'I'm going to die' Indrani Halder(Sujata) article

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
'They love Sujata as much as they admire Tulsi and Parvati'
Indrani Halder

I am going to die," is the opening line from Indrani Halder. Before you can react, the award-winning actress of films like Dahan and Charachar quickly clarifies that she is talking about the fate that awaits her character Sujata in tonight's episode in the Sony (10pm) show of the same name. "Meri aatma mar jaayegi, lekin mera sharir zinda rahega," she adds.

No, Sujata isn't turning into an Aahat, but the chief protagonist played by Indrani is undergoing an image makeover of sorts. "Having endured a lot of pain in her marriage and other personal relationships, Sujata now decides that she needs to change herself and carve out an identity of her own," Indrani tells t2 from Mumbai. So out goes the patient, loving, long-suffering Sujata and leaves behind an assertive woman who is not afraid to speak her mind. "Sujata will retain all her good qualities, but will now make the people around her realise that she is not to be taken for granted," smiles the Calcutta girl.

Contrary to Indian television norms, however, a change in attitude will not be accompanied by a change in look for Sujata. "I will not suddenly start wearing skirts and trousers. The sari and the bindi will be there, but the garish, over the top look will be done away to a great extent," adds Indrani who hopes that the image makeover will set the TRPs of the already popular show zooming. " Shobai Sujata ke bhalobashe. Sujata haashle ora haashe, Sujata kaadle ora kaade.(Everybody loves Sujata , if she laughs they laugh , if she cries they cry) I just got a call from a viewer in Canada saying, 'kal aapka episode dekha toh humein bhi rona aagaya'. The average woman in the audience identifies with me," smiles the National Award winning actress.

Such is Sujata's popularity that the audience has started placing her on the same pedestal as Tulsi and Parvati. "It gives me a high when people come up to me to say that they love Sujata as much as they admire Tulsi and Parvati. But Sujata has an identity of her own which is completely different from that of Tulsi or Parvati," smiles Indrani who may soon give the nod to a dance reality show. "I am going to be in Calcutta soon to shoot for director Atanu Ghosh's film," she promises.

-This is an article from Telegraph India's website , posted on 1st September

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonataca thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
same here. All of them act so realistically that you want to even take part in thier joys and sorrow. Right?

(Maybe I'm talking to myself)
larimel22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it IS kinda natural for ladies everywhere to relate to sujata's situation......so obviously they sympathise with her