Come back to me? Pt20(last)For Kat-pg64 18/12

jia.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hellooo everyone.....well my earlier thread wouldnt allow me to edit me subject title in the main post on page 1.Infact last update itself it was giving issues, as you noticed i had to remove the word *baby*from it. So i thought it was better to just open a new topic then to battle and waste time trying to edit the previous one.😆So am here opening a new thread with a new part. All parts have been posted here.

As you all know this was a combined ff earlier by Richa and me. But  unfortunately Richa wont be able to continue here as she is terribly busy with her final year and hence the parts would be updated by me from now.But the basic concept was developed by us so the credit does equally go to us both. And i wud like to thank her for her amazing inputs and brilliant support. 🤗

Ok enough of my bashan😆....part 11 has been posted below. As usual i would really appreciate honest views. Thankyou so very very much for the support,love u all!!🤗

Index:

Part 1 to Part 11- page 1
Part 12-page 7
Part13-page 12
part 14-page21
part15-pg30
part16-pg38
part17-pg44
part18-pg50
part19-pg57
part20-pg64

NOTE: All in blue coloured font is flashback.

"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

*~INTRO~*

As he entered his eyes automatically tried to adjust to the dim lights and for a minute or two he literally covered his ears as the loud music was on the verge on tearing his ear drums.

Looking around, trying to move ahead, pushing the swaying bodies he frantically searched for her.

'How on earth am I going to find her in this? And omg she will be a complete wreck if she has been hanging out here. I have to find her, come on Baby where are you?' he muttered to himself closing his eyes momentarily wishing she would just appear in front of him from no where.

Sighing in desperation he took out his cell and quickly dialed, frantically clutching the phone.

'Hello Anjie? Are u sure she is here? I mean does she come here? This place is like''''.I can't even imagine her here. But'.? Ok ok fine I'll see here once more.'

Making his way to the bar his eyes constantly roving about trying to make her out from the jungle of people madly swaying about he finally reached the bar. Standing there he looked about. Not here too he thought very disheartened. He was about to move away when he stopped hearing,

'One more Vodka please!!!

Turning about he saw her standing there, looking ever so beautiful. He stood there without even a blink looking at her. She always had this effect on me he thought. A deep enchanting spell out of which he never would want to get out.

He snapped back to reality as he saw her picking up the glass and holding it to her lips.

Moving forward, closing on her, he put his hand on her putting the glass down.

'Riddhima? Not a sip more. Stop it'

Looking at him she stared into those deep gray eyes. They always had this commanding effect on her. Loosening her grip on the glass she looked at him.

'Good now you are coming with me ok!! What on the earth were you doing here baby? Don't you dare refuse me or I will''..'

'What will you do Mr Armaan Mallik? Hit me or drag me out of here or even better throw me out from here too, as you did a few days a go remember?  Threw me out on the streets?' Looking at him while muttering all this Armaan sensed from her tone she was on a real high now.

'Look Baby''''..'

Moving forward just inches away from his face she pointed her finger on his face swaying a little and spoke.

'No you look, you cannot throw me out from here as you don't own this place and don't call me Baby, am not your Baby. I am just Riddhima, just plain Riddhima' saying so she laughed out a little then suddenly finding tears in her eyes she spoke again.

'Just plain Riddhima and you cant ask me to get out, no here no one can ask me to get out.' Saying so she turned her back on him and tried to move away.

Getting annoyed he pulled her back, turning her around he gripped her shoulders tightly.

'You are not going anywhere. You are coming with me you understand!'

He spoke gripping even more. Seeing tears streaming down her face he loosened the grip. Cupping her face he spoke in a much gentler tone

'You are not in your senses honey. Please understand, come with me ok. No one can throw you out from our home honey!'

Looking into his eyes she tried retorting.

'No one can throw me out of here. Not even you .As you don't own this place. No Armaan you can't throw me out, how could you do that?'

Saying so she staggered and fell in his arms .Holding her immediately he supported her. Pulling her close to him he hugged her tight. Pulling her out of the hug he saw she had fainted. Scooping her in his arms he took her out and put her in the car.

Driving along the silent road he looked at her worried. She looked a complete mess. Cursing himself he thought. It's all my fault .Armaan how could you do this to her. Just look at her. Running his hand through his hair he stepped up the gas peddle. Parking the car in the driveway  he quickly got out.

Opening the door he gently picked her up and went in through the door. Placing her on the bed softly, he put the covers over her. As he moved away to switch off the lights, She took hold of his hands. Grasping it tight she murmured.

'No you cant throw me out Armaan, you cannot do that' She kept mumbling.

Sitting down beside her, still holding her hand, he touched her face softly. Moving closer to her, he kissed her forehead gently. Clutching her hand tightly, he brought it close to his heart and kissed it. Continuing to stare at her, he turned his mind back two years to the day he and Riddhima met for the first time''.

****PART1****

He saw her stir a little, still clutching his hand tight. Seeing her in this state pierced his heart like a thousand needles. Unable to see her in this state any longer he gently bent down and softly placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Placing her head gently on his lap he recollected..........
to the day he and Riddhima met for the first time''.two years ago......

Driving recklessly on a hot summer morning in July to reach the university on time, he quickly moved his Mercedes through the narrow lane in a zigzag manner making his way across the traffic, and took a right turn only to find the lustrous gates standing erectly in front of him. The gates belonged to none other than The University Of Chicago, one of the most prestigious universities there. Seeing the gleaming reflection on those gates made him feel proud of his abilities, 'Being one of the very lucky ones to have got an admission here, I would reach the top in the music industry one day' he passionately said.

Tossing over the benches, rushing through the crowd, he hurried towards the lecture room Z410. 'Yes, I am here' he said to the lecturer breathlessly, making his way through the doorway to occupy the only vacant seat available in the front row. He was happy to make it on time, arriving late on the very first day for his masters degree would have been a big disappointment for him.

Sinking in the seat, he excitedly twirled his head starting from one side, in a clockwise direction to get himself acquainted with whatever he came across; cream colored walls, half opened windows, glossy plastic furniture and of course, young enthusiastic faces. All types of faces, excited, bored, happy, sad, even sleepy ones, were present in the room. He analyzed each and every one of them carefully, until his eyes came across one particular face at exactly 90 degrees on his right, which grabbed his attention more than others.

This was the face of a girl sitting next to him, who appeared more tensed and nervous than excited to him. He thought she looked extremely stunning in the blue blouse that matched her radiant grey-blue eyes perfectly. Sitting in an attentive posture, her svelte figure beautifully molded itself with the curves of the chair. Her sleek legs exposed off the black slit skirt, tapping musically on the floor, added to the anxiousness on her face.

While removing a strand of hair that seemed to be enjoying the feel of her soft cheeks with a shaky hand, she noticed him investigating her. With his intense gaze making her even more nervous, she looked at him questioningly.

Somewhat embarrassed on being caught red-handed, he passed her a faint smile only to receive a blank expression in return. 'This girl seems to be full of attitude. To hell with her' he annoyingly muttered to himself.

************************************************************ ********************************

Today's lecture was based on music composition. John Willis, a senior lecturer in the university, introduced himself to the students first and without wasting any time, started off with the explanation of orchestra and vocal compositions.

The lecture was particularly interesting for him as he had a passion for musical compositions. Composing music, whether in the form of piano or electronic, had always interested him a lot. He had always imagined himself as an outstanding musical composer, with top-notch companies approaching him for his high quality work.

The lecture had already finished five minutes ago, with each of the students been grouped in pairs for a 'Speech-sound composition' project. He was shocked and annoyed at being paired with the same girl who had ignored him during the class. He wanted to ask for a replace but chose to be calm and quiet instead. Eventually, placing the biro pen and lecture notes in his bag and rising from the seat, he progressed towards his new group partner.

'Hi, I am Armaan', he initiated the talk in a friendly tone. To his surprise, the girl feebly smiled and replied politely 'I am Riddhima'.

She looked drop-dead gorgeous he thought again. Standing close to her, he could easily explore her facial features in detail. Her skin was beautiful, silky and vanilla colored with a rosy blush on her cheeks making them stand out even more. Her warm, exotic grey-blue eyes could alone be enough to light a fire he thought. The frequent flashing of her long, well-shaped eyelashes, as if to protect her innocent eyes from the dreadfulness of the world, enhanced her skillfully designed face. Even the russet colored hair-locks falling freely over her shoulders complemented her face well.

'Excuse me'''Armaan'''.Are you all right?'

Hearing those words, he came out of the magical charm of her beauty.

'Oh'.yes of course. So''um'.we have been paired for this new project. Shall we start working on it now?' he said swiftly changing the topic to avoid making a fool of himself.

'I am sorry, I am not feeling well. I would rather leave now.' She said in a serious yet polite tone.

'Oh ok. Is everything alright?' he inquired with concern.

'Yes, everything is fine. Thanks for your concern. See you tomorrow'. Saying so, she briskly left the lecture room.

Her behavior was strange for Armaan. He wondered what she was upto. 'Was she full of attitude? Or, was she nervous? Maybe, she really wasn't feeling well.' With all such questions popping in his head, he decided to call it off for the day as all his lectures had finished.

The next day in the university had been very tiring with four back to back lecturers with no time for the students to even breathe. Armaan had enjoyed the 'Radiophonic and Computer-aided music' lectures. He even played some of his own compositions in class, which were appreciated by everyone.

Throughout the day, he kept wondering about her. 'Why didn't she come? What happened to her? Was she sick? Was she stuck up with some other work?' Her absence on the second day of university left him in doubts. He couldn't stop thinking about the reason for her absence.

With some of the handouts given to them related to their 'Speech-sound composition' project, he even wanted to discuss the details of the project with her as they were supposed to hand in their initial concept the following day.

Still sitting on his chair, flipping the biro between his fingers, he heard someone say a 'Hello'.

It was a girl, tall, with brown skin, black eyes, quite pretty, he concluded after sketching her appearance in his mind.

'Hi, I am Armaan', he greeted her warmly.

'Hi Armaan, I am Anjali, doing masters in music too. I noticed you sitting and thinking something, so thought of bugging you' she said sarcastically.

'I was about to leave now. Today's lecturers were pretty full on eh' he said rising from his seat.

'Yeah, I am so tired today. I might need a physiotherapy session after I reach home' she said smilingly.

Passing through the tacky, dingy street, he made his way in search of house no. 28. He was happy to get Riddhima's address from Anjalie in the class. Expecting to get her contact number, he was disappointed to some extent when Anjalie said she didn't have her number, only her address and that too because she had dropped her off the previous day.

He cursed himself for being so impulsive, 'Couldn't you wait for her to come to uni tomorrow? You could have tried to get her number instead Armaan. What will she think? You are such an idiot.............But''..we have to hand in our project submission tomorrow as well. I had to discuss it with her. How could I let her suffer with the grades?' Justifying his actions to himself, he finally managed to find the house he was looking for, number 28.

Gathering all the courage, he knocked the half-cracked door lightly. On receiving no reply, he knocked the door again, harder this time, and there came a reply'.

'Who the bloody hell is it?'

****PART 2****

It surprised him on being greeted like this. Not that he had expected a warm welcome, but he certainly had not thought of being attended in such an impolite manner.

'This can't be her house, and it surely can't be her. I think I came to the wrong house.' With these doubts running all over his mind, he cross-checked the address written on the crushed piece of paper in his hand to make sure he didn't knock the wrong door.

Being positive about standing in front of the right house, he knocked the door once again to be attended with a reply just like before''.

'Who the bloody hell is it?'

Not sure what to do, he thought to speak out anyway, 'Hello, does Riddhima live here? I am her classmate.'

Waiting there patiently for almost 20 minutes in the hope of someone opening the door, he ultimately decided to leave from there. Spinning around to head back home, he heard a slight squeak as the door swung open.

'Who is it?' an inquisitive voice said.

The person he had come looking for, was standing in front of him. Those same sensuous grey-blue eyes that spoke volumes, long beautiful lashes, silky glowing skin, sexy strawberry-like lips, he contemplated. He could go on thinking about her pleasant features forever, he realized.

'I am asking you, ******' she swore all over again.

Realizing her physical presence, he came out of the trance yet again. This was the second time he had been taken over by her charming beauty.

'Uhhh'..Hi, I am Armaan. I am in your class, remember?' he said putting it in the friendliest way possible.

By this time, he had already realized that something was different with the girl he was talking to at this point of time. She was not the same he had met the previous day in the university. Dark circles under those innocent eyes giving them a dreary effect, messed up uncombed hair, wrinkled blouse above a shabby brown trousers, all made her look like a complete wreck.

'What are you doing here' she asked with a frowned look, and quickly turned around leaving the door opened, without even waiting for a reply from her un-invited guest.

It was hot, damp and grim inside, with ancient wallpaper peeling away from the walls and sparse, rickety furniture. A sagging single bed lying at the corner of the room that looked like a relic from the war years had the covers stripped from it. A naked bulb swung from the ceiling like a hanging dead body, illuminating the grimness all over. Armaan shuddered, thinking of the stark contrast between this and his posh, comfortable flat.

Noticing a cheap half emptied scotch bottle standing on the wobbly wooden table, he drew his eyes towards his only companion there. Sitting with a glass in her hand, she was gulping the intoxicating liquid, one glass after another.

'So, what the hell are you doing here' she asked with a deep voice, pouring some more scotch in her transparent glass.

6-7 glasses of Scotch had already had a huge impact on her. She was hardly able to sit in a stable position. Dangling from one side to another like a lifeless object, she asked him another time 'Who gave my address to you?'

'Anjalie gave your address to me and I came here to discuss our project as we have a submission tomorrow' he said in his calm voice.

Hearing this, Riddhima started laughing madly. 'Project? Who cares about it? Who  cares about a project huh? I don't''Do I? Do I?' Saying so, she banged the table making it vibrate even more. The Scotch bottle whose contents had been taken away from it a few minutes ago was now rolling over the top of the table, from right to the middle to the left, repeating the cycle all over again. Seeing its annoying movement, she hastily wiped it off the table making it fall on the floor, and crushing into pieces.

Observing her excessive drunken state, Armaan wanted to calm her down. He had never imagined seeing Riddhima in such a condition. There was definitely something that was eating her, he thought. She was a completely different person at this time. Her eyes like the previous day said it all to him. They acted like a transparent shield of all her inner emotions, showing her sorrows, her anger, her vulnerability, everything.

'Riddhima! Calm down. Sit down please' he said to her while holding her shoulders, pushing her softly on the chair.

'Leave me''..Who are you to ask me to shut my mouth''..huh? Its my house''..and I'll do what I want. I will do what I bloody want. Do you get it? Its my house''. Its my ********* house!' With this, she gripped the half-filled glass in her hand that had been witnessing the scene for a long time, and took another sip of that detrimental liquid.   

'Not another sip Riddhima. You have already drunk a lot.' He snatched the glass from her hand and placed it on the table.

'Give it back. Give it back Armaan. I want to drink more. You can't take it away from me''..you can't''.give it back Armaan' she shouted raising her hands to get a hold of the glass again.

Giving her appropriate amount of support as she couldn't stand properly, he softly placed her on the chair again, standing closer to her this time. 'Don't worry Riddhima, everything will be alright. You will be fine. Don't worry', he said in a composed tone while holding her head firmly against his chest with one hand, and stroking her hair with the other.

He knew she was unhappy. There was something that was disturbing her. But all he wanted to do at this point of time was to console her, to make her feel at ease.

Still trying his best to cool her down, he continued 'Don't worry, everything will be fine. You don't have to worry' when all of a sudden, he was interrupted with a crying voice. 'Why did she leave me? Why did she leave me Armaan?' Riddhima uttered with a howl. 

'I miss her so much. I feel so lonely without her. Why did you leave me all alone maaaa, why?' she exclaimed moving her head away from Armaan's chest, looking in his eyes in search of all her questions. Her eyes were moist; pearl-like tears were rushing through her eyes, down the cheeks, taking the form of watery stains on her trousers.

Wanting her to relieve herself from this burden by talking to him, he asked her softly 'Where is she Riddhima? What happened to your mom?'

'She left me, she left me all alone' she blurted it out.

