Posted: 18 years ago

The last group in this elimination round

Theme for the day- Songs sung by Asha and Kishore

Judges for the day- Khayyam and Kumar Sanu

Contestants for the day-

Dum- Abhijeet and Sanchali

Yalgaar- Debojit and Twinkle

Jai ho- Rajiv and Himani

Today's episode is the last in this leg and will give us the last two contestant to get entry in the final 8 agnipariksha round.

The first gharana to perform today was Dum gharana. Abhijeet is one singer with whom JL had a lot of expectations but he has been pretty inconsistent. He has been able to perform well only when given songs of his type. Sanchali, though consistent, has been hardly impressive. She has got green cards on her earlier appearances but her voice is not very remarkable.

Sanchali- The asha bhonsle number chosen for her – paan khaiye sayyan hamar from teesri kasam. I think it was a bad song selection- she does not have the flow, which this song requires. She sang it ok but sounded very mediocre, couple of sur falls as well. With tough competitors like twinkle and himani, this might not be good enough.

Abhijeet- We were shown in the training clip, abhijeet practicing a song but Lalit was not satisfied with his rendetion and changed the song. The song finally sung by abhijeet- Meri bheegi bheegi si from Anamika- a song more of his genre but a disappointing performance. The singing very flat, no soul in the song- completely unexpected mediocre performance- sur is never a problem with abhijeet and that remained so even today but the singing left me dissatisfied.

Mentors-The mentors were not very happy with both the performances.

Twinkle- Twinkle was also singing a different song- aaye mehrabaan, but ismail was not satisfied with her performance and decided to change the song. The song is an unusual one with music by illayaraja- o babuaa ye mahua from Sadma. Very good beginning, good mukhda with lot of expressions, which she is very good at. She faltered in the antara, the voice did not sound as nice as in the mukhda- in the mukhda she copied asha very well but in antara she faltered and was exposed a litlle. But ok performance.

Debojit- Debojit, who is a favorite with lot of our friend, has a good voice and singing style is like Kishore. He sang one of my fav songs- Rhimjhim gire sawan from Manzil. A good romantic song sung well by debojit, though I felt that he lacked that romantic feel of the song. But perfect in sur, good voice quality.

Mentors- Himesh said that they all have lot of expectations from Twinkle and today she exceeded that. JL or AS did mention that twinkle was good in the mukhda and faultered in the antara (lalit sang and showed) and ID said he though twinkle sang like Lalit only.

JL pointed out that debojit sounded like hemant kumar at some places.

Rajiv- Aadesh said that though rajiv is not trained, his singing has got honesty which appeals. Rajiv sang………..i am sorry but it has slipped my mind completely....i think it was Dil ne tadap ke...from anurodh. Off key in lot of places and his voice also did not sound as well as in the earlier rounds. A very mediocre singing but sang with feelings….but not impressive.

Himani- Himani again chose an unusual song and was trained by Vijeyta pandit (AS's wife). The song was aaj ki raat from Anamika, sang it really well and was almost perfect- good expressions, good voice quality and perfect sur.

Mentors- Himesh said that himani also exceeded his expectations. JL mentioned that there was some error in some word but good performance. About rajiv, they said that his voice had a soul and ID mentioned that if he got proper guidance and training this voice can really be great.

The judgement- Among the boys, debojit was told that he did not have the lachak which kishore had and should work on that (yellow card). Among abhijeet and rajiv, sanu said that rajiv's singing had more soul and hence he was the winner today. Surprising result as I thought, debojit was the best today.

Some talk by the mentors that when no body is perfect on sur then the feel should be the criteria and a right decision by the judges. (I am sure ID would have differed)

Among girs, again a surprise- Sanchali was expectedly shown yellow card. Among himani and twinkle they said that it was very close but twinkle was marginally ahead and so the green card goes to her. AD showed his dissent and JL supported him saying that when the career of the contestants are at stake, it should be a more careful decision. Khayyam shut them up saying that since they have been made the judges, the mentors should rely on them and not make their own thing. AS told Himani that she sang well and should not feel bad, sanu replied saying that when parents praise their children too much, the children get spoiled. Himani replied saying that she is not that kind of student. A small tussle.

Tomorrow we will have Himani, Sanchali, Abhijeet and debojit vying for the blue cards. My prediction- Himani and debojit will get it.

Edited by pmahesh - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pmahesh thumbnail
Do let me know if any of you remember the songs sung by himani and rajiv. Rajiv's song was, i think, one of jeetendra number.
pmahesh thumbnail
I think Khayyam and sanu were very correct in saying that the mentors should respect the judges' decision. Rajiv was a weak singer but when he got the green card on a criteria of feel (he is one of my fav singers in this show), they did not complain or say that he did not deserve it. Then why so much of noise when himani won it......it was not as if the other sang really bad.........the judges did say that it was very close.

I think AS was a little upset because he does not have a female singer in the agniparikhsha round- he already has a male singer hemachandra.
taikoo thumbnail
Debojit is any day better than Rajiv...don't understand why badluck is haunting Debu...poor guy...think he didnot get a green card in any of the rounds so far...
kishore_bhakta thumbnail
Thanks for the update, Priti!

I'm glad that they sang songs of Kishoreda. Yesterday was his 18th death annivesary and airing that episode is a good tribute to him.

I have yet to hear Debojit and Rajiv, since both are good. Debojit sings on sur, but lacks feel at times. Rajiv has a lot of feel, but can slip here and there in sur.

I'm glad Khaiyyam said something to JL and AS that the judging should be left to the judges.

Even though Kumar Sanu was right that parents shouldn't praise their child too much, I think at this level, it was more of an encouragement booster. Besides, unless Sanchali does some powerful magic in her voice tonight, Himani will be bound to win.
riddler100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: daiz

I also felt the same way. Aadesh Shrivastava should have shown some respect to the judges' decision.

I think this is more of a psychological tactic by AS. This way, he hopes that the judges will keep in mind the argument from the previous day and his contestants might benefit.

kd286 thumbnail
thanks for the update Priti....
Yorkie thumbnail
Thank you for the update Priti!! 😊
chandoba thumbnail

Originally posted by: pmahesh

Do let me know if any of you remember the songs sung by himani and rajiv. Rajiv's song was, i think, one of jeetendra number.

himani sang something like "shubu shubu " and rajeev sang " mere dil ne tadap ke phir naam tera pukara"

bigbyte thumbnail
the song sung by himani was aaj ki raat koi aane ko hai....baba re bababababa aaj ki raat....a very well knowsong...choregraphed on or bindu....from the movie anamika...starring sanjeev kumar...
Edited by bigbyte - 18 years ago