Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Rakshanda Khan loves Ekta's Mahabharat

The actress prefers to stay away from soaps these days
By Anil Merani . Jul 25, 2008
Comments [0]   E-mail
RELATED NEWS
    Waar... contestant strips for Sallu 'I don't see myself as goody-goody' I will get married soon: Salman Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na
  • Salman's got a new palace

Rakshanda Khan was quite happy with her cameo in Ekta's Mahabharat. According to her, "I thoroughly enjoyed the few days of shooting. We insist there is nothing different happening on TV but when some one tries to think out of the box you go after them hook, line and sinker. Please appreciate the intricate detailed effort that has been taken on the costumes. May be the audience is still not ready for major changes in the way our myths are presented", she reasons.

About anchoring the show Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar Kabhii Kabhii Yaar on Sony she says, "It's like coming home. I love to anchor anyway. Although Sameera Reddy is very young she is a much better judge than some of her companions in other reality shows. The judges here are not known to mince words, if they don't like you, they will not sugar coat it all."

Rakshanda while accepting that most of the anchoring is done by the teleprompter, asserts, "You still have to add your own personality to it. Basically our job is to be the link between the contestants and the judges." Although she was sad at the early exit of her friends Hiten and Gauri, she says, "I accept it for as an anchor my job is presentation not voicing my opinion."

She also dismissed allegations that a few participants lost because of a non-functional air-conditioner. She insisted, "Such loose talk seems like sour grapes. Tell me which studio does not have its fair share of glitches. But you can't dish out blame if you have been eliminated. Even senior actors like Amitabh Bachchan have had to wear warm clothes in hot studios, but that has not had any impact on their performances.

Rakshanda says she's not likely to take part in a reality show since, "I am too much of left foot person to risk entering the fray. I have therefore taken the middle path and stared anchoring so as not to miss the reality bandwagon."

She is quite hopeful about returning to Kyon Ki, one day as "Its better to wait for the correct moment rather then being relegated to the background."

On her on screen age, she says "Tanya should be old enough to look Bhoomi's (Reshmi Ghosh) mother and young enough to appear as Karan's (Hiten Tejwani) wife."

One of main reasons for my absence from the soaps is the lack of something concrete, or as she says, "Till then I am happy being in event management."