Hitting the big time - Angad Hasija

spyrulzdworld thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hitting the big time
Angad Hasija is a happy and content man these days. And he has every reason to be. His portrayal of the lead role in Sapna Babul KaaBidaai has won accolades from all over, including the media and he is a well-known name in the industry today a dream that he wanted to fulfill ever since he shifted to Mumbai a few years ago.

"Acting has always been a passion for me and I wanted to make it big in the glamour world. I wanted to see a day when people recognise me for my work and I have a big fan following. Thankfully, after Bidaai, that has happened," says the handsome actor who started his career by doing videos of Punjabi songs.

"This was before I shifted to Mumbai in 2006. I was voted Mr Punjab few years back and received a number of offers for doing music videos. I did around 25 music videos and they became quite popular in Punjab. I even walked the ramp for a number of fashion shows," explains Angad. After tasting the initial sweetness of success, he decided to move to Mumbai. "But I knew that modelling or acting in a music video is completely different from acting in a serial and thus I took a short course in acting before asking for roles."

But this was not good enough to land Angad a plum role in Bollywood. "I was offered a small cameo in Kyun Ki…" where he had to play Bhoomi's (Reshmi Ghosh) boyfriend (Angad). This role did not give him celebrity status, but provided Angad with a toehold in the industry.

"People started noticing me and I had something to showcase to my producers when I met them in search of work," remembers Angad. In one such meeting, Rajan Shahi (producer of Bidaai) met Angad and sent him back saying that he had too good a physique and his hair length was more than required for the role.

A dejected Angad went back, but only to return with a new look. "I went back to his office within some days having shed a few kilos and trimmed my hair. He liked my look a lot and the rest happened real fast.

His role in Bidaai, is that of Alekh a schizophrenic who gets very aggressive when he sees people. "...It is a very difficult character to play and I am very lucky to get such a good role," says Angad whose role is often compared with Varun Vadola's in Koshish, Ek Asha.

Angad has a very interesting hobby that sets him apart from the run-of-the-mill actor on Indian television. "I like to write short stories and then describe them through paintings. I wish I get some more time to do it…", laments the actor who is a qualified interior designer and had a showroom in Chandigarh.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettylady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lol for a second I thought it meant Kyun Ki the movie LOL... i had to wikipedia it just to be sure hehe

rano- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

ahhhhhhhh he looks handsome here.

Pretty, I don't mind this hair style.