Written update Jan 27th'09 Ravan's vivid memories

ananyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Part 1:  Ravan's battle with Anaranya, Dasharath

Today's episode takes us a little back from where we were left yesterday. Ravan's head remind him of a curse from Ikshvaku king Anaranya and Ravan recollects the incident.

Ravan in his battle with King Anaranya (of Ikshvaku)  King Ananranya send an arrow towards Ravan, which is reversed by Ravan's sorcery and the arrow just misses King Anaranya; Ravan acknowledges Anaranya's archery but says that he (Anaranya) is not capable of withstanding Ravan's supremacy on battle field and immediately he makes a dagger appear which is very powerful and proceeds towards Anaranya piercing all the arrws sent by Anaranya and finally pierces his body downing him from his chariot. Ravan's army is elated and Ravan mocks Anaranya in a very cheap way saying that there was never a brave warrior among Ikshvakus and Ikshvakus are destined to die at the hands of Ravan to which Anaranya curses him that if he (Anaranya) had any good deeds to back his words then the one born in Ikshvaku clan will kill Ravan at which Ravan mocks him again and doesn't take it seriously and ridicules him saying that an ant coveted to swallow a mountain.

Immediately Ravan recollects his encounter with Dasharatha and Kaikeyi when the latter attacks Shaambhar's city Vaijiyant(?)

Ravan and Dasharatha and Kaikeyi are against each other with their respective armies: Ravan remarks that he had heard a lot about Dasharath's valor but all his valor was because of Kaikeyi; Kaikeyi tells Dasharath not to take Ravan's words seriously since he was trying to distract Dasharath.

Ravan again resorting to his annoying remarks says that he was never involved in a war so long with anybody before as he was involved with Dashrath; he goes on to say that he was more worried of Kaikeyi lest she gets injured and that she should be just a spectator of this ongoing battle; Kaikeyi is very angry at his remark!

Dasharath gives him a fitting reply saying a war is fought with weapons and not on conditions and shoots arrows at him, they are ineffective against Ravan.

Ravan shoots an arrow at the chariot wheel of Dashrath and the wheel is broken, Kaikeyi sensing the danger put in her fingers in the axle of the chariot wheel. again Ravan shoots another potent arrow and injures Dasharath badly and continues denouncing the Ikshvakus at which Kaikeyi is enraged, says that Ravan can laugh off as much as he can and in a thunderous voice vows that one day the very sons of Dasharatha will avenge this insult of Ikshvakus; dasharath's wounds will always echo in her mind and remind her of ravan's mockery and her vow and that he'll surely die at the hands of the princes of Ayodhya

Part 2  Ravan's self denial of death; Curses in previous birth

After recollecting various incidents Ravan in his over confidence tells his astrologer that none in this world was capable of killing Ravan and that he had the capability of binding the curses in a noose/ paash and throwing them off. He says that its Ravan who'll slay Rama and not the other way round, the astrologer cuts him short that he knew about Ram's horoscope and that he didn't have a mrityuyog right now.

Ravan replies that he had all the planets in his control and he can direct them to change their respective positions in Ram's horoscope in such a way that Ram's death would be certain.

Meanwhile the demi-gods along with Narad are super worried and they take refuge under Brahma ; Brahma says that Gods look worried and were not happy; Indra replies that they were worried that if Ravan changes the planets' position in Ram's horoscope,it'll be a disaster, Narad agrees to it saying that Ravan wanted the one who is immortal ,absolute Ram to die and hence Ravan should be stopped . Brahma assures all the gods and Narad that Ravan was destined to die and that he had no control over his destiny he then narrates an incident about Ravan and Kumbhakarna's previous births when they were the gatekeepers of vaikuntha.

The tale goes thus.....

The mind-born sons of Brahma Sanat, Sanandan, Sanak, Sanatan collectively known as Sanatkumaras or Chatursanas once wanted to lord vishnu and thus hastingly proceed towards the seventh door , they are stoppped by the gate-keepers Jaya and Vijaya who think that they are just kids saying that the kids must have strayed there thinking it a play place at which The sanatkumars introduce themselves and ask Jaya and Vijaya to allow them to meet Lord Vishnu but they find themselves ridiculed at the hands of Jaya- Vijaya and in a fit of rage, they curse Jaya-Vijaya saying that Jaya-Vijaya were not fit to be gatekeepers of the supreme lord Vishnu since they didn't have any qualities of lord Vishnu (compassion, humility...) and that they'll be born as Rakshasas, this leaves Jaya-Vijaya shocked!

