Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: farislove

Rajeev's debut film ''Aamir'' is the film of the week in bollywood forum.......Plz, do comment there, in the link below: 

zee dear no thankoo for the link.. i'll surely comment on the link soon....😊
Devotion. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
reserved**

edited**

congrats on the new fc.............great work summi dee........πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by kuhu98pihu - 15 years ago
goodkashish thumbnail

hi Summi...............first u dont have to thank me but i have to thank u to make my creation to a such beautiful place in ur work..........as usual the front page was awesome...............the detail shows me that how much u paid attention......it is just brillient...........and now come to VM.......i just love it.........it was awesome perfact .........it could be better than that.........i watches 7 times in a row bcoz that was so good.............keep it up.......and i always say that u r too good when it comes to friends.....but u r the best when it comes to RA....u rock ...............

love
kashish
Edited by goodkashish - 15 years ago
r@m$h@ thumbnail

Heeeeyyyy Guyssssssssssssssssss..............

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

congrats for our new RA home. u did a great job summi.

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Seher, the pic u posted is invisible, try to upload it on tinypic.com then it will appears INSHALLAH when u post it! 😳

Hi friends,

A new article, where Rajeev and his debut film ''Aamir'' are mentioned! 😳

Faces 2008: A look at the talents who took their first step in Bollywood this year 

By Subhash K. Jha, December 30, 2008 - 12:21 IST

2008 was a year of great variety among debutants. Two of the brightest female faces of 2008, Asin and Anushka Sharma came within two weeks of each other. If Asin in Ghajini was an expressions ki dukaan, Anushka Sharma in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was far more controlled and reined -in. This model from Bangalore was in no hurry to let us know all the tricks of her trade in one go. Aram se was Anushka. Asin was a storehouse of expressions, a Sridevi on steroids.

And a month earlier we had Mugdha Godse, yet another new feminine flavour for 2008 who made a blasting impact. Bold and uninhibited, she stood her ground in Fashion in spite of an author-backed part for Priyanka Chopra.

A fourth fabulous female debutante came earlier during the year. Prachi Desai with her sweet and tender big-screen debut in Rock On proved television stars do shine in cinema. The myth that television actors falter and fall while making that transition (look at poor Amarr Upadhyay, he is back on television after trying everything on the big screen from horror to Bhojpuri) was broken twice over in 2008. Not just Prachi. But also Rajeev Khandelwal who made a powerful debut in Aamir along with director Rajkumar Gupta who emblazoned his name with a tale of terrorism that traveled the tormented streets of Mumbai in scampering motions.

If Aamir gave us a camera-worthy director in Rajkumar Gupta, two other directors dabbling in terrorism - Nishikant Kamat in Mumbai Meri Jaan and Neeraj Pandey in A Wednesday - came out with flying colours.

Indeed 2008 was the year of demoniacal directorial impact. Abhishek Kapoor who had once acted in a film titled Uff Yeh Mohabbat with his then-girlfriend Twinkle Kapadia in the lead was resurrected as the man behind Rock On. For all practical purposes this was Abhishek's beginning as a director and what a debut!

Ditto Munnabhai writer turned director Abbas Tyrewala, who shone in meteoric motions in the inspiring company of his debut making hero Imran Khan in Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na.

The debutant directors who came during the earlier part of the year like Vijay Krishna Acharya (Tashan), Jaideep Sen (Krazzy 4) and Vivek Sharma (Bhoothnath) couldn't live up to the hype created around their debut.

But actor Imran Khan did. He was hands-down the male discovery of the year. Sassy, spontaneous, practical and sensible, Imran's freshness of approach to acting was contagious. The nation contracted the Imran virus. Harman Baweja who made his debut on the same day as Imran was far filmier. Like Asin, he knows it all. And doesn't hide it.

Farhan Akhtar the first super-director to make his super-debut as a leading man was a revelation in Rock On. Subtle and skilful in portraying a man who has clamped shut his dreams, Farhan made us thankful for the concept of multi-tasking which allowed him casual leeway to switch from one side of the camera to the other. Rock On also gave us a significant female talent in Shahana Goswami who sort of negated the advantage she gained in her debut with a turnip called Ru BaRu.

Earlier during the year there were some not-so-significant male debutants, like Nikhil Dwivedi at the beginning of the year in My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves. If Imran had Aamir's backing, Nikhil had the label of being Shah Rukh's protege.

Rajneesh Duggal and Adah Sharma made a joint effort at stardom in Vikram Bhatt's 1920 which did more for the sales of Hanuman Chalisa than for the newcomers.

Neha Uberoi and Sikandar Kher in Woodstock Villa and Nakuul Mehta-Amita Mangat-Adhyayan Suman in Haal-E-Dil came and went faster than we could remember their names. Mithun's son Mimoh Chakraborty made a disastrous debut too.

But Sonal Chauhan in Jannat and Aditi Sharma in Black & White managed to scrape through the finish line in a well-written role that was badly played.

All the really promising new talent of the year came in the second-half of the year. Maybe it was meant to be. Maybe it was planned. Because all the popular awards generally go to films and actors in the second -half.

Link:

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
Hi friends,

Here is a Slide Show, I am only posting the part about Rajeev and his film! 😳

Best Debuts, 2008

A scene from Aamir, Rajeev Khandelwal

The year 2008 has witnessed a large number of newcomers in the Hindi film industry. While most of them are actors/ actresses -- almost 28 of them -- there have been many new directors, singers, music composers and technical crew as well.
Ronjita Kulkarni takes a look at the fresh faces, who have shone the brightest. Cast and crew of Aamir The relatively small-budgeted film Aamir deserves a standing ovation for creating brilliance on screen with mostly new hands on board. The film's main players were all newcomers -- from the director, Rajkumar Gupta, to music director Amit Trivedi to cinematographer Alphonso Roy to lead actor Rajeev Khandelwal.
The film traced a day in Aamir's life, which started like any other in his unassuming life, and would have stayed that way, if not for a little change -- his family had been kidnapped by a terrorist group, and if Aamir wanted them alive, he would have to blow up a crowded bus.
Gupta, with Roy's help, created a Mumbai we had never seen before. The film was shot in real places in Mumbai. As Roy admits, it was quite a challenge to shoot in a dilapidated chawl, and its reeking public toilet, a slaughter house and the small bylanes of Mumbai.

Amit provided some great music, while Rajeev put in a superb performance.

Link:

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago

Originally posted by: farislove

Seher, the pic u posted is invisible, try to upload it on tinypic.com then it will appears INSHALLAH when u post it! 😳

thanks zee i'll try it😳