19,20 feb: big things, little things

PurplePantsuit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
this is so late... i mean, i'm writing the btlt of 4 days ago!  but i promised bee, and didn't want to break the promise. so bee, this waste of forum space is all for you.  

odd thing is both the days bt,lt are very vitchface heavy - one of my least favourite people on the show. no, seriously.  i can even see the need to have a ratpal around temporarily - someone after all, has to be ravan in ramayan. but what is vitchface?  other than a caricature.  of all things a storyshouldn't do, it shouldn't bore.  this character teaches us nothing. does all the expected brain-less things. and says it in a most nerve-irritating way.  no, i'm not kidding.  vitchface's face - even in the tease-prem, tease-heer moments - made my nerves stand up and scream in irritation.  *sigh* and we will have more of her today... *sigh!*

the last bt,lt ended with the courier packet being delivered, prem taking delivery, preet standing like a useless falooda waiting for the axe tofall on his head.

* little thing: so, this show's all about a family wanting to stick together as the ultimate sign of love?  but still, is it so important that prem thinks he's got to go ''persuade'' his brother?  i dunno -- that was an incredible dumb thing for prem to have said. and i dunno if i've often accused prem of being superficially dumb.

* little thing: but that look of relief on (god) preet's face, when the courier packet turns out to be the wedding card was ...almost painful. *beautifully done by sr..*

* little thing: kuldi and her husband are really there as lalit juneja's personal assistant?  seriously?

* big thing: hmmmmmmm....meeeeeet moment!  

i'm not sure why i liked it a lot -- 'cause it wasn't like it actually had any ooooh. i guess it was 'cause it is the start of something deeper and more than friendship.

i liked how meher openly told preet that she liked his treating her close enough to trust her with this.  and before that, i totally loved the way preet looked before he asked her why she was laughing at him... they are still being great friends. and i like the idea of a friendship that grows into something deeper. rather than a lot of these stories which start with the idea that people are destined for each other.

but i did giggle at the whole meethand moment  'cause  i think they were trying for ooh, but there wasn't much... at least, not to me. πŸ˜†

* little thing: in that meet moment, i did like preet saying that he wants his pb to have a little time off before he has to take on the responsibilities again.  till then he wants to keep things quiet.  sooooo sweet, (god) preet! ⭐️

* big thing: vitchface is the most boring caricature of a spoilt girl ever.  why must we get bored? why??? πŸ˜² i just realised that i'd rather tear my hair over a bad script or poor editing than be bored. no, i'm serious guys. is there anything that redeems this character at all?  anything?

* little thing: nihaal may have a resume that allows him to be a financial consultant and earn a salary. but he has a potato brain.

and not a raw potato either, which if you plant in the ground and water, will grow. no, he has mashed potatoes for brains. if we - who see so little of their relationship - can figure that she detests him to death, he can't?? is that because she has been sleeping with him?  is that all a guy needs to convince him that a wife loves him?  seriously?

and is that the same reason why he calls her and tells her that he is responsible for preet getting fired?  i just didn't get this act of nihal's.  why the heck didn't he call prem?  or go over and talk to preet?  why, why, would he tell vitchface??  y'know?  this is the kind of stooopidity where i start losing my faith  in the scriptwriting team.  that was sooo braindead.

and y'know?  i don't feel sorry for nihaal on account of veera.  he was stooopid enough to buy jasmine for her and wasted that beautiful gajra. he deserves the pain he's gonna get on behalf of vitchface.

* little thing: didja notice that the dog playing chotta nihal is much smarter than bada nihaal?  as soon as vitchface leaves him, he is off the bed and fleeing for his life!  and afterwards he has to be dragged back by her into the shot.  

yup. that is one smart nihaal..🀣

* little thing: and while preet fights to try to get a job, the rest of his able-bodied and presumably able-minded family sit and loll about at home.  

that itself was such an absurd idea that i didn't even think the entire prem-convincing-lalit-juneja-life's-not-that-bad was something to be taken seriously.  are they serious?  they are all really depending upon preet to live???  that whole entire family? of people who are sleek and well-rounded and therefore obviously  eat well?