'She left me to live in this world all alone Armaan. Why didn't she take me with her? Why didn't I die with her? Why didn't that ******* cancer take me with her? She didn't even think about me before leaving, how I would live without her. I feel so lonely'..I feel so lonely Armaan'''..Pa left us before anyway, he never cared about us'.....He was always drinking, his drink mattered to him the most'''I remember ma crying day and night longing for pa's company'''But Pa, he never cared for her; he never gave her the love she deserved, and I hate him for that. I hate him''.for that''...I was so happy when he died''.He had to'''those b****** drinks wouldn't have let him live for long anyway''..He deserved it'''That bas******* deserved it' Riddhima's eyes were raging with anger.

'I remember those days clearly. Ma would practice classical music with me everyday. Everyday Armaan''..She would pen down her thoughts in the form of poems and then work on the tune'''.Music was the only ray of light in her life, it was the only source of joy in her ******** miserable life. And, she would make me sing with her as well.' With gleaming eyes, and a slight smile on her lips, she remembered those fond memories.

'I loved singing. I loved being on the keyboard''.I loved making rhythms out of scratch with her. She would make me sit with her the entire day and construct different types of musical tones. She would even teach me different notes; whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, two eighth notes, I remember everything'''.everything''She wanted me to study music. She wanted me to become a big singer one day''..And, here I am, studying music in one of the best universities'''..on a scholarship'''in the best university''..your daughter is studying in the best university ma' she faced the ceiling crying her heart out.

'I will prove my credibility to the world ma, I'll make you proud. I will make you proud ma, I will make you proud''..Come back to me ma, I feel lonely'''.Come back to me, please''.come back'..' she kept mumbling while laying her head on the table.

Seeing Riddhima fast asleep, Armaan picked her up in his arms and placed her gently on her uncovered bed. He could feel her pain; he could feel a thousand knives stabbing his heart while she mentioned her throbbing past. He wanted to hug her at that moment itself. He wanted to somehow relieve her from her miseries but he wasn't sure how.

Sliding a thin cushion under her head, and leaving a note on her bedside, he finally marched out of that gloomy house.

She reached the music theater at 8 am, and found him sitting on a high raised stool with his fingers continuously dancing on the keys of the piano. He was completely engrossed in his rhythm, running his fingers from left to right to left to right again, as if practicing for a marathon.

'Hi' she said politely with an embarrassing smile.

'Hello there. Good morning. So, you got my note huh' he said in his normal friendly tone, giving his fingers some rest.

'Yes, I got it and I came here sharp at 8' she said smilingly again.

Her smile was better this time, than their first meeting he thought. Unlike before, it had a sense of life in it.

'Listen, I am really sorry about last night. I shouldn't have behaved like that with you. I didn't really mean to blab all that out. I am really really sorry' she said with an embarrassing face.

'Hey, you didn't do anything wrong, trust me. You were absolutely fine. And'..there was nothing wrong in whatever you said. You needed a friend last night, and I am glad I could be of some help to you' Armaan said with a reassuring smile.

'Thank you Armaan' she warmly said.

'What for?' he asked in a surprising tone.

'For everything, that had happened last night. I was in a complete mess yesterday, and if it were someone else, they could have taken advantage of the situation, but you'''I don't even know how to thank you' she said with a shameful expression.

Realizing her nervousness and embarrassment, he reached out his hand on her arm and said in a comforting manner 'Riddhima, nothing wrong happened last night. Listening to your past made me respect you even more. I had no idea about your life and I am glad you opened up to me. Sometimes, its good to pour your heart out. It gives a lot of relief once you share your sorrows with your close ones. Though, I am not a very close friend of yours, but I am sure, with time, we can prove to be great friends' and he smiled saying that.

'And''.I am sure your mom would be very proud of you. Wherever she is, she will always have her blessings over you. All your achievements will always make her feel happy''..Always Riddhima' he added.

She was surprised to see a complete stranger understand her so well. Talking to Armaan made her relieve from her burden. She smiled genuinely for the first time, which she had not done for the past one year since her mother's death.

Seeing her smile full-heartedly, he cheerfully said to her 'You look much much better when you smile than when you don't. Don't ever let anything overshadow that beautiful smile of yours'

Hearing this, she couldn't help but smile timidly and say 'Thanks'.

'And''..listen, you don't have to worry about today's project submission either. I have prepared the rhythm and now we just have to hand in the disk to John, our 'Music Composition' lecturer. Then, we are done for the day' he stated.

'Oh yes, I forgot about it completely. I am such an Idiot. I didn't even work on it. You did it all alone? Oh my God, how can I thank you for that Armaan, how can I?'

She was so very shocked to see his caring attitude. He had first helped her out in her chaotic state last night, and had shown so much concern towards her even when she hadn't been nice with him at all. And now once again, he had gone out of his way to help her out with the project, without her even being there to do anything. He worked on the submission all alone, and didn't even hold any complains about it. She was very thankful to him, and felt blessed to find at least one person who cared for her in this world.

The university was finished for the day. All the lectures were done. The project submission had also been dealt with; each of the groups had brought in their work in the class on time. Some of the compositions were even played by the lecturer. A good blend of different types of tracks had been presented from fast groovy beats to soft, slow music. John, the lecturer was particularly impressed by Armaan's and Riddhima's fusion music composition. He had even praised their work in front of everyone.

Heading out of the lecture theatre, Armaan and Riddhima exchanged some pleasantries discussing the happenings of their entire day. It was a very comforting day for both of them. They both had got along really well, first as friends and then as group partners as well.

'Okay, I better leave for home now. Its quite late. So''.I'll see you tomorrow then' she said in a friendly, relaxed tone.

'Okay'''See you tomorrow' he said with a dull, disappointed voice.

'Um'''Riddhima, would you like to go out for a coffee?' and he suddenly popped out the question to her.

PS: Please do NOT mistake Ridz to be an alcoholic. She isnt one. Will be clear with a few parts!!

****PART 3****
Armaan looked at Riddhima sleeping soundly with her head on his lap, her hands clutching his waist tightly. He gently stroked her hair. How could I be so mean to you Riddhima? I love you so very much and you were always such an angel. Look at me? I almost ruined your life. How could I just forget our love''.our''..time'..everything?

Silently crying Armaan looked at her sleeping. Gosh you still look the same. The same innocence, purity and freshness written all over your face. Nothing has changed, it's the same charm your carrying still which had blown me away on our very first unofficial date.

'Will go out on a coffee with me?'

Armaan looked at her waiting for a reaction. Looking at her blank face he spoke hurriedly.

'no no Riddhima I meant just as friends like we bonded so well today and the project was also quite a success to a little celebration lets say? For our new friendship and success?. We don't have much to do for tomorrow so if you're not in any hurry as such lets go '.what's say?'

Looking at his outstretched hand Riddhima smiled. His frankness had her impressed by him. Liking the sound of going out with him she agreed. It will atleast help me get away from my miserable thoughts for sometime she thought.

'Of course Armaan, definitely why not?'
She smiled graciously as he led her to parking area. As he opened held open the door of his Mercedes her smile faltered a little looking at the lavish car.

They drove in silence occasionally conversing politely. Riddhima felt uneasy again as he drove up to a plush looking caf'. After settling down he looked at her grinning.

'So what will your highness prefer??? Mind you I am not going to order any scotch for you?' He looked at grinning.

Expecting her to laugh out at the joke he looked at her shocked as a tear rolled down her eye.

'Ridz? What's wrong baby? Why are you crying? Did I hurt you or anything? Ridz?'

Riddhima looked at him in tears hearing the concern in his voice.

'Armaan I don't know what you must be thinking about me. After last night I mean. The state in which you found me I mean, I feel so embarrassed now.'

'Riddhima' Armaan addressed her softly. Taking hold of her hand over the table he continued.
'I am not thinking anything wrong about you baby. Look whatever happened you weren't in your senses and proper state of mind. And plus am glad you atleast let it out as you needed a friend last night. Trust me I feel glad to be sharing your burden. If you have to say anything more do tell me, am always there for you baby.'

'Armaan, I feel so indebted to you. Believe me I don't drink. I am not such a type of a gal. Its just that it was Mom's death anniversary and I felt so lonely and depressed and didn't have anyone. And saw the drink there'''..' Riddhima's voice trailed off.

'So you got on a high trying to get off your depression Riddhima?' Armaan looked at her sternly but with a gentle expression continued.

'Riddhima I agree that you were alone that time and went weak but now no more and never again. Promise me you wont even touch alcohol again? Whenever u need me I will be there for you. And even if is at the dead of the night I don't mind but you will not be going into depressions and finding solace in drinking ever again'

Riddhima looked at him stunned as he continued in a dominating manner. Never had anyone spoken with so much authority over her as he did.

'Riddhima imagine your mother would be so unhappy if she were to find you in that state. She isn't physically present but deep down you know she will always be there with you. You cant put her pride in you, her confidence you to shame by doing what you did right?'

Feeling fresh tears brewing in her eyes Riddhima nodded as Armaan got up and pulled the chair close to her.

'shhh sweetheart. Now stop crying. Lets make a fresh start ok. And this time you aren't alone. Am there with you right? '
Still gripping her hand he softly and gently kissed her palm and continued.

'When Armaan is here have no fear'

He pompously looked at her smiling as she giggled slowly.

'Ok now seriously what will you have Ridz? No vodkas, whiskies or beers   ok! 'Armaan added pinching her nose.

As they talked over their cup of coffee Riddhima found her self slowly relaxing. Not because of the environment but the company she was in.
He didn't allow a single dull moment to lapse between them. She didn't feel that she was talking to a stranger whom she had just met two days ago. He made her feel so completely at ease. She found herself willingly opening up to him. Within ah hour she thought she knew him since ages. They talked about everything. From the number of girlfriends Armaan had till now to Riddhima's childhood memories. And above all their common love for music.

As they winded their short little date Armaan called for the bill. As the waiter brought the bill Armaan saw Riddhima taking it before him and glancing at the amount. Putting it aside she swiftly opened her purse ad started to dig through it.

'What do you think your doing Ridz?' Armaan looked at her questioningly

'Armaan paying you half the amount obviously. We will dutch the bill right?'

'Keep quite Ridz, as if I will I am going to allow you to pay half. You really think I am not a gentleman enough?'

'no Armaan, your getting me wrong there, we are friends right then how can I allow you to you know'''..' she grabbed his hands and put a few dollars saying 'there you go, I wont allow you to pay the entire expense and its such a posh place. The bill is much more then what it would have been normally'

Annoyed Armaan gave his card and got up quickly as soon as the waiter came back the change. Indicating Riddhima to follow him he swiftly went out looking greatly annoyed. Looking at his sudden mood change Riddhima meekly followed him.

As he opened the car door Riddhima softly spoke.

'Armaan you need not drop me off, I will go by myself. It's really ok'

Looking at her rather fiercely he pushed her lightly into the car. As he steered the car along the roadway Riddhima glanced at him.

'Armaan? I am really sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I just wanted us to  share it equally and I am sorry not being able to do that too'

'Meaning?' Armaan looked at her confused

'Meaning Armaan I didn't give exact half, the thing is''.' Riddhima looked down fidgeting with her fingers

'Actually I didn't have that much cash and if I had given you everything then the remaining entire month ''..I will definitely pay you off once my next pay comes I promise, I work in the library in the university so whenever I get my dues I will''''

Listening to her Armaan stopped the car pulling it on the side.

Looking at her intensely he asked ' Do I mean nothing to you Riddhima? How can you even think I will ask you to give me or pay me half of any bill or something? I took you out at my expense and will continue doing so in future. So kindly keep your halves with you.'

'Armaan please don't take this pity on me. I don't want your sympathy. I know you must have guessed I cannot afford much hence this gesture but please Armaan I can afford for myself. If we ever go out we ought to dutch the expense I don't want you to be bearing my expenses. If I cannot afford I will not accompany you as its not the place I should be'

'Will you stop embarrassing me Riddhima?' Riddhima looked at him shocked.
'I mean how much more will you insult me and my friendship. I mean how much more will you mock at everything?'

Riddhima sat there stunned ' Armaan insult you? Not even in my dreams. Armaan what are you saying? How can you even say such a thing?'

'Then what do you expect me to say huh? Seriously tell me Riddhima don't I mean anything to you? One hand your calling me a friend and treating me as if I have been in your life forever and next minute you completely treat me as a stranger?'

'Armaan what are you saying? I am just asking you not to pity me ok. Where's the question of treating you as a stranger?'

Armaan looked at her rather fiercely and started the engine again. Driving rather at a high speed he didn't glance once at her face which clearly showed her worrying. She kept glancing at him every now and then.

As he stopped outside her lane she looked at him starring at the driveway purposely not even glancing at her.

'Armaan thankyou for everything. I am sorry Armaan. Please forgive me.' Riddhima muttered feeling her eyes swelling up.

'Riddhima' Looking at her glistening with tears Armaan's expression softened. Sighing he slowly wiped away the small tears and looked deeply at her.

'You don't have to be sorry Ridz. You did nothing wrong. I guess I am jerk to take it wrongly and not putting up myself before you properly. You took my friendly gesture as a pity and sympathy from my side? No Ridz I don't have any sympathy for you at all. I am very proud of you honey. I respect you and your opinion a lot. Trust me no pity or anything. Those things don't exist in our friendship. And I must not have given the fact even a thought that your not well off. Ofcourse I know you aren't. Does not mean I will pity you and make you feel inferior. I would hate the fact that you pay when your out with me and it's the same even if you were a millionaire's princess.'

Stunned by his words Riddhima looked at him in complete new light. Never had anyone been so caring, so frank and made her feel so special.

'Armaan I am sorry' She mumbled.

'No honey I will not forgive you'

Looking at him confused, as he smiled at her he continued 'you promise me there will be no more halves between us? Wherever we go and infact whenever we are together there will be no question of money ok?'

Looking at him smiling she nodded her head and opened the door only to find him pulling her back.

'There' Armaan put a few dollars in her hand and looked at her sternly.
'Don't you dare try giving me again or I you had it.' He said winking at her.

Giggling she got out to hear him call

'Be ready I will come to pick you up'

shocked Riddhima turned back
'No Armaan please no more favors, you are not coming to pick me up, no ways. I will come on my own'

Looking at her with a twinkle in his eye he spoke

' Dream on honey, I will do exactly as I please'

Saying so he drove off leaving her blushing a little she didn't know why.

As she locked the door of her house the next morning setting off to the university she stood there surprised as she saw him standing there holding the his Mercedes door open for her

Edited by jia.. - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jia.. thumbnail
****PART 4****

He looked at her snuggled up closely finally sleeping with all frowns slowly edging away from her forehead. He slowly put her beside him, her head now on the pillow and lay down beside her himself. pulling her close to him he placed her head on his chest holding her tight. Lightly kissing her forehead he still couldnt help but smile as he recollected her initial expressions when he came to pick her up the first time...................

She was stunned to see him standing there holding his Mercedes door open with a bright smile on his face.

'At your service madam' he said while stooping a little like a chauffer showing courteousness to his mistress.

Taken aback by what was happening in front of her, she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. 'Ouch' was the only word that came out of her mouth at that moment after her thin, long fingers grabbed a small portion of her soft delicate skin.

'Hello, I am here missy' Armaan said waving his hand. 'I've been waiting for you for the past 40 minutes you know''and all you've got to say is ouch to me?' He said sounding annoyed.

'Armaan, what are you doing here? I told you not to come to pick me up na' Riddhima said lightly with a muted shriek of frustration.

'Well honey, I told you last night that I'd come at 9 and here I am''9 sharp' he proudly smiled while pointing his Index finger to the right angle formed between the hour and minute hand of his watch.

'Please Armaan, its really sweet of you but I told you I don't need your favors. I can do things on my own and I really don't want you to take such pains for me. Thanks for that but I would catch a bus instead.'

'Oh come on Riddhima, we've become quite good friends now and I don't think there is anything wrong in picking you up. Its really not any trouble for me baby. That's what friends are for, isn't it?' his eyes sparkled.

'I know''.but''.' she dug her brain in search of words to make some sense.

'Stop thinking baby, you don't need to think for so long'..and that too for an issue as small as this.'

'Now madam, if you don't mind, would you please honor me by sitting in the car? Gosh''.you girls think so much' he said nodding his head randomly.

Seeing this, Riddhima couldn't stop herself from smiling. Noticing her smile, Armaan added 'Moreover, I don't mind picking and dropping you everyday. I can do with this as a full time job then, there's already a shortage of cabbie drivers here you know' and winked at her.

It was nearly 6 in the evening with the last lecture for the day almost finished. The day had been really long and tiring for both of them. Continuous lectures and practical sessions had left them feeling exhausted by the end of the day.

