Kya ITEM Hai! : AYAZ KHAN

Gayatri-Rout thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Kya ITEM Ha  i!

Ayaz Khan. (TOI Photo)
He has always been the typical boy-next door in his many appearances on TV but if Ayaz Khan?s mean act in Jaane Tu...took you by surprise that?s only because he thinks it?s good to shock people sometimes. And now with Shivam Nair?s untitled film starring Rahul Bose and Esha Deol, he is out to prove that he?s a lambi race ka ghoda.

?Change is always good. If my ads and serial gave the impression of a happy-go-lucky guy, my act in Jaane Tu... shocked my friends and family, who knew me as someone who is totally opposite to the Sushant Modi that I played on screen. But now in Shivam Sir?s film, I?m back to being the calm, sedate Libran that I am.?
While talking about his new flick, his excitement is palpable.

Esha Deol has been cast opposite me in this movie. It is a sweet, warm film with a funny angle to it, but not of the slapstick kind. The essence of it is love. With Shivam Sir it?s all about in-depth emotions ? he focuses more on spontaneity and he expects his actors to go with the flow.?

The actor may be in Kolkata in October to shoot for the film. In the course of the conversation, he stops himself short lest he gives out more than what he?s supposed to. But not before we get him to talk about his
co-star.

Doesn?t he feel a little insecure about sharing the spotlight with Esha? ?Not at all. My role in this film is important and it is performance-oriented and that?s all that matters. In fact, Esha?s got no airs ? she is very receptive. When we got introduced, the first thing she said was that she loved my work in Jaane Tu...?
But you must give the guy credit for getting into the soul of the character. Didn?t we all love to hate him in Jaane Tu...? And the film sure catapulted him to fame. No wonder his jog along the promenades of Mumbai is no longer the same.

?When I go out jogging, I get stopped on the road by people whom I?ve never seen or met before, they
congratulate me, appreciate my act and wish me well. This is a very gratifying experience and this is what keeps me going. I hope to live up to everyone?s expectations.?

And the young man sure means business. To look the part in his new film, he has gone in for a suave makeover. Gone is that soft look ? what you see now is a macho, stubbled Ayaz. The actor quips, ?So far, the work that I?ve got has a lot to do with my talent. But then, I also have a bit of good looks going for me! And that?s the icing on the cake.?

Tough time for the ladies, though! They?ve got another pin-up boy to drool over. Aren?t we glad he gave up law for acting? We rest our case.

Edited by gayatri_rout - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashu_DMG thumbnail
i hav dis article in calcutta tyms
ROFLOL thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
oh movie with esha wow gr8 goin!!
but he'll be in kolkata in oct!! means he wont be there in DMG ohhh noo...i really like his track !! :'(
thanks for postin btw!
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
thnx for posting................
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thnx for sharing
-aishah
Gayatri-Rout thumbnail
Thank u all for such appreciation..😊 Ayaz khan is a talented Actor.
desi_baby07 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx for sharing this wonderful article! 😊

Good luck Ayaz.... I love you!

Ayaz is just awesome... he'll do great! And I'm def. gonna watch this upcoming movie.
desilife4eva thumbnail
looks like this could be our sr. doc's big break frum DMG...i think
Gayatri-Rout thumbnail
Subhu Dmg se chala jayega toh apne Dr. keerti ka kya hoga ??