Episode ends on the angry faces of Sanat kumars.

(Sarvam shrii Sita-Ramchandrarpanam astu)

Todays  Ravan's howling laughter was a big put-off 👎🏼 what y'll say folks?
Edited by akhl - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Ananya for the great update!  It's a wonder all of you updaters keep all these characters' names straight!  I would be lost!  Anyway, good job, and keep it up!😊
LeadNitrate thumbnail

its good to see they r showing all the stories of curses, but i do hope they will show some ram laxmaan moments too!

and although i love the stories and all, i am just too impatient, cannot wait  for the ar to start
ananyacool thumbnail
Thank you Mallika di, ☺️as far as the remembering part goes, I too watched it many times to check if I had heard the words correctly  😃

Yes tan , Sagars are showing all possible anecdotes related to Ramayan, but again I think they're dragging these episodes....
Also agree that the trio of Ram-Sita Lakshman should be shown too.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I wish Ravan could die tomorrow (as horrible as that sounds😳). No offense, Akhilendra Mishra, but I'm impatient to see how they show the Agni Pariksha, and whether they'll use Chaya Sita or Real Sita, but by the way they have characterized Debina's role in this Ramayan, I think they are going for the real Sita conept. All those expressions and moments where Sita remembers Ram in this Ramayan will seem meaningless if they go for the Chaya Sita concept. What do you all think?

Nice update Ananya, and I too felt Ravan's laugh today was a big put-off. It seemed like he was putting too much stress into it.
ananyacool thumbnail

Originally posted by: godisone

I wish Ravan could die tomorrow (as horrible as that sounds😳). No offense, Akhilendra Mishra, but I'm impatient to see how they show the Agni Pariksha, and whether they'll use Chaya Sita or Real Sita, but by the way they have characterized Debina's role in this Ramayan, I think they are going for the real Sita conept. All those expressions and moments where Sita remembers Ram in this Ramayan will seem meaningless if they go for the Chaya Sita concept. What do you all think?

Nice update Ananya, and I too felt Ravan's laugh today was a big put-off. It seemed like he was putting too much stress into it.

Thanks Lalita, well you're not offending anyone ;  probably most of them including me are waiting for the war to take place and the agnipariksha scene......lets wait n watch

and Ravan's laughter is still echoing in my ears 😆😆
desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: godisone

You  know Lalita...I was thinking actually the same exact things too...that r the sagars going to show Chaya Sita or Real Sita during Agni Pariksha....and if they show Chaya Sita it wud be sort of meaningless so to speak esp keeping in mind when "sita-ji" kept a Vrat for hubby dear!!!!!! And the emotions of Ramji for his beloved wud seem to throw us off too!!!!

However, keep in mind that the Sagar's also showed us 2 stories that Ram Anand ji did not show...the Vedvati story of HER being the reason of Ravan's death and she will be coming as the Lord's wife, Second story is when Ravan was cursed by Nal-Kuber on if ever in the future he dares to touch a lady against her will then Ravan's head wud burst into flames......this curse was given to Ravan after he raped his own daughter-in-law ( i think thats the relationship...correct me if i'm wrong)!!!!!!

And in the Old Ramayan Ramji tells Laxman that if Ravan wud have actually touched Sita ma, then he wud of been dead right then and there!!!!! And the curse given by Nal-Kuber, and Brahma dev's sons wud have all gone in vain!!!!! So those curses were also needed to be fulfilled!!!!!!

Hope that makes sense!!!!!
desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanx a bunch for the update ananya!!!! Outstanding!!!!! keep up the good work dear!!!

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
thanks anu

good update

but  one thing let me tell u

sagars not merely making a re run type of ramayan after twenty years

they r showing thigns which tthey didnt before

ravan end wud come but he cant be dumped off just like that can he

vijay09 thumbnail

hello ananya,

thnx a lot for the early reply. You are right. Contextually also it fits into the episode. Infact I got a video clipping of the episode.

Vijay