'So honey, you must be feeling tired by now na?' Armaan asked Riddhima.

'Oh Armaan, I am dead tired. I had never imagined that musical studies would require so much hard work. I wish someone just picks me up and lays me down on my bed without me having to catch a bus. And, on top of all that, I am so hungry. I haven't even had a chance to eat anything in the afternoon' She complained.

'Don't worry baby, I am there na. I'll drop you. Let's go' he calmly said.

'I can't Armaan, I've got work to do. Remember I told you about my job in the library, I have my duty there until 9 today' her voice trailed off with weariness.

'Oh come on, you are so tired already, how would you work at this hour? If you want, I can ask for a leave from the librarian?'

'No Armaan, thank you for your concern but I need to work there. I have my expenses to take care of and taking leave from work would increase my dues. You leave for your home na, you must be tired as well' she protested.

'Are you sure? I can wait for you if you want' Armaan asked with an expression filled with concern.

'No please, I am fine, really. Now, you go, I'll see you tomorrow' she insisted pointing to the car parking area.

Laying down all the returned books systematically on their respective shelves wasn't a very physically demanding job but the tiredness from the course lectures throughout the day was making Riddhima's body resign every now and then.

Juggling the final set of books on their relevant shelves with a sigh of relief, she headed towards the rear of the main counter to grab her belongings and leave for home.

'What are you doing here?' She was surprised to see Armaan standing there with his hands crossed over, taking the support of the corner of the wall and smiling with a dimple appearing on each of his cheeks.

Still not able to believe her eyes, she continued her investigation 'Didn't you go home Armaan? What are you doing here at this time? Have you been waiting here for so long, Oh my God! Why didn't you leave, why did you wait here?' She shot such questions at him like a series of bullets been released from a gun.

'Relax baby, take a deep breath before you run out of it' he said smiling.

Holding her shoulders softly, he continued 'I didn't want to leave you alone here at this time love and definitely not when you were so tired. What did you think that I'd leave you in such a condition? No ways.'

Riddhima was deeply touched by Armaan's gesture so much that she felt her eyes getting moist with tears. She had never been treated like that in her life before. After her mom's death, she had felt extremely lonely and was longing to be cared by someone. Feeling blessed to have got a friend like Armaan, she finally spoke up''

'Armaan, I really don't know how to thank you. You have been so kind towards me and look at me, I am not even able to thank you properly. I am sure I did some good deeds in my life to have got a friend as supportive and helpful as you. Thank you so much.'

'You don't need to thank me for everything Riddhima. Our friendship doesn't require formalities like these. I do all this because I feel like doing it, and I have never asked you to thank me in return. So, please stop embarrassing me and my friendship with your thankfulness and other appreciations. Now, can we leave for home madam, its late already.'

She felt so happy listening to Armaan's words that a smile automatically developed on her face 'Yeah, let's go.'

Balancing the car steering with his right hand, he grabbed a packet placed at the rear seat with his other hand, and passed it to Riddhima who was sitting beside him.

'There you go' he said facing her.

Riddhima was astonished to see the contents of the packet 'Armaan, this''.'

'You were feeling hungry na. So, I bought this for you' he explained with warm eyes.

Noticing the burgers and a packet of fries, she asked in a shocked as well as delighted tone 'Is this for me Armaan?'

'No, that packet of fries is for you and the burgers are for me' he smiled with dimples forming on his cheeks.

Following a chuckle, he said with an assuring smile 'Of course, its for you sweetheart.'

'Oh my God Armaan, you've done it again. How should I'..'

He immediately stopped her with his interruption 'Now, before you start your speech of thanks all over again, let me tell you that its not a big deal honey. I just grabbed these from the nearest Burger King. So, stop your favorite activity for the time being and eat it up before it turns cold.'

On listening to Armaan, she did nothing but smile. Noticing the smile on her face, he continued 'And baby, please don't swallow both the burgers. I know you are hungry, but I beg you to leave the other one for me. I am hungry too' and teased her only to be replied with a 'Shut up' from her side.

Stopping his Mercedes in front of Riddhima's house, Armaan got off from his car and moved to the other side to open his companion's door.

'Here is your destination madam' he bowed giving a warm smile.

Getting off the car, Riddhima softly asked 'Armaan, aren't you coming inside?'

'No Riddhima, I'll leave now. I just wanted to drop you off safely'

'You can't leave like that Armaan. First you picked me up in the morning and now, you went out of your way to drop me off. I am not that ungrateful to not even ask you to come inside' she declared.

'On top of that, you haven't even had your dinner yet. It was only me who was munching that burger all the way while you were occupied with driving. I won't let you go until you come inside and have your dinner' she grabbed his arm and pulled him in her direction.

'Okay baba, I'll come. Gosh'''.I am seeing you in a completely different avatar Riddhima' he said with an amused tone.

********************************************************************************************

'Will you have something to drink Armaan?' Riddhima asked as he took a bite of his burger leading a small piece of lettuce to fall freely on his plate.

'No, thanks' he replied without looking at his host, giving all his attention to the two pieces of bread fixed between his fingers.

Seeing Armaan busy with his meal, Ridhhima thought of breaking the silence 'Um'..Armaan, If you don't mind, May I ask you something?'

'Of course you can honey, go ahead with your Question answer session' he smiled.

Interlocking her fingers nervously, she gained all the courage to proceed 'Armaan, why are you so caring towards me? Please don't take me wrong but I don't get why you have are so kind and helpful to me. I mean why are you always nice to me..........Uh'.how do I put this up''.You always make me feel special and'''.you do even the smallest things for me.'

Hearing such words come out of Riddhima's mouth, Armaan felt like a shiver run down his spine. He sat there motionless with the piece of burger still in his mouth as if fixed with an adhesive.

Seeing the blank expression on his face, she fished out for words to make a better sense of what she was trying to say ' I mean'''.I hope you are not doing this out of pity after knowing my history. Its just that I haven't had anyone else in my life, not even a friend apart from my mother. She was the closest soul to me and getting to have a person as caring and friendly as you''..its something I never really dreamt of. I know you value our friendship and believe me I cherish this beautiful relationship too but I just want to know why a guy like you would be so considerate and supportive towards a girl like me? I hope you don't mind me asking that.'

Finally able to make some sense out of those words, he accelerated his chewing motion to digest his food that had been sitting in his mouth for the past few minutes. Taking hold of the glass of water standing beside his plate, he said with a composed voice 'Uhh'..Riddhima, this is something I have never told you before. In fact I haven't spoken to anyone about this but since you have asked me, I'll tell you why I am like this towards you.'

Tilting the water filled glass to let its contents fall in his dry throat, he consumed all the liquid inside it without leaving even a single drop to float in it. Placing the empty object back to its original position, he continued following a deep sigh 'I come from a very rich family Riddhima. I have been provided with almost everything from the day I was born. I have been given whatever I have asked for from the smallest to the biggest and the most unimaginable things. All my demands and wishes have been fulfilled with just a single mention of it'''always'''..but'''I still am not happy. Do you know why'''..because like you I have also not got the love of my parents''..never.'

Feeling his eyes moist, he went on 'My mother died when I was 5 years old, so I hardly have any memories of her in my mind. And my dad''..he has always been busy with his work''.so much that he never realized that he had a son as well. I was always handed to the caretakers to look after me. Watching other kids in school as their parents came to pick them up used to remind me of my loneliness at all the times, leaving me with nothing but pain. Most of the time of my childhood was spent in my room with no one around me to talk to or share my feelings with.'

'So on that day, when I got to know about your past, I saw a little of myself in you. I found your life very much similar to mine. The way you longed for love and support reminded me of my youth''.and I felt so much connected to you in that way' he felt his vocal pitch lower down as he mentioned about his upbringing.

'Oh'''I am really sorry Armaan. I shouldn't have asked you that' Riddhima felt guilty for bringing such a topic.

'Oh no, its not your fault at all. In fact its good you asked me about that' he said in a cheerful tone.

'So then, how come you are living alone now'''you aren't living with your dad now'..right?' she asked with an inquisitive look.

'Yeah, I left his house a few years ago. It was when I decided to pursue my career in music. I wanted him to be the first one to know about my decision of studying music. I was so excited to tell him about my intentions of becoming a good music composer but I was so wrong. The moment I told him about my interest, he asked me to leave his house''.He wanted me to leave music and join his business instead. So, I ultimately left him and his wealth....'..and I am so glad I did that' he said with a glitter forming in both his eyes.

Riddhima felt relieved listening to Armaan's story. She was so wrong to have doubted him to pity her 'This guy has experienced the same youth as you. He has felt the same pain as you have. He has also never got the love of his parents. At least, you had your ma with you but he, he never received the affection of his mother'''.He has been so kind to you and what have you done, reminded him of the sad times of his life. You should be ashamed of yourself Riddhima' she heard her conscience voicing its opinion.

Trying to correct her mistake, she softly spoke 'I am so sorry Armaan. I feel like an Idiot to have brought this topic into discussion. Please forgive me, I won't talk about it again, I promise. Let's change the topic.'

'No baby, you don't have to apologize for something you didn't do. Its not your mistake that my mom died and you definitely aren't responsible for my dad's lack of attention towards me. I rather feel pleased to have discussed this with you. I have never told about my past to anyone, not even my other friends. I guess you are the first person I have poured my heart to and I feel really happy about that, trust me. '

While talking to Riddhima, an unintentional glancing at the minute hand coinciding with the hour hand forced him to speak in a surprised tone 'Gosh, its midnight and I am still sitting here. I better leave now. I have been such a pain for you already, let me give you a break now' and smiled.

'Not at all Armaan, I had a great time talking to you. It's the first time I have had a proper one-on-one chat with you and I must say you are the greatest friend anyone can have in their life. You are a great person and I am glad to have you in my life. Thank you so much for everything.'

'Oh no, your speech of thanks has started again. Before it turns into a full fledged one, I would take your leave as I am really really tired' he said while pretending to yawn.

Seeing off Riddhima, he drove off the lane leaving a smile on her face from the beautiful evening she had with him.

'Dude, what all crap was it?'

'What the hell did you say up there, why didn't you tell the actual truth to her'..huh?' He found his mirror image sitting beside him posing all these questions at him as if attacking him in an interview.

'What truth, that was the truth only. I didn't lie to her, I told her about my past and how my life was similar to hers. What are you on about, huh?' He responded to his interviewer with a frustrated look.

'You know what I am talking about Armaan, that isn't the only reason why you care about her. That's not the only explanation of your concern towards her. Ask yourself, don't you like her'''don't you feel attracted towards her'''huh?'

Hearing those words echo in his ears, he tried to fight against them 'Uhhh''..what are you saying? That's bulls***, I respect her a lot and all this is out of concern. She is a very good friend of mine and I can do anything to make her happy.'

He saw his companion coming closer to him 'That's not true Armaan and you know that', it said pointing a finger towards him.

'Since day one, you have been attracted to her; first by her beauty and then by her polite and innocent nature. You can't fool me mister, I am a part of you only. You know you like her and the sooner you realize it, the better it would be. I can't believe you are behaving like a nutcase, why don't you accept the fact'''''Anyway, I'll leave you to make the decision yourself now''..See you later' With that, he noticed the image of his conscience disappear leaving him alone in his car.

Trying hard to concentrate on his driving, he felt those words disturb him all over again leaving him with nothing but a wondering, a big big wondering 'Do I like her, do I have feelings for her????.am I in love with her..............??

He felt a wide smile automatically developing on his face as he found the reply to all his queries, 'I think he was right''''I do like her, I do have feelings for her''''..Man''have i fallen in love with her?"

***PART 5***

He flung the keys over the table before sinking into his bed thinking of the events of the day and trying to make sense of his train of his chain of thoughts. He was startled by himself with the question he had popped to himself in the car.

"Do i love her? Am i in love with her??"

Armaan kept thinking to himself as he recalled his moments with her. He felt free and comfortable....unlike he ever felt when around with other girls. She was different. Simple, innocent and yet strong willed. It was her persona that drew him to her. She had her weak moments but she hadnt faltered once nor had she come and asked him to support her. She was fierce,independent and yet so very vulnerable from inside. When he had seen her at her weakest moments he was moved by the pain she had undergone and yet she wanted to fulfill her mother's dreams.

"Ahh i can just go on and on" he thought. "Why am i thinking so much about her. Ok now dont be silly and say you dont understand what is coming up. The plain fact is you're taking her to be more than just a friend .....you feel something more Armaan. She is special and its high time you accepted this glaring truth."

"She herself felt it too. You are treating her like that and pampering her so much. So dude, its clear....you're in it deep now." Armaan got up smiling as he flipped open his cell to see a picture of hers set as the wallpaper.....which he had taken when their project was declared to be the best one. She was smiling so very deeply and he felt he could just keep staring at her all night.

"Ok Armaan....she is special. Now lets see how deep your feelings are before making this obvious to her. I dont want to hurt her from my side. So mission Riddhima starts now from tomorrow." Armaan put his cell aside grinning as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"As if i hadn't started this mission from day one itself.....unknowingly atleast but still i did..........Armaan........man....you're in it now......"Armaan smiled as he hit his pillow lightly.

Riddhima tossed from from one side to another. She couldn't sleep at all. Again and again her interactions from the day with him kept flashing in her mind.. He had specified some solid reasons for him being so nice and treating her so specially. But did she believe it?? Well, he was telling her the truth no doubt but was it only that?? Was there something more??

Riddhima got up and sat hugging her knees. "No Riddhima there isnt anything more from his side.....maybe you wanted more." She frowned surprised by her own thoughts. "Maybe you wanted him to give a more special reason ....the reason why he is pampering you so much. Maybe you wanted him to say that...........say that.........nooo Riddhima.......he is just a friend. Don't get these feelings in between. What if you lose him........no i'll stop this here itself now...." thought Riddhima hitting the bed. As she closed her eyes she couldn't smile as the thought came to her mind. "What if he had said you were special?"

The next day Armaan was there to pick her up as usual. As Riddhima sat down closing the door Armaan noticed her smile deeply at him. He stared back suddenly finding an urge to just feel his arms around her........to run his hand over her face.....seeing her lips curl into a deeper smile. Riddhima looked at him staring and consciously shifted her weight a little away .....towards the door.

The movement zapped him back....and Armaan looked away feeling awkward. "What were you doing? Staring at her ofcourse.........remember mission Riddima?" he justified his actions to himself.

"Yes but now from where on earth did this mission involve staring at her  longingly and  looking like a  cracked up fool to her.....giving her awkward feelings?  No Armaan, thats not your mission.....come on man, you can do it...........................now will you stop thinking for so long and start the car........its been 10 minutes already.......you fool!"

As they drove away Armaan noticed her fumbling with her dress constantly. That is when he noticed her properly leaving him with no other option but to scrutinize her from head to toe. She was wearing a flowery printed summer halter neck dress that made her look all the more beautiful. It seemed she had taken some extra efforts to enhance her beauty..........enlightening her features. The light touches of the blush so clearly visible on her cheeks.......the natural shade of gloss making her lips look deadly appealing. "Gosh Armaan at this rate, you'll go crazy man............."

"Armaannnnn?"

Hearing her sudden scream, Armaan looked at her with a shocked expression.........

Wondering what made her scream, he questioned his actions to himself "What happened, why did she scream? Okay, i was staring at her........hmm.......Armaan control yourself. You're sounding like a desperate fellow now...................Gosh, what is wrong with me? N
ow why did she scream mannnnn? Wait.......i was looking at her.....so, maybe i dodged a car ahead or something..............naah shutup..........you're driving in one side lanes you idiot, where will traffic come from the opposite side.........hmm........or maybe I accelerated the speed..........what the hell is wrong with me?"

"Armaan?"

"Oh............sorry Riddhima, whats wrong?" Armaan looked ahead to check everything...........it all looked fine to him, the speed too........."Then what was the issue dude?" he wondered to himself.

"Armaan the pace at which you're driving............we will definitely reach the university by tomorrow!"

Riddhima chortled while Armaan looked ahead sheepishly to notice he was driving just in gear one past 20 minutes. Finally accelerating the speed, he looked straight ahead too embarrassed to even look at her.

It had been two weeks now and Riddhima and Armaan soon came to be known as the best compatible team. Despite having their fair share if arguments over issues they never seemed to falter in giving the best performance. Everyone was greatly impressed. Who would have expected the shy, introvert girl to pair up with the charming, flamboyant guy??

