Ayaz khan-Year end planning-small artilce

Gayatri-Rout thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Travel on your mind?

Hotel rooms are available in a post-terror scenario, but are people making travel plans?

Get those bags packed. For places you couldn't dream of going to as a last-minute plan, are now yours for the asking. "There has been a 15 per cent to 20 per cent reduction in average room rates for hotels in Goa," says Shaun Dubash, vice-president, Travel Guru online travel portal. "Even three-star properties there are offering up to 25 per cent cash back on booking with us."

The ripples of last week's terror attack in Mumbai have been felt over several section, the travel and tourism segments, being one of them. Ashwin Damera, Founder and CEO of the company also opines that it has had a grave impact over the travel industry.

"We are seeing several cancellations for other cities as well. Several large bookings from customers from abroad, especially the US and UK, are being cancelled. The incident will affect the tourism industry quite severely for the next month or so. I am hopeful sentiment will improve and things will return to normal after that," he adds.

While a spokesman for Cox and Kings hopes that the demand will pick up during Christmas and New Year, the question is: there is the availability but are people travelling? Actor Ayaz Khan says, "This year has been busy so I planned to take a break and head to Goa for a short vacation with some close buddies. But after the tragedy that struck Mumbai, I don't think any of us are in the mood to go anywhere. I guess we'll all just get together at my place this year end."

For actor Rajniesh Duggall, his seasonal plans have been shot down too. "After the Mumbai incident, I don't feel like going partying at all. In fact, I might just visit the Golden Temple at Amritsar for the New Year," he muses.

Ketan Chanderia, marketing manager of Raj Travels and Tours, has his own take of the situation. "To be honest, Goa has seen a slump this year not just because of the terrorism in Mumbai, but due to recession. Properties were available there even a month or so prior to the attack. That was not so last year." 

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1212428

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilentLove- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx a lot for sharing it Gayatri! Lol another actor likes to go to Goa! I have to visit that place one day! I think it is really popular lol
..kashish.. thumbnail
thanks..
lolz..another dmg acotr going to GOA!
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanks...

next trip to India ... i am going straight to Goa....
never know who is vacationing there .. lollllzzz..