Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
And the grandest of all: festivities in Gokul! (it's already got subtitles so didn't translate - why'd I do the others πŸ˜•)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMDeCuf_MgA[/YOUTUBE]
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Wow, thanks for the great Janmashtami pics and vids Lola!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Wow, it must have taken you FOREVER to upload all of them!😲 Thanks a lot!

I love Devaki Ma's expressions while she's fighting to save the baby girl's life. Though another's child, she does her best to save the baby and keep her as her own. Truly she is great.πŸ‘ And Vasudevji's expressions while he is giving up baby Krishna to Yashoda Maiyya are soooo emotional!😭 And Vilas Raj's expressions were so hilarious in the Yogmaya scenes!πŸ˜† Her was perfect as Kans.

The dialogue where Devaki Ma says, "You have killed 6 of my sons already. At least let me keep this baby girl." is soooo sad.😭 I can't imagine what she must have gone through watching her sweet innocent babies put to death.😑😭
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

And the grandest of all: festivities in Gokul! (it's already got subtitles so didn't translate - why'd I do the others πŸ˜•)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMDeCuf_MgA[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song! I keep watching it and re-watching it soooo many times!πŸ˜›
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

K, so I felt like we needed a Janmashtami-themed pics update series in our FC, spanning from the conversation Shri KRishna has with his parents right before his birth to the celebrations in Gokul. Here it goes, hope you like πŸ˜ƒ

Starting with Shri Krishna's Chaturbhuj-form Darshan and pre-birth convo with his parents:

Then Shri Krishna recounts the stories of their prior births, when he had given them the boon of appearing as their son and done so during several previous incarnations. I've posted those pics already, so here's how their convo continues after the flashback:

wow !!! very very great & divine pics lolaπŸ‘

deviki & vasudevji got the darshan of LORD VISHNU
the conversation is really great πŸ‘

devkiji also asking LORD VISHNU to eraze all the memories of this conversation ,all she wants to remember is her motherly bond with LORD VISHNU !!!πŸ‘
sitakshii thumbnail

Janmashtami fever continues! (it's never too late/early πŸ˜†)
Here are the songs shown during the Janmashtami epis:

Three minutes into this clip are the first four songs back-to-back
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-oR1xZqfw[/YOUTUBE]

Lyrics and translations:

Maya Vimohit So Gaye Prahari, Bediyan Tooti, Khul Gaye Taale

Bandhan Mein Bhala Kaise Rahe Tihun Lok Ke Bandhan Kaatne Wale!

Jyoti Ke Bindu, Navodit Indu Se Divya Alaukik Chhaye Ujaale,

Dev Jagaaye, Sant Jagaaye, Paapi Asur Besudh Kar Daale!

Spellbound by Maya, the guards are asleep the shackles broken, the locks are open

How can the liberator of the three realms remain in captivity!

Rays of divine light have spread a extraordinary glow all around

The angels and the sages were awakened, but the evil ones have been put to sleep

Saghan Ghan Garje, Damini Damak Daraaye

Chapal Varsha Se, Shishu Ko Kaun Bachaaye!

Huye Shesh Vyaakul, Ksheer Sagar Chhod Daude Aaye

Ban Chhatra Chal Diye Shesh Prabhu Ke Saath Mein

The clouds roar, lightning shines and frightens

Who will save my baby from these torrential showers!

Even Shesh-Naag got worried and ran leaving his heavenly home behind

He came to be by his lord's side as an umbrella

Mare Upaan Paani, Haathi Dubaan Paani!

Gehri Athaah Jamuna, Chhode Na Rah Jamuna

Gal Tak Doob Gaye, Ankhiyan Doob Gayi, Mastak Doob Gayo

Dheeraj Chhooto Jaaye, Jamuna Badhi Aaye!

The water leaps, high enough to drown an elephant

The deep, unstoppable Jamuna refuses to give way

Drowned till his throat, then his eyes, then his whole head

He loses courage as Jamuna continues to rise

Na Jaane Koi Ye Bhed, Kyun Jamuna Badhti Jaaye

Itne Yug Peeche Swami, Kirpa Kar Ke Ghar Aaye

Kab Arche Paavan Paaon, Bin Dhoye Raha Na Jaaye!

Jaan Manorath, Prabhu Muskaaye Diye

Jamuna Ki Or Nanhe Charan Badhaaye Diye!

Gad Gad Ho Charan Pakhaare, Such Se Phooli Na Samaye!

Hone Lagi Sheetal Shant, Pad Pankaj Sheesh Lagaaye

No one knows the secret, why Jamuna was rising

After so many ages, her master has graciously come to her home

When will I get to worship his sacred feet, without washing them I can't be still

Knowing her wish, the lord smiled

Towards her he stretched his little feet

Ecstatically she washed his feet, she couldn't contain her bliss

Then she became calm, after having touched his lotus feet

THANKS for this great vdo lolaπŸ‘πŸ‘
u really put hardwork by translating all the songs into EnglishπŸ‘πŸ‘
very very well defined
the feelings of RIVER YAMUNA is defined so beautifully πŸ‘πŸ‘
sitakshii thumbnail
lalitha ur siggies r rocking & lola the vdo which u posted of KRISHNA JANAM ASHTAMI celebration at GOKUL ,i will watch it & then comment
i wil put comments for the siggies of lalitha ,later for sure
i always remember my due comments !!!