* little thing: 'kay, i think i'm falling ill or something.  i thought lalit-juneja by far, spoke the more sensible lines in the show on both thu&fri.

first those fiery lines 'bout how ''you don't make family understand, they just do.'' and then the way he reacted to prem's trying to coax him into a better humour when he said that life was strange in how the son who was a wastrel is now the person who works and supports the whole family.  lalit-juneja seriously rocked those scenes...

* teeny-prem-heer-thing:  i love how these two are constantly trailing each other. like they are afraid to let the other out of their sight?  hmmm... is that why prem hasn't started trying to put a working life together yet? πŸ˜† although, i notice that he is already working the phone to get back into his network?

although, eeps!  heer left prem to go after veera! ew. repeat of some old memories.... eww.

* little thing: i totally loved how heer reacted to vitchface's vitriol. totally dismissive. the only person who i've seen heer more dismissive of is... ratpal! πŸ˜†

* prem-heer thing: ooh, prem tells vitchface to get some brains -- even if they are mashed potato ones!  

πŸ˜† no, well, he didn't quite put it that way. but then prem's still prem, no?  he is polite even in the way he totally trashes and dismisses vitchface. and tells her to go home -- back to nihal!  'kay, did anyone else crack up at this one?  'cause it sooo made me think that he's thinking in his mind -- now you're his problem -- leave us alone! oh, the look on his face. totally gimlet-eyed. and the way he ''makes'' heer tell him what vitchface said...  ooooh. my favourite prem... 😍

so, makes me think: seriously -- how come prem's upbringing is soooo much superior to everyone of gayatri-lalit-juneja's children?  he is better behaved than harman, much better than preet, and of course, is lightyears better than vitchface?  is this proof that as family size becomes larger, parents get to spend less time with their kids and the youngest ones get to be the most horrible people on earth?

(bt,lt for 20 feb continued below... )

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PurplePantsuit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
* prem thing: the sweetest prem of all possible had to be the prem, who after preet lies to his brother about everything being cool with his job, calls him back, looks him straight in the face, says ''idhar aa'' and pulls him into a hug. 

(credits, khushi, http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1132042)
omg. i could've sooo hugged prem for that moment. just for that, prem gets a life-time membership into the temple of (god) preet and unlimited prasad... 🀣

that one moment of prem's absolved him of all the stooopidity of his lines in these two episodes. and the sweet way in which he calmed heer down as well.. she was soooo tense, poor thing. only heer could've been that calm when speaking toprem 'bout her beloved little preet. and when she sees that prem is trying hard to calm her down, she tries to tell him that she totally believes in him too. and i loved prem too after she tells him that he's the strength of the house, he comes back with love's the strength. 'cause *without sounding totally soppy* is true. there's heer's love for prem. preet's love for his family. meher's love for preet's family.  so many kinds of loves...

now if only these two can do all this without the structural engineering soundness of the walls of the house being able to withstand storms et al. 🀣🀣🀣

* meet thing:  yes!  they finally did it. i loved how meher gives preet water to drink -- that is such an indian thing to do!  i loved how she kept telling him 'bout everyone's excitement about his gifts. i loved how her little speech 'bout true hearts and dreams made him feel better. i loved how he made her feel good right back. i loved how she took the glass back from him. and then... there was the ooooh moment!  i mean, look at that smile!!!  ooooooh!!!

(credits to the same person, post as above... πŸ˜†)
i loved how i felt an oooh then... a meetoooh! my first! really... my (god) preet's first ooh. *feeling tears come to my eyes... my god preet is growing up...*

and it was such a bad taste, after these two segments - the then,now,forever-after love and the friendship-turns-to-love - to go into nihal-veera. yuck.

