Controversial but good Abhijit, Niladri

CommonMan thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Controversial but still very good Abhijit:

Abhijit has been in controversy (Aishrya case), he has been inconsistent in some of the episodes. BUT still I consider him as one of the find of the show. He is going through a tough phase of life (this is not to create sympathy, but everyone knows that performances get effected by personal problem. That is why he may be inconsistent). But on his days he has sung superbly and if we are looking for a good playback singer (or for that matter any type of singer) Abhijit is one of the very best. In the present circumstances he may not be voted back. But if he is not used in the music industry it would be a great loss to the future listener.

Another singer is Niladri:

Again he has been in controversy. He challenged his comptator and created controversy for himself. He is one of the most versatile singe (he is surely not the modest of the lot). Just like Ismail I have tremendous faith in him, if he is used properly he can give a real challenge to Sonu Nigam in future.

Comments please.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CommonMan thumbnail
This is in continuation of my last post.......Among the girls Ujjani should surely come back (she is not conroversial). Any one remember Sanchari Bose form the prilims. She was not accepted in the competation as she was under age........She was Sa re ga ma's winner (children special) held couple of years back. She is real good. No way she can come back but she is a real talent
music99 thumbnail
If quality matters then Abhijit , Noladri , Ujjaini and Sanchari who lost out are the ones to watch. Abhijit can sings some tough songs which no other comtestants can. He is a great talent and I would love to listen to Manna Dey songs in his voice.
Ujjaini is a perfect playback quality. Too bad she happened to be in the same episode as Nihira.
I cannot understand how a be soora singer like Rajeev can get a green card every time!!
Vedang thumbnail

Originally posted by: music99

If quality matters then Abhijit , Noladri , Ujjaini and Sanchari who lost out are the ones to watch. Abhijit can sings some tough songs which no other comtestants can. He is a great talent and I would love to listen to Manna Dey songs in his voice.
Ujjaini is a perfect playback quality. Too bad she happened to be in the same episode as Nihira.
I cannot understand how a besoora singer like Rajeev can get a green card every time!!

Rajeev entering the final of SRGMP C 2005 is a matter of shame and insult to many of the contestants who lost in the third round or got blue cards and are fighting now to come out of the chakravyuh.  All of them deserve a place in the final much more than Rajeev does.  I mean the fellow has a unique voice and I must admire it but he needs to polish it a lot. He is so raw now, can't even keep his sur straight with any consistency.  All  this  "dil se gaya"  is a big crap -- doesn't mean anything if you do not have control over your sur. I really wonder how he slipped through so many rounds to reach to where the likes of Vishwas, Debojeet, Sharib, Abhijeet and Ujjaini could not reach.

I have been watching SRGMP for several years for now and I have seen all the mega finals -- Popular Choice, Golden Voice Hunt, World Series and others.  The folks who could reach the finals of these events are in a league of their own. Rajeev does not deserve to be in that. 
Edited by Vedang - 18 years ago
Vedang thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

Music99,  Did u mean Sanchari or Sanchali??  I also agree with Commonman that Abhijit has not been consistant due to whatever his personal reasons may be. But in 3rd round he was definately better than Rajiv the greencard holder.  If Abhijit had left in previous rounds when he really not sing good it would have been OK. Debo should have gotten green & Abhijit wi Blue card and Rajiv out the door.  Himani should have received her green card on first day, sanchali should have gotten blue 2nd day & Twinkle should be out along with Rajiv.  I wish they do bring Sanchali, Ujjaini back.  I think Ujjaini lost against Keka or Raktima not sure but not Nihira? 

Ujjaini lost against Keka in first round of phase 3.
Sydney_Princess thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree Abhijeet is too good. I love his singing & wish to see him in finals. I can understand he is going through a bad phase and I guess this is why his singing has been inconsistent. As a singer he is great & it is really pleasing to listen to his singing. I hope he comes back through public voting. I know he is popular but also you never know.