Hamurabi's Code- An eye for an eye - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
opti ji...... i was agreeing to some of ur facts and some of them i was oppsing......i am oppsoin to the fact tht the villagers r wrong in demandin punishment for hiten......and whtever the case maybe hiten should have clarified any issues with the cow in front of the panchayat.....tht is his fault if while tryin to save himself his ego comes in btwn..... nd moreover every person has the right to save himself.....

india is a place whr ur inncent until proven guilty...whereas some countrie it is like ur guilty until proven innocent..... thr is a huge diff betwn the 2 systems.....

nd someone asked on the forum how a panchayat works....

1) the panchs r elected frm the village itself
2) it is equivalent to a court system whr trials r held nd thr r one or more parties involved....
3) the village accepts the decision made by the panch...
4) usually they cannot give any punishment invoving physical well being eg. they cannot give punishment to beat someone or in this case phansi
5) if any of the parties r dissatisfied with the verdict they can move to a zila court or lodge an fir with the local police station
6) in this case the dispute automatically goes to the local court
7) the panchayat members r usually elected... but sometimes nominated and sometimes the educated or the thakurs nd zamindars become the members of the panchayat....
but sometimes the panchayat doesn't take approprite actions nd hence forced to go to courts....

fo more info watch swadesh..... the scene whr srk is visitin the village 1st time nd says this is the reason y thr is no electricity...nd whr the panchayat is deciding on the school...

hope this helps..... want more info.....pm me

Edited by kooldesi_fun - 15 years ago
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Opti, very nicely organized and written post.  Mixed feelings on your take on some.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Hiten mentions that he TRIED to use the cow.  Which I take to mean that he did not succeed. In which case, I believe, he would have let the cow go.

Now whether she died of natural cause later (as someone mentioned) or someone else killed her, that's the big question. I still think it was Jaggu as he holds a mjor grudge but we'll see.  True, it will be too obvious to blame Jaggu and this serial has not gone the obvious route so...we'll just have to wait and see what surprise it springs on us!

@Suks, why would it not be realistic to show someone else came and killed the cow later?   it's highly possible and things like that do happen where one does the bad deed and lets someone else take the blame for it.
Brinjal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooldesi_fun

opti ji...... i was agreeing to some of ur facts and some of them i was oppsing......i am oppsoin to the fact tht the villagers r wrong in demandin punishment for hiten......and whtever the case maybe hiten should have clarified any issues with the cow in front of the panchayat.....tht is his fault if while tryin to save himself his ego comes in btwn..... nd moreover every person has the right to save himself.....

india is a place whr ur inncent until proven guilty...whereas some countrie it is like ur guilty until proven innocent..... thr is a huge diff betwn the 2 systems.....

nd someone asked on the forum how a panchayat works....

1) the panchs r elected frm the village itself
2) it is equivalent to a court system whr trials r held nd thr r one or more parties involved....
3) the village accepts the decision made by the panch...
4) usually they cannot give any punishment invoving physical well being eg. they cannot give punishment to beat someone or in this case phansi
5) if any of the parties r dissatisfied with the verdict they can move to a zila court or lodge an fir with the local police station
6) in this case the dispute automatically goes to the local court
7) the panchayat members r usually elected... but sometimes nominated and sometimes the educated or the thakurs nd zamindars become the members of the panchayat....
but sometimes the panchayat doesn't take approprite actions nd hence forced to go to courts....

fo more info watch swadesh..... the scene whr srk is visitin the village 1st time nd says this is the reason y thr is no electricity...nd whr the panchayat is deciding on the school...

hope this helps..... want more info.....pm me

Asking for justice is not incorrect of course there should be...

This Capital Punishment  by the Panchayat is too far-fetched ...potraying a barbaric society residing in Dharampur...especially  after DM  delivered the judgement  and the  show ends with Malik ki Jai ho Malik ki Jai ho "

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
welcome the forum OPti darling, it's so good to finally see u here..

as for what happen last night on the show I seriously do not like what DM is doing cause I believe that no one and I mean no one must take law into their owns heads which is what DM is doing just to show his people that he is a man of his word.....very bad I must say very very bad.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Mombs .. I didnt mean that it would not be realistic .. the most
realistic explanation to why Mawdi died would be that
Hiten did not realize that the cow is not strong enough to do
what he was forcibly making her do ..
bookwormlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mombasa00

Opti, very nicely organized and written post.  Mixed feelings on your take on some.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Hiten mentions that he TRIED to use the cow.  Which I take to mean that he did not succeed. In which case, I believe, he would have let the cow go.

Now whether she died of natural cause later (as someone mentioned) or someone else killed her, that's the big question. I still think it was Jaggu as he holds a mjor grudge but we'll see.  True, it will be too obvious to blame Jaggu and this serial has not gone the obvious route so...we'll just have to wait and see what surprise it springs on us!

