-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Here's your friend Mahi bringing you the....

Yep, it's the Discussion of the week and this time we're discussing something we all have faced when we sit down to write anything - be it a fictional story or an essay for homework.

Yep, I am talking about the Writer's Block.  Discuss anything about the Writers Block along with...

Do you face writers block often?

Have you noticed any pattern? Like when you have to write an English essay that's when you can't write or is there not pattern?

How do you tackle Writers block?

Well, have fun discussing! And I hope we'll get some great tips here! 

Mahi
Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well, it seems like I should start 😳

Alright, well, yeah I do face writers block here and there but there is not pattern.  I face it either because I have nothing to write or so many ideas that I don't know what to go with.

Usually it's so many ideas that I don't know what route to take and what should be included in the story/essay.  Usually when I sit down to write stories, I have it all planned in my end.... like the basic storyline so it's all about giving it the correct words so it could touch your heart.

When I am writing papers for school, I keep all of my research high light and go paragraph by paragraph and then I keep adding to each individual paragraphs if more information about that comes up.

The best way to deal with the writers block is turn on your music and take a few minutes break.  After you've refreshed your mind you'll be able to write better.  Also sometimes if you keep writing it helps too.  Like keep writing and forget about what your topic is. Describe your room, write something about you... If nothing else start writing down the colors of the familiar objects 😛 It should help!

-Mahi

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well, I definitely face writer's block every now and then... but the only way I can overcome it just to let it go for a few days.. I don't think about the story at all.... then inspiration usually strikes when I'm doing something completely regular like having dinner or watching TV... and then I have to stop what I'm doing abruptly and go finish off the story I'm working on! Luckily, my mom understands that very well and as long as my schoolwork is done she doesn't mind :)
Huduga thumbnail
i got writer's block now..
Edited by Huduga - 15 years ago
jassie_17 thumbnail
a very good discussion after a log time, Mahi!!!!

well i do haf writer's block most of the time...thatz because i have a lot of things going for me simultaneously,be it  my studies, my chores,my projects and so on....yeah and in addition to that, i find myself having writer's block when i feel that the ideas that i think of are not good enough or if they are quite repetitive and are not good enough, venting my frustration on those notebooks!!!Poor things....

Usually, I act out the roles of my characters and understand them before writing any further and thatz how i analyze my characters andmove ahead with my plot. I also tend to forget so many ideas so i tend to write the main ideas out on paper.....

suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I have experienced it when I was writing the first story in my life....& it was like that ..that still it is unfinished......recently I have overcome it....after a block of nearly three to four weeks.....but in this period ..I still kept thiking about the story..& the characters..tried to feel their emotions more evidently by playing the scenes alone...& also to read the dialogues with the right emotions...so that I could go ahead...& it worked instantly