Sana Saeed gets ready for her exams - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Sana Saeed gets ready for her exams

Sana Saeed who plays the lead in Lo Pooja Ho Gayi Iss Ghar Ki plans to take a break from her show starting next month. The actress says she needs the time off to prepare for her final year exams.

"I have to appear for my exams in January end so I will be taking a off for ten days. Then again in March I will take a break for 15-20 days as my final exams are there. I have already informed my production house about it and they are fine with it," says Sana.

The actress says that she is not leaving the show permanently as is currently being rumoured. "I will decide what to do after my exams…whether to do my majors in advertising here in Mumbai or abroad. But right now I am not leaving the show at this moment," Sana clarifies.

Speaking about child labour laws being flouted on telly sets, Sana (who herself played Anjali in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai) feels that today's child artists are pressurized.

"It is very difficult to do a daily soap for child artist…like I still find it quite hectic to manage my studies and acting but I am doing it because it is my hobby. However it is completely dependent on the child's parents like how they are taking care of the child's education and whether the child is being given enough time to enjoy other activities also like playing with friends and everything."

"I never gave up my basket ball practice and grew up doing whatever any child is supposed to do. I used to shoot only during holidays. I will not call it a bad call from the Government to consider child artist as child labour. Shooting for 8-10 hours is not a joke and it is too much for any kid who 10-11 years old. They will enjoy this fame now and will not realize that what they are actually missing out and when they will realize it will be too late," she adds.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081217_109

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Wednesday, December 17, 2008