Sonam beats me up randomly: Cyrus Sahukar

bollygossipgirl thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Sonam beats me up randomly: Cyrus Sahukar

Cyrus Sahukar is looking forward to acting
opposite the Kapoor gal again in the Bollywood adaptation of Emma.

Emma is now Ayesha. The Jane Austen classic is being adapted by Bollywood and will be produced by Anil Kapoor. His younger daughter, Rhea, is at the helm of production affairs, while his elder daughter Sonam plays the title role, Ayesha. And one of the three men romancing her will be VJ-turned-actor Cyrus Sahukar. "I haven't read Emma. Can you believe that? Jane Austen doesn't agree with me. She was a cranky kid in school," says Cyrus matter-of-factly.
Is he playing the man who wants to marry Emma? "I fall in love with her, but I'm not sure about the marriage part. Whatever the case, it's going to be fun being a part of it," says Cyrus.

Ask him how he bagged the role and Cyrus says, "I was shooting for Delhi-6 with Sonam. They must have noticed me and thought of casting me. Or it could also be because I'm tall and I can be useful for fixing a bulb or for hanging clothes on. But forget that, I still can't fathom why someone of Rakeysh Mehra's calibre cast me in Delhi-6," he says.

This will be his second film with Sonam after Delhi-6. "Sonam beats me up randomly. I think she was my doctor in my last life. Whenever I'm a little low, she electrocutes me," claims Cyrus.

Apparently, women on the street want to beat him up after watching Delhi-6. "I'd like to set the record straight — I'd never leave any girl alone with a monkey," says Sahukar, who leaves Sonam in the custody of a kala bandar and scoots in the film.

In Delhi-6, Cyrus plays a video shop salesman who has an illicit affair with a married woman. "All the old men are concerned about their wives. And I'm getting bizarre messages on networking sites. Someone wrote on my wall 'Your rocket has finally taken off'," Cyrus says and cracks up.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/Sonam_beats_me_up_randomly_Cyrus_Sahukar_/articleshow/4199949.cms