@Suks, why would it not be realistic to show someone else came and killed the cow later?   it's highly possible and things like that do happen where one does the bad deed and lets someone else take the blame for it.

i agree with u... even i was wondering... when Hiten says tht what Mongi said was true but... and DM cuts him off, which later pissed off Hiten, and he remained silent when DM again gave him a chance to say something. I feel tht Hiten tried to use the cow and after maybe one or two tries he might have realized tht the cow was no help, so he might have released the cow and used other means to pull his car out of the ditch and drove away... and I guess when Hiten left the cow was very much alive... and a person might have witnessed the whole scene and recognized Hiten and might have assumed tht Mongi recognized Hiten (or they wud easily point a finger at DM or one of his family members as not many seems to have a car there except for DM and his family) so the time after Hiten left and the villagers came, he might have killed the cow and left knowing full well tht an investigation will follow and it might lead to Hiten or DM's family 'coz of the car.
or another possibility is tht the killing of the cow is not to create problems for DM or Hiten, but for Nanaji... remember how DM had bashed Jagmohan for threatening Nanaji, so Jagmohan might have killed the cow to take revenge on Nanaji or Santo knowing full well what manjari is to them.
P.S: great post Opti!
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Let me tell you, if it is eye for an eye ,then it is cow for a cow yaar. I am an animal lover and  a sentimental fool, but can not  take human life for a cow. I don't care how much holy is that cow. even in India non-hindus do eat cows, so give me a break that Dm has to sacrifice his child for an animal.
DM is being Judgmental on Hiten about him being the killer. Yes hiten did make stupid mistake by taking the cow from the little girl. His father should have taught him better that don't  touch anything  which is not yours without permission. A fool that he is in many other ways and for other reasons also.
If Santu steps in and helps the situation then she will gain a  spot in the house and everyone's heart .
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuku..

i agree with u... even i was wondering... when Hiten says tht what Mongi said was true but... and DM cuts him off, which later pissed off Hiten, and he remained silent when DM again gave him a chance to say something. I feel tht Hiten tried to use the cow and after maybe one or two tries he might have realized tht the cow was no help, so he might have released the cow and used other means to pull his car out of the ditch and drove away... and I guess when Hiten left the cow was very much alive... and a person might have witnessed the whole scene and recognized Hiten and might have assumed tht Mongi recognized Hiten (or they wud easily point a finger at DM or one of his family members as not many seems to have a car there except for DM and his family) so the time after Hiten left and the villagers came, he might have killed the cow and left knowing full well tht an investigation will follow and it might lead to Hiten or DM's family 'coz of the car.
or another possibility is tht the killing of the cow is not to create problems for DM or Hiten, but for Nanaji... remember how DM had bashed Jagmohan for threatening Nanaji, so Jagmohan might have killed the cow to take revenge on Nanaji or Santo knowing full well what manjari is to them.
P.S: great post Opti!

completely agree with mombs ji and kuku.. i really don't think that Hiten killed the cow.. he must've tried, yes, but not succeeded.. yes, there is that possibility that the cow was exhausted and so it must've been one of the factors that resulted in her death, apart from maybe some other influence, aka Jaggu..

thanks so much for the post, Opti.. very well written.. i am sanam, btw.. welcome to the Bandini forum.. 😃  hope to see lot more of your posts.. even if you are not addicted.. 😉
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Can't resist so I am here 😆

Amazing post Opti.

Okay so my take on this is that...
when DM found out that the cow was murdered, he didn't expect in his wildest dreams that one of his sons would be the murderer. He had no idea that his loved ones would kill a cow...so he didn't care and gave the faasi ki sazaaa...out of josh.
So now that he is a man of his word he decides to give this punishment...had he known that one of his sons would have been the prime suspects of the murder then he wouldn't have called for such a harsh, out of his mind, punishment.

I agree with Cimba tooo...cow for a cow, not a human for a cow. I love cows but come on.
I think this is one of those major twists that will help Santo gain some ground and respect in the Mahiyavanshi house, especially from Motiben.

KaneBC thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yayy!! Opti is here!
I agree with everything said but my biggest problem is the expectations being placed on Santo to solve this mess. So far the show has been quite realistic in depicting an 18 year old girl finding herself in overwhelming circumstances. She is not a Bani-type BT heroine who can deftly handle any problem thrown at her. At times she is completely out of her dept, like when DM was brought home beaten up, Of course there are times when she rises to the occasion like during the award ceremony. But this time I feel she may be out of her dept.

Can we honestly expect her to go and investigate what or who really killed the cow? She was lucky when she overheard Jaggu speaking of beating up DM and was able to solve that issue. Do we really expect her to get that lucky again if there was a third person involved in killing the cow? If there was a third person involved, I think I think that they will be very careful to cover their tracks, seeing the commotion all of this has caused. And if it comes down to her, having to plead with the villagers to save Hiten's life, can we expect her to make an eloquent, rational argument that will make them see sense. Maybe she will surprise us but it wouldn't be in keeping with what we have seen of her character so far. If she does say something to them, I'm sure it will be emotional and heartfelt but this seems to be a very patriarchal, superstitious community who would find it very easy to just dismiss her as an uneducated girl.
Edited by --BC-- - 15 years ago