Is it hard to say I Love You to People we love?

Posted: 15 years ago
Hi Friends,

Well we were having a discussion about our favorite lines/quotes from books and I posted mine and then I thought of having a discussion about this... I'll post a  small passage first... There's a grandma here who's writing to her grandson about how she couldn't ever tell her sister how much she loved her.... It's a night before she lost her sister in Dresden bombing...

"I thought about waking her.
But it was unnecessary.
There would be other nights.
And how can you say I love you to someone you love?
I rolled onto my side and fell asleep next to her.
Here is the point of everything I have been trying to tell you, Oskar.
It's always necessary."

So I want to ask you is it really hard to say I Love You to People we love?  I am not talking about romantic relationships here where people can exchange roses and say "I love you" a thousand times over.

I am talking about all the other relationships... How many times do we tell our parents we love them? Do we ever tell them what our life would be like without them?  How many times do we tell our sibblings that although we fight with them all the time, we love them dearly?

Not many times, right? Why do we always think it's unnecessary after all they'll be with us forever... but unfortunately they won't be and then it might be too late to say these simple words....

-Mahi
Yeps that a good point but i guess thats how life is all about... Like for parents and siblings we don't tell them we love them or express our love to them because they know we love them. You have like a blood relationship with them, we often take them for granted because we know they will always be here for us and this is how life is.

But in romantic relationship like BF, we tell them 'I Love You' everyday because thats how it is, its like u meet them later in life, ur the one who is forming the relationship and must keep it alive till the end because there is no familial bond that bind them, it all depend on love.

Whereas for family, parents and sibling, u have a bond with them.. Like for example ur parents does not tell u I love u everyday, and it does not really matter because u know that they love u and they don't have to say that, there action prove it whereas id ur BF/GF does not say I love u one day then it mean he/she does not love u.. Well i guess thats how love is.. U can never actually explain it..
^^^ I truly agree about that.  In love relationships we are forming new relationsihps and that's when we are in dire need of saying "I love you" all the time.

But I have also noticed how miserable people are when they are not able to say this to their blood relations and then they lose them... They just regret the fact that they could've said I love you to them.

Now of course, our parents know we love them.  Of course our siblings know with love them.  Love is not all about saying, many times you can just feel it too like when you do the dishes so mom can relax for a while or when you let your brother watch sports even if you hate them.  These are smalls things but they say  a lot!

But my point is that does it really take that long to say "I love you" once in a while? It really doesn't... Why can't we say I love you just once in a while.. so when they won't be with us we can rest our heart and say they know!

-Mahi

If i go to my mom and dad and say... 'mom & dad I love you', they will say, 'honey why r u buttering us, what is it u want'... lol

The thing is not that u can't say it, it is just that ur not used to say it so sometimes it feels awkward...
^ Well, true but sometimes when you say it, they'll know you're really serious and saying it from the bottom of your heart.

-Mahi

well u know what its really tough to say i love u to our dear ones: our parents & siblings..whenever i see in films big ppl hugging their parents i feel can i do it..see i hug my mum everyday..n shez like u r a big gal..what r u doing..u gonna b in university n behaving like a kid..n all dat but i love my dad sooooo much but i cant go n say i luv u..itz because if i do this he'll say kya chaiye n we r basically nt used to expressing feelings like this..i remember i juz go n ask fr blessings b4 xams ..n dats it n i try to say i love them many times but i fail..so its reaalyy tough n same as fr my brother..i juz scolded him as he used my pc n deleted my songs..😡but i really luv him bt cant say this..i scold him coz i want him to b the best ..i love them but its tough to xpress our feelings to them but all i can do is to pray fr them to God😃
^^^ Aww.. that's really sweet of you!

See it's actually really opposite for me.  My mom hugs me all the time too and so do I.. I just feel so protected when I hug her!. But I still don't say I love you that often that I think  I should.  I mean I do say I love you to my mom on her birthday, or on mother's day.... but never as usual as I'd like to say it. 

-Mahi

mahi..m actually closer to my mum..like twice a week i make an xcuse n say mum plzzz feed me wid ur hands..n mum does it n i luvvv itt...n whenever m sad she can und by seeing in my eyes n i always hug her..but i really wish i cud do the same wid dad..i luv him n i knw he luvs me da most but i dnt knw why i cant xpress to him..may b bcause we rnt dat much used to it..but i luv them sooo much!!
yur makiinng me saddd.. =[ looll..
n ye i think it's harrdd.. iuno just my POV
Originally posted by animerocks

yur makiinng me saddd.. =[ looll..
n ye i think it's harrdd.. iuno just my POV

Aww... I am sorry, I hope your not sad anymore... 😳

-Mahi