desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Not everything goes smoothly as one would hope to be, especially in getting to know an unknown person that you've married

I think it'll  be fun to see the nok jhoks they go thru iin the process of understanding each other

but do you think Love ater marriage is more of a compromised [like u have no other choice since u married him/her] love or real love like any other

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey That's a Great Question you asked !
I am not at Certain age where i should be talking about this So here what i think,

Well you see, I believe in Arrange Marriage, Because Love Marriage Creates More problem than Arrange,
Arrange Marriage takes more time to understand your partner, How he gets along with people, see if you will too get along with his choice or he will with your choice
So mostly at Love, You know the Person already, so after marriage once you make a mistake
it creates confilicts between relationship, as you already Know person.. so it doesnt take time to Point at the person straightaway,

So I believe in Arrange

Plus Yeah i cant wait to see the Show, As the Promo has already attracted me,
Akshara Look real cute and Plus the Guy she is with
tHEY MAKE Awesome Jodi !

All the Best for the Show !

Imran
sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Marriages r made in heaven, sadly few makers dont realise it... however be it love marriage or arrange marriage its an inseperable bond and am sure this arrange marriage story would capture hearts promos are interesting and its with the makers hand who have made such a beautiful show which has a strong story content hence looking forward to the show!! Interesting line of discussion Jhanvi!!

Luv,

Shagun
Sadie101 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well it is a good question
I believe in arrange marriages because thats how i got my fiance 😉 but to be honest, i believed in the concept because i didn't go around looking for love but waited till it came to my doorstep to ask for my hand.
And when your parents have approved him then they will always be supportive of the relationship which is really important because parents can ensure that their child is happily married...
i think that enough of my "bhasan" hehe

so i am totally lookin forward to the show.... maybe i might see glimpses of my love story (after engagement ofcourse)

Edited by Sadie101 - 15 years ago
Tomiko thumbnail

That really is an interesting question. Hmm.

I don't think arranged marriage would necessarily be a compromise for love, though both sides would probably be more willing to make compromises to make the marriage work.  And love isn't always [sadly] how they show it in movies and books, but it can come from little things like just being happy with each other. 

Soooo; I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make.😕😆

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i wud agree wid shagun!! love ho ya arrange.......... u jst hav 2 hav da sentimnts yaar bt i LUV da concept of cute arranged marriages bcz its cute nd innocent unlyk da boyfrnd/grlfrnd system which i personally dont lyk much bt da marriages r nt at all supposed 2 b focd...da grl nd da boy SHUD b knowing each other nt lyk dey r meeting fr DA FRST tym on deir wedding day!!!
lollzz
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
great answers by all !! I totally agree as love of any kind should be strong and truthful, but sometimes, I know especially in this day and age love has almost become 'fashion' like alot of people think they love someone and marry them, after those fist couple of years of goo-gaa'ing one another they realize that the love fades and sadly head towards divorce...

[Please forgive me if i sound like a buddhi auntie]

but alot of people opt out of arranged marriages because they think that they will never love the person the same way as falling in love with them before marriage...I think this thinking is a bit askewed and that arranged marriages are made by our parents who probably have more knowledge in life and would choose the best for us

I am not bashing love marriages but i feel some people totally exploit the true values of arranged marriages and take it upon the "old thinking" rather than accepting that they actually do work most times!
AreYaar thumbnail
I don't think love after marriage is more of a compromise.

Even if it's a love marriage, I think the couple still has to go through some sort of adjustment period post marriage, where they get to experience different shades of love even if they already were in love before marriage.

For an arranged marriage couple, I think it's all a new beginning.....so the love grows slowly...from scratch....

As the famous Mr. Suri said in RNBDJ,

Haule Haule se hawaa lagti hai
Haule Haule se dawaa lagti hai
Haule Haule se dua lagti hai

Haule Haule chanda badhta hai
Haule Haule ghoonghat uthta hai
Haule Haule se nasha badhta hai

LOL

Not that I'm any sort of expert in this department either....haha....but it will surely be interesting to see how love after an arranged marriage is presented in this show.

PrInCeZz07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yh a great question
with even greater answers
i agree with you guys
when it is going to be an arranged marriage gradually as they live with each other they'll get to know each other better and slowly slow they'll fall in love and it will be different if they fall in love after marriage
going to be interesting