What the creatives are really trying to say...

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
I know recently many people have been upset with the message being portrayed in the show that all these abshaguns really exist. I think this is the wrong way to look at things, because when I see the current happenings in the show, I see it through a completely different POV.

First of all, I completely agree with the many members that have mentioned about the var's name in the mehendi which is supposed to keep a couple happily married. And now that didn't work out the way it's supposed to. And there was another occasion when Phuli crossed maasa's path when she was on her way to visit her ill sister and maasa called her a bad omen and worried for her sister's health. But even that time nothing happened. So basically the creatives are trying to show that these tragedies are merely coincidental and sometimes such coincidences are falsely interpreted by ppl like maasa.

I strongly believe that the creatives are not spreading the wrong message. Why don't we look at this issue in a completely different light? Maybe the creatives are trying to show how maasa will react to these situations when she is at the receiving end, cuz we all know what she wud do or say if this happened to someone outside her family. And this time for a change she is the 'ladkiwaale', who are often shunned and mistreated. When she belittled Anandi's parents, Bhairav put forth a question to her asking how she wud feel if Sugna's inlaws treated them similarly. Then her answer was that it'll never happen cuz they are rich unlike Anandi's parents. For her everything weighed on money. And now when her family and Sugna are going to be shunned and looked down upon, Maasa will finally realize that money doesn't always bring you respect and at the same time she will get the taste of the treatment she has been doing on others. She relishes on poking on other's miseries and misfortune and doesn't miss a chance in reminding them of it, and mistreating them w/o considering the fact that it could happen to her family too. But no she always thought that her family and she are indestructible and nothing bad can happen to them, simply cuz they are one of the rich and famous. And now, Sugna and the other good ones in the family will also have to suffer cuz of maasa's ill-deeds and bad karma. For very long, Maasa is getting everything right going for her and her children. She got a nice bride like Anandi for Jagya; she made Jamuna risk her life so that she can have a grandchild. Then when she died, maasa managed to find an unwed, beautiful young girl for her old son, who is going to give her a grandchild, in spite of the fact that she cud lose her life w/ this.  But none of this affected maasa cuz she wasn't at the receiving end. But now the tables have turned and she will finally learn that what goes around comes around and will realize the extent of the pain she has been enduring on others.

This was simply my POV and I just wanted to bring forward another possible intention by the creatives. Deaths are terrible, and my heart goes out to poor Sugna. But like others have said, the precise focus of the show is to portray the life of child widows, early pregnancies, child marriages, cruel customs etc. It's truly applaudible that Balika Vadhu, unlike other shows, hasn't lost focus on the concept that it began with. They could have easily shown Sugna married and settled w/ Pratap and his family like any other saas-bahu drama, but instead there are going to be very valuable lessons to be learnt in the upcoming episodes, esp for ppl like maasa and how her outlook on this whole thing will change cuz this time it's happened in her family. Also, this would open up another possible track of widow remarriage.

Hope this gives people another way to look at things, rather than blaming the creatives for sending us the wrong message. Maybe they are sending the message to people like Maasa, and making them realize that what goes around comes around - its called karma.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MonMad thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am totally with u on this Kruthi.  Very well put......

Remarriages of Hindu widows and divorcees is still a rarity in India.  In a rural setting as in Balika Vadhu, the concept of divorce does not arise at all, but with dowry demands divorce or separation is a long standing issue in India as well.
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Glad to see atleast someone here agrees with me. We really need to stop going overboard with things. Through this experience, they have portrayed yet another truth to us. For example, at the end of today's episode said that this is another consequence to child marriages. I hope people take these lessons out of what they are showing, instead of jumping to conclusions.
brownies thumbnail
I totally agree w/ you Kruthi.
saloniv thumbnail
after gauna they  shud hv killed him
 and they could show remarriage as sugna can come back from inlaws

Edited by saloniv - 15 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I completely agree with u kruthi.This show doesn't give convey wrong msgs,it's making ppl realise that child marriage,class discrimination,marital r***,early pregnancy,injustice 2 widows r wrong & not right.
Few days bak i found some ppl here bashing d creatives that they r sending wrong msgs when dadisa insulted phooli but no in d next scene itself when gehna told dadisa that it's not phooli's fault that she is a widow and she doesn't even know d meaning of a married woman and a widow they made ppl realise what dadisa did was wrong.
Now dadisa will realise it's not a woman's fault if she become a widow.   
shalgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

she should also realise that is not the abshaguns but her false pride, ego and mindset because of which she kept insulting innocents like phooli, gehna, anandi and sumitra....

She will have tot bear for all her abuses which here beendris have to bear......by watching here only grand daughter in complete misery and dark future.... she will then realise the pain of widows and maybe change for Suguna's future
gawker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

when it happened to others, maasa could afford ti be judgemental, thinking with her head and hurting with her tongue. now that it has happened to her grandaughter, she'll be forced to think with her heart - and call forth love, sympathy and compassion. i guess this is why they were showing that she loves sugana so much in the days approaching this tragedy.

remixrulz thumbnail
I absolutely agree with all the points that you've mentioned.

What the creatives are truly trying to portray is now that maasa's adored grandchild suguna is d victim..if she'll treat her the way the 'society' wants her to or will there be a change in her mindset now that her loved one is under the bus.

It will portray how a person's POV changes when the victim is their own loved one...
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
well written kruthi, agreed wid wat u hve aid...its not spreading the wrong message bt  trying 2 highlight the dark truths of the society!dadisa will only learn wen she will cme 2 kno wen it happens 2 her near n dear 1s....basically its the test on her own rituals, customs,takes n traditions!!!
so u hve writtn it vry well!