Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks for the lovely vids, Loli! The Yashoda Kanha song is so melodious and reminds me of the scene in Ramayan when Kaushalya Ma wakes up little Ram with her 'Jago' song.πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

And the Narad Krishna discourse is so divine and meaningful! Thanks a loooot for these precious vids Loli!πŸ€—
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks for the lovely vids, Loli! The Yashoda Kanha song is so melodious and reminds me of the scene in Ramayan when Kaushalya Ma wakes up little Ram with her 'Jago' song.πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

And the Narad Krishna discourse is so divine and meaningful! Thanks a loooot for these precious vids Loli!πŸ€—

Most welcome honeybunch πŸ€— Random observation - it's the same blanket from the Kaushalya Ram song πŸ˜† And this vid is a before-the-epi music vid, in a little while I'll add a somg from within the epi on the same then, from the 10-12 yr old Kanha phase that's been deleted from the dvds. That's the same "Lalna Jaago" that Kaushalya sang, but with Krishna and Gokul in the lyrics instead of Ram and Avadh. You'll like, I promise πŸ˜ƒ

Till then here's another beautiful deleted song/scene from SK... the song describes how the Lord's presence in Devaki's womb has turned a dreary dungeon into an enchanted forest - esp since the Devtas have just finished doing the Grabh Stuti, so it's filled with floweres. The scene that follows is one of my favs, here's my attempt at the kind of diaogue summary you like:
- (Devaki) Wake up and smell the flowers honey!

-(Vasudev) Flowers? Omg you're not kidding!
Guess the savior's here!
-(Devaki) Yep, no reason to be scared anymore.
-(mean guard) Who brought you these?
-(Devaki) You tell me, you have the keys πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And watch for her sly little move at the end, no wonder her baby turns out to be the butter thief πŸ˜‰
But seriously speaking, I love this part cuz it means so much, it tells us so creatively and cutely how faith gives you courage... and it's inspired tons of authors who've written about Krishna's early life - for example, I read bestselling Hindi author Narendra Kohli's Vasudev, written in 2007, which expands on this scene that came straight out of RS's divine imagination - even SK had huge cultural impact, apparently!

Here it is, hope you like it too!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRn61u7X4z0[/YOUTUBE]
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Wow, thanks a lot for this vid Loli! It's really soooooo good, and I thoroughly enjoyed your dialogue summary!πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

And Devaki Ma look sooo cute and pretty in this scene, and I loved the part where she hid the flower!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Wow, it's so cool that so many authors were inspired by RS!πŸ˜ƒ It's like RS created his own divine version of our scriptures and people treat them like that: scriptures and not serials.πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Wow, thanks a lot for this vid Loli! It's really soooooo good, and I thoroughly enjoyed your dialogue summary!πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

And Devaki Ma look sooo cute and pretty in this scene, and I loved the part where she hid the flower!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Wow, it's so cool that so many authors were inspired by RS!πŸ˜ƒ It's like RS created his own divine version of our scriptures and people treat them like that: scriptures and not serials.πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

Awww thanks for liking Lali, both the vid and my specially-for-Lallikins summary πŸ€—She does look really cute in this part, all innocent and sweet... that's why her back-talk for the rude guard and the flower-hiding are even funnier and awesom-er; you don't expect it πŸ˜†

And yea, like I keep saying when one's imagination comes up with such divine and creative stuff, it's as venerable as
the works of the medieval poet saints... which IMO, RS's work is!

_rajnish_ thumbnail
Update:Magic of Sri Krishna Flute

O my Lord,Sri Krishna, son of Vasudeva, O all-pervading Personality of Godhead, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. I meditate upon Lord Sri Krishna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes. He is directly and indirectly conscious of all manifestations, and He is independent because there is no other cause beyond Him. It is He only who first imparted the Vedic knowledge unto the heart of Brahmaji. the original living being. By Him even the great sages and demigods are placed into illusion, as one is bewildered by the illusory representations of water seen in fire, or land seen on water. Only because of Him do the material universes, temporarily manifested by the reactions of the three modes of nature, appear factual, although they are unreal. I therefore meditate upon Him, Lord Sri Krishna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth.                                                                    ( Bhagwatam 1.1.1)

The lakes, rivers and hills of Vrindavana resounded with the sounds of maddened bees and flocks of birds moving about the flowering trees. In the company of the cowherd boys and Balarama Madhupati (Sri krishna) entered that forest, and while herding the cows He began to vibrate His flute.When the young ladies in the cowherd village of Viraja heard the song of Krishna's flute, which arouses the influence of Cupid, some of them privately began describing Krishna's qualities to their intimate friends.The cowherd girls began to speak about Krishna, but when they remembered His activities, their minds, and thus they could not speak.Wearing a peacock-feather ornament upon His head, blue Karnika flowers on His ears, a yellow garment as brilliant as gold garland, Lord Krishna exhibited His transcendental form as the greatest of dancers as He entered the forest of Vrindavana, beautifying it with the marks of His footprints.

