RamanandSagar'sShriKrishnaFanClub:PICS(NEW 114-17)(Page 90)

Posted: 2009-09-12T08:02:29Z
Originally posted by lola610

hi guys....

@ Aradhana... Hi! Hows it going dear! Since we were on the topic of other mythos that had potential, I meant to ask you if you've ever seen Vishwamitra from the mid-'90s? I've heard of it and read about it, and know it has a lot of the same actors as the "Holy Trinity" of RSR, RSSK, and BRC MB, but never seen it... have you and if so would you recommend? and totally agree that reshma and shweta had that divine look (and sound) going for them as Radharani, which kritika currently lacks but I personally think since she has the bholi-bhali look down she might be fixable.

and with regard to the general convo abt messy hair, I've observed that RS used it to communicate several diff feelings like the one you get when you're kicked down a flight of stairs and out of your country (Vibhishan), when ur flailing around in fear and anxiety (Kans fearing Vishnu and then YogMaya), when you're lost in longing for someone you love (Radha, Yashoda, Devaki-Vasudev)... he was very detail oriented when it came to conveying stuff thru makeup n costume changes, sets, and even positioning of the characters/props in each scene - will hopefully get to discuss these in subsequent posts cuz this one's already epic length... sorry Embarrassed

Am fine Lola..how are ur studies?Embarrassed

Yes I have Vishwamitra on VHS.
Actually there are many south actors in it. Like Bhanupriya, Shantipriya and Chakrapani.
About mytho actors the main lead is played by Shri Mukesh Khanna.Big smile
Arun Govil is also in it as Raja Harischandra. I cannot find anything on net about it so cant post videos.
I hope someone will upload parts.
Also Janak of Ramayan is in Vishwamitra.
Actually I watched this serial for Mr. Mukesh Khanna who does not dissappoint at all.
The director is a famous tamil director I heard. But I will look it up.
Bhanupriya is Menaka. She dances exceptionally well.
The other actors I dont know well. Last but not least our Kripacharya from MB is in Vishwamitra as NaradBig smile.

Its a short serial but very well made.
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T09:34:58Z
Thanks for the info Aradhana.Smile I'll try to find the serial online and take some pics.
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T09:48:11Z
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks for the info Aradhana.Smile I'll try to find the serial online and take some pics.
UR welcome..I am also still lookingLOL
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T10:18:34Z
Originally posted by aalochak

Hi! In an earlier discussion about repeat casting in the RS classics, I mentioned Shabri and the poor fruit seller in Shri Krishna being played by the same actress. Also, we know Vilas Raj and his wife Kshama Raj played Mr. and Mrs. Lavanasur, then Mr. and Mrs. Kans. And of course, Sulakshani Khatri was Mandvi in Ramayan, then Rohini in Shri Krishna (she can be spotted in almost every Sagar production, even the recent ones like Saibaba). Above all, Swapnil Joshi was Kush and then Krishna himself. Other similar observations:

The actor who played Shri Ram's devotee and friend Nishaad Raj Guha (anyone else think he looks a lot like Sunil Dutt btw?) had a small role as NandBaba's brother in Shri Krishna, see:
Nishaad Raj:

Upnand:

And here's a really random but wow-the-wonders-of-makeup one: Sulakshana Khatri / Mandvi / Rohini also did a small role as the maid who informs Ugrasen that Kans just brutally murdered his nephew. She looks verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy different, see:
As Rohini:

As the Maidservant:

If you guys have made any similar random observations please share!

Great post there...... I love this sort of trivia!

I think the guy that plays Nand Baba, also plays Shursen, and later plays the role of Kalyavan.
And, I suspect Ugrasen is also Lord Shiva of early SK and RSR.

