Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadhuB thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
⭐️thanks alot for the updates.  I am new to this forum.   I am glad I came across this site. 

Just my one cent worth on the story development....I don't think meera is on any sort of undercover mission.  The minister she is trying to kill is probably someone evil who committed alot of crimes and escaped from the law or something like that.  I think she is part of some rebel group who is after social justice.  she is reading  about Che Guevera and talking about latsiyam with that guy Ranjan.  I think she is part of some group!!! We will see. 
srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Madhu if we accept your theory , Meera's role becomes a negative one. The question is will our heroines ever accept to do negative roles ?Have my doubts.

welcome to the forum Madhu.
MadhuB thumbnail
Oh common!!!  why does it have to be a negative character?  We see so many tamil movies where the hero/main protaganist is fighting social injustice against ministers and police force.   I can't think of too many off the top of my head....one example...SAMURAI with vikram.  I am sure many didn't think that was one of vikram's negative character.  so why think of it as a negative character when a woman play it or when the role is played in tv serial.

They don't offer such roles to women in the films may be that is why meena took up this role.  I am just going on with my theory.  I guess we will all have to wait and see.  I just hope this serial is not part of the "rendu pondaatty" story dragging on for years!!!!
srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I too wish Meera is projected as a revolutionary fighting for social injustice. A diff. story line with social message  would be most welcome.
Will the Producers change megaaaaaaa serial culture & try out  bold subjects? If vellithirai can succeed why can't chinna thirai ?
Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update, Netra. The Express carried a short story on Kalyanam in which Meena is quoted as saying that her character works in the media.

This suggests that she is an investigative journalist. But still it's strange why she should penetrate a terrorist group and do the job that the police already are doing. Investigative journalists usually do jobs that the police won't do, such as conduct investigations against corrupt ministers and politicians. It's all a big mystery.
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks for the updates Netz.

Sorry Mels, for wrongly reading your posts.  My apologies.  But I am not the solaparanee woman.

I don't mind if they show Meena in negative role, as long as they don't drag the serial.

Welcome Madhu.

Bon, investigative journalists do usually try to find the correct version unlike police.  For all we know, Meena might want to find out more about this terrorist group.
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Welcome to the group Madhu. Hope u have a great time with us here naa...
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Welcome to the group, Madhu!  Yes, I have also wondered about Meena accepting the role of a terrorist and thought she might be an undercover cop, trying to expose the group of terrorists, but ... an investigative journalist, trying to kill a Minister?  Personally, I would rather we dropped all these terrorists from these mega serials altogether, or at least get them caught within two to three weeks.
Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Caryn, investigative journalists usually don't do dicey jobs like penetrate a terrorist group. No responsible newspaper would have its journalists penetrate terror groups as it would mean having to post high insurance premiums to cover on-the-job risks. They may have their reporters do sting operations to uncover corrupt ministers or illegal arms deals, but to penetrate a terror group is foolhardy. And for an investigative journalist to take it upon himself or herself to penetrate a terror group without the knowledge of the newspaper company's bosses would require deep commitment and passion as such a job carries high risks. Maybe Meera hates that particular brand of terror group so much that she wouldn't mind risking her life to uncover the group.
sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: eljay

Welcome to the group, Madhu!  Yes, I have also wondered about Meena accepting the role of a terrorist and thought she might be an undercover cop, trying to expose the group of terrorists, but ... an investigative journalist, trying to kill a Minister?  Personally, I would rather we dropped all these terrorists from these mega serials altogether, or at least get them caught within two to three weeks.

I agree. all the serials pretty much have the same sorta problem that revolves around terrorists at one point or big time gangsters. I think they should go back to a simple family dramas, with of course better comedy😆
something like Thirumathi Selvam is I guess, just different stories.😉