Actor Eijaz Khan on his role as a hero in MNO

Posted: 15 years ago
Road to Bollywood .........😳

NEW INNINGS Eijaz Khan in "Meerabai Not Out"

He stole many hearts as Kavya from the teleserial Kavyanjali and as Kunal from Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa. Well, the 'K' factor seems to have helped him on his road to Bollywood.

After playing many some forgettable roles in films like Kuch Na Kaho, Just Married, Zameen, Maine Dil Tujhko Diya and Takshak, he has finally bagged a major role. He is paired opposite Mandira Bedi in Meerabai Not Out – his debut film as the lead actor. Known to be a good dancer too, he is eagerly waiting for the film's release. Here is an excerpt from an interview.

What does the film Meerabai Not Out deal with?

Meera Bai Not Out is a sweet love story with cricket flavour. It's the story of Meerabai, a girl who is quite fond of cricket. She is in love with Anil Kumble. Meerabai, whose role is played by Mandira Bedi, is a maths teacher in a school. Students like to attend her classes and get good marks in her subject. She teaches Maths on the pattern of cricket. She prepares her own cricket team of 13 players in the school. In the film, our characters meet each other and fall in love.

How did this movie come to you?

Chandrakant Kulkarni Ji, who is the director of the film saw me while shooting for a serial and offered me the film. The film boasts actors like Anupam Kher and Mahesh Manjrekar and it's a matter of pride that I am getting to work with such stalwarts. I got a chance to work under the big banner of Pritish Nandy Communication (PNC).

How was the experience of working with Anupam Kher and Mahesh Manjrekar?

They have given me a lot of love. They helped me a lot which made things easier for me.

From small screen to celluloid, how are you handling the change?

Technically, I will excel and continue on the creative front. It's a good time for me. My career has turned to the big screen. The day I am satisfied as an actor, I will die.

What are your plans?

I am doing a film called Bhavra with Dharmesh Darshan which stars Sangeeta Ghosh, Manav Gohil and Shweta Salve and another film with PNC..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Barbie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

cant wait for MNO

thanx jaanu