"So Riddhima and Armaan? You will be doing this right? Together? I want it to be brilliant.....seeing your performances so far. You make a good team. If you want i can assign you more members"
Mr Josh...their professor added while handing them a new assignment cum project. They were supposed to be doing it for an external company this time......if it turned out to be good then it would give both their grades and prestige a great kick.

"No Sir....we are fine..." Armaan nodded politely declining his offer for new members. He and Riddhima were just fine enough together.....a bit too fine enough he thought turning red slightly.

As they drove back home....Armaan noticed her sitting unusually quite.

"Riddhima? What's the matter?? "

"ummm nothing much its just that....." She looked at him listening earnestly to her.

"ya go on sweetheart...."

"Armaan i hope we pull through this project i mean....i am nervous...and..."

Armaan looked at her and smiled. Balancing the wheel with one hand and taking hold of her hand with his other he said

"We will Riddhima.....100% we will come out shining I promise."

Riddhima looked over at him sitting with his back against her leaning against the table. She glanced at the clock. It was way past
2 am in the morning and they were still working just like past 2 weeks where they had been following the same routine. After classes were done they would either sit back in the library and work or as later on they found it was more convenient and comfortable to just head back home to Riddhima's place. Working late night's everyday was definitely taking the toll but neither of them seemed to mind it too much.

It had not slipped out from Armaan's notice then whenever he was with her time just seemed to flow. He could just sit staring at her if nothing else. The two weeks had brought them pretty close in his opinion and he felt all more drawn towards her. The tiny feeling of being more then a friend towards her had grown to take a monster's form and now the slightest proximity with her had a tantalizing effect on him.

As he got up to call it quits for the day or rather night he felt as if someone had placed a ton on his eyes which were severely sleep derived. Giving out a slight yawn he closed his mouth consciously as he saw her approaching him.

"Armaan why don't you stay back for today?  You seem pretty tired and it's already way past 2 am, stay back."

Armaan looked at her almost opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish. She was asking him to stay over the night? Agreed they practically spent 15 together from the 24 hours in a day but asking him to stay over??

'No Riddhima I'll just get going '.agreed its too late and I feel I should be going hence. '

Saying so he got up intending to make his way towards the door only to be stopped by her voice.

' Armaan stay back it's really ok I mean we have to get going back in a few hours and you going back and coming here again makes no sense'..i don't mind it really I mean. Or wait are you fearful of staying back alone with me for the night?'

Riddhima looked at him mischievously as he turned around grinning and walked towards her.

'You read my mind sweetheart. Now you don't take for a fool to spend a night alone with you. A handsome guy like me'..from a '.from a '..'

'From a what Armaan?' Riddhima looked at him glaring as though forbidding to utter anymore, dare he say a word and he had it. Armaan read her expressions and chuckled.

On an instinct he moved forward'.closing on 'on her . as the distance decreased he could sense  the gradual change in her as the confident challenging look was replaced by a nervous, withdrawn and shy look. Smiling he edged still closer. Barely being an inch apart he moved forward as he heard her breath in sharply and whispered.

'Actually sweetheart isn't it you the one who should be fearing me?? Beautiful lass like yourself all alone with a guy like me. Hmm the night seems to be interesting now. I had better stay back.'

He pulled looking at the confusion on her face and a slight fear contract in her eyes as he grinned at her. She looked away not knowing how to react. His seductive tone aroused a thousand new feelings in her suddenly. It wasn't that she feared him, not in the least. She knew it was just teasing on his part to annoy her, bug her. She knew it didn't mean any of it at all'..but no the closeness, the proximity had just created a tingling feeling , a new sensation run through her.

Seeing her lost Armaan wiped the grin and spoke.

'Riddhima?  I was just kidding sweetheart. Don't tell me you took me seriously''ok if you feel like that I'll leave and'.'

'Armaan no I know you were joking I mean I trust you now come on'.you can'.'

'Ohhhh so you trust me'.cards are in my favour'.lucky you Armaan' Armaan spoke in a hush tone smiling at her and winked.

'Then what are we waiting for Riddhima? Tell me shall I hit '.i mean we hit the bed?'

Riddhima chuckled at his non-stop dosage of cheeky lines as she moved towards the bed'.picking up a pillow she placed it on the couch and started straightening the creases on the bed as Armaan approached her.

'Wow your getting the bed ready? Your toh even faster and eager then I thought you to be. '

'Armaan shut up will you??' Riddhima glared at him furiously.

'Ok shutting up. Now will you tell me what are you upto honey?'

'Getting the bed ready for you ofcourse and putting up mine on the couch'

'So you mean I will sleep here on the bed while you on the couch. Are you crazy Riddhima?'

'No Armaan you are my guest. And ofcourse you will be sleeping here on the bed and'''

'Riddhima stop this'.what guest and all crap you are talking?? Just keep quite and go to sleep now on the bed'

'But Armaan'

'No buts'.'

'Armaan'

'Riddhima now'..' Armaan grabbed her from her shoulders and pushed her gently on the bed. Switching of the lights he grinned at her and spoke in a soft voice.

'Goodnight honey'.do you want me to help you fall asleep? I can definitely make the night more interesting' Armaan moved forward taking hold of her hand only to snapped away and receive a thud on his back with a cushion.

'I made a mistake by asking you to stay over'..how silly of me' Riddhima muttered annoyingly.

Armaan got up quickly chuckling and walked away before falling prey to any more snaps from her. He sank on the uncomfortable couch, trying his best to adjust himself there.

Unable to make himself comfortable he got up. The moonlight had cast a silvery effect all over the room as it streamed through the window'.he saw her in a deep slumber as he softly approached the bed. The exhaustion was so very clearly visible on her face but it yet it looked ever so dainty and beautiful.

Sitting down beside her he raised his hand to gently put aside loose strands blocking his view but then realized that they were perfect that way too. Just few strands here and there also made him smile lightly and deeply.

Your beautiful sweetheart. He thought. And it's your persona that's pulling me towards you rather then your features trust me'.he thought. The innocent charm you carry has cast a deep spell and now I am''

Armaan looked at her frowning slightly as he took hold of her hand. Holding it close to his heart he whispered.

'I have fallen hopelessly for you now Riddhima. Earlier I thought it was infatuation or plain attraction '..you the same old 'More then friend's kinda feeling?' But now as I think about it'.its no longer a juvenile fascination. What I feel is much deeper and way past and above those feelings. I wish for you to remain with me for the rest of my life. Just as you are. I wish to give the world. And all this points out to just one plain truth'..that'..'

Kissing her hand ever so softly he whispered 'I love you Riddhima'

***PART 6***

"I love you Riddhima, really love you and want to give the world to you."

Armaan whispered gently stroking her hair .Looking at her frowning slightly as he took hold of her hand as he smiled.

He had never felt so strongly for anyone before. For years he had yearned for love and the much deserving attention that he had always been denied. He later unknowingly shunned away from any feelings that he felt fearing it would be snatched away and the rejection was unbearable. 

But Riddhima had managed to stir those same feelings he had shied away from and now that he saw her he knew she was the only one he could feel so for. Her persona had grown on him and besides the fact that he felt he could connect with her emotionally Armaan felt extremely protective about her and had some where at the back of his mind resolved never to allow a single tear trickle down those eyes.

Now that I know that its love I will not allow a frown even to appear on your face and will make you mine. Slightly gripping her hand he kissed it gently and whispered

"You will be mine Riddhima, only mine"

As the first few light rays peeped in she opened her eyes to see him slumped on the floor with his head on the couch looking highly uncomfortable. Getting up she went up to him and gently tapped his shoulder.

Waking up he saw her standing besides looking a little embarrassed seeing his much obvious discomfort.

"Armaan its still 5.30, quite early u can just go and lie down. I am so sorry for the discomfort. You should have slept on the bed. "

"Riddhima ? Again your sorry shop has opened? Come off it. It was the most peaceful sleep I ever had."

Armaan got up grinning at her. Rolling her eyes she walked away.

Following her to the tiny kitchen, as he noticed it was so extremely small that as he entered it seem to be filled up and crowded with just the two of them. As she handed him the steaming cup of coffee, he looked at her. She looked breathtaking even standing there just like that in a simple night gown fitting her curves perfectly.

Armaan you started early in the morning? He checked himself unbelievingly. Ok agreed she looks amazingly beautiful with the morning freshness just adorning her face even more but dude you need to take a chill-pill!

Tearing away his gaze unwillingly from her he looked around. It wasn?t the first time he was seeing her place and looking he felt guilty.

The sight of her place filled him with pity. Here he on one hand could buy another mansion at the snap of fingers and she?? You could barely call this place fit for a living. As a friend when he had seen it for the first time he was though filled with immense pity, he never had the guts to talk to her or even bring up this topic. That time was different and they didn?t even know each other. He knew he had no rights to comment on all this. She might feel humiliated or pitied upon.

Now that they had grown so close and now that the depth of his feelings had just grown with the span of time there was no way he wanted to see her living here like this?

How can I allow her to live in this place? Forget this dingy apartment, this colony, this area itself has a notorious reputation. I will have to talk to her about this.

Swallowing the cream he had just scoped up from the surface of his coffee, he put aside the cup and walked up to her, standing just behind her as the toast popped up from the toast maker.

She turned around suddenly making them both jump.

"Armaan? You scared me, what exactly are you up to?"

Grabbing the toast from her hand as she had barely just finished applying the butter.

"umm I'll have it without that extra fat mounds on it"

She looked disbelievingly at him as he put the piece in his mouth.

Looking at her stare at him in disbelief he spoke.........

"What? Dont tell me you're checking me out at this hour? Control yourself girl. I know I am smoking hot but Riddhima right now honestly!!"

"Will you shut up? Armaan how can you just keep flirting with me all day? "

"And night, correction Riddhima. Yesterday at 2am in the night also I was flirting I guess."

He winked at her as she looked at him furiously.

"Ok so sneaking up behind me like this is your style of flirting? Well done Mr Mallik, I didn't know you were so experienced in this field."

Riddhima picked up the next piece before he could grab it and quickly walked out , her head all high up. Seeing her action, Armaan grinned and followed her out .

"Arre listen I wanted to talk about something more serious."

"You and serious? Now that's a rare combination Armaan. I am surely blessed to have the opportunity to witness it."

Armaan shook his head and spoke.........

"Ok seriously Riddhima, listen up. Why don't you shift to a better place? I mean this place is like....and the area too...."

Riddhima looked at him a bit taken aback. Armaan saw her shocked expressions and hastily added," No no I mean that this is such place and i feel guilty that you should be staying here and...."

"Why do you feel guilty seeing me living here Armaan? I know I am not well off as you infact there can be no comparison in our status and i don't think you should feel sorry unless you are ashamed of being associated with me."

Riddhima added with her pitch increasing. Armaan looked at her shocked by her reaction. She was actually thinking that he was ashamed of being associated with her?

"Riddhima you got me all wrong baby. I just wanted to see you living off better. I felt really concerned for you, as a friend, that's all" Armaan added quickly.

Riddhima's expressions softened a bit hearing his tone. She felt her eyes moist suddenly as tears unknowingly made their way out. Turning away she closed her eyes not knowing why she was making herself look so weak in front of him.

Lightly placing a hand on her shoulder he mumbled "I am sorry sweetheart; I didn't mean to make you feel otherwise. It's that I cant see you like this and trust me I just wanted to make you feel that I am here for you. You don't need to suffer so much when I am by your side. Look at this place. It's hardly fit enough for anybody to live here and you don't need to.........

"Armaan don't others live here? I mean in this area, in such dingy atmosphere that you call? Aren't people living? Why are you calling this incapable of a habitat? There are so many staying here?" she said with a frustrated tone.

"Riddhimaaaaa, I don't care about others ok. You are special to me. I mean as my friend, I don't go and ask everyone in this locality to change their houses and areas. I care about you, do you get that? Hence, I am saying for your betterment ,I cant see you suffering so much or?"

Armaan came closer and spoke in a furious tone trying to prove his point. "How in the world am I to explain her that, that she is all that matters to me?And she is taking it all wrong" he sighed in frustration looking away.

"I am sorry" he mumbled in a softer tone. "Cant get you to see my point Riddhima?"

Looking at his face, Riddhima felt guilty for taking his care and concern in the wrong manner. She moved forward and lightly placed her hand on his cheek. Armaan looked at her surprised and taken aback by her gesture. He stood still not moving a bit afraid she might jerk back.

"I am sorry Armaan, I thought you were saying all this out of pity, all my life I struggled not to be pitied upon. I am what I am and I am proud of whatever I have. I don't need anyone's favors or anything. You thought so much is more then enough for me. Thank you so much Armaan and I am sorry?"

She barely whispered all this looking straight in his eyes. Armaan stared back unblinkingly as he found himself sinking deeper in her magic. She looked so enchanting he thought. Unable to hold himself back he pulled her into his arms.

Riddhima crashed into him overcome with shock. She felt his hands holding her from the waist possessively as she kept her hands down awkwardly unable to fathom what to do as he still held her. Feeling her hands moving up hugging him back she closed her eyes. It was an altogether a novel feeling. As she stood there in his arms she felt a strange chill creep up along her body and felt light goosebumps along her skin. He was affecting her.

Pulling back she lowered her eyes as she felt him stare at her intensely.

"I am sorry Riddhima" he spoke. "I won't allow this topic to come or crop up between us ever ever ever again" Holding his ears he looked at her with a small smile playing along his lips.

"You don't have to be sorry Armaan. You just said it out of concern. I am truly touched by your gesture today, really."

The curve playing along his lips increased as he lightly moved forward and before she knew it, he placed a small peck on her forehead and whispered.

"I know.........now get ready while I just hop back home and grab a pair of clothes. I'll just be back" He winked at her as he left her house closing the door behind him..........She kept standing there dazed by what had just happened.

Riddhima found it unusually difficult to concentrate today with him sitting beside her. No it wasn't the first time he was seated next to her.......but today, this closeness was tantalizing than ever. She felt her cheeks grow warm as she recollected the events of the morning and now even a slight brush of his fingers made her sit up straight and conscious.

She came out of her dreamy daze hearing Prof. John calling out her name. Jerking her attention back she glanced up at the professor.

"Riddhima, only for today as a change you will paired up with Kevin. His partner is absent and I want Armaan to help me instead."

Riddhima nodded smiling at Kevin. He had been their classmate and was pretty good enough. She stole a glance at Armaan and saw him looking highly disgruntled with the arrangements. As the class dispersed to the practical, he got up and strode off without a word leaving a shocked Riddhima behind.

Riddhima bid goodbye to Kevin as she stood at the main entrance. It had not been a very pleasant day without Armaan's presence and then whenever she saw him, he seemed in a very annoyed mood. She wondered why......

"Riddhimaa?" Kevin called her in a strong American accent. "If you don't mind I'll drop you home, its quite late you see?"

Riddhima smiled at his friendly gesture. She knew it was out of pure concern and that he wasn't hitting on her or she would made it out straight away.

"No, thanx a bunch Kevin, but I am sure Armaan must be on his way. He usually drops me off. My place is just in the way to his and soo......." Riddhima bit her lip glad to have supported the argument of Armaan dropping her home with the excuse that her place was in the way to his which wasn't true. It hadn't escaped her notice the very time he had dropped her that her place and his were in two different directions all together and that he would come all the way only to drop her off.

Not that she minded as his company was always a welcome she thought.

"Alright then I'll see you around?" She heard Kevin biding goodbye as he walked away. She barely acknowledged his parting as her eyes were looking around for Armaan.

"Glad you remembered that I come to drop you off." Riddhima breathed in sharply as she felt him whisper in her ear from behind.

"What do you mean Armaan?" She turned around to face him only to be greeted with a cold expression.

"I meant I am happy that you finally had time to recollect that I drop you off every day. Otherwise, seeing the new found friendship with Kevin I thought you might not recollect it you see."

Ridhhima looked at him dumbfolded. He was actually thinking that she and Kevin?

"Armaan do you even know what you're hinting at? He was just paired up with me today and talking casually doesn't imply anything more." Riddhima shot back getting furious.

"Where did I say there is something more? I just labeled it as new found friendship you see. Unless its something more from your side that you immediately thought and took it like that?" Armaan replied coldly as he now took hold of her hand and started moving forward.

"Where are you pulling me?" Riddhima practically hissed. She was amazed that he was the same guy she had known since so many days. The change in his behavior was drastic. She failed to understand what had gone wrong.

