Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Amisha Patel dons the Kolkata Knight Riders colours

Story By:     CHUMAN DAS     updated on:     06/04/09

MUMBAI: Amisha Patel is one up on Shah Rukh Khan. Even before the actor could wear the black and gold colours of his IPL franchise, Kolkata Knight Riders, for a film, Amisha Patel has done that.

The actress said, "Manish Malhotra who has designed all the clothes for KKR has used that similar colour theme for a song in my latest film. Manish was designing the women's line for his fashion shows in Delhi and Mumbai and he was discussing their designs. It was then that we decided why not try out the colour scheme for my costumes in a song. The costumes were striking and with my complexion, they are looking great on camera."

So when she was teased that she is one up on SRK, Patel was startled, "No no… please don't say that. SRK is the Badshah and be it as an actor, as a friend or as a human being, he is superior. So please don't say that I am one up on him."

After Patel's get skimpy look in Thoda Pyar Thoda Magik, audiences are eager to see what she comes up with next. And with Malhotra styling her, we don't have to worry about the looks, the question is about her role in the film… Now that's going to be the next ladder to climb for Patel who has two of the biggest blockbusters of Indian cinema, Gaddar and Kaho Na Pyar Hai, to her credit.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=12681
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thakns alot zarena for the artcial
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
aw amisha sounds so cute in this article
Zareena thumbnail
you're welcome marriam😊 how are you?

Yeah fary..i use to like Amisha a lot but after hearing about bad attitude and then dating vikram ... i also think she just didn't chose the right scripts and didn't worked hard enough. I really thought she would do good quality work.
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
zaareena me good just busy with scholls. wat about u thakns for posting srk picz. n articals. i cant leave without geting any news on himhaha

aw amisha so cute i wount mind if she work  with srk
hey, u hav not added me in the member list? its sweety4jaan 
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
i know amisha sounds so cool
Zareena thumbnail
The Big Patch-Up...

... and the man behind it

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Tuesday, April 07, 2009 at 02:53:11 AM

First they fight, then they patch-up. We are talking about the biggest superstars of the Hindi film industry- Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. In an interview to Mumbai Mirror on March 12, Aamir had openly spoken against Shah Rukh's self-professed No 1 star status, and how he has lost his sense of humour since his films aren't doing well. All that is now in the past. On Sunday night, Aamir and Shah Rukh met at Karan Johar's Khar residence to settle their differences and work together to fight the current problems the industry is in due to the multiplex issue.

Aamir's spokesperson confirmed the meeting but was unable to give details.

Karan Johar confirmed and said, "Yes, we met but it was an official meeting regarding the situation the industry is in. I would not like to discuss anything further till I can."

However, a source said, "Aamir and Shah Rukh have been at war from some time now. The war became public once Aamir became the most powerful man in the film industry according to a (Filmfare) poll. That's when Aamir took the opportunity to give Shah Rukh a taste of his own medicine. Aamir openly made his displeasure clear about all the digs SRK has made against him publicly over the past few months."

Commenting on what made them bury the hatchet on Sunday night, the source said, "Now that the industry is in trouble with no film releasing in multiplexes, producers wanted both SRK and Aamir to work together to sort out the strike issue. While both the actors sent a letter of consent to show their support, they did not attend the meeting. However, as an afterthought, Aamir decided to take matters in his hands.

They finally met at Karan Johar's house. Karan, who has been a silent spectator ever since the star fight started, is extremely close to SRK as well as Aamir. He was the only one present at the meeting where both the superstars came to a conclusion to put their differences aside and work together for the sake of the industry. Karan was also of the opinion that both the stars should make an appeal together. Both the stars will now be seen working together for a common cause."

According to the source, both the actors thought that there is no point in having personal differences as they have to first think about the industry.

The source said, "The fact that a calm and dignified person like Karan was present during the meeting only helped things. SRK and Aamir jointly decided that together they can do a lot for the industry. After the six-hour long meeting concluded, SRK and Aamir decided to have a press conference where they will be on the same platform to resolve the multiplex issue. The press conference will be held today at 4.00 pm at a suburban hotel wherein a settlement will be worked out between multiplexes, producers and distributors. That the biggest superstars of the film industry will put up a united front will only help matters. SRK and Aamir standing together will send across a very strong message to the entire industry."

The SRK-Aamir verbal duel over the years

•   Aamir Khan said: Shah Rukh knows nothing about marketing. He only does PR and gives lot and lots of interviews. Shah Rukh Khan replied: Why is there an assumption that I would listen to what Aamir thinks about me? But obviously, it's not the universal truth. With due respect to his wonderful mind, I don't accept it. I do what's right for my film.

•   Aamir said: Shah Rukh thinks giving interviews is marketing but marketing is much more than just PR. SRK said: As much as Aamir knows the difference between marketing and PR, I don't know the difference. I am still an old-fashioned guy who thinks PR is a dirty word, and maybe so does Aamir, that's why he said it. But the fact that I speak to people I have known over the years is because of a personal relationship rather than a professional need, which makes people like me a little more.

