (Colors, Mon-Thurs at 9.30), is working on his first music album. The actor has been learning to play the guitar for the past few years and says he is ready to record.

"I have been learning classical guitar for the last 2 to 3 years. It took me a lot of time, but I've learnt a lot. I've also been reading a lot about music. It's hard to learn classical guitar. Many people quit. I've now decided to record an album. Rajan Banga is composing some of the songs for me. Rajan has worked with Mika Singh and Daler Mehndi in the past," Akshay says.
Akshay composes too. "Professor Ramchandran , who is based in Mumbai, is training me. We have composed 4 to 5 songs so far. But we're only done with the melodies and we still need to work on them. I think I'll be done by the end of this year. Then I'll have to approach different labels."

The multifaceted actor is also keeping himself busy writing movie scripts. "I've put down a few concepts," he says, "I have been meeting people. One of them, a thriller, is very interesting. I am also keen on becoming an assistant director. Maybe after completing two years as an assistant, I'll think about directing my own movie."

Akshay's role in the film Zakhm was highly appreciated and recently, he was offered another Mahesh Bhatt movie. He also plays Brij on the television serial Saat Phere.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090324_120

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, March 24, 2009

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rumii thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    👏 Wah....he's very talented! I wish him all the best
    jaanlover thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
    That sounds great !!! Wish him all the best
    Thanks for the article
    Gingerly thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
    Thanks for sharing.  Wish him all the best.