Written Update 13th January 2009

pg17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Important: Sorry for the delay. The scheduled updater Jinc118 has encountered some technical problems so I am filling in.

So here goes for those who have not watched the episode yet...

13th of January, 2009
Rating: 4/5 👏Shaadi aisa ladoo hai jo khaye pachtaye, jo na khaye wo bhi pachtaye!! haila!😕
Highlights:
  • Vishaka comes too late
  • Dev marries Radhika 

⭐️ Romantic song played during the Saath Phere - Virasaat (Taare Hai Barati) 

Kanyadaan

Pandit is saying some mantras. Ab aap ki putri ka kanyadaan ho gaya. He says from now whenever she comes home to treat her just as well as you would have treated a guest. That if she is given any trouble then she has the right to take her husband away. 

Ghat Bandhan
He calls for the bride's sister. He asks Shastriji where is Radhika? Dadi says 'are bhai ghat bhandhan bahain hi karegi nah, bolayeh Radhika ko'.

Purab and Vishaka hails a cyclewala.

Vaishali says that if you are thinking that we will get offended that Radhika who is adopted and not Vaishali's real sister - does the ghat bhandhan then it is not so, just call her. Devki says that is not so. Aama says Radhika was just here, that during the wedding Devki's kaki fell sick. She is looking after her. Purohitji says by god's grace may her get well but who will do the ghat bhandan. Aama says Bela will do it as she is a close cousin. Birju tells Bela to tie the ghat (knot) tightly so that it does not unties.  

Pandit ji asks where is the bride's brother. Shastriji says Vishaka doesnt have a brother. Devki says Nandu hai nah. They call Nandu and say he was resting as he got tired looking for Radhika. Pandit tell the couple to stand up.

Vishaka is disturbed and asks Purab whether they will get there in time. Purab reassures her and asks the cyclewala to hasten.

Pandit tells Dev to stand behind the kanya and to take her hand in his. (Mast gana shuru hoh jaati hai - from the movie Virasaat Taare hai Barati - haila!) Dev does as he is told. Radhika gets coy from his touch and Dev looks happy. (Haila itna romantic 👏😳😉 ooff kya mohabhat hai)

Saath Phere
Nandu places the stuff (no idea what it is called) in their hands and they drop it into the hawan.  
They do the 1st Phere.

Purab asks the cyclewala to hasten. Vishaka says I hope nobody went into the room and found out that I was gone. Purab says not to worry we are nearly there.

Pandit say along with me: Mein wajan leta hoon ke jeevan bhar tumhara bharan poshan karouga (Dev looks at Radhika 😳) Devki and Aama looks constipated throughout. (LoL couldnt resist but they are annoying!) Mrinali looks bored.

2nd Phere

Vishaka says when we went it didnt take that long why is it taking this long now when we are going back.

3rd Phere
Mrinali instead of throwing flowers on the couple is throwing them on Arjun. Both flirtateous.

Purab and Vishaka asks the cyclewale to hasten.

Pandit says from the 4th Phere the groom will go in front and the bride will follow.

Cyclewala stops - some lorry blocking the road. Purab says to take the other route.

6th Phere
Pandit ask to says mein wajan leta houn ki haar dukh sukh mein tumhara saath nibahounga.

Vishaka asks the cyclewala to hasten. She tells Purab she is scared. Purab says nothing will happen. Vishaka says I know. Because I am the one who needs to get married.

7th Phere.
Pandi ask Dev to say mein jivan bhar tumhara sabsa aacha mitra ban kar rahouga.

Vishaka says Aama must have got to know that she made Radhika sit there. Purab says no.

Nandu sees the reflection of Radhika's face in a thali with water calls out Radhika didi. Everyone looks shocked/perplexed. Aama  to dispell the situation says come I will take you to Radhika.

Purab says we are getting late. Vishaka says dont worry no matter what I will be the one to become Raj Purohit's choti bahu.

Dev says he wants to say another kasam. He says he takes the oath that he will abide by all his oaths and that from today his life will begin and end with her.

Pandit says only with these Saath Phere 2 souls become one. Tell them to sit. Dev puts the mangalsutra on Radhika. Aama comes at that moment she looks angry. Radhika holds her mangalsutra. 

Purab and Vishaka reach there. Vishaka gets there and tells Purab to go, she will manage. Purab says aaish kaar. 

Pandit says ab sindoor dalo. Dev says but for that I will have to lift the ghoongat right. They agree. 

Precap: To put the Sindoor, you will have to lift the ghooghat. Arjun's wife teases Dev and says you are impatient. She is slowly lifting the ghoonghat. Devki looks as if she is having constipation or a heart attack. 😆

Comments:  Probably the longest wedding in TV serial's history. I find Devki, Aama and Vishaka thoroughly irritating. I think Drama kal se churi hogi. Vishaka will snatch Radhika's rights and will go as the Choti Bahu. Rona Dona chalu hoga. BecharaDev. Kanha kuch toh kaar... RADEV RADEV RADEV ek hona hi hai. But considering how long they dragged the wedding I think we are in for a long wait - I just hope they quicken it a bit. We might lose interest otherwise. 😲

Please comment. 😃
That way I can improve the written updates.
Goodbye till tomorrow - I am doing the update again on wed and thurs! 😃 
Edited by -JC- - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Thanks! Amazing episode, they're almost there, the noly thing left to do is sindoor and then it's party time!!!!!!!!!
JasveerShastri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hope no one stop this wedding.Thanks for the update
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
in maayka soni veer wedding was almost one week
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh God plz tell me he'll put the sindoor on her.  I am imagining worse case senerio.. Devki gets a heartattack or actually pretends or she faints all attention goes to her including Radhika and Dev. The ceremony stalls. And the muhurat is gone. Vish comes back. They forego the sindoor thing.. or worse yet, Vish takes Rads place in the midst of the confusion and Dev puts the sindoor on Vish???😲 EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I hope not.
bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
jc i will go with your prediction
that fulfill the title sindur bin suhagan
radhika will not get sindoor ..................but she is merried without sindoor
Aamir's Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the update. i am getting so scared thinking as to what will happen. I cannot wait for tomorrow.
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bsingapury

jc i will go with your prediction

that fulfill the title sindur bin suhagan
radhika will not get sindoor ..................but she is merried without sindoor

Beena anyway after your took Phera & Mangleshuktra..you are married..
If Dev she Vishaka face when he puting Sindoor..wo soch ke dimag nahi chalta..
let see wht happen tomorow..

Thanks PG for update..
PiyaBawri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for a great update but if Dev will lift the ghoonghat and put the sindoor on Radhika the rest of the family will have a heart attack and if Vishaka and Radhika switch places in the middle due to some confusion/chaos, Dev will have a heart attack when he lifts the ghoongat for sindoor.

YIKES can't wait to find out what will happen today.
xTimax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the great update. Cant wait for today's update.