AsHlok OS'---Written In The Skies--- (Astha's Birthday))

BlackJack. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This one is also AU as i love doing AUz. Enjoy, read, like and Comment! Please...๐Ÿ˜Š

Written In The Skies

"The heart saw what was invisible to the eyes; our bond was written in the heavens."

Her eyes opened to be received with a fresh gust of air diffusing the fragrance of spanking new roses in her room. She got up lazily, rubbed away the sleep from her eyes and ran her fingers through the nest of her hair. The torches of the sun shone brightly through the open window of her room. It was another lazy Sunday morning of this fall. The warmth of the blanket was so inviting more sleep that she had to force herself to through away the covers before grabbing the bouquet from top of the side table.

So who is this today?' She wondered.

It read Happy Birthday' and Astha realized the date, it was 25th December, her exact date of birth. Nostalgia caught her and she felt helpless as her mind drifted away in to the past. The glorious past.

"I really don't fancy these birthday parties..." Astha expressed herself to him.  She and her other friends had gathered for a birthday party of one of them. Astha while stuffing the Death By Chocolate 3 layered cake' in her mouth addressed a close friend of hers.

"Acha why not?"

"Whats the fun...when you spend the whole day anticipating that your friends will be giving you a surprise party to paste a fake smile on your face when it turns out to be much less than your expectations."

"You think so?"

"Yeah... now look at Swati. She is smiling that fake half hearted smile of her's since the party started but I know she aint happy with anything at the moment."

"Tu aur kia hona cahiye?"

"Well maza tu tab aye jab subha subha ankh kholne se pehle ap ke side table par phool ap ka intezar kar rahe hoon, aur ap ko sab se zida azeez rakhne wala shakhs ek khoobsoorat sa chocolate cake le ka rar ap ke darwaze ke bahar khara ho..."

"Tumharay ye khowab tu koi as you would have said Prince Charming' hi poray kar sakta hai..."

"Nahi who nahi kar sakta..." She said getting up to leave.

"Kiu?" He called her from behind.

She smiled half. "Ku ke mujhe pata hai..." She said and left.

There was something different in her eyes when she said those last few words. What was it? It took him six long years to get that.

*0*

Astha drifted back to the present smiling nostalgically. How she had waited the whole college life for him to realize her feelings for him but he had left for England the night of convocation, never to come back. At least she thought so.

There was a knock at the door. She unlocked the knob and there was a huge booo before she could even get the glimpse of the intruder.  Small bits of glittering shinning stuff filled the air with shimmering colours. Astha swinging between surprise and glee saw a much known face before