RamanandSagar'sShriKrishnaFanClub:PICS(NEW 114-17)(Page 79)

Posted: 2009-09-08T17:17:41Z
Originally posted by lola610

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by sita11

Lalitha very true
NITISH BHARADWAJ lived the role of LORD KRISHNA
still no one cud play the role of adult KRISHNA like he played

his make up was so natural
& i loved his sweet smile sooooooooooo..much

even in VISHNU PURAN ,nitish was soooooooooo cute & charming !!!!

Yes, my dad also said that Nitishji was a veryyyy humble and caring person who knew the value of hard work, because before acting in Mahabharat, he was a simple lower middle class working person who worked very hard to support his family.Smile
My father saw an interview (long long time ago) in the newspaper where Nitishji said that he had read of the casting for Mahabharat in the newspaper and decided to try out for the role of Krishna just for fun. He never expected to get the role, but BRC was sooooo impressed and had chosen him spot on!Big smile After that, Nitishji still remained a very humble sweet person despite his fame, because he himself came from the working class and knew the value of hard work. He was always very kind to his fans.

Swapnil and Nitish are the perfect teenage and adult krishna combo. If only both had been in the same serial, it would be 100% perfect!Day DreamingI did not like the teenage Krishna or Radha of BRC's Mahabharat, they did not seem very "into" their roles. Teenage Krishna was okay, as he had his moments, but Radha was...eh.Ermm BRC's MB was better than his Krishna Leela but RS's Krishna Leela was better than his (well, not really his I suppose) MB. Strange how that works out...

Most of the actors involved in the non-RS half of Shri Krishna aren't even worth talking about, they were that bad LOL But you're right that under his direction SD Banerjee would've probably shined as well, esp when you see certain scenes of his from the early half - like the one I keep mentioning about him pretending to be afraid of Yashoda Maiya's beating, and several scenes where he and Reshma as adult Radha give the heavenly commentaries on the leelas Swapnil and Shweta are doing on earth - for example, right after Kampit charan, he very cutely explains that he sees Radha in all the gopis so she has nothing to worry about, like 10 mins into this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3tr7p_krishna-part-76_shortfilms

In Mahabharat, almost everyone concerned with the main plot is amazing - I esp love Nazneen as Kunti, Pankaj Dheer as Karn, Mukesh Khanna as Bhishma and of course Nitish "Krishna" Bharadwaj Clap Not so crazy about Dhritrashtra. And his portrayal of Krishna Leela is kinda careless in both the writing as we had discussed earlier and even the casting in my opinion Embarrassed
Goga Kapoor as Kans is kinda monotonous and I can't get past how much he reminds me of Amrish Puri LOL;
Devaki who I obviously love and admire in Shri Krishna, I can't stand in BRC's MB cuz she's very artificial, Bollywood-ish, and hard to sypmathize with (reminds me of Raveena Tandon who I like for her commercial stuff, but I don't think would fit any role in a mytho - see 30 mins into this when Kans first imprisons them, hopefully you'll agree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJPFPga46oM),
and even the lady playing Yashoda Maiya is painfully over-dramatic, esp after she's tied Krishna to the pillar 26 mins into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JFBioYA8o
The male characters in this part of the plot like all the little Krishnas, Vasudev, and NandBaba are passable but nowhere near as dynamic and realistic as the ones in Shri Krishna - again, the ppl involved with the Krishna Leela stuff are mostly filmy type, not mytho-worthy like the ones in the Mahabharat episodes, I think.

Well........ my solution is watching RS's Ramayan, RS's half of Shri Krishna, and the Mahabharat part only of BRC's serial as three separate, incomprable, perfect shows which are each telling a diff story - that way I don't sit and compare them with each other and get to wholeheartedly enjoy them all Big smile

I agree with everything, especially the red highlighted part.Clap Couldn't have said it better myself!Tongue

Despite being a brilliant Krishna though, I wonder why Nitish did not make much of an impression as Ram in BRC's Ramayan? I have watched several epis of that show, and for some reason, to me it does not have the same magic of Mahabharat or previous Ramayan. There's just something about that show that's off.Confused
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-08T18:06:42Z

Lalitha very true

Yes, my dad also said that Nitishji was a veryyyy humble and caring person who knew the value of hard work, because before acting in Mahabharat, he was a simple lower middle class working person who worked very hard to support his family.Smile
My father saw an interview (long long time ago) in the newspaper where Nitishji said that he had read of the casting for Mahabharat in the newspaper and decided to try out for the role of Krishna just for fun. He never expected to get the role, but BRC was sooooo impressed and had chosen him spot on!Big smile After that, Nitishji still remained a very humble sweet person despite his fame, because he himself came from the working class and knew the value of hard work. He was always very kind to his fans.