* little thing: no matter how merciless i feel 'bout nihal, i must say that i really felt sorry for him when vitchface wrecks his business with the way she answered that phonecall. 

and it being vitchface, the thought struck me:  now that prem's back, is vitchface thinking that all will be well with the juneja's and this is her fast-track to (a) dumping nihal to get back to jzoo and (b) make sure nihal crashes-and-burns along the way?

vitchface is boring and sick...  i want ratpal to target her and kill her and then go down for her murder.  omg. i don't believe i just wrote that...

* little thing: y'know what i really liked in the family dinner scene?
- i liked how everyone was just soo happy watching prem-gayatri-mom. i mean, did you see the happiness on (god) preet's face? 
- i liked how you can see that hc as prem eats everything with gusto!  and forces preet to do the same. πŸ˜†
- i liked how the light in gayatri-mom's eyes slowly but surely grows...

* big thing: and then that twit comes in to spoil everyone's happiness.

and y'know what i thought was truly evil 'bout her? she knows that prem knows 'bout nihal - after all, she had told heer. she probably knows that preet hasn't told anyone and that prem hasn't told preet yet. and! she manipulates the situation to try to make prem look bad, when he says that i know nihal.

and with what a moronic statement! ''do you know him as your sister's husband?  or as your wife's brother?''  excuse me -- do you remember when your pb  vanished, ms. mashed earthworm brain???  it's  neither!  nihal married vitchface after prem's ... er ... disappearance.  and that was when they knew of nihal being heer's brother too?  so what the heck is this boring evil manipulator talking about??

and of course, it works - not on prem!  but on innocent preet!  who doesn't know what prem is trying so hard to avoid coming to the forefront!  poor, poor darling preet... who is only stopped in his tracks when nihal comes in front of him. and charges nihal hot-headedly to defend himself.

and of course, it's guilt that makes nihal say that he is the guilty person.

and through the whole thing, all i could think was: if only they hadn't broken up vitchface's marriage to ratpal. if only! but then... ratty wouldn't have targetted heer?  then... rajasthan wouldn't have happened?  (think ''iss desh mein hain mera dil'', people! πŸ˜†) then... when hip-hop turned up, heer wouldn't havehad the emotional trauma of her impending marriage to ratpal forcing prem to come back to her?

more thinking later, i figure:  what the heck! i would give up all that just to not have vitchface in the jzoo ever again!  i would! *sigh*

the thing that made me feel most horrible?  the sight of gayatri-mom's once smiling face looking pained and filled with tears during this scene. this is the woman who went through hell for her son.  and now this mashed earthworm-brained manipulator comes in and spoils that wonderful moment when she started smiling again.  i seriously want the vitchface-blackhole now!  😑

* little thing: whose call was that?  i think that was prem's contacts confirming nihal's role in getting preet fired? 

so who else thinks that prem's already started moving things to put in place a company for preet to run?  *looking around at a sad lack of hands... sigh, i knew this was too late a bt,lt..  well, whatever. i stick my hand in the air! πŸ˜†*

w&w, people, w&w.

highlight of the episodes: prem saying ''idhar aa'' and hugging preet. meet moment of 02/20. prem-feeling-gayatri-mom-and-preet moment. all phhandooh addicts can phroool at the phhandooh-at, pg 1. πŸ˜†

and now my promise to bee is done.  i am going to sleep.  g'night, guys.  hope the show rocks tomor... today!  have fun.

*credits:  vitchface is a term that was coined a long time ago, by vibha (vibha_23) whose posts i miss like crazy.  'cause they were merciless about all the drossness of this show.  vibha started by calling veera witchface.  i turned it into vitchface to match veera. 

message for vibha:  please come backand post 'cause this show is going to dogs and no-one can rip it apart like you can... 😭
Edited by estee - 15 years ago
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
reserved

edit add

this is so late... i mean, i'm writing the btlt of 4 days ago!  but i promised bee, and didn't want to break the promise. so bee, this waste of forum space is all for you.  
😲omg..omg...estee keeps promises tooπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..