Sowi didnt have time to cap & post the "evidence" but will do so wen i get the chance....

thanks for liking Embarrassed def looking fwd to your evidence; I agree abt Shivji as Ugrasen, but not so sure abt the NandBaba connections. I had posted some pics of him and other Shri Krishna ppl in RS's Alif Laila, will give the link again when I find them... and regarding Shursen - he, Dara "Hanuman" Singh, Maharishi Garg, and Bramhaji in Lav Kush and early SK have the same voice LOL
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T10:20:53Z
Originally posted by sita11

wow !! i am loving the pic of young yashodaji Tongue

the actress sulakshana is really very nice TongueBig smile
thanks for the pics of swapnil & shweta too !!Tongue
they indeed a very cute pair EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

thx for liking dear
Embarrassed... u should def watch the scene from which the pics came; link is on the same pg.... very divine RadheShyam scene, you'll love it!
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T10:32:07Z
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Wow, thanks a lot for the Devaki Vasudev pics, Lollikins!Hug They're great stuff for making siggies, and there's so many to choose from too!Big smile Aww, am glad you were inspired by my Vidai pics.Embarrassed You're our storehouse of Devaki Vasudev pics! And you're right, their expressions were so flawless and made you love their characters even more!Tongue

Did you get to see the 30 Sita Haran pics I posted in FC 2 a long time ago? You can find which page they are on in the index.Embarrassed

Ur soooo welcome Lallikins, glad you liked them! Hug Quality's a little weak, but still look fwd to some heartrending siggies from them!! Lol I wasn't a storehouse of any pics till you introduced me to screencap software, so thx for that Embarrassed Yep, I saw both the Sita Haran and and Vidaai pic-series you did, loved them, and figured we need more teary-scene pics both here and there to show off everybody's acting skillz LOL Like Bharat Milaap and tortured Dashrath pics at the RFC maybe? and I'll def do more of these two for here, cuz I really think they were amazingly realistic and talented - wish we could say the same for the ones in JSK Confused
Edited by lola610 - 2009-09-12T10:36:49Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T10:38:20Z
Originally posted by Aradhana87

hi guys....

@ Aradhana... Hi! Hows it going dear! Since we were on the topic of other mythos that had potential, I meant to ask you if you've ever seen Vishwamitra from the mid-'90s? I've heard of it and read about it, and know it has a lot of the same actors as the "Holy Trinity" of RSR, RSSK, and BRC MB, but never seen it... have you and if so would you recommend? and totally agree that reshma and shweta had that divine look (and sound) going for them as Radharani, which kritika currently lacks but I personally think since she has the bholi-bhali look down she might be fixable.

and with regard to the general convo abt messy hair, I've observed that RS used it to communicate several diff feelings like the one you get when you're kicked down a flight of stairs and out of your country (Vibhishan), when ur flailing around in fear and anxiety (Kans fearing Vishnu and then YogMaya), when you're lost in longing for someone you love (Radha, Yashoda, Devaki-Vasudev)... he was very detail oriented when it came to conveying stuff thru makeup n costume changes, sets, and even positioning of the characters/props in each scene - will hopefully get to discuss these in subsequent posts cuz this one's already epic length... sorry Embarrassed

Actually there are many south actors in it. Like Bhanupriya, Shantipriya and Chakrapani.
Arun Govil is also in it as Raja Harischandra. I cannot find anything on net about it so cant post videos.
Actually I watched this serial for Mr. Mukesh Khanna who does not dissappoint at all.
The other actors I dont know well. Last but not least our Kripacharya from MB is in Vishwamitra as NaradBig smile.

Schools going well, thanks, except now I spend too much time here on IF LOL
Great now I want to watch Vishwamitra even more... esp since you mentioned great dance sequences!! even I can't find any vids but will rent them if I must, it sounds awesome. Thx for all the info Hug
Edited by lola610 - 2009-09-12T10:43:11Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-12T11:02:26Z

Originally posted by Aradhana87

hi guys....

Schools going well, thanks, except now I spend too much time here on IF LOL
Great now I want to watch Vishwamitra even more... esp since you mentioned great dance sequences!! even I can't find any vids but will rent them if I must, it sounds awesome. Thx for all the info Hug
UR welcome...I will try to click pix with my cell..so they will be low quality ofcourse but u can kinda see how its madeBig smile
Its being sold on sites as nehafix but I wl try to look for it at other places.
0 Likes this