Hina Khan wants a partner next Holi

fckif thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hina Khan wants a partner next Holi

The Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai team celebrated Holi in a big way and Hina Khan, who plays Akshara on the show, gave us the details of the elaborate Holi sequence that was shot, as well as a little confession about her longing for an onscreen beau to share the festivities with.

HINA says, "We celebrated Holi on the sets. The entire family will be there in this sequence and all the family members will have separate stories. For example, Varsha and Akshara's brother's romantic track will be shown. I do not have a partner on the show so I will be enjoying Holi with my family. But I hope that next time I have a partner to celebrate Holi with."

The actress' costars took the shoot as an opportunity to ruin Hina's hair. She complains, "The rest of the cast applied oil on their hair but I did not because it does not look good in the frame. That's why everyone applied colour on my hair! And even after dousing it with conditioner, it hasn't become soft as yet! Hopefully, it will be back to normal soon."

Hina, who is originally from Srinagar but lived in Delhi, has been playing Holi for years. She says, "All my friends are Hindu and I just love to put colours on everyone. I have attended all of the pujas, hawans and celebrated all the festivals with them. Though the best Holi I celebrated was when I was in Kathmandu. It was so much fun over there." The actress also admits that she has tasted bhang once but says that "it did not taste good".

On the actually date of Holi, March 11, Hina says that the cast and crew will have to celebrate it again on the sets as their chances of a day off is negligible.

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Holi sequence will be aired on Thursday and Friday. Producer Rajan Shah's daughter Ishika will be making an appearance in the episode.

Source: Indya.com