SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago

Hi

Welcome to the FILM OF THE WEEK thread. Each week we can discuss older (well ones not been released in the last few weeks) movies here.

You can discuss anything from chemistry of the actors to the stories.

Rules:

No bashing each other other or actors.
Keep on topic(basically just on movies no personal life of actors)
Any kind of bashing is not allowed
If you do not like the movie you are free to say but in a appropiate way no ' its a c**p movie

FILM OF THE WEEK:

''Aamir''

Banner: UTV Spot Boy's

Release Date: June 6, 2008

Language: Hindi

Genre: Social (Psycho Thriller)

Producer: Anurag Kashyap, Deven Khote, Ronnie Screwvala, Zarina Mehta

Director: Rajkumar Gupta

Star Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal

Synopsis:

Aamir (noun): A leader (meaning)

Aamir is a man-on-the-run thriller revolving around the eponymous London-based doctor's visit to his family in India.

Geographically, Aamir's maze is set in the Muslim dominated streets and residential pockets of Old Bombay. In its lanes and crowded alleys, cheap restaurants and lodges, amongst nameless pimps and whores, run-down buildings and packed markets, Aamir is made to confront the life he has lived, the 'choices' he has made, his dreams, his loves and his immediate fears.

Through the course of a day, lost in the streets of Mumbai, the question remains - do you choose your destiny, or does destiny choose you?

Does Aamir choose to be a follower or does he rise to become a leader?

Aamir is a Muslim doctor, he has been asked to follow some unseen faces, Aamir is film with a message, it's for realitstic films fans, it would show you that not to judge all the same if any one do wrong of them.

>>>>>>>>>>>ScreenShots<<<<<<<<<<

Some questions :

1. What is your favourite scene??
2. What do you like about the story??
3. What do you think of all the characters?
4. What do you think of Rajeev's performance ?
5. What do you think was not true in the film according to the reality or was it too much?

Add anything else you wish

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nice post...be interesting to watch this not yet seen it. Rajeev is a good actor from what i have seen.
Varallikka thumbnail
hey nice to c amir being selected as the film of the week...hey zeee nice post yar....hmmm here goes ur questions

Some questions :

my fav scene is the climax scene when he smiles looking at the sky...there was a feel of victory n pride on this face that c i won..luvd tht

its msg..when the movie starts the guys keeps running heither and theither it tells you the general state of a common man who is awlays forced to do thngs against his will driven by situation...but as the movie reaches its climax...thae last scene tells you that see this is what a common man cn do when he finally decides to say enough is enough n go against the system...i lovd the mesg in the stry tht told common man is not weak
aamir:- represented a common mad who had his own doubts dilemmas and weaknesses but once determined cn change the world
gajraj:- he repersented the socitey, our society, the society in which we live, he was symbolic potrayal of the society which forces a man to do thngs against his will
bikers: they repersented our norms tht makes ppl follow thm blindly without understanding the actuall reason and outcome of their actions
jhilmil:-she represented betrayal...when you watch the movie...u'll find aamir's convo with that lady to be the first and the only soothing and relaxing part of that high paced drama...but as the movie comes to climax n u gt to no that even she betrayed him..you will realise that it symbolized the indivisual and lone existance of a humanbeing....
outstanding
5. What do you think was not true in the film according to the reality or was it too much?

Add anything else you wish

Oh, I want to watch it! Hopefully I'll do soon.
Yamakshi_rajeev thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Niiiiiiiice post......dear😃
AAMIR my fav. movie😳
i will tell my views......😊
umang-e-rajeev thumbnail

when tell amir the place of the theives...........when she say"tu acha admi lagta hai.......kya hua tere sath"this brought tears in my eyes
the was fantactic and very different.it tells abt a journey of a common man,how he fight with his detiny..........in end proves to be a leader-victorious...............it gives a beautiful message
aamir......my sweeety pie. vectom of muuslim community
gujrao.....ganja takla............sala kuta
jhilmil........dhokebaz......backstabbed aamir......bitch
he deserves standing omattion............my jaanu😳
yaa it is very much real reality .......it can happen to any on of us

Edited by umang-e-rajeev - 15 years ago
Ophelia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Some questions :

The scene when he opens the red suitcase, was full
of suspense. I thought there might be a bomb in there.

I like the fact that it's fast paced. It's like we're following Aamir
(the cinematography is very good).

Every time his cell phone rang I became attentive.

Aamir's character was very convincing the way he responded in those situations his anxiety was portrayed well. His decision at the end was admirable.

It was brilliant (though I'm not a fan of his serials). He portrayed the anxiety of Aamir's character very well. His expressions of pain seemed very natural.  

Considering terrorism is still an issue it seems like a probable story. Though I think terrorists are not so intelligent to plan Aamir's every move. I think in real life terrorists would have just forced Aamir to give them money in exchange for his family.
Edited by Megha25 - 15 years ago
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Some questions :

The climax, where he looks up at the sky,

everytime his cell rings, you get excited

Aamir's character was the most realistic

Um excellent, this guy is soo good. thank god he left dramas, they weren't good enuff to protray his awesome acting!

I have no idea really. Terrorists exist and unfortunely are part of our life
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Some questions :

The climax, the way Rajeev looked with a smile at the end, truely mind-blowing expression, the expression of the winning!.......

The message of the film, to not judge everybody same!.......

Strong performances, but the one who played negative role, he overreacted, he eats in a disgusting way, Muslims are not like this, this part I don't agree with at all.......
I think they should show the right side, not only the wrong side!. they only showed the right side through Aamir!.......

Outstanding, words are not enough to praise his performance!......

Much of the film is very realistic, something happen in real life, I only don't agree on the way the man was eating!........
Once again, I would say,
I think they should show the right side, not only the wrong side!. they only showed the right side through Aamir!.......

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
 i havnt seen it yet sorry but will soon