Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Feroz Khan hospitalised

The indefatigable Feroz Khan always known for being the epitome of style has been unwell for some time now. According to sources, a few days ago he was even hospitalised and he has been undergoing treatment to get better.

It may be recalled that Feroz had refused to play Sir Juda in the Himesh Reshammiya starrer Karzzzz citing health problems to producer Bhushan Kumar. Even his ambitious plan to remake the hit film Qurbani failed to take off due to his ill health.

However, Feroz Khan's son Fardeen's personal assistant Tiwari, said, "I met him (Feroz) on Monday morning and we chatted for nearly one-and-a-half hour. I did not find anything amiss."

We then contacted Feroz Khan's younger brother Akbar Khan. Akbar said, "Currently, I am out of the country and will be back in India on November 6. I had dinner with Feroz bhai just before I left. Nothing has happened to him. He is absolutely fine. These are all rumours."

But a visit to the Hinduja Hospital on Monday revealed that FK (as Feroz Khan is fondly called) was admitted to the hospital last week and was discharged on Sunday morning. We also learnt from the hospital staff that he was being treated by Dr Basant Mishra, Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at Hinduja Hospital, Mahim. He was admitted to room no. 1501 (a VIP room) in the hospital.

According to a source from the industry, Fardeen was in Hinduja hospital beside his ailing father, every day. "Everyone in Feroz saab's family is quite concerned about his health. We all are hoping that he recovers soon," said the source.

Dr. Basant Mishra on his part was rather irate, "Who told you this? I do not like this. Why are you asking me all this? It's unethical to talk about it. I cannot talk about anybody as it would be illegal."

We then asked Dr Mishra whether he has been treating Feroz Khan. To this Dr Mishra said, "I cannot comment on this."

While not much is being said about Feroz Khan's ill health, we do hope that he recovers soon. We miss him and his flamboyance.