"I am driving you home Riddhima........whether you like it or not?"

Riddhima sat down beside him shocked to react. He had actually gripped her arm and pulled her to the car?? She looked at him as he started the car in silence.

"Armaan is there something wrong?" Riddhima looked at him feeling concerned.

"No!" Came a curt reply.

"Then Armaan why are you behaving like this? What wrong have I done?"

"No you haven't done anything Riddhima?"

Riddhima tried again "Atleast tell me what is bothering you?"

"Nothing at all."

Fed up of getting those curt replies she looked outside the fast images blurring past as he drove and felt her eyes swell up as she couldn't fathom what wrong she had done.

"So did you enjoy your day with Kevin?" Armaan asked her with a hint of sarcasm clearly visible in his voice.

Riddhima looked at him feeling a tear roll down her eye. She looked away choosing not to respond.

"So you didn't tell me Riddhima how was it hitting on a new guy?" Armaan grabbed her to face him as she winced with pain at the sudden gesture of his.

"Leave me Armaan and stop the car. Am getting off right here."

Armaan let go of her hearing the pain in her voice and looked straight.

"I said stop the car Armaan?" She ordered yet again.

Armaan just merely stepped up the gas peddle making it obvious that her plea had fallen on deaf ears.

Riddhima sat there unable to digest whatever was happening. He had actually made a grab at her. Shaking her head feeling tears rolling down she made a mental note to keep away from him.

As the car came to a halt she stepped out immediately only to be pulled back. Looking at him stonily she spoke "Armaan dare you hurt me again and I............."

He let go of her lowering his gaze and mumbled.

"Riddhima I am sorry........." He whispered.

Looking at his expression she sat back closing the door again facing him.

"I am sorry Riddhima?..I just don't know what took over me. When........when you weren't with me and I saw you with Kevin..........I........I..... Armaan muttered looking up seeing tears in her eyes.

"Sorry for being such a jerk Riddhima. I guess I got overly possessive..............its my nature I am sorry for being so harsh and making you a victim. Please forgive me?"

Riddhima's expressions softened as she saw him clearly ashamed of what had conspired. Placing her hand softly on his she spoke.

"Armaan its ok........but promise me you wont repeat this........he is just a friend and definitely not more important than you Armaan. I am sorry if I made you feel ignored..............it was just that........"

"Shhh.......... you needn't give me any explanations baby. Its all my fault, I reacted in such a brutal way. I am sorry" He mumbled.

"Its ok Armaan."

"So you have forgiven me honey?" He smiled looking hopefully at her.

"Yes"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Armaan"

"100%"

"Yes Armaan forgiven you"

"So that means you wont be meeting that Kevin again right? Even if you're paired up with him say you're not well. I cant have any other guy being with......."

"Armaannnnn?" Riddhima smacked him playfully as he lightly took hold of her hand and held it close to him.

Riddhima instantly became conscious as she saw him holding her hand uncomfortably close. She felt the same strange unknown thrill creeping up.

Seeing her tear strained face Armaan moved his free hand towards her face to brush away the tears and gently tucked her hair beneath her ear as she lightly gasped feeling the tension build up.

"Riddhima I am really sorry for reacting the way I did. I don't know.........i am very possessive by nature which you must have noticed I believe but.........but seeing you with Kevin all day.I don't know it kind of made me mad. I know I have no right to interfere or dictate you or your life but.......i felt like just grabbing you away. Ofcourse it was natural I guess seeing another guy with the woman I love?????"

Armaan stopped biting his tongue. Riddhima looked at him shell shocked. She let go of his hand at that instant and continued to stare at him.

"What did you just say Armaan?"

"Nothing Riddhima? Its nothing? Umm.......your getting late.......I'll see you around in the morning baby?"

"Armaan don't lie? What did you just say?" She repeated emphasizing her words. Her tone was clearly high pitched.

"I said it was natural for any guy to react the way I did on seeing the woman he loves with another guy" Armaan mumbled meeting her gaze.

"The woman he loves?" Riddhima felt her insides churn as the words echoed in her ears. "That means...........that he?"

"I love you Riddhima.............its been coming since when. Trust me its not attraction that I have. I have already crossed all of that. Its only love.

"When I see you smile, I feel my eyes light up. Just seeing you itself makes my day. I just cant explain this feeling Riddhima.........Its just.........but its love I can assure you."

He looked at her awaiting her reaction.

"I am sorry but I cannot just live with the term of being just friends with you Riddhima as its much more than that......and......."

He looked at her staring at him. She blinked and lowered her eyes.

"Its ok Riddhima if you don't feel the way I do but please don't leave me. I wont allow my feelings to interfere in our relationship, I promise. I will wait till you yourself feel the same. And, even if it doesn't come, I'll still wait. I am sure the day will come soon."

Armaan added bravely now weary of her reaction.

"Armaan? I don't know what to say. I......"

"Don't say anything Riddhima" he added simply.

"You don't need to say a thing. I understand and if you don't feel the way I do still.........I understand."

"Armaan, its not that. I need time to think." She looked up meeting his gaze.

"Riddhima you have all my time in the world and......"

"Armaan thank you. I.......I need time. So sorry........" She stammered.

Abruptly opening the door she got off the car.

"Goodnight Armaan."

She waved back closing the door behind her leaving Armaan looking at her hoping he hadn't taken a wrong turn by pouring out his feelings.

As he held her close listening to her breathing still erratically  he closed his eyes pulling her closer still. " I need time Armaan" those words still echoed in his ears, the time he had confessed his feelings to her. She had looked so very taken aback by his words and her stunned expressions still brought a smile on his face.

Opening his eyes he looked down at her snuggled up close. Kissing her forehead lightly he whispered.

"I will bring my Riddhima ."

jia.. thumbnail
***PART 7***

He glanced at the hands showing 5 am....in the alarm clock on the bedside table. It would be morning now....it was infact but still sometime to go for the sun to rise. He glanced at her sleeping soundly finally holding him.

He gently stroked her hair and stared at her. What would she do when she gets up? He shuddered thinking of various possibilities. No i wont allow her to do anything like that. She will have to hear me out he decided...I will make her understand me through my love....will take away her pain with my love.....I cant live without her....not even a second....forget a day....that one day...when she ignored me....was enough to last me a lifetime.

Pushing the door open with a squeaking sound, she made her way inside her house at a snail's pace. Throwing her bag with a significant amount of force on the wooden table, she rested her lower body on the chair placed beside it sighing deeply, making it echo in the small but empty room.

Engrossed in the incident that happened a few minutes ago, she could only and only think of Armaan's words that had seemed to engrave in her mind like a stamp.

'I love you Riddhima.............its been coming since when. Trust me its not attraction that I have. Its only love. When I see you smile, I feel my eyes light up. Just seeing you itself makes my day. I just can't explain this feeling Riddhima.........Its just.........but its love I can assure you.'

'Its love I can assure you..'''I love you Riddhima''''..I love you'

Those words were making their way back in her mind every now and then as if trying to hypnotize her. They seemed adamant not to go away until she gave them a thought''''a deep thought.

'Did he really mean that? Does he really love me?' She asked herself with an enquiring tone.

'Of course he loves you Riddhima, the guy just poured out his feelings to you and you are still doubtful about them' came a brisk reply from her within.

'But, how can he love me, he barely knows me. We have been together for like what'''.a few months''''.that's it? And, he has already started loving me'''..? No, that can't be possible.'

'Why can't it be possible, you tell me, don't you hold something for him? Don't you feel something towards him''''say Riddhima'''.say.'

'Nooooooooooo, I can't' she blurted out with frustration. The river of tears had already started flowing off her eyes. Wiping off the watery droplets from her chin to control herself, she continued gasping a deep breath.

'I can't feel something for him'''..I just can't. It can't work out between us. We are like north and south poles.' She said while gasping another breath.

'He comes from a very rich family. All his life, he has been given whatever he has asked for no matter how small or big it was. And, I'''..I don't even have a proper place to live. This place''''even though I did call it a normal place the other day'''..even though, I did argue with Armaan about the normality of this area'.'''.I know deep down that this can't even be regarded as a humanly environment to live. I can't change the fact that I am poor and I have no right to be associated with a man who deserves someone of his class'''..someone who comes from the same background as him'''''.someone who deserves him. I know all this sounds clich'd but I do not deserve him.'

'So, do you want to lose a guy who loves you madly just because he is rich and you aren't? What is his fault if he is rich''...he is still human? Doesn't he have the right to love someone''''even if she doesn't belong to as you call it the 'same society'?'

'No, I can't love him. I have ma's dreams to fulfill, I need to make her proud''''I need to work on my career''''I need to make a stand of my own. I can't fall for love''''..I can't fall for him, I just can't'''''and, the way he behaved with me today''''.what was that'''''his possessiveness'''''..I can't stand that'''..I can't''''''

'Stop talking rubbish Riddhima, you are making excuses now and trying to run away from your feelings. You know that anyone in his place would have felt like that, anyone would have felt jealous seeing their love with someone else''''..anyone's heart would have broken and his was no different. Why don't you understand that'''''see it from his perspective as well.'

'I know it wasn't his fault'''''I know he wasn't wrong but this is also true that we can't be together. We just can't''''''' Saying so, she lied down on the bed with folded hands and placed them under her head in order to support it. Closing her water filled eyes making the tears which had been colorized with the mascara fall on the pillow, she consciously made an effort to fall asleep and get away from all those worries.

********************************************************************************************

Seeing the lecturer talk about 'electronic sounds', she swiftly made her way inside the class room and occupied the vacant chair beside 'Anna', her classmate. She had noticed Armaan's shocked expressions when she passed off him. She could witness the alarming look on his face on seeing her sit with someone else and not him.

Sitting together almost everyday had become quite normal for both of them. It had become their habit to sit beside each other so much that even their friends and other classmates knew about it. Everyone expected them to be with each other not only in the classroom but throughout the university and it had surprised some if not all about Riddhima's actions today. Some including Anna had raised eyebrows on seeing the change.

Placing the notebook on the desk, she opened her biro to start writing the notes. Noticing Armaan glance at her, she felt her hands tremble. His intense gaze was bringing back all the memories of last night, those happenings were starting to trouble her all over again. In order to stop herself from breaking down, she quickly lowered her gaze and started scribbling in her book. All she could think of at that moment was to find a way of ignoring him. His presence was making her uncomfortable. Seeing his face filled with all sorts of questions was making her feel nervous. They were bothering her so much that she couldn't even concentrate on what the lecturer was saying. 

Making a mental note of not raising her gaze, she kept staring her book. Being unable to stop herself, she raised her eyes every now and then, and noticed him sitting with an expression filled with pain and confusion. He looked tensed and she could feel his state. She could see what he was going through and she knew that it wasn't his fault. At the back of her mind, she did feel sorry for him, but at the same time, she wanted to maintain distance from him. That's what she thought would be best for both of them; to stay away from each other.

Hearing the lecturer conclude his talk, she hurriedly closed her book and placed it in her bag. Raising herself from the chair in order to head towards the exit, she heard Armaan call from behind.

'Riddhima'

Scared of facing him, she closed her eyes with a sigh. This was the moment she wanted to run away from; facing him was what she had been apprehensive about. Opening her eyes, she turned around with a blank expression.

'Riddhima, is everything alright?' she heard his voice.

'Oh'''.hi Armaan. Yes, of course everything's fine.' She said with a quivering voice, trying her best to hide it from him.

'No, I just thought something was wrong. You seem different today. Anyway, do you want to go to the canteen? Let's have something to eat.'

'Uhh''.no, thanks Armaan. I have some work to do. I would instead go to the computer lab and finish it off. See you later in the class' She hurried off the room without looking back leaving him astounded with her behavior.

It was 8 in the evening when their final lecture finished. Making sure he didn't lose track of her, he accelerated his motion to catch hold of her.

'Hey Riddhima, going home and that too without me? Come, I'll drop you off.'

'Uhhh''.its okay Armaan, I have to go for work now. You go home, I'll go myself.'

'But, its Wednesday today and you never work on Wednesdays. How come you are working today?'

Fishing out for some excuse, she ran her thoughts in all directions to get something sensible and believable to sound. 'Uhhh''''actually, I got this call from the librarian about today's duty, she wasn't well so she swapped my turn for today instead. You don't worry please, go home. I'll go back myself.'

'Are you sure Riddhima, I can wait for you. It is fine for me, plus its really really late.'

'No Armaan, go home. I said I am fine. I am not a child to be dependent on you for picking and dropping me off. Go back now.' With that, she turned around in the direction of the library feeling disgusted with herself for behaving like that. She could imagine Armaan's expressions even though she didn't get the time to notice his face due to the sudden chain of actions that took place. Speeding up her steps to lose his sight as soon as possible, she took a right turn towards the library.

'That was so mean Riddhima. Why did you lie to him, you don't have any work today, nobody called you for today's duty and yet you lied? Why did you make that excuse'''''why?' She had expected her conscience to raise such questions to her.

'Please don't ask me anything...............I didn't know what to do' she said in a justifying tone.

'What the hell do you mean you didn't know what to do. That guy always goes out of his way to help you. He is always nice to you and you'''.you are being such a b**** to him just because he confessed his feelings to you?'

'I am sorry but I can't behave normally with him now'''..especially after what he said to me last night.'

'Oh come on Riddhima, you know that isn't true. He loves you'''''he loves you madly'''''''and so do you''''''..'

Hearing those words made her feel as if a thunder struck her.

'I am not joking Riddhima. You do like him, don't you?'

'Please don't start that again. I told you last night that it isn't true. I don't hold any feelings for him. He doesn't have any importance in my life''''.he doesn't.'

'Oh really? If that's the case then why does it affect you so much when he isn't around you? Why do you miss him when you are not with him? Why does it make you happy when he does even the smallest things for you? Why do you wait for him to pick and drop you off? Why do you put extra efforts to look nice to him? Why Riddhima?'

'Even on that day when you were working with Kevin, why were your eyes searching for Armaan? All day you kept thinking about him''.why? Why didn't you let Kevin drop you off? Why Riddhima? I have so many examples that signify your love towards him''''''.so many'''''''.and yet you say you don't feel anything for him. Accept the fact Riddhima'''''accept it before it gets late.'

Each of those words had made her quiver, deep down inside, she knew it was all true. She knew it wasn't wrong yet she was trying to go against the truth. Those questions had almost left her in loss of words, she didn't know what to do, she didn't know what to say'''''all she could do was stay quiet.

Getting off the bus, she made her way towards her street. Progressing steadily in the direction of her house, she noticed him standing there with his head facing the ground, taking support of the faded wall with his right leg while extending the other leg to maintain his balance.

Perceiving her shadow form on the ground, he raised his head and moved forward showing his acknowledgement.

'Armaan''''.what are you doing here?' She was surprised to see him there at this hour.

'I came to talk to you Riddhima. What's wrong with you? Why are you behaving in such a way with me?'

'Armaan please go away, I don't want to talk about anything.'

'I won't go away without your answer. Why are you ignoring me like that? Why aren't you even talking to me properly? You have to tell me Riddhima.'

'Armaan'''''I said go back. Leave me alone please. I don't want to talk about it.'

'No Riddhima''''''I said I won't go without sorting this issue today itself. Is it because I told you what I feel about you?'

Riddhima felt her eyes moist hearing a mere reference to the talk about the last night. She felt all those emotions building up which she had kept inside her.

'There is nothing like that''...nothing Armaan.'

'You are lying now''''the fact is that you are ignoring me. And, I can't bare this behavior coming from you. I can't see you stealing glances from me, I can't tolerate this air of awkwardness between us Riddhima.'

Without letting him finish off what he had to say, she started heading towards the door. Seeing her inconsiderate mannerisms, he promptly reached for her with eyes full of anger and gripped her tightly pinning her against the door.

'What do you think of yourself huh? I have been telling you what I feel about you and you'''.you are behaving like that with me?' He gripped her tighter through her shoulders making her scream out of pain.

'Ahhhhh''leave me Armaan. Its hurting me.' She said in a painful tone trying to release herself from his hands.

'What about my pain Riddhima? What about the pain you have given me? I have been suffering all this time thinking about you'''thinking what wrong I did''''thinking how to explain to you how much I love you.'

She could see the pain his eyes, all his sufferings were clearly visible to her. His eyes showed her what he felt for her and how much he was ready to do for her.

'Tell me Riddhima, don't you feel anything for me? You have to tell me today'''.Enough of running around, you have to tell what you feel for me. I won't let you play with me like that, tell me. Don't you feel attracted to me?'