* prem-heer thing: ooh, prem tells vitchface to get some brains -- even if they are mashed potato ones!  
oh...so loved prem for that.........😍
πŸ˜† no, well, he didn't quite put it that way. but then prem's still prem, no?  he is polite even in the way he totally trashes and dismisses vitchface. and tells her to go home -- back to nihal!  'kay, did anyone else crack up at this one?  'cause it sooo made me think that he's thinking in his mind -- now you're his problem -- leave us alone! oh, the look on his face. totally gimlet-eyed. and the way he ''makes'' heer tell him what vitchface said...  ooooh. my favourite prem... 😍
yes estee agreed......he was the prem for me at that moment......the way he dismissed veera...too good...i just wish he comes to hear of all the rubbish veera has vomitted abt heer in his absence.....and give her a piece of his mind...oh i would love to see prem do that.......
so, makes me think: seriously -- how come prem's upbringing is soooo much superior to everyone of gayatri-lalit-juneja's children?  he is better behaved than harman, much better than preet, and of course, is lightyears better than vitchface?  is this proof that as family size becomes larger, parents get to spend less time with their kids and the youngest ones get to be the most horrible people on earth?
well estee....you have the answer yourself......coz prem was destined to be with heer....and as premeer are one........he was very much superior to this whole lot......just perfect for his heer......

* prem thing: the sweetest prem of all possible had to be the prem, who after preet lies to his brother about everything being cool with his job, calls him back, looks him straight in the face, says ''idhar aa'' and pulls him into a hug. 

(credits, khushi, http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1132042)
omg. i could've sooo hugged prem for that moment. just for that, prem gets a life-time membership into the temple of (god) preet and unlimited prasad... 🀣
estee.!!!...i really love prem for that......its a nice hug naa....my god embracing your godπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

that one moment of prem's absolved him of all the stooopidity of his lines in these two episodes. and the sweet way in which he calmed heer down as well.. she was soooo tense, poor thing. only heer could've been that calm when speaking toprem 'bout her beloved little preet. and when she sees that prem is trying hard to calm her down, she tries to tell him that she totally believes in him too. and i loved prem too after she tells him that he's the strength of the house, he comes back with love's the strength. 'cause *without sounding totally soppy* is true. there's heer's love for prem. preet's love for his family. meher's love for preet's family.  so many kinds of loves...
talk more estee....love you for that.....

and y'know what i thought was truly evil 'bout her? she knows that prem knows 'bout nihal - after all, she had told heer. she probably knows that preet hasn't told anyone and that prem hasn't told preet yet. and! she manipulates the situation to try to make prem look bad, when he says that i know nihal.

and with what a moronic statement! ''do you know him as your sister's husband?  or as your wife's brother?''  excuse me -- do you remember when your pb  vanished, ms. mashed earthworm brain???  it's  neither!  nihal married vitchface after prem's ... er ... disappearance.  and that was when they knew of nihal being heer's brother too?  so what the heck is this boring evil manipulator talking about??
leave aside that...rem estee prem knew nihaal even before he was related to him...how can that vitchface forget that....

Edited by riks1 - 15 years ago
-Bee- thumbnail
E!!!!! *big hug* I can't believe you put it up.... thank you sooooo much! You know, I've gotten as addicted to your btlts as to the show.
*rolls eyes at e for ever thinking that her btlts are a waste of space*

Anyway, must come back to edit... I have to first read over the btlt, and then eat lunch.
Soaps1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks estee great ltbt as always πŸ˜†

but i will just keep mum now on...i am not happy with a lot of things happening in the show, no matter how i look at them...i will just take the hurt as the creatives throw it from now on and will see for how long my love for Premeer would make me hold on

Byt hey i agree with the Prem is already working to put a company for Preet or atleast do something for him part...chalo we agree on something atleast πŸ˜†Edited by Soaps1 - 15 years ago