devashree_h thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Laali's friend is being sold under the pretext of Gauna and that poor girl doesnt even have an idea. Laali's father doesnt know how Laali's friend's father got the money. Will he fall for this trap or will he willingly sell Laali so all his other children will have food on their plate? He doesnt even have money to feed his children, from where will he get money to do Laali's gauna?

When they showed the promo, in the song a line went "Will the daughter get sold like a a God's idol?"Is this the premise of the show that Laali is sold to live like a servant?  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kristie12 thumbnail
' Kya bikh jaayegi woh beti patthar ke bhagwan ki tarah...' is the line.
From the articles, it is clear that Laali's father sells her to a rick Thakur as he couldn't do her Gauna.
kristie12 thumbnail
and this is the article, that confirms it... It was published when Agle janam.... was in discussion stages. So, they said Sulagna was playing the lead and Gauna was the working title.

Though the show Amber ' Dhara was yanked off due to low TRPs, the lead pair Kashmira Irani and Sulagna Panigrahi got their fair share of recognition and fame. But it's been quite some time that the two girls haven't been seen on the small screen. But the latest buzz is that Dhara (Sulagna Panigrahi) will soon be seen in Swastik's Gauna, soon to be launched on Zee.

Informs a source, "Gauna is a story about the custom predominant in the northern region of India especially Bihar where poor parents sell their underage daughters to rich suitors. Sulagna is playing the protagonist in the show. She is the eldest daughter of this very poor family and her father sells her off to a rich thakur. The other prominent face who has been roped in to play a major role is Vineet Kumar who plays Kakul's father in Ghar Ek Sapna."

"This is a concept developed by Zee and they approached Swastik to produce the show. The show will air in the prime-time slot. It is tentatively launching on 2 March and the cast is leaving for Banaras on 15 February for the shoot," adds our source.

When contacted Sulagna said, "I cannot comment anything now."
Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Well so far from that have shown, it doesn't seem that her father will sell her willingly. He might get tricked into selling her. Because her parents are very nice, they will never think about selling their daughter.

Or it might be that Laali herself decided to get sold somehow, without her parents knowing about it.
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: kristie12

' Kya bikh jaayegi woh beti patthar ke bhagwan ki tarah...' is the line.
From the articles, it is clear that Laali's father sells her to a rick Thakur as he couldn't do her Gauna.

Yes that seems to be the premise of the show. But I wonder what will happen after it is sold?How will the story move forward?This will be the interesting point of the show to watch.
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gur.N.cool

Well so far from that have shown, it doesn't seem that her father will sell her willingly. He might get tricked into selling her. Because her parents are very nice, they will never think about selling their daughter.

Or it might be that Laali herself decided to get sold somehow, without her parents knowing about it.

Yes either he will be tricked into selling her (the way both of them were worried showed they will never be willingly ready for it) or Laali will herself decide to get sold. She loves her siblings a lot and I think she is ready to do anything to see food on their plate.
fckif thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gur.N.cool

you got it he will most likely be tricked it into and would probably hate himself!
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
i have a feeling his father mite get tricked or laali will herself try 2 b sold widout her parents knowg bt my instict says his father will be tricked!
kristie12 thumbnail
I think Laali's father sells her willingly. He might face situations which may force him to take this drastic step. He is not getting any work...he has two more daughters and a son to look after. So, he may take that step. But I have a feeling that Laali would know about this but keeps mum for the sake of her family's khushi....
shonlai_ thumbnail
It's just so wrong to sell your daughter, you wouldn't sell ur son, so y ur daughter.??????😡