Whose fault was the dice game/Pandavas' exile?

Poll

Whose fault was the dice game/Pandavas' exile?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
What do you all think?😊

For me, it was divided between Shakuni, Dhritarastra, and Duryodhana, but I think I'll go with Shakuni.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VangelisFanatic thumbnail
For me it was Shakuni's and Dhritarashtra's fault. Shakuni coz it was his idea to call the Pandavas for a game [correct me if I am wrong] and Dhritarashtra's coz he was a weak person n didn't have the guts to oppose his son's eveil schemes even after knowing that he's in the wrong path!!
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I do not understand why somebody selected "Yudhisthir."
Duryodhan, Shakuni and Dhritarashtra were responsible.
But I blame Dhritarashtra the most. He was a king. It was his duty as well as he has the power to stop something wrong from being committed. But he did not. Rather he misused his power.
muffins2waffles thumbnail

Originally posted by: akhl

I do not understand why somebody selected "Yudhisthir."

Duryodhan, Shakuni and Dhritarashtra were responsible.
But I blame Dhritarashtra the most. He was a king. It was his duty as well as he has the power to stop something wrong from being committed. But he did not. Rather he misused his power.

I agee with you!!!!!!😊
I too selected Dhritarastra b/c he had the power to stop the game before it went too far, but he iddn't.
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I was first wondering if Dhritarashtra's blindness can be considered as an excuse but then I analyzed that it cannot be.
Dhritarashtra was blind. So Duryodhan was behaving like king and taking all decisions. Dhritarashtra allowed him to do so.
But Dhritarashtra's blindness cannot be taken as an excuse. This is because Bhism Pitamah, Dronacharya, Kripacharya were indebted to Dhritarashtra and not to Duryodhan. Therefore, if Dhritarashtra had been firm that he would not do Duryodhan to continue to do wrong, then Bhism Pitamah, Dronacharya, Kripacharya would have supported Dhritarashtra. If Dronacharya had supported Dhritarashtra, then Ashwatthama (who was also a mighty warrior) would have also supported Dhritarashtra. And then Duryodhan and his brothers would not have been able to have their way.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I too think that it was Dhritrashtra's fault..He was rejoicing Pandavas loss..that they've lost their kindom to Duryodhan ...He didn't intervene when Draupadi was asked to come to the sabha and the vastra haran..obviously he had the power to stop the game once Yudhistir lost everything he had...On the top of it, he ordered Yudhistir to play another game of dice with Duryodhan....

Charu

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: akhl

I was first wondering if Dhritarashtra's blindness can be considered as an excuse but then I analyzed that it cannot be.
Dhritarashtra was blind. So Duryodhan was behaving like king and taking all decisions. Dhritarashtra allowed him to do so.
But Dhritarashtra's blindness cannot be taken as an excuse. This is because Bhism Pitamah, Dronacharya, Kripacharya were indebted to Dhritarashtra and not to Duryodhan. Therefore, if Dhritarashtra had been firm that he would not do Duryodhan to continue to do wrong, then Bhism Pitamah, Dronacharya, Kripacharya would have supported Dhritarashtra. If Dronacharya had supported Dhritarashtra, then Ashwatthama (who was also a mighty warrior) would have also supported Dhritarashtra. And then Duryodhan and his brothers would not have been able to have their way.

I too sometimes thought that Dhritarastra's blindness might have been an excuse, but you're right. He had many advisors and mighty warriors who would have supported his "good decision" also.
mohit_raja thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: godisone

What do you all think?😊

For me, it was divided between Shakuni, Dhritarastra, and Duryodhana, but I think I'll go with Shakuni.

i choose Dhrithrashtra as a no.1 responsible for pandava
no.2 is skakuni who kept poisoning duryodhan's mind
no.3 Duryodhan who wanted to win at any cost.

Dhrithrashtra was a weak king who was a puppet of duryodhan's hand.  he couldn't reject for what duryodhan wanted. if Dri knew it was wrong, he could have stopped him but he didn't.  he had desire that his son duryodhan become a king at any cost.

mohit_raja thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: godisone

yeah..including Vidur who was the most intelligent advisor. 
I too sometimes thought that Dhritarastra's blindness might have been an excuse, but you're right. He had many advisors and mighty warriors who would have supported his "good decision" also.

supermaverick thumbnail
It was Duryodhan's fault as he wanted the whole kingdom to himself. The division into Hastinapura and Indraprastha was necessary to be fair to both sides but Duryodhan wanted whole kingdom to himself to avenge his insult by stupid Draupadi. But he should have remembered that Yudhisthir was his elder brother and was affectionate towards him.