Swallowing the saliva that had built up in her throat, she opened her mouth to reply to him in a determined manner.

'No, I don't feel anything for you''''''.'

Hearing that, he flexed her hand and twisted it while repeating the same question. 'That's a lie Riddhima. Don't you feel attracted to me? Don't you like me? Tell me''''.don't you love me?'

'Ahhhhh'''''.leave me Armaan. You are not in your senses. You are not realizing how much pain you are giving me. I said leave me.'

'I won't leave you until you accept what you feel for me. I know you like me, I know you feel attracted to me. I know you love me'''.you do love me Riddhima, why don't you say it?'

The high intensity of the moment didn't let her realize when the tears had made their way off her eyes. Taking all the mascara along them making her face look as if taken from a black and white movie, they were flowing at a very high speed, so much that she couldn't stop them even if she tried her level best. She couldn't understand which pain was hurting her more, the physical pain or the emotional one, which she had been trying to hide for sometime now.

Seeing her cry, Armaan immediately released her out of his grip and looked her in a state of shock as if realizing what he had been up to only now.

'I am so sorry Riddhima. Please don't cry. I don't know what got over me. I love you so much and I just can't seem to explain you how deep my feelings are for you. I don't know how to make you understand how much I love you. Seeing you ignore me like this isn't easy for me, trust me. I have been longing to talk to you all day today and seeing your ignorance has been the most severe thing on me. Please don't punish me like that. Please.'

Seeing her sobbing without saying anything, he continued.

'I don't know how to make you fall in love with me damn it'''If you don't want to talk to me'''.fine'''..I won't bother you but at least don't ignore me like that.'

Without getting a response yet again, he said with a shriek of frustration 'Alright, you don't want to say anything, I will leave you''''..happy? I am going Riddhima''''..I won't bother you from now on''''..don't worry I will stay away from you even though I love you a lot and mark my words, no one can love you this much'''''no one Riddhima''..'

Twirling around, he headed towards his car; tears rolling down his cheeks coming from the rejection from the very own person he loved the most. He felt his world falling apart. Unable to bare the shock, he somehow managed to reach his car and opened his door when he heard her say''.

'I love you''''''..I love you Armaan'''''I love you.'

***PART 8***

"I love you Armaan"

These words were still ringing fresh in his ears. He recalled how stunned and taken aback he was himself when he heard those words from her. She stood there whispering what he wanted to hear, those three words that his heart ached to hear. And, when the moment arrived he was too stunned to even react. As she shifted her weight a little edging away from him, he pulled her back again and looked at her.

" Riddhima please say that once more? I want to revive that moment when you confessed all over again. Our moment.......

"I love you Armaan"

She whispered looking at him stopping in his track, his hand still on the door knob of his car. She waited as the stillness of the night fell between them and saw him still with his back facing her.

"I love you" she whispered again feeling silent tears flowing down as she quickly wiped them to find her thumb smudged black as the mascara accompanied her tears leaving traces on her cheek.

Armaan felt his heart go still as her words echoed in his ears. He couldn't believe them. Did she just say that? He turned around his hand leaving the door knob. She was there standing looking at him. He felt his feet taking him towards her. As he closed the distance between them, he found her standing still with a fresh wave of tears brimming down her eyes.

"What did you just say?" he spoke his voice barely audible. Riddhima continued to stare at him as he stood barely an inch away from her. "What did you say?" his tone was even softer than before.

She gazed into his eyes, the intensity boring from them made her feel weak.

"I love you"

She whispered looking into those deep grey eyes. She found herself spellbound as if he had hypnotized her.

"Armaan I ...."

"Shhhh"

He placed his finger softly on her lips allowing it to linger, tracing it from the upper lip to the lower lip. Riddhima felt herself shiver as she felt his slight touch on her lips. She felt him suddenly lift her hand and opened her eyes to see him lightly kissing her wrist. She shuddered as his lips brushed against her skin.

The sweet sensation that the touch of his lips initiated was replaced by a sting causing her to shudder as she realized it was the same hand he had twisted a few minutes ago. Seeing her shudder he looked away up to see the small frown on her face, her eyes still closed. He gently blew holding her hand close to him trying to ease out the pain he had inflicted.

She opened her eyes to see him blowing gently and then covering it with his lips again. Raising her hand she lightly placed it on his cheek causing him to look up momentarily.

"I love you Armaan" she whispered yet again.

"I love you too Riddhima...." Armaan responded this time only to look at her hand, at the reddish mark on her skin. Fingering it lightly with his other hand, he spoke.

"I am sorry Riddhima, I didn't mean this to happen. I don't know what came over me and......"

"Shhhh......." Riddhima placed her finger on his lip causing him to look up at her. Seeing silent tears brewing and threatening to spill again, he cupped her face in his palm

Cupping her face in his, he thumbed away the traces of tears along her cheeks as she looked straight into his eyes. He buried his head into the thick locks of her hair as he pulled her into a tight embrace. Feeling his arms around her Riddhima closed her eyes as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I love you so much Riddhima" he whispered.

Feeling her arms around his waist and her head on his shoulder, he smiled. Hearing the soft sniff still coming, he gently stroked her back. She stiffened at his touch. The slightly cool breeze flowing through the night added to the shivers that ran through her. Feeling goosebumps rising slightly on her skin, Riddhima pulled out of the hug unable to take new sensations now throbbing through each pulse.

Armaan smiled deeply as he held her still. She lowered her eyes as he took hold of her hand again and looked at the sore skin. Kissing it lightly, he suddenly interlocked his fingers with hers and went up to her door tagging her behind him.

Opening the door, he wordlessly entered. Once in he asked. "Where is the first aid?" Riddhima who was thoroughly confused by his actions now saw the light and quickly spoke. "Armaan you don't have to seriously do this. Its just a little peel off; the skin will wear off and...."

"Shut up" was the curt reply she immediately got.

Turning hersef away, she tried her best to look annoyed. But Armaan was too busy to notice her pouting angrily. As he gently applied the ointment sitting next to her on the couch, he kept blowing softly.

"I am sorry" he whispered trailing the reddish mark.

"Armaan its really...."

He looked up to see her gazing at him with the love he craved to see in her eyes for such a long time. Gently blowing though unnecessarily on the fading red colour, he muttered "No it isn't. I behaved like a complete idiot and...."

"Armaan you didn't. Please stop blaming yourself. Had it not been for that, i would have never ever come around and..."

Riddhima stopped midway not knowing how to frame the next.

"And told me you love me?" Armaan whispered now smiling as he interlocked his fingers with hers holding her hand close to him.

"So that implies that whenever I want you to say something I will have to force my way like this?" Armaan grinned mischievously as she laughed.

"No I don't mind that sweetheart but just keep 2-3 tubes of this ointment ready."

He laughed as she hit him on the shoulder. Placing her head on his arm she felt a content as though she never felt more peaceful all her life.

"Armaan, I still can't believe this...........that we.......... I mean...I ...you.." Riddhima felt herself pulled closer

Riddhima felt herself being pulled closer as he slid his arm around her waist. He took hold of her other hand and held it close to him. The extreme closeness was getting on her and suddenly she felt herself feeling nervous and all the more conscious. His grip on her waist suddenly made her shiver. She looked up to see him staring at her. Unlocking his hand from hers, he brought it up to her face and lightly caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.

"I love you so much" he whispered again as he gently brushed his lips against her cheek. Kissing her forehead he gently trailed down to her nose. He felt her hand around his waist as his lips lingered over hers. He saw her eyes lowered down as he softly kissed her cheek. She was now completely under his spell as he gently blew away the strands away from her face. Unable to hold back, he bent closer still to feel her arm around his waist stiffen.

He suddenly looked up at her and pulled back. "OMG what was I doing" he wondered. "She just confessed after so much of persuasion and I? She might get drifted right away and not realize but what if later? Later she might regret it....or think otherwise. I shouldn't take things so fast. She needs time and I......?" He got up abruptly thinking ....and didn't think he could meet her in the eye now.

Riddhima looked at him zapped. What was wrong?? He took her to an entire new world of fantasy and then dropped her with a hard bang? Had she put him off....or...maybe....

"Armaan?" She got up after him as he went to the door.

He saw her standing behind him and turned towards her. Placing a light peck on her forehead he looked at her guiltily.

"I am sorry sweetheart" he looked and spoke to her.

"Love you....goodnight" He walked out leaving a stunned Riddhima behind.

As the door closed, she stood still trying to comprehend what had just happened. She saw him at the door again.

"Umm...........forgot to tell you that tomorrow as usual 9 am sharp I'll be here, be ready, we have John's class tomorrow so better to be on time and yea....am sorry for whatever happened. I didn't mean to make you feel......."

Leaving an awkward silence, he trooped off closing the door behind him.

Armaan smiled through the darkness as he recollected their awkwardness that night. It was their first close moment ever and he had lost control practically the very first time. Silently smirking at himself he thought....man what impression would I have left on her had i not taken control....he turned to her side gently.....his grin vanishing as he saw her tear strained face again. I wish I had taken control over other matters too....he thought....then you would have never had undergone this.....he thought cursing himself........

***PART 9***

How I wish I had taken control over everything Riddhima he thought.
You kept supporting me and never lost hope and I.....I pushed you to the wall.You had so much of trust in me and I......
Armaan felt tears brimming in his own eyes....he had been awake the whole night and tired though his eyes looked they refused to close...
It was as if he just couldn't close them...seeing the sight beside him.

"Will you ever trust me again as you did?" he whispered looking at her.
"You trusted me the most naa....I wish I could build up the same trust all over again" Armaan spoke softly as he recollected the immense trust that she had always shown in him....
He smiled as he remembered her telling him later what exactly her reactions were after he left that night leaving an awkward silence.........

She sat on the bed...dazed ..... the entire events of the evening came flashing back. He loves me.....the passion in his eyes....the way he held her...he must have felt it too she guessed but then what now. He backed away so abruptly....knowing very well I was way too lost in him to think, he could have easily just.....he obviously knew she had no control and that moment she would have just responded fueling his passion....then why this backoff? He knew I was in no control of myself.....still...as she kept going over this it dawned....he had backed off....for her. He knew she wasn't going to stop him but he didn't want to take an advantage.

Her love touched new heights suddenly as she connected all pieces together right from the moment he stood up. The guilt, the sober look, the slight regret, his sorry, the kiss on the forehead and then again his humble apology which had left her baffled now made sense to her.

Lying back on the flattened pillow she pulled up the covers smiling to herself.

"I love you Armaan" she whispered through the darkness.

As she had expected, he was there ....today too...........wearing a white Tee with casual jeans and glares on. He looked amazingly handsome even dressed as casual as possible and Riddhima blushed as she found herself noticing his features more closely than ever today as she walked up to the car. They sat down and he merely just looked at her welcoming her with a lame "Hello sweetheart"

They drove in silence ...........an awkward one as Armaan was still living and turning over last night's events again in his mind. He thought he couldn't even meet her gaze now. As he parked the car in the parking lot, he turned to see her staring at him as she suddenly placed her hand on his cheek gently.

"Armaan" she spoke softly. "You don't need to be sorry for anything ok?"

Saying so, she gently kissed his cheek catching him by surprise and whispered........"I love you".

He smiled as she got out quickly and mouthed "I love you too baby".

Riddhima sat back with a sigh closing her eyes feeling the cool air on her face as he smiled looking at her. She smiled back as she felt her hand move on the gear under his as he changed it.

It had been over two weeks since she had told him she loved him and life had never been more pleasant. Infact she now came to actually realize what he was in her life. He breathed life in her. His each gesture be it small lit up herself and he managed to make her fall for him each moment by being just himself without putting any extra effort in doing so. They had been the best ever moments of her life with him by her side. His mere presence made her smile.

And now, they were off to Seattle.........on the outskirts of Chicago. Their earlier presentation and work on the assigned project had impressed the professors to a great extent and it had actually been forwarded to the associating company and they were off to present their skills there as a part of their project. Both had looked at each pleased as Prof. John had informed them about their two day trip they had to take for the cause. Armaan felt like jumping with glee with the very thought of being all alone with her without any interference and have her all by himself...........as though he didn't hover around her 24*7.

But, he loathed her giving her attention to anyone else in his presence a fact which hadn't gone unnoticed by Riddhima. From the past two and half weeks of extreme closeness with him, she had noticed him to be dominating and a little overly possessive about her. He would keep hovering around her whenever she were talking to anyone else besides him and she was taken aback when he had glowered on her and not spoken to her all the way back home just because she had nominated to help out Frank, her classmate on through the course.

"I don't like them eyeing you" he would argue.

"But Armaan its just out of mere friendliness. Just because I talk to someone doesn't mean my love for you has lessened" She would argue back defending herself.

He would say sorry and the matter would end. He would also be dominating at times. He had taken her shopping the very next day of her confession despite her disagreement. It was true she secretly loved being pampered like this. But his aggressiveness alarmed her sometimes. If he didn't like something he would make her give up too turning a deaf ear to her liking. She would sometimes fail to understand him. He would make her feel like a queen one minute and the very next moment he would make her feel as if she didn't exist and his opinion was much more important and above hers.

But the fact remained that all these negative traits were overshadowed by his unconditional love for her. He had built a fairytale world around her which she never wanted to ever get out of. Maybe men are a little egoistic and dominant she thought. She hadn't had a male shadow on her life ever as her pa was always filled to the brim with alcohol and never really was there in her life. She and her ma had created a world of their own and she grew up in it. Hence, when Armaan would dominate she would just brush it away as she felt their love was still raw and new.........besides with time he would surely outgrow. He had no one to love and had never felt love. Riddhima would reason that it was hence he was so insecure and behave so aggressively at times. He will overcome she would assure herself. Besides, the way he made her feel made her forget all his pitfalls.

Never had he in these two weeks of them being together tried crossing any limits with her. He treated her like a princess and just being in his arms, she would feel complete. He never took that extra step of closing up on her against her wishes.

She smiled as she thought about all this seeing him kiss her fingers as he drove along on their way to Seattle.

"Cheers!!!"

They raised the toast over the table as they celebrated their success. The presentation had been as successful as expected and Riddhima especially was overjoyed as she saw herself slowly fulfilling her mother's dream and to add to her happiness she had Armaan by her side.

"I completely left that old owner of the company stunned"

Armaan smiled gleefully. Riddhima smiled hearing him boast gloatingly. It had been a joined effort but Armaan was so overjoyed with his first success that he had conveniently just forgotten the fact that Riddhima had an equal share to it. She didn't correct him once for the plain fact that she loved seeing him happy and she knew that deep down he knew she had a lion's share to it "so does it really matter whether he mentions me or not" She pondered.

"You know Riddhima the moment we entered I could judge how he was and what he was expecting and I....." Riddhima nodded holding his hand listening patiently to his ramblings of nothing but himself.

"I am so proud of you Armaan" she whispered as he finished his rattle.

Armaan blinked looking at her. She was proud of him......the words suddenly rang in his ears and he lowered his eyes with a little shame shifting his chair and pulling it closer to hers as the waiter served their dinner.

"I am sorry"

Riddhima looked at him taken aback as he left his hold over her hand and raised his hand to gently stroke her cheek.

"What are you sorry for Armaan?"

"For using the word "I" everywhere and forgetting its not "I" or "Me" but "Us" Armaan simply answered.

Riddhima smiled deeply, her smile reaching upto her eyes.

"Its ok Armaan"

"No its not, I just forgot that you worked equally hard and stole all credit myself and you.....being a typical girl just let me? Love has made you blind Riddhima I am telling you"

He looked at her sternly..........deeply annoyed with himself.

"Hmm I wouldn't deny it has" She answered giggling as he looked daggers at her.

"But why blame me Armaan? Blame it on the guy who loves me so blindly and has inflicted and made me feel drown deep in him"

Armaan couldn't hold back hearing this as he leaned forward kissing her forehead.

"You should correct me Riddhima.....I can't go on hurting you and powering you like this........I get away saying sorry and you just let me go off.....forgiving me each time.....but Riddhima.........."

"Don't say anything more Armaan" She placed her finger on his lips.

"The very fact you realized your follies is more than enough for me........I ask for nothing more except you beside me"

He opened the door to her room to find her standing in the balcony.

"What are you doing here alone Riddhima, its getting a bit chilly, get in baby" he walked towards her hugging her from behind feeling her cold.

They were staying up in the penthouse of one of the most posh hotels in Seattle as per Armaan's command. He hadn't paid any heed to her objections of splurging so much just for a three day trip and he had scolded her severely when she had offered him to pay half of the cost of the trip not to mention he had not talked to her for half a day when she suggested to living in a nearby local hotel as it was just a question of three days. She had ultimately given in and her trust in him allowed her to share the same house with him.

"You are staying with me" he spoke firmly. As they couldn't share the same room, he had booked a penthouse instead of two rooms so she was with him all day.

"The view is so beautiful from here" She whispered peering down and away as Armaan followed her gaze.

"It is indeed but not as beautiful or worth enough to take my eyes off you." He whispered in her ears as she turned around to face him blushing.

Feeling his arms around her, Riddhima hugged him back closing her eyes.

"Riddhima, is it fine if I ask something from you? she nodded as she looked up at him.

"Why did you refuse me and ignore me when I first proposed you? Did you not believe me? Or was it trust or me lacking to show you the depth of my feelings? What was it Riddhima....please its been eating me ever since and.....tell me baby why was it?"

Riddhima looked at him feeling suddenly cold. The battle she had fought so hard and ultimately lost when she poured her heart to him was being ignited again by him. He wanted to know why she rejected him? Did she have any valid reason? No.

He looked at her lost deep in thought and pulled her closer to him.

"Did I offend you sweetheart? Its okay if you don't want to share, I just asked....."

"Armaan....I thought myself not worthy for you" she whispered turning around as she continued.

"What?" Armaan looked baffled.

"I.....I....see Armaan, I come from a very poor background with a shame hung on my head due to my father and you..........you belong to a different class altogether....I thought that we couldn't just be together. It was better I stay away from you as our classes don't match and you deserved someone worthy of you..........but............I couldn't convince myself on it as I fell totally in love............but then again you behaved quite shockingly about the whole Kevin issue which pushed me all the more...I never knew you loved me Armaan............I am sorry for having hurt you...believe me............"

Riddhima stopped feeling tears swell up as he made her face him. Cupping her face with his palms he spoke.

"Never again will you ever allow such thoughts to enter that mind of yours Riddhima..............in love, you don't compare yourself according to the status..............I love you and not your background or status. When I embraced you I did so with everything you bring along with you and what matters the most to me is you Riddhima............with me by your side you wont ever have to have a single frown on your face"

She looked at him as tears flowing down her cheeks. Kissing them away he gently trailed his lips along her cheeks allowing them to linger a little longer.He removed the strands of hair on her shoulder one by one. She found herself being pulled into him as he encircled his arms around her waist firmly.His fingers tightened, and their gentle pressure sent waves of eager warmth coursing through her. He could feel their breathing blend in the tiny space that separated them.

With infinite yearning they came together in a rapturous kiss. Her arms entwined around his neck as their lips melded to seal their love.

Armaan opened his eyes, the memory of their first ever kiss still fresh in his mind. He remembered how she had instantly melted in his arms. She had always been so vulnerable yet soft and gentle. He got out of the bed feeling restless. What would he do once she wakes up? No matter what,  he was going to get her forgive him .........he decided as he made his way to the bathroom glancing at her.

As the door closed, she stirred finding no one beside her as she had become used to feeling something cuddling her throughout the night her eyes flew open.....drowsily she gazed around.....trying to get up as her eyes adjusted to the pale light in the room. She realized where she was instantly.............even in her state of dizziness.........................she knew where exactly she was...guessing who had brought her here the next minute.....

jia.. thumbnail

**~PART10~**

It had been their first ever kiss and it had been nothing but full of love of love and passion. The love they held for each other. The love she held for him which I failed to understand he thought bitterly as Armaan turned on the shower. The cold water poured down as he felt his insides still hot from the anger he felt for himself. How was he to face her when she got up? What would he say? That he was responsible for the wrecked state she was in? He ran his fingers through his hair frustrated.

Riddhima got up and felt the cold marbled floor touch her feet. She was still in the same one piece from last night. Who brought me here is a wrong question she smirked to herself. I know it has to be him .But why?
When everything has been torn apart by him itself then why this pretense .It was him. She could feel him and his cologne fragrance from herself .Taking a step forward she immediately took hold of the table beside as she felt her head swirl. She looked about. Seeing the bathroom light on she decided to take the chance. Trying to walk steadily she made her way to the door just as the bathroom door open. Trying to quicken her pace she stopped as she his voice.

"Riddhima? Where hell do you think you are going?"

She turned around to face him as he came walking towards her rubbing the towel over his hair. Throwing the towel on the bed he came closer as she stood there motionless.

"Where are you going Riddhima?"

He gently asked taking hold of her hand. Taking back her hand she whispered.

"That's none of your business Mr. Mallik. But I don't fancy myself becoming your arm candy and muse in bed for even a second more."

Turning away feeling her eyes fill up she took a step forward as she felt him hold her arm.
"What crap are you talking ridz? You know you weren't that? I loved you and..."

He stopped as she turned around.*slap*

"Love" she spat out.

"Armaan do you even know the meaning of that word? No I was just a toy you played with and threw out once you got bored. I was your plaything you bossed over and used as much you could and.."

"Riddhima " he cried feeling his cheek warm from the slap that still echoed in his ears. He gripped her forward.

"How dare you say that? I loved you damn it and I know whatever happened was my mistake.."

"Mistake?" she mocked.

"You call that a mistake Armaan? You ruined my life and made me feel like some cheap used low scum and you call it a mistake? The fact is that I made a mistake of trusting you. Of taking your gestures and actions as love while it was just plain time pass and nothing but your lust you wanted to satisfy within you and once your pleasure was over you threw me, and broke me in everyway you could and you still are hurting me and you claim you love me?"

She looked at him straight in his eyes as loosened his grip feeling his insider break.

"i am sorry"

He lowered his eyes and took her gently in his bringing it to his lips.

"I know I was a jerk .A fool Ridz. One chance Ridz, please don't do this to me. I can't imagine my life without you and..."

"And I can't imagine my life with you Armaan."

"I am sorry ridz, you hit me, tell me all you want but don't leave me."

He whispered cupping her face in his palms. She removed his hands with force.

"Don't you dare touch me. Your sorry has no meaning Armaan."

"No please ridz listen to me , give me one chance atleast, I wont allow to go back to that world."

"It was better of without you in my life and world Armaan. I curse the moment u came in my life."

Riddhima turned feeling herself shake and tremble as hot tears made their way down her cheeks. Armaan felt the fury rising in him.
She wasn't just listening to him. He turned her around and pinned her to the wall.

"You curse the moment I came in your life?"

He shook her as she closed her eyes feeling the hard wall behind hurt her back.

"You are hurting me again" she whispered.

"Yes I am hurting u and I will again. But this is not even of the pain you are words have caused me right now." he gripped her harder.

"My words are hurting u? And what about you Armaan? The pain you had caused me? You know forget it. You will never change. Just let me go."

She tried getting out of his hold as he pulled her back.

"I am not letting u go anywhere" he spat.

"What do you want now? Haven't you taken enough? You have taken everything I have what more? Or is your lust still...."

Twisting her arm he brought her face closer to his.

"Lust. Use that word once more and I'll hit u"

"Haven't u fulfilled that too? Hit if u want but I am not falling into your trap again Armaan .Once a fool not always a fool."

She looked at him straight in the eye. Seeing the tears stream down her eyes he loosened his grip. Seeing the crimson marks on her arms he lowered his eyes. Brushing it gently he suddenly bent down to place a gentle kiss. The moment his lips brushed against her bare skin she jerked back. Pushing him she furiously spoke

"Don't you dare touch me. Just let me go"

"Ridz I am really .."

"Enough Armaan, don't even utter that word sorry. It sounds like some foul word from your mouth. And I don't want to listen anything you say. No explanations will work.."

"Fine, then I will hold u here till u listen to me"

"You cant do that Armaan."

"I very well can" he pulled her arm and sat her down on the bed and before she could react he walked out closing the door behind him. Hearing the door latched from outside she ran to door

"Armaan open the door" she sobbed.

"Till u don't hear me out u are my captive"

He shouted back.

Slumping to the ground she felt her eyes dry and felt her arm still sore from his hold. Touching the spot where he had lightly placed his lips she tried rubbing his touch off her. She couldn't she knew shake it off. She slid along the door on the floor still trying to rub herself of his touch.
"I hate u Armaan." she whispered.
"More then u I hate myself for giving myself to u."
"Hate myself" she closed her eyes recollecting the moment when she gave it all.

"Armaan"

She whispered.

"Omg Riddhima? Where have u been. Do u have any idea how worried I have been? I mean u almost missed the ceremony? Riddhima what happened. U know I should have come to pick u up. U seriously gave me an attack. I mean.."

"Armaan?"

She placed her hand over his.

"Can we talk once the ceremony is over?"

Looking at her face Armaan nodded.

"Are u alright?" he asked gently.

"Ya"

She whispered looking at the stage in front. He simply held her arm gently. He could now read her facial expressions like an open book. Afterall it would be almost a year of togetherness. Six months had passed since they had returned from Seattle and these months had been amazing. With her every moment seemed beautiful. Together they completed the course and finally today was the D- day. The certificate day. And Riddhima had been waiting with visible excitement for the day. She would be completing her mom's dream finally. And she had requested Armaan not to come that morning to pick her up

She wanted to visit her mother's grave in the morning and Armaan respected her wishes and agreed to come and pick her up. But then Riddhima hadn't turned up even when the ceremony started and Armaan went into frenzy when she didn't pick up the calls. Their names were just about to be announced towards the end when she walked in. A hundred question filled Armaan's mind. Why??? Her phone switched off??? He saved tem for later as he saw her walking up stage to collect her certificate.

"Congrats darling, you finally completed your mother's dream" he hugged her outside the hall.

"You too Armaan, it was your dream too" she gave a smile; it was a watery smile which didn't go unnoticed by Armaan.

Pulling her into the parking lot and making her stand leaning on his car he held her hands.

"Sweetheart what's the problem? Why were you late? And your cell ?? You know I was so worried. I was about to get up from the ceremony and come to look for you…..what happened, you alright?" he held her arms gently.

"Armaan….I….." Riddhima felt tears in her eyes.

"Hey omg you're crying? " Armaan went forward and hugged her. "What's wrong darling?"

"Armaan….I have been chucked out of my place….the landlord threw me out. So many years we have been there….Mom's memories and today….of all the days he just threw my stuff out. Saying he can generate more revenue from other tenders….I am homeless Armaan…I ……." Riddhima hugged him tight.

"That's it?" he pulled her out of the hug.

"This is a small issue for you? Armaan I have thrown out…no where to go and…." Riddhima looked up at him wiping her tears.

"Yes it's a small issue Riddhima….ok I agree you have memories related to that place but don't call your self homeless. I am still here Riddhima….with you darling. And with me by your side do you really have to worry?" Armaan smiled wiping his tears.

"But Armaan where will I go?" she whispered.

"Hmm I know where to take you…but right now I'll take you shopping and we should celebrate our day today honey. It has to be the happiest day of your life"

"But Armaan??" she looked at him unsure.

"Trust me Riddhima,…ok no more crying and come on lets go…."

"Armaan I don't have any finance to shop today" she lowered her eyes.
"Shutup" he looked at her sternly.

"Lets go….Riddhima no more buts…and we have to attend the farewell party too in the evening." he pulled her into the car and drove off.

"Armaan am I looking fine?" she nervously asked as the entered the party venue.

The entire afternoon had been spent shopping and Riddhima felt as though she had been living a dream. He had pampered her to the hilt and had scolded her fiercely when she asked him the amount on the bills .Never had she been made to feel so special. She had tried to ask him would he had in mind regarding her accommodation as he had assured her he would be taking care….but he had put her off saying he would let her know as time comes.

She gave up later and now looked around consciously brushing her knee length glittery one piece. It must be her first time that she wore such an expensive outfit. Feeling his hand along her waist she felt his breath on her ear as he whispered.

"You are looking fabulous honey!!" she turned and smiled and he lightly kissed her cheek.

"Lets go shall we?" he gave her his arm as she linked hers with his.

"Armaan where have you brought me?" she looked outside the window quizzically as he stopped the car outside a neat looking one storey. The party had been fun. But Riddhima was preoccupied with her own world and Armaan wasn't just telling her his plans.

The white gates looked welcoming and she could make out a small garden in front as they got down in the driveway. She was right. There was a beautiful garden in front .A small one. They stood at the doorstep as Armaan fished out the keys.

"Armaan where exactly have you brought me? And…….."

"Shhh" he placed a finger on her lips as they entered.

"Riddhima…" he took hold of her hand and led her inside.

"Armaan ?" she looked at him as he switched on the lights.

"Riddhima….honey with me beside you did you really need to worry about accommodation?" he smiled as she looked at him confused.

"Is it not obvious that I would take care of you?"

"Yea but….?"

"This is my place Riddhima" he simply added.

She looked at him smiling and blinked. It suddenly dawned on her finally where they were.

"You mean you brought me to your place?"

"Obviously….happy realization darling" he grinned.

"Armaan I cant stay here…..I mean…" Riddhima looked away.
Hugging her from behind and placing his chin on he shoulder he pulled her closer.

"Why? Riddhima…you are staying with me…you understand? As I were going to allow you to move on streets searching for a place" he looked at her sternly.

"Armaan….??"

"Riddhima no….no arguments ok. I'll show you around come….afterall this is your future house too so might as well get used to it" he winked.

"Armaan….fine ok for tonight .But tomorrow I will start searching for accommodation. I can't be a burden on you" she moved forward and placed a hand gently on his cheek.

"Riddhima you are insulting me by saying that you know….burden?? Riddhima you are staying here and that's a fact. And I wont no further arguments ok." He moved forward and placed a gentle kiss on her lips and led her inside.

"Ok so this is my room….I mean our room" he winked slyly looking at the shock on her face as he opened the door to his room.

"Armaan…..?" she cocked up her brow and looked at him.

"Yea? Why did I say something wrong honey?" he moved in closer.
"Armaan I haven't yet agreed to stay with you here….and if I agree it will be separate rooms…..noway same room" she folded her hands and turned to walk out only to be pulled back by him.

"Ok honey….I was only kidding. As you wish ok…I'll show you your room" he led her out.

As they crossed the dinning room Riddhima observed…it wasn't a very huge place .A main hall…..kitchen adjacent to it and a small dinning room. The main hall led to a huge balcony facing the green patch outside. And the staircase led to the terrace .Nothing extravagant. There was a guest room opposite Armaan's room and a small room upstairs before the door leading to the roof. It was a modest little place and gave Riddhima a warm homely feeling. Or was this feeling because it was Armaan's place? She smiled to herself as he opened the guest room.
"Here…." He spoke. She entered the room. It was much smaller compared to Armaan but had almost the same furnishing. Armaan's room had been surprisingly very neatly kept. He wasn't one of those guys ….she mused .The typical ones.

"Riddhima?" he turned her around to face him.

"This is your place too ok. You don't need to worry about anything sweetheart. And seriously don't consider yourself as a burden. Just take this as a chance right? I mean we will get to know each other so well and its for the betterment right? We are going to ultimately spend our life together right? And you yourself agreed we should give each other some more time before we get married right?" Armaan asked.

She nodded as she recollected their conversation a month back as they decided to give their careers a chance before committing in marriage.
"So sweetheart this is best chance to know each perfectly…and I love you" he added smiling s he hugged her. Riddhima closed her eyes placing her arms around his waist. He was the perfect guy. She could do anything he wished. He was always there supporting her unconditionally and never once forced her though he was pretty dominant when it came to his opinions.

"I love you to Armaan…..you have given me so much…..I have nothing to give you….except that a promise that I will never leave you"

"Hmm there is something you can do" he grinned pulling her out.

"What?"

"Shift to my room…" he whispered mischievously bending down close to her ears.

"Armaan….out…get out…its late I want to go to bed" she pushed him out furiously.

"Darling seriously….we have been together since so much of time…now atleast…" he held the door open.

"Armaan out" she closed the door on his face.

"Fine" he muttered annoyed. "But I still love you" he shouted as he made his back.

"she smiled sitting down on the bed but soon found herself thinking as his words echoed in her ears.

"Darling seriously….we have been together since so much of time…now atleast"
Now atleast what? She wondered as she got into the bed. Was it plainly said in mischief? she wondered as she switched off the lights.