Swapnil and Nitish are the perfect teenage and adult krishna combo. If only both had been in the same serial, it would be 100% perfect!Day DreamingI did not like the teenage Krishna or Radha of BRC's Mahabharat, they did not seem very "into" their roles. Teenage Krishna was okay, as he had his moments, but Radha was...eh.Ermm BRC's MB was better than his Krishna Leela but RS's Krishna Leela was better than his (well, not really his I suppose) MB. Strange how that works out...

Most of the actors involved in the non-RS half of Shri Krishna aren't even worth talking about, they were that bad LOL But you're right that under his direction SD Banerjee would've probably shined as well, esp when you see certain scenes of his from the early half - like the one I keep mentioning about him pretending to be afraid of Yashoda Maiya's beating, and several scenes where he and Reshma as adult Radha give the heavenly commentaries on the leelas Swapnil and Shweta are doing on earth - for example, right after Kampit charan, he very cutely explains that he sees Radha in all the gopis so she has nothing to worry about, like 10 mins into this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3tr7p_krishna-part-76_shortfilms

In Mahabharat, almost everyone concerned with the main plot is amazing - I esp love Nazneen as Kunti, Pankaj Dheer as Karn, Mukesh Khanna as Bhishma and of course Nitish "Krishna" Bharadwaj Clap Not so crazy about Dhritrashtra. And his portrayal of Krishna Leela is kinda careless in both the writing as we had discussed earlier and even the casting in my opinion Embarrassed
Goga Kapoor as Kans is kinda monotonous and I can't get past how much he reminds me of Amrish Puri LOL;
Devaki who I obviously love and admire in Shri Krishna, I can't stand in BRC's MB cuz she's very artificial, Bollywood-ish, and hard to sypmathize with (reminds me of Raveena Tandon who I like for her commercial stuff, but I don't think would fit any role in a mytho - see 30 mins into this when Kans first imprisons them, hopefully you'll agree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJPFPga46oM),
and even the lady playing Yashoda Maiya is painfully over-dramatic, esp after she's tied Krishna to the pillar 26 mins into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JFBioYA8o
The male characters in this part of the plot like all the little Krishnas, Vasudev, and NandBaba are passable but nowhere near as dynamic and realistic as the ones in Shri Krishna - again, the ppl involved with the Krishna Leela stuff are mostly filmy type, not mytho-worthy like the ones in the Mahabharat episodes, I think.

Well........ my solution is watching RS's Ramayan, RS's half of Shri Krishna, and the Mahabharat part only of BRC's serial as three separate, incomprable, perfect shows which are each telling a diff story - that way I don't sit and compare them with each other and get to wholeheartedly enjoy them all Big smile

I agree with everything, especially the red highlighted part.Clap Couldn't have said it better myself!Tongue

Despite being a brilliant Krishna though, I wonder why Nitish did not make much of an impression as Ram in BRC's Ramayan? I have watched several epis of that show, and for some reason, to me it does not have the same magic of Mahabharat or previous Ramayan. There's just something about that show that's off.Confused

Yay... once again, Lolalitha is on the same page LOL (if only there was a high-five smiley...)

Was hoping my Bollywood comparisons for the BRC Krishna Leela actors and actresses didn't offend anyone, in case there are any hardcore Goga Kapoor-as-Kans lovers out there... If so I'm sorryyyy... Embarrassed

I think Nitish's problem in BRC's Ramayan was that he was trying way too hard NOT to act like Arun Govil did... he did away with all the understatedness and softspokenness (real word or no?) and humility, making him more of a Gyan-type than a Bhakti-type. And the problem with the show in general was it strived to feel more historical than spiritual (also to differentiate from RS).

0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-08T18:26:37Z

Lalitha very true

Yay... once again, Lolalitha is on the same page LOL (if only there was a high-five smiley...)

Was hoping my Bollywood comparisons for the BRC Krishna Leela actors and actresses didn't offend anyone, in case there are any hardcore Goga Kapoor-as-Kans lovers out there... If so I'm sorryyyy... Embarrassed

I think Nitish's problem in BRC's Ramayan was that he was trying way too hard NOT to act like Arun Govil did... he did away with all the understatedness and softspokenness (real word or no?) and humility, making him more of a Gyan-type than a Bhakti-type. And the problem with the show in general was it strived to feel more historical than spiritual (also to differentiate from RS).

Dancing I think this emoticon works!

Yea, that's what I was thinking too. There's nothing wrong in showing a serial more historical, but there should be a touch of spirituality in it too. Not that BRC's Ramayan did not have spirituality. It had its moments, like this scene where Ram tells Sita the true bond between a husband and wife. The conversation was taken beautifully, and it showed that BRC too had the potential to make a great spiritual serial without making it seem like RS's. 
[YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIsRUV0GAm8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE

But there were scenes like this:

which were sort of painful to watch (winceEmbarrassed), that made me think, "What the heck was BRC thinking?" Don't know, maybe I'm the only one who felt this way, but Sita Swayamvar was taken a bit shabbily in my opinion.

See, BRC took Mahabharat both spiritually and historically in equal amounts so that it seemed both like a story based on scripture and history, esp the Bhagwad Gita episodes, they were wonderful!Big smile But when it came to Ramayan, I think BRC probably felt a bit wary about people comparing his serial to RS's and took a totally different route from the one he took with Mahabharat. As a result, it did not become much popular, not because of RS's Ramayan but because of it's lack of "magic" when compared to Mahabharat...even though it had Nitish.
And as for not imitating Arun Govil, that doesn't make sense because the personality of Ram remains unchanged whether Arun Govil plays him or Nitish Bharadwaj. Ram had a calm pleasing personality, not the naughty playful kind which Nitish did in both MB and Ramayan. In MB, it was perfect since he was Shri Krishna but in Ramayan, it seemed out of place like you said.
And also, I wish BRC had kept the wigs he had used in Mahabharat. They were perfect. But in Ramayan, the wigs were all long and made me wince for some reason.Confused If only BRC had makeuped Nitish exactly as he had done in MB but without the peacock featherLOL, he would have looked better as well.

And personally, Smriti Irani was totally miscasted for me. I like Debina Bonnerjee in the role of Sita better than her.Embarrassed The Ravan and Lakshman were OK though. Out of all the Ramayan cast of BRCs, again Nitish was the best and then....Kaushalya Mata was good as well.
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-09T02:46:07Z
Shocked Just bringing Hanuman of RS Ramayan, SK and BRC MB the discussion went so longShocked, Oh Hanuman ji you are Great!Star, Anyways I will read Everyone POV hereBig smile.
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-09T04:27:00Z
Originally posted by Rajnish_Kumar

Shocked Just bringing Hanuman of RS Ramayan, SK and BRC MB the discussion went so longShocked, Oh Hanuman ji you are Great!Star, Anyways I will read Everyone POV hereBig smile.

Lol! You are right!LOL
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-09T06:00:39Z

Few Pics, Do comment on QualityBig smile

Edited by Rajnish_Kumar - 2009-09-09T06:02:38Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-09T07:19:16Z
Thank you for posting that video from BRC Ramayan.
About smriti as Sita, I think she was ok. Bit better than Debina but the woman who was Sita in Vishnupuran was very natural and good looking.
Even the actress from Brahma Vishnu Mahesh did a good job.

In both scenes she did a nice job.(Vishnupuran)

This actress is also good as Sita.

There is no fanclub for BRC and RS other serials so I am posting this hereBig smile

Plz do replyEmbarrassed

Edited by Aradhana87 - 2009-09-10T06:40:30Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-09T07:35:19Z
Originally posted by Aradhana87

Thank you for posting that video from BRC Ramayan.
About smriti as Sita, I think she was ok. Bit better than Debina but the woman who was Sita in Vishnupuran was very natural and good looking.
Even the actress from Brahma Vishnu Mahesh did a good job.

In both scenes she did a nice job.(Vishnupuran)

This actress is also good as Sita.

There is no fanclub for BRC and RS other serials so I am posting this hereBig smile

Plz do replyEmbarrassed

Another video in this list

part of making of BRC Ramayan

0 Likes this