Bollywood speaks on A.R. Rahman win at the Golden

simplyfilmi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Bollywood speaks on A.R. Rahman win at the Golden Globe
By Subhash K Jha, 13 January, 2009

Bollywood speaks on A.R. Rahman win at the Golden GlobeA R Rahman bagged a Golden Globe award for scoring the music score of Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. He is the first Indian to bag the honour.

In his characteristic unassuming way Rahman stated that it is an honour for India and not just for him. B-Town's music folk as well as directors, writers and stars share his joy...

Abhishek Bachchan: What a  glorious moment for him! He continues to make us proud. I'm very lucky to have worked with him in Yuva, Guru and Delhi-6. My congratulations to  him.

Gulzar: It's the horse that has won the race. The one riding the horse was Rahman. My lyrics for Jai Ho were just the lagaam for the horse. Rahman has always been a clutter-breaker. He broke the antara-mukhda-antara(stanza-intro-stanza) mould in Hindi film songs. Now he has broken into the international arena. I'm working with him on the new Mani Ratnam project Raavan. As always, it's a pleasure. All I can say for Rahman is, Jai ho.

Irrfan Khan: Rahman ki Jai Ho aur aage Indian cinema ki bhi jai ho. I'm part of SM and meri bhi jai ho."

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra: I guess on the way to the Oscars, he has picked up a Golden Globe. The best thing about his music in Slumdog Millionaire(SD) is that his work in the film is so revolutionary and potent he made the jury's job easier. God bless Rahman for bringing India back on the cultural world-map. This will pave the way for bigger things from him and from our country.

Javed Akhtar: I'm thrilled, proud and happy. But not at all surprised. It's inevitable for a genius like Rahman to get international acclaim.

Aadesh Shrivastava: Bahut garv hota hai apne desh ke prati. Jai Hind.

Narayan: I've had the singular pleasure of working with A R Rahman many times. In fact, I had sung for the last India-based film Lagaan that had his music. He's a fine human being and composer. As I always say, good things happen to good people.

Ashutosh Gowariker: Rahman and I have worked together  in Lagaan and Swades. We're now doing What's Your Raashee? He is fantastic! He's a trailblazer. I'm so very proud of him. His speech at the Golden Globe ceremony was superb, short and sweet... full of gratitude for his fans. Wow! I'll exhale only when I meet him.

Bappi Lahiri: It's a great honour for Bollywood. We're all proud of A R Rahman. God bless him.

Shekhar Ravjiani: A R Rahman is a genius. The music of SM is outstanding. It deserves every award on this planet. I'm extremely happy for him.

Sunidhi Chauhan: Recently, I sang a Hindi song for him in an English-language film. Singing an A R Rahman composition is a privilege. I'm glad the West is realising his worth.

Annu Malek: Such talent comes once in a lifetime. A great day for our country. A R Rahman is a genius. I salute A R Rahman. I'm so happy for him. With the Globe coming to Rahman, the Indian music industry has come a long way.

Vishal Bhardwaj: Things just won't stop here for Rahman. The genius shall now bring an Oscar for us. Insha Allah.

Kunal Ganjawala: This is just the beginning of many more international awards to come for Rahman."

http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=9004

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great to see people reacting positively...he deserves all the accolades...he is a gem in the Indian music scene!

I loved his albums this year....JA, JTYJN, Ghajini....style, substance and variety....and the spirituality in his voice is so evident in the Khwaja song from JA...no wonder God is partial to him!!!😊
..kashish.. thumbnail
agree withanu mallliks statement!
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
well
ya i like his music
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
YAY! Good job and congratz to AR Rahman, I loved for Javed saab and Abhi said about AR Rahman, he truly is India's finest and I hope you wins the Oscar too!!