Amit Varma on Kismat konnection

dimpy828 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Apart from Shahid Kapoor and Vidya Balan, there is another name super-excited with the release of Kismat Konnection. Amit Verma of Telly-wood made his foray in Bollywood with this Aziz Mirza flick, and what a debut it was! Playing Vidya's fianc in the film, Amit has been getting compliments galore courtesy his portrayal of a grey character. With full faith in his Kismat, Amit says, "I got the film by chance and I had a blast during the shoot."

Apparently, Aziz Mirza saw Amit in his telly-serial, Anu Ki Ho Gayi Waah Bhai Waah and was mighty impressed. On being approached, Amit was just too eager to be part of a project like this. However, acting opposite the likes of Vidya and Shahid in his very first film made him quite a nervous wreck on day one. He says, "I was so nervous on the first day that I had to take almost 6-7 shots to get the first scene right."

Ask him if it's time to bid farewell to television and he says, "TV has brought me to where I am now. At the moment, I will not say that I will not do TV. Let's see the response I get for the film. Then I will decide what I need to do." Well, he isn't the first to make the jump from TV to the big screen, let's hope he sees a better fate than his contemporaries like Amar Upadhyay, Rohit Roy and Shabbir Ahluwalia.

Direct link (for article and video): http://www.zoomtv.in/view/news/amit-verma-on-kismat-konnection-0

Why are they talking about Annu ki...here? Did he like shoot for annu before he got KK and showed some clips to Aziz Mirza which Aziz ji absolutely loved and gave him role in KK? 😆...BTW they also say it was Kittu.. that played a role in getting him the film..now I have to see Kittu 😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AVFAN thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Seems he is now actually planning to shift...anyways thanks
mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
🤣 yeh kya hai as far as I know AV signed annu after he completed the shooting of KK🤣
aish_punk thumbnail
Hey thnx 4 d info.. really kool maan
Rafa.LunaPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah...he was ok in the movie...didnt like his role a lot!!!