Biography of Karan Singh Grover

coolsawariya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

**Karan Singh Grover ** 

Biography

Born:February 23, 1982 (1982-02-23) (age 26)
India
Other name(s): Karan Singh Grover
Karan
Dr Armaan Malik
Armaan
Ammy
Years active: 2008 - present
Domestic partner(s) :Shraddha Nigam

Karan Singh Grover (born 23 February 1982) who was earlier known as Karan Singh Grover and now known as Karan Grover is an Indian Television actor and a model. The very popular small screen actor Karan Singh Grover is the latest buzz in the television circuit. He has all the teenage girls loving him for his extremely charming looks and a very pleasant personality. He started his television career with Ekta Kapoor's Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi on Mtv. Earlier he was working in the hotel industry but after the acting bug bit him he decided to make his move to the acting world. Following that he meted out a brilliant performance in Kasautii Zindagii Kay on Star Plus and Solhah Singaarr on Sahara One and CID on Sony Entertainment Television. Currently he is seen in the hugely popular youth show 'Dill Mill Gaye' ( Dil Mil Gaye or DMG ) in which he plays the role of a doctor. In fact he seems to be very charged up with the new and exciting character portrayal in a show, which is also regarded as a sequel to one of the most popular television shows 'Sanjeevani'.
The name of his character in 'Dill Mill Gaye' is that of Armaan Mallik. 22 year old Armaan represents the new age man; one who is self confident, efficient, cheeky,but yet a kind person at heart. He is also extremely handsome.He just a hot guy. His professional life is very important to him. He enjoys female company and makes no bones about the fact that he has a weakening knee effect on women. He is used to being the center of female attention and also knows how to sustain that attention when he does receive it. Armaan comes from an affluent family and has never wanted for anything materialistic ever in his life. But beneath the suave and confident exterior lies a focussed doctor, whose sole aim is to outgrow the stigma of being the son of an alcoholic anesthesiologist.He falls in love with Riddhima, pursuing her relentlessly to fall in love with him too. His life is centered around Riddhima. She makes him laugh, cry, happy, angry or sad. She evokes the most primal emotions in him unlike any other girl he's dated before.He loves her to death. Played by Karan Singh Grover.

According to him the youth will enjoy this show as it deals with the seriousness of today's youth in making their career. Karan Singh Grover also believes that the show has enough fun and spice to attract the audience. He claims that he can identify to the character in this show not only as an actor but also as a viewer. About his character in 'Solah Sringaar' he claims that his character has been currently shifted to London. About making his debut with a Balaji soap he claims that he feels extremely proud and confident and believes that he has been able to learn a lot under such professional mentors. He would also feel fortunate if again gets a chance to work with them.

About his favorite character Karan Singh Grover takes the name of the character of his recent show because he feels that he can completely relate to this character. About the popularity of his show he is extremely confident and claims that it is a fun-filled show and the audiences are going to enjoy it to the hilt. He has even planned of making his entry to Bollywood with two films 'Bhram' and 'I am 24', which are slotted for release in the near future. However he does not prefer to switch over to films completely right now. he also feels that the reality shows will be the next happening thing on television as the audiences have been completely bored of the television shows. he was also a part of the popular Zee show 'Parivaar' for sometime but had quitted the show very soon in order to devote his total time to 'Dill Mill Gaye'. He was also seen in 'Kasautii Zindagi Kay' for sometime.

Early life

Karan Singh Grover is an Indian television actor and model. He started his television career with Ekta Kapoor's Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi on MTV. He is currently playing the lead role of Dr. Armaan Mallik in the superhit show Dill Mill Gayye on Star One. He has also acted in serials like Kasautii Zindagii Kay on Star Plus and Solhah Singaarr. He is listed no.1 among the top 10 of the most handsome men of Tellywoood.

Personal life

On the personal front also Karan Singh Grover leads a very carefree life. He is dating Shraddha Nigam. He was earlier dating actress Barkha Bisht, who he was engaged to but they soon broke up.It was rumored that he is dating his Dill Mill Gayye Co-Star, Shilpa Anand, but both have denied this. Sunaina Gulia,who plays the role of Dr.Anjali Gupta in Dill Mill Gayye is his good friend. He is also known in the industry as an incorrigible flirt and he has no qualms in admitting that. He also does not have complaints about the long working hours that the actors have to go through in the television industry. He is very good in time management and is absolutely fine with the timings. An actor with such dedication and talent is sure to go a long way in the approaching times.

His roots date back to Ambala, where his father was born. He was born in Delhi and shifted to Al Khobar in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia with his family. He completed his schooling from International Indian School. He came to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. He believes in numerology and so added 'Grover' to his name. He holds a Degree in Hotel Management and prior coming to Mumbai, he worked with the Sheraton Oman in Muscat. He also revealed that he has a younger brother who is a singer.

He is dating a popular television actress Shraddha Nigam.

Shows
Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi as Arnav Deol
Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag as Ali Baba
Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Sharad Gupta
C.I.D as Rahul
Solhah Singaarr as Abhimanyu
Parrivaar as Adiraj Shergill
Dill Mill Gayye as Dr.Armaan Malik
Zara Nach Ke Dikha - Anchor

Films
Bhram
I am 24

Awards
Won the 'Most Popular Model' Award - Gladrags Manhunt Contest 2004
The 'Most Promising Actor' Award Presented by The Kalakar Awards Foundation

('*?.('*?.?.?*).?* )
??.* I luv karan *??
(.?*(.?*?'*?.)'*?. )
Favourite Punjabis:

Akshay Kumar as he is a positive man and works on his own terms, which reflects in his work.

Favourite music:
Linkin Park, Nirvana, Creed, Rishi Rich and Juggie D.

Punjabi phrase I use a lot:
Shyapa mukao, which means 'put an end to it'.

Biggest strength:
I am a positive person and believe I can achieve anything I want.

Memorable moment:
While shooting for Dill Mill Gaye, I accidentally punched Shilpa Anand, who plays Dr Riddhima, in the face! I was very embarrassed then, but on looking back, I find it funny.

My ideal woman:
is an attractive, understanding woman with a good sense of humour.

Favourite fragrance:
Euphoria from Calvin Klein.

Favourite place:
Chandigarh, because it is a clean and attractive city.
hope u like it
    plzzzzzzzzzzz comment

Edited by coolsawariya - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-simi- thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Favourite fragrance: