Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: tina59

well I would say People living abroad enjoy a better quality of life than back in India. Yes, India is a booming economy but with rising salaries, the expenses are increasing as well. The luxuries that one enjoys abroad is far far better.

Also as a dollar is worth 40rs, its great coz u can save a lot here, invest back in india and gain on it. The interest rates are so high that its better to earn here and invesr there.

As for Culture, believe me, culture is followed more closely here as its a close knit community and people make sure that people respect and follow that.

As for family, nowadays atleast half the family members reside abroad so u dont even miss that much.

for me eg, I live in NJ and its a place where u get everything indian esp the place where i liv. So i enjoy everything indian and at the same time, enjoy the luxury that earning abroad offers.

The quality of life that u get here, I dont think we can get it in India in the near future.

Good point!

Have you ever been to Toronto? There are towns called "Little India" You will swear you are in India...Everyshop is an Indian related shop, almost anything you can buy there comes directly through the Port from India...

Also in the States, Houston, TX is also a heavily Indian populated area...Also NJ as u mentioned, also Jackson Heights (I think) New York...its Little India...
Sabah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I would have to say that staying back in India would be just as good as coming here.
Leo thumbnail
Life is good India...obviously if you ahve money..!

But most of the people still prefer to go abroad because of working conditions and the money....!

An engineer in India may be earning Rs.20,000 (estimate) ...but if u go abroad...there are chances that u get paid the same amount in the national currency...! thats a lot of amount...!

plus working conditions are better...some companies pay you on an hourly basis...they pay u for overtime...which i haven't heard of in India as yet...I may be wrong..

But staying in India is better because you have the freedom....u have that freedom in other democratic countries as well....but the court's verdict sometimes tends to be biased...

In India...there is this media power...and stuff...ok...lets not get into that...

I don't think its an overrated term....True. India is developing...but Living conditions are better in abroad still...its a bitter truth..!
Leo thumbnail

Originally posted by: AsliiGuy

Good point!

Have you ever been to Toronto? There are towns called "Little India" You will swear you are in India...Everyshop is an Indian related shop, almost anything you can buy there comes directly through the Port from India...

Also in the States, Houston, TX is also a heavily Indian populated area...Also NJ as u mentioned, also Jackson Heights (I think) New York...its Little India...

Toronto...I want to go there once...!😃 I also heard that Johannessburg is a Indian populated area..!

yea... I stay in the UAE....the Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Phillipine population is more than the native arabs..!so...i don't feel i am in a weird place or n e thing...but its a different feeling to be in India..! 😳

But yes, if u wanna get paid well.....you can go abroad...nothing wrong in it...!