Smita Bansal comes back after five years

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Smita Bansal comes back after five years  

Monday, September 8 2008   < name=rssigsms>
Subscribe to Newsletter Alert: Enter U Me Aur Hum contest & win free goodies -->

TV News

TV Specials
Remember Smita Bansal? The cute looking heroine of Amanat and Sarhadein is back in the television industry with two brand new shows Balikabadhu and Paani Puri. Needless to say, Smita and her innumerable fans are equally excited about this. And they have a reason to celebrate Smita will be seen in the small screen after a gap of close to five years! Balikabadhu is being aired on the new channel Colors and has already managed decent TRP ratings. Paani Puri just started on Star One.

"As the name suggests, this is also a saas-bahu serial, but with a difference," Smita starts explaining when asked about the show. "This is set in the backdrop of a Rajasthani family where my son marries a minor girl. I play the role of Sumitra, the elder bahu of the family. The story is about me and my
daughter in law's relation, and how I protect her from typical problems faced at the in-laws house. This is even more significant since I had faced a lot of trouble with my mother in law when I got married and came to my sasural," explains Smita. In fact, even after she becomes a mother in law her self, Sumitra is continued to be dominate by her mother in law who guides her in all possible wrong ways.

"Since I am also from Rajasthan, I had a very nice time shooting for this serial in Rajasthan," says the actress who has been having a nice time working for the production house Sphere Origin. "In my real life, however, my situation is completely different. I have extremely understanding in laws and if it were not for them, I would not have been able to resume work," says Smita who went on an extended maternity leave after her daughter was born. "She is five years old now and understands my nature of work and does not complain about the odd hours I keep. Plus since we stay in a joint family, I can safely leave my daughter with my in laws," says a grateful Smita. In Paani Puri Smita is playing the ultra-hep Divya Paani who is in love with Vikas Puri (played by Sumeet Raghavan). The show is a romantic comedy.

The pretty actress seems to be going on an overdrive regarding his career. She is also venturing into films. "I am playing the role of Pinki, the sister of the hero Himesh Reshammiya in the remake of Karzzzz," she says. "Though the role is not big in terms of screen presence, it plays a very important role in the storyline." Smita has even shot in South Africa for the film.
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2008/smita-bansal-comeback-080908.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildGloss thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
She's playing a role in HR'S Karzzzz?
Whoa! 😆 Will look out for that one.

Thanks for sharing =)
-Mansi- thumbnail
Shes married & has a daughter..but luks so young & beautiful. I think the character Divya is charming..Shes also gud in BV.  Karzz? OMG! Her bolly career down the drain. lol. [No offfence.]
CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She's a fab actress.....she's wonderful in Balika Vadhu.......