Akshay Anand may leave Saath Phere

Koyel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Akshay Anand may leave Saath Phere

Akshay Anand, who plays Brijesh in Saat Phere, is not happy with the way his role is shaping after the show took a leap. And if his track does not change soon, the actor might take a drastic move and quit the show.

Akshay complains about his insignificant role in the serial saying, "I feel wasted on the show and I am doing it only because I have a good rapport with the production house. I have already told them my issues but my character is completely dependant on the channel. I cannot ask the channel what is happening with my character. I cannot stand on a rooftop and scream about nothing happening with my role."

He adds, "A few days ago I spoke to my writer Purnendu Shekhar. He told me that they were planning something for my track but nothing has happened yet. I am not insecure so I do not want to push beyond a point. If the channel says that Saloni's track is working and they will not change it, I cannot say anything to them."

An aggravated Akshay says that he will wait a few days but the frustration of it all might force him to take a rash decision. "Soon I will reach a state of mind where I will suddenly leave the show. I will not just walk out though. I will inform my production house. I will tell them that if they wish to end my character on the show then it will be the most convenient solution for both of us. I don't think I will continue with the show if my track goes on the way it is now."

Akshay plays the brother of Nahar (played by lead actor Sharad Kelkar) on Saath Phere. Right now, Nahar is sick and gets only a few scenes and dialogues on the show. Other than Saath Phere, Akshay will soon be seen a new show titled Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari, which starts on Monday, March 9.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090302_5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skamani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with Akshay, (Brijesh's)character  has been wasted since they made him insane. he is very talented as well loved by people deserve more screen place and far more important then he is gettingn right now.
milla thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
He should get more air time .
jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I hope he will stay and that the creatives of Saath Phere  will change the storyline.
I love the role of Brijesh in Saath Phere so I hope he will stay
sharona_bha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks i think he is right because he has nothing to do in saat phere they should to bring he's memory back .
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
pls return him back to normal.maybe the show will show a better direction to all viewers that for time being only it is focused on kids.
-Happy4Ever- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I absolutely agree with Akshay. His talent is being wasted.

I loved the chemistry between 2 brothers. we are so much missing it now.
sg2600 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Akshay Anand is a talented actor,,, Surely his character in SP has changed from one of the best to the worst. Sadly I support his decision.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I have always liked him...Wish he would get better air time...or cut his role out....Poor thing...He could do wonders in another show...
1987Roso thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nooo they shud end the showwwwwww