He filled the holes of His flute with the nectar of His lips, and the cowherd boys sang His glories.Wearing a peacock-feather ornament upon His head, blue Karnikara flowers on His ears, a yellow garment as brilliant as gold, and the Vayjaianfy garland, Lord Krishna exhibited His transcendental form as the greatest of dancers as He entered the forest of Vrindavana, beautifying it with the marks of His footprints. He filled the holes of His flute with the nectar of His lips, and the cowherd  boys sang His glories.The cowherd  girls said: O friends, those eyes that see the beautiful faces of the sons of Nanda  are certainly fortunate.

As these two sons enter the forest, surrounded by Their friends, driving the cows before Them, They hold Their flutes to Their mouths and glance lovingly upon the residents of Vrindavana For those who have eyes, we think there is no greater object of vision.Dressed in a charming variety of garments, upon which Their garlands rest, and decorating Themselves with peacock feathers, lotuses, lilies, newly grown mango sprouts and clusters of flower buds, Krishna and Balrama shine forth magnificently among the assembly of cowherd boys. They look just like the best of dancers appearing on a dramatic stage, and sometimes They sing.My dear gopis, what auspicious activities must the flute have performed to enjoy the nectar of Krishna's lips independently and leave only a taste for us gopis, for whom that nectar is actually meant! The forefathers of the flute, the bamboo trees, shed tears of pleasure. His mother, the river on whose bank the bamboo was born, feels jubilation, and therefore her blooming lotus flowers are standing like hair on her body.

O friend, Vrindavana is spreading the glory of the earth, having obtained the treasure of the lotus feet of Krishna, the son of Devaki. The peacocks dance madly when they hear Govinda's flute, and when other creatures see them from the hilltops, they all become stunned.Blessed are all these foolish deer because they have approached Nanda's son, who is gorgeously dressed and is playing on His flute. Indeed, both the doe and the bucks worship the Lord with looks of love and affection .Krishna's beauty and character create a festival for all women. Indeed, when the demigods' wives flying in airplanes with their husbands catch sight of Him and hear His resonant flute-song, their hearts are shaken by Cupid, and they become so bewildered that the flowers fall out of their hair and their belts loosen.

Using their upraised ears as vessels, the cows are drinking the nectar of the flute-song flowing out of Krishna's mouth. The calves, their mouths full of milk from their mothers' moist nipples, stand still as they take Govinda  within themselves through their tear-filled eyes and embrace Him within their hearts. O mother, in this forest all the birds have risen onto the beautiful branches of the trees to see Krishna. With closed eyes they are simply listening in silence to the sweet vibrations of His flute, and they are not attracted by any other sound. Surely these birds are on the same level as great sages.When the rivers hear the flute-song of Krishna, their minds begin to desire Him, and thus the flow of their currents is broken and their waters are agitated, moving around in whirlpools. Then with the arms of their waves the rivers embrace Muraru's lotus feet and, holding on to them, present offerings of lotus flowers.In the company of Balrama's and the cowherd boys, Lord Krishna is continually vibrating His flute as He herds all the animals of Vrajas, even under the full heat of the summer sun. Seeing this, the cloud in the sky has expanded himself out of love. He is rising high and constructing out of his own body, with its multitude of flower-like droplets of water, an umbrella for the sake of his friend.

Edited by Rajnish_Kumar - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

Awww thanks for liking Lali, both the vid and my specially-for-Lallikins summary πŸ€—She does look really cute in this part, all innocent and sweet... that's why her back-talk for the rude guard and the flower-hiding are even funnier and awesom-er; you don't expect it πŸ˜†

And yea, like I keep saying when one's imagination comes up with such divine and creative stuff, it's as venerable as
the works of the medieval poet saints... which IMO, RS's work is!

You're welcome.πŸ˜ƒ We should get an avi made of that "hiding the flower" scene.πŸ˜† It would be such a cute scene. I wonder how the guards managed to get rid of all those flowers? Must have been a big pain in the butt.πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

I totally agree about RS's scenes being without doubt so divine.πŸ˜ƒ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rajnish_Kumar

Update:Magic of Sri Krishna Flute

O my Lord,Sri Krishna, son of Vasudeva, O all-pervading Personality of Godhead, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. I meditate upon Lord Sri Krishna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes. He is directly and indirectly conscious of all manifestations, and He is independent because there is no other cause beyond Him. It is He only who first imparted the Vedic knowledge unto the heart of Brahmaji. the original living being. By Him even the great sages and demigods are placed into illusion, as one is bewildered by the illusory representations of water seen in fire, or land seen on water. Only because of Him do the material universes, temporarily manifested by the reactions of the three modes of nature, appear factual, although they are unreal. I therefore meditate upon Him, Lord Sri Krishna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth.                                                                    ( Bhagwatam 1.1.1)

The lakes, rivers and hills of Vrindavana resounded with the sounds of maddened bees and flocks of birds moving about the flowering trees. In the company of the cowherd boys and Balarama Madhupati (Sri krishna) entered that forest, and while herding the cows He began to vibrate His flute.When the young ladies in the cowherd village of Viraja heard the song of Krishna's flute, which arouses the influence of Cupid, some of them privately began describing Krishna's qualities to their intimate friends.The cowherd girls began to speak about Krishna, but when they remembered His activities, their minds, and thus they could not speak.Wearing a peacock-feather ornament upon His head, blue Karnika flowers on His ears, a yellow garment as brilliant as gold garland, Lord Krishna exhibited His transcendental form as the greatest of dancers as He entered the forest of Vrindavana, beautifying it with the marks of His footprints.

He filled the holes of His flute with the nectar of His lips, and the cowherd boys sang His glories.Wearing a peacock-feather ornament upon His head, blue Karnikara flowers on His ears, a yellow garment as brilliant as gold, and the Vayjaianfy garland, Lord Krishna exhibited His transcendental form as the greatest of dancers as He entered the forest of Vrindavana, beautifying it with the marks of His footprints. He filled the holes of His flute with the nectar of His lips, and the cowherd  boys sang His glories.The cowherd  girls said: O friends, those eyes that see the beautiful faces of the sons of Nanda  are certainly fortunate.

As these two sons enter the forest, surrounded by Their friends, driving the cows before Them, They hold Their flutes to Their mouths and glance lovingly upon the residents of Vrindavana For those who have eyes, we think there is no greater object of vision.Dressed in a charming variety of garments, upon which Their garlands rest, and decorating Themselves with peacock feathers, lotuses, lilies, newly grown mango sprouts and clusters of flower buds, Krishna and Balrama shine forth magnificently among the assembly of cowherd boys. They look just like the best of dancers appearing on a dramatic stage, and sometimes They sing.My dear gopis, what auspicious activities must the flute have performed to enjoy the nectar of Krishna's lips independently and leave only a taste for us gopis, for whom that nectar is actually meant! The forefathers of the flute, the bamboo trees, shed tears of pleasure. His mother, the river on whose bank the bamboo was born, feels jubilation, and therefore her blooming lotus flowers are standing like hair on her body.

O friend, Vrindavana is spreading the glory of the earth, having obtained the treasure of the lotus feet of Krishna, the son of Devaki. The peacocks dance madly when they hear Govinda's flute, and when other creatures see them from the hilltops, they all become stunned.Blessed are all these foolish deer because they have approached Nanda's son, who is gorgeously dressed and is playing on His flute. Indeed, both the doe and the bucks worship the Lord with looks of love and affection .Krishna's beauty and character create a festival for all women. Indeed, when the demigods' wives flying in airplanes with their husbands catch sight of Him and hear His resonant flute-song, their hearts are shaken by Cupid, and they become so bewildered that the flowers fall out of their hair and their belts loosen.

Using their upraised ears as vessels, the cows are drinking the nectar of the flute-song flowing out of Krishna's mouth. The calves, their mouths full of milk from their mothers' moist nipples, stand still as they take Govinda  within themselves through their tear-filled eyes and embrace Him within their hearts. O mother, in this forest all the birds have risen onto the beautiful branches of the trees to see Krishna. With closed eyes they are simply listening in silence to the sweet vibrations of His flute, and they are not attracted by any other sound. Surely these birds are on the same level as great sages.When the rivers hear the flute-song of Krishna, their minds begin to desire Him, and thus the flow of their currents is broken and their waters are agitated, moving around in whirlpools. Then with the arms of their waves the rivers embrace Muraru's lotus feet and, holding on to them, present offerings of lotus flowers.In the company of Balrama's and the cowherd boys, Lord Krishna is continually vibrating His flute as He herds all the animals of Vrajas, even under the full heat of the summer sun. Seeing this, the cloud in the sky has expanded himself out of love. He is rising high and constructing out of his own body, with its multitude of flower-like droplets of water, an umbrella for the sake of his friend.

Wooooooooooooow, thanks for this great description of Krishnaji's flute.πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘β­οΈ And thanks also for the clear bright pics, esp the Swapnil ones!😳 They're really a GREAT collection!πŸ˜›
MagadhSundari thumbnail

You're welcome.πŸ˜ƒ We should get an avi made of that "hiding the flower" scene.πŸ˜† It would be such a cute scene. I wonder how the guards managed to get rid of all those flowers? Must have been a big pain in the butt.πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

I totally agree about RS's scenes being without doubt so divine.πŸ˜ƒ

Awww you have no idea how much I'd love such an avi 😍 And those poor guards; they did all that work and in the next scene Kans pushes them (well the head guy, the mean one) into the pile of flowers 😭 πŸ˜†

And btw here's the source of all the amazingly clear, beautiful pics we've been seeing lately...
http://www.sagartv.com/serial22.htm
hopefully it leads to more of your awesome siggies! After all the vids I've uploaded I deserve some, maybe from my list, and maybe some Lalitha Puran too, no πŸ˜‰ J/k take your time πŸ˜†

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Wow beautiful update Rajnish!!! The pics suit the text of Srimad Bhagvatam soooo perfectly! Thanks a million πŸ‘
MagadhSundari thumbnail
The within the epi wake-up Kanha song, same as the Ramayan one but Krishna-ified... enjoy: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzg21bpVNE[/YOUTUBE]