& now i can watch this SHRI KRISHNA show on NDTV imagine every saturday !!  its really great !!!
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Wow, thanks for the great Janmashtami pics and vids Lola!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Wow, it must have taken you FOREVER to upload all of them!😲 Thanks a lot!

Awww you're most welcome, thanks for liking Lali πŸ€— Wasn't too bad, esp once I decided to speed things up by pasting the entire "direct links" list from imgshack into ms word and doing an "edit-find&replace" with the beginnings and ends of each url to add in the img tags - give it a shot it really helps πŸ˜†

I love Devaki Ma's expressions while she's fighting to save the baby girl's life. Though another's child, she does her best to save the baby and keep her as her own. Truly she is great.πŸ‘ And Vasudevji's expressions while he is giving up baby Krishna to Yashoda Maiyya are soooo emotional!😭 And Vilas Raj's expressions were so hilarious in the Yogmaya scenes!πŸ˜† Her was perfect as Kans.

The dialogue where Devaki Ma says, "You have killed 6 of my sons already. At least let me keep this baby girl." is soooo sad.😭 I can't imagine what she must have gone through watching her sweet innocent babies put to death.😑😭
I agree, her acting's sooo heartrending, esp in that scene 😭 But the way they portrayed it, she really does think it's her own daughter at that point - remember, in the first pics post she asked Vishnu Bhagwan to make her forget all the knowledge and replace it with motherly love - so she doesn't know the daughter's not hers till your "homework" scene πŸ˜‰ Nonetheless, her acting was brilliant and the character is truly great... the convo with Vishnu before he's born is another proof of it - love prevails over knowledge is the message of the Bhagvatam, and RS has her live that message in that scene 😍
And Vasudev also did amazingly, esp with that song in the background, "apni priya santaan", making it even more heartbreaking 😭
Vilas Raj's hilarity was something I couldn't get enough of when I was little, would watch him flail around in fear of Sheshnaag, then Bhagwan Vishnu, then Yogmaya over and over πŸ˜†

Thanks again for enjoying it!

Edited by lola610 - 14 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: sita11

wow !!! very very great & divine pics lolaπŸ‘

deviki & vasudevji got the darshan of LORD VISHNU
the conversation is really great πŸ‘

devkiji also asking LORD VISHNU to eraze all the memories of this conversation ,all she wants to remember is her motherly bond with LORD VISHNU !!!πŸ‘

Thanks for liking them Sita!! I really LOVE their conversation also, as choosing love and devotion over knowledge is the whole message of the Bhaagvat and that's what she does in that scene 😍 Thanks again for enjoying!
MagadhSundari thumbnail

THANKS for this great vdo lolaπŸ‘πŸ‘
u really put hardwork by translating all the songs into EnglishπŸ‘πŸ‘
very very well defined
the feelings of RIVER YAMUNA is defined so beautifully πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks again for your sweet words of appreciation dear, they make the effort even more worthwhile! Truly Ravindra Jain and the lyricists for all mythos are God-gifted; their lyrics have so much meaning as if they're written by saints and sages... and they always match the situation so well! I feel honored to translate for them and help more people enjoy their divine compositions! In the Yamuna song the tune is also very sweet I love it πŸ˜ƒ

lalitha ur siggies r rocking & lola the vdo which u posted of KRISHNA JANAM ASHTAMI celebration at GOKUL ,i will watch it & then comment

& now i can watch this SHRI KRISHNA show on NDTV imagine every saturday !!  its really great !!!

def agree, Lalitha is a master siggie maker πŸ‘ Can't wait for more of your insight, and you should definitely watch the whole show on NDTV!! You will love it I promise!! Then come and discuss here, it's truly divine!!
Edited by lola610 - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Thanks a looooooot Sita dear!πŸ˜³πŸ˜› You're comments are always so sweet and sincere.πŸ˜ƒ Thanks a lot Sita!

You'll enjoy Shri Krishna for sure, I guarantee you! Especially until the Dwarak Nirmaan which is Swapnil's last scene😭. After that ,the serial gets boring and lacks the soul of the first half because RS did not direct it.
But until then, you'll love the serial, esp all the Radha Krishna parts!πŸ˜› There's this one great scene (which Lola posted awhile back) where Krishna shows Radha and that he sees her image only in all the Gopis, and that his love for her is eternal and true.😳 That scene is done so beautifully, esp with Shweta's great expressions of jealousy and then repentance, and Swapnil's amusement and affectionate look. The Gopis are all also very beautiful, esp the girl who plays Lalitha.😳