•   SRK said: Mein shehar mein toh tha nahin, toh jab sher jungle se baahar jaata hain to bahut log bahut kuch bolte aur karte hain. Sometimes I feel thoda zyada bol diya usne (Aamir), but I don't hold it against him. Aamir said: Over the years I have noticed that SRK has been talking about me repeatedly, be it in his interviews or at award functions or any where else. He has been saying things about me and I decided that I should not be quiet now.

•   Aamir said: Shah Rukh (his pet dog) is dirty today, I think he needs a bath. He is licking my feet. SRK said: I told him when he spoke about the dog reference that my children didn't like it.

•   SRK said: Aamir came home and said a sort of a sorry to my kids. He very sweetly told them, "I love your dad, he's my friend and I didn't realise it..." But he didn't convince my kids. They really liked him, now they don't. When I meet him I'll tell him those are two fans he has lost for sure. Aamir said: No matter what SRK tells his children, I will tell my kids to love and respect him always. What he teaches his children is entirely up to him.

•   SRK said: I was joking when I said that I am number 1. Aamir said: I remember him saying in one of his interviews that he was joking about calling himself No 1 and I did not get the joke and he was saying that in humility. Somewhere I find it very funny as in my entire lifetime I have never seen anyone saying I am No 1.

•   Aamir said: I can understand that he is bitter as his films have not done well. I don't know but I only have warmth and regards for him and I wish him all the very best. I can understand that SRK works very hard on his films and gives lot of interviews for his films and I think that is a wonderful quality in him. I think he is upset as his films have not done as well as he expected them to be but I wish him all the success that he deserves.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20090407200904070253118429b9d1601/The-Big-PatchUp.html

Zareena thumbnail
All the Khans unite!

Prithwish GangulySunday, March 22, 2009 23:18 IST Email

Mumbai: Irrespective of their numerous internal squabbles, for this one time all the Khans have come together. Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan have both sent consent letters to the producers' body that they are standing by the film-funders and not the multiplexes in the current stand-off plaguing the celluloid industry.

All the Khans have put their weight behind the producers' body.What's more interesting is that Salman Khan (who has sworn to never patch up with SRK post their rift at Katrina Kaif's birthday) too has joined SRK and Aamir by telling the producers that he is on their side. Saif Ali Khan, we have learnt, will also show his allegiance to the film-makers and not the exhibitors.

Mukesh Bhatt, chairman of the producers' body, says, "It is true that we have got consent letters from the big Khans in the film fraternity. As you know, all of them have turned producers and so they are on our side and not the multiplexes. We want to show the multiplexes that we all are together in this fight." Interestingly, Aamir is very close to PVR as he forged a partnership with the company for his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par.

Earlier, a source had tipped us about the development, "When the core committee of the producers' body took a decision to ban the multiplexes, they asked all the producers for consent on the decision. The Khans were approached too as they all own production houses. Being producers, they had to side the funding body."

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1241608
Zareena thumbnail
Aamir, SRK come together to fight for film industry

By: Upala KBRDate: 2009-04-04

The on-again-off-again powerful duo presented a united front at a producers meeting on Thursday to discuss the multiplex deadlock

Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan may love to snipe at each other publicly, but when they meet they are at their cordial best.

I Love You: Shah Rukh and Aamir Khan were chatting like "old friends" at the meeting

That was evident on Thursday when they had a hush-hush meeting at The Club in Andheri with other producers like Dharma Productions, Vishesh Films, UTV, Eros, Yash Raj Films and Studio 18 to discuss solutions for the producer-multiplex impasse.

Says a source present at the meeting, "All producers and distributors have decided not to release their movies from April 4 until multiplexes agree to an equal share in revenue regardless of the star cast or budget.

Until then, the marketing and distribution of all new films set for release from April 4 have been suspended, except Percept's Tasveer 8 X 10, which released yesterday."

About SRK and Aamir, the source adds, "This is one area where both SRK and Aamir are united. Both were seen chatting and catching up on many things like old friends. It's a good thing because everyone realises that we are all part of one family the film industry."

Indefinite delay

Other producers too noticed the good vibes between Shah Rukh and Aamir. Mukesh Bhatt, from Vishesh Films, says, "I was present at the meeting with Aamir, Shah Rukh, Ronnie Screwwala from UTV, Karan Johar from Dharma, Yash Chopra from Yash Raj Films. Aamir and Shah Rukh were very warm and friendly towards each other.

"They greeted each other cordially. It's our prime duty to stand by one another in crisis and help each other through it. That's what Aamir and Shah Rukh are doing."

Producer Sajid Nadiadwala who wasn't present at the meeting said, "I was to attend, but I couldn't. Though I was to initially release Kambakkht Ishq on May 29, now I'm not.

There's been an indefinite delay. I am there with the fraternity. My film is big, but it's not bigger than the fraternity."

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/apr/040409-Shah-Rukh-Khan-Aamir-Khan-Dharma-Productions-Vishesh-Films.htm