"Ok Armaan its pretty late…..you need to get up early….you better hit your bed" Riddhima looked up at him as he lay next to her holding her hand.
It had been more then two weeks since she shifted in with him and the two weeks had gone in a blur. They had decided to take it easy…atleast Armaan had forced her to take a break for some time. They had submitted the bio-data and stuff in a few places and Armaan was confident he would soon take his first step in the music industry seeing his excellent performance.

Riddhima noticed he would be hovering around her all the time…..spending a lot of time in her room whenever she would be there. At night she would literally push him out. She got annoyed initially but he would respond so annoyingly that Riddhima feared she might be distanced from him at this rate. She couldn't even imagine her life without him anymore. Hence she put up with his acts and gave in. Tonight was no different. He had snuggled up next to her and refused to move out.

"Armaan out…." She got up as he pulled her back.

"Ridz let it be na" he mumbled closing his eyes.

"Armaan no…" she looked up at him as he opened his eyes.
"Fine" he got up and slid out of the bed.

Riddhima sighed. It was the same story everyday. He would get annoyed at the smallest of the things if she disagreed.

"Armaan I am sorry…." She whispered holding back his hand. He looked back at her. She looked so adorable in the sleeveless pink night piece that fell down right upto her feet.

"And I love you" she softly kissed him on his lips as he smiled slightly.
"I…….Riddhima I think my cell is ringing hang on…."

He dashed out to his room as she followed him.

"Yea….yes Armaan here…ok fine…yea sure I'll be there" he smiled and walked up to Riddhima as she stood at the entrance of his room.
Pulling her in he hugged her tight.

"OMG Ridz…it was that company from Forks…they called me for interview tomorrow afternoon .Which means they are interested and I heard that they call you for interviews only if they are serious about you…that means they passed my bio-data….OMG am so happy. "

He picked her twirling her around as he got carried away in the moment.
"Armaan I am so happy for you" she whispered placing her palm on his cheek as he still held her.

Falling back on the bed he clutched her waist tightly as fell on him…her hair on his face.

"I love you Riddhima…..ever since you walked into my life you changed it so much……Its never been so pleasant and wonderful" he whispered as he held her on top of him.

"I love you Riddhima" he whispered kissing her ear as he felt her stiffen.
"Armaan I love you too" she softly spoke as she tried getting up.

He held her firmly and shifted her beside him and turned to her side as she looked straight in her eyes.

"Love you sweetheart" he brushed his lips against hers and kissed her. Feeling his arms around him Riddhima felt herself loosing in his passion. As she broke the kiss he tucked her hair behind her ear and bringing his face close to hers he spoke.

"Tonight don't stop me"

As she found his hands now slowly pulling her nightly up.. "Armaan!" she whispered seeing the uncertainty in her eyes he panted looking at her succulent pink lips and her boson heaving under him. He was not going to stop he need her in more way then one now.

"I love you!" he whispered moving his hand into hers and kissed her.
Feeling her body melting beneath him he knew her body felt now responding to him he knew she surrender herself to him willingly..

She closed her eyes feeling herself relive that moment. She now hated herself even more. She felt his touch all over all still and rubbed her tears with force venting her frustration.

"I hate you Armaan…." She muttered as she got up feeling the door behind her open.

saridena thumbnail

reserved

*edited*

hi jia😊

thks for the pm yaar
superb part
ridz was pregnant😲
how did the baby die???
armi and ridz broke up 😭
ridz is leaving armi she will not turn back and go😭
i happy that armi accepted his mistakes 
update soooooooooooooooooooooon
wonderful part
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz update armour of love asap
👏
👏 
👏 
👏 
👏 
👏 
👏
Edited by saridena - 15 years ago
jia.. thumbnail

~**PART 11**~

Armaan opened the door and saw her looking up at him as she shifted her weight nervously away from him. She sat there looking so vulnerable and pale sitting with her back against the bed hugging her knees, lowering her eyes not wanting to look at him..

He walked upto her as she suddenly edged further away shifting her weight on the cold wooden floor away from him. Sitting down beside her he took her hands forcefully and his and looked into her tearful eyes.

"Riddhima?" he uncertainly spoke gentle looking at her fingers in his hands.

"I don't know where to start from?…..I guess in plain simple facts, I wasn't just good enough for you. Or rather you were too good for me more then I deserved. And last night I found you in such a state….I was annoyed and angry. I hated myself for putting you through so much and I was frustrated. Never had I imagined our life would take this kind of turn because of me. I ruined your life and I………killed…..I killed it. I killed our baby Riddhima!…..when I came to know that from Rahul…..I felt like killing myself for hitting you and….. Why didn't you ever tell me you were pregnant Riddhima….you don't know what I felt when I heard from someone else. I mean……I guess that's what made me mad initially. I felt so broken and betrayed…." He whispered as she stared in the space taking her hand away from him.

"You felt broken? Now you are blaming me? How I tried to tell you and how you avoided me ….told me not know Riddhima I am busy!" she questioned him turning to look at him. How dare he blame her for his actions? She glared at him holding back her tears.

"Riddhima?" Armaan cupped her face and whispered as sat there motionless devoid of any movement. He continued.

"I ….Riddhima you just disappeared after that incident. I was so ashamed of myself and shocked and felt as my heart had been ripped out…but you just left. And then…the turmoil of emotions I went through. Frustrated…annoyed and my failure not you and the guilt of loosing. It killed me Riddhima…"he spoke feeling a lump in his throat he released her.

"That is no excuse for your actions Armaan…… why is that you always think about yourself? Did you ever once think about me? What I went through?…" she whispered looking at him. As he looked so broken and in pieces..

"I can never forgive you….you killed my baby….and the countless heart burns you have given me….you know Armaan in this relationship it was always you…right from the beginning. You wanted me because you loved me. You steered our life and drove us apart. If it suited you it was fine….or else I was a mere object in the corner of the room. And…."

"Why didn't you ever correct me Riddhima? Why didn't you say these things before?" he softly spoke feeling his insides break.

The simple question caused Riddhima to go numb. It was the harsh fact…she had been running away from. And still she was unwilling to give it a thought. She blinked away.

"Riddhima….I am bad with words…I don't know what more to say. Sorry has no meaning here at all now . I just wish I could change everything go back time….I…" he sighed looking away. Sitting there besides her feeling her lifeless body he didn't know what else to do.

"You are free to go Riddhima….I wont stop you…wish I could. But I no longer have that courage to do so. After what have done. I just wish ….you could give me one chance. But I know after what you have been through…." Armaan looked her as he whispered.

She looked at him surprised at his gentle tone. Life had put them through so much. She couldn't take a chance now though. She needed to think now before any decision. And giving him a second chance…..it was out of question. She got up and looked at him still sitting starring at her.

"Eat something and go atleast" he whispered getting up.

"No thanks" she made her way to the door.

"Riddhima" she looked back to see him stopping her.

"I still love you  and  always will…..if you ever come back to me I'll…." Feeling her own eyes swell up Riddhima walked away and made her way to the main door.

Sitting in the cab she stared at the blurring images as they cab moved. She didn't know what she had to do??? What if he were to turn back on his words? She could never ever forgive the pain he had caused her. She gave herself to him and he had……she closed her eyes as his words came back…..

"Why didn't you ever correct me Riddhima? Why didn't you say these things before?"

You are weak Riddhima she thought to herself. You are weak. You will never ever stand up for yourself and for what you want.  You do want to give him a chance don't you?….but then you are not sure of yourself? If I am not sure of myself how on earth am I supposed to trust him? He killed me that night and the love I was carrying ……but am I not equally responsible? Riddhima felt tears roll down as she had the entire past flashing into her mind. It was as though somebody was replaying the painful moments all over again. She closed her eyes tighter to absorb the fresh wave of guilt and pain that washed over her.

Life had never ever been the same ever since she had moved in with him….who was at fault? Wasn't she partly responsible she thought as the events came flooding back.

"Riddhima?" she looked back at him as he stood next to her in the balcony placing his arms around her waist he kissed her shoulder lightly and saw her looking at the tender rays of rising sun just washing the world with warmth.
"I am sorry" he whispered. Riddhima closed her eyes as she felt him breathing down her neck.
"For what?"
"About last night…..I forced you and I…" he tightened his arms around her as he felt her sigh.  
"Armaan do you really love me?" she asked looking at him release her and stare at her.
"Ofcourse I do…Ridz I am sorry….I never meant to force you and you didn't object and I…." he looked away feeling guilty.

"So you regret whatever happened?" she continued.
"Ridz…..I don't…I love you and I guess I got carried away and….I don't intend on making you feel guilty or anything for something that wasn't your fault. You weren't ready and I …."
"Armaan if it was love don't regret it….I guess I was being hard on you and…"
"Hey no…Riddhima will you ever get out of the habit of taking all blame on yourself? I sort of just got carried away and believe me it was love but you weren't ready and i…" he paused as she placed a finger on his lips.
He stepped back in surprise as she hugged him tight.
"Hold me Armaan" she whispered. "Promise me you will never leave me" she asked.
"I promise" he hugged her back smiling as Riddhima felt relieved. He had made love to her all night and she had allowed it. Not once had she stopped him she knew that and why had surrendered to him so willingly she had pondered ever since she woke. Had she done the right thing? Why was she feeling so guilty and felt ashamed? Did she not trust him? It had been the first ever time she had allowed any man to come so close to her and Riddhima felt something was eating her up. Was it her lack of trust in them? As she heard him promise she felt relief wash over her.
His strong hold on her reassured her faith in them. She had done nothing wrong by trusting him. His dominance and strong control on her made her feel wanted. Maybe it was because nobody had ever guided her and kept this hold on her strongly in her entire life that she welcomed his nature.
"I love you Riddhima" he pulled her out of the hug and kissed her lightly.

She smiled as she opened her eyes and felt his arms around her holding her. The last few weeks had been great again. Armaan had asked her finally shift into his room and now they were officially living together as he called. They were to walk down the aisle sooner or later anyways so what was the harm?

Riddhima couldn't object….past few weeks she had found herself falling into his spell deeply all the more. He completed her .Made her feel wanted and beautiful. She had never been touched or made to feel so loved by any other man in her life. She wanted to feel his love each moment and each minute.

She smiled as he stirred and opened his eyes.

"Morning love" he gently kissed her and glanced at the alarm clock besides her on the bedside table.

"OMG Ridz its 8 am…..why did you not wake me up??" I have a meeting with those producers. If I convince them I will have this lifetime opportunity to compose music in one of their films. Oh crap…Ridz set up the breakfast I am coming" Riddhima got up as she saw him rush to the bathroom.

Seated on the dinning table she saw him gulp his food down.

"Armaan…..I really hope you get this project…I will be so happy for you" she smiled as he nodded.

"Armaan did you give my bio-data anywhere? You had promised right….I mean you have all the contacts and…"

"Yes….I did…I'll let you know…" he curtly replied as he picked up his cell and pressed a few buttons.

"Ok Armaan….umm Armaan if you are free can we go out somewhere tonight? Its been ages you know……" she cautiously asked.

"Riddhima how many questions are you going to ask me at this time in the morning? I have an important meeting now and you are asking me about your bio-data and all…we can talk later" he got up and walked out looking visibly annoyed leaving a stunned Riddhima behind.

As she gathered the dishes Riddhima felt tears in her eyes. This wasn't the first time he had barked back at her like this. As they started living together she started observing his life closely. As the days flew by he started seemed different to her. Like he was there with her  one minute and next minute not there.

She thought it was the work pressures and his determination to achieve the best that was keeping him busy. He would come home and they would go to sleep. And she also noticed that he wouldn't really show much of interest when she would talk about her career. And just like today he would look hassled or irritated if she would ask him about herself.

Sometimes he would say sorry and sometimes they would just sleep over it.

"Maybe he is just busy…."she wondered. Its nothing serious she assured herself.

"Riddhima? Where are you? Come soon....this is your first break and the new singer...Muskaan is eager that you see her sing your lyrics"

Riddhima sighed holding the phone close to her ears. Here she was just outside the performance hall waiting in the car....."Yes Rahul...on my way" she cut the call. It had been over 2 months now since she last saw Armaan properly at home or even had exchanged a mere "Hi "with him.

Living in the same house it seemed she was living with a complete stranger.….as the limo turned to up the street she closed her eyes….Riddhima was proving to be a a lyricist and the new singer was singing her song for the first time and had been invited to see the live performance since she wanted to see her for the first time….

Riddhima sighed staring at her cell.....how she hated keeping Rahul waiting....but then Armaan hadn't even bothered to call back after she dialed his number.

Riddhima stared at the picture of them which she had clicked on the mobile….How all evening she kept calling him. I did to remind you its important...this is my first ever break  and you........ but he had ignored her yet again....just as he had in the days that came..... ….he was busy with his music which was soaring in the charts…

"Driver take me home!" she saw him nodded. She could not face anyone as she was always seen with Armaan....had been projected as his armcandy and the same crowd would ask the questions....... the media would go  in a frenzy if they learn't the inside scoop and it would just set tongues wagging.. She did not need this...nor did poor Rahul...and it was his fience Muskaan's first live performance as singer...no she couldnt ruin it.......it was Rahul ....that made her see things they were supposed to be seen....but still she would  not trust her instincts on Armaan and follow her heart..........

"Turn the Radio up…" she asked the driver hearing her written song on the radio…

I thought I saw a man brought to life
He was warm, he came around like he was dignified
He showed me what it was to cry
Well you couldnt be that man I adored
You dont seem to know, dont seem to care what your heart is for
But I dont know him anymore
Theres nothing where he used to lie
My conversation has run dry
Thats whats going on, nothings fine Im torn

Im all out of faith, this is how I feel
Im cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
Im wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
Youre a little late, Im already torn

So I guess the fortune tellers right
Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light
To crawl beneath my veins and now
I dont care, I have no luck, I dont miss it all that much
Theres just so many things that I cant touch, Im torn

Im all out of faith, this is how I feel
Im cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
Im wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
Youre a little late, Im already torn. torn.

Feeling her own heart so full of pain she felt the tears running down her face as she remembered……..maybe the deceision she had now taken.....was for the better....maybe it was time to put in action.....as she recollected how living with with him had been nothing but a nightmare........

Ok thats part 11......still in flashback....a little more of it left...pls do leave honest views....and comments as they really make my day!! Incase u do get confused,,....there is that two month leap....which i have taken...why and how will be explained next. Thankyou so very much!! love u all. 🤗
Will send pms later!!😳

spln thumbnail
oye....wheres part 11????i see them only upto part4???
btw....new pinch for the new thread!!!

ps: ME FIRST!!!...oh no saw saridena there first before me....😭😭😭

*edit*

wow jia....sorry got delayed in replying was on my way back from school...great part dear....dam realistic, guess alot oif real couples go thru this....its lik when u are together u take too much for granted.....cant wait for the next update ,make it soon!!!👏

Edited by spln - 15 years ago
jia.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: spln

oye....wheres part 11????i see them only upto part4???
btw....new pinch for the new thread!!!

ps: ME FIRST!!!...oh no saw saridena there first before me....😭😭😭

Haha Nsm....OMG u u stealing my rights...haha i do this for ur ff....hehe nyways updating now.lol😆
heezy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
dibs i got 2nd! hehe 😆 now wheres part 11

* EDITED

Jia Raani i know your game... well i think i do hehe 😆

Armaan hit Ridz so she lost her kid 😲 but what happened after that? she just walked out on him? didnt tell him anything? didnt beat him up hersefl 😡

im not liking this me man Armaan you woman so you have to make sure the breakfast is ready.. and she did when he told her to? not even asked her to? 😕

why was she so weak that she couldn't say anything to him to correct him before? we've seen from earlier parts that Armaan has a tendency to go over bored a bit when his tied up but to think Ridz let it get to such a state where she was treated like a doormat literally 🤢

but the part where you showed him apologising to her and almost begging her to stay (not in so many words ofcourse) was sooo emotional.. and to think Ridz didnt stick around to have it out and get things sorted once and for all?

when is she going to learn to stand up for herself? Armaan has apparently seen the err of his ways and looks like he wants to change himself, hell i think after finding out you killed your kid unknowingly that would have been enough of a wake up call but now its Ridz's turn...

please please please update the next part soon and please make this Ridz magically grow a back bone and stand up for herself.

Sankuuuuuuu for the fab part 😳

Lubna
Edited by na2339 - 15 years ago
-Cherry- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
amazing part jia didi
i'm waiting for part 11

and i got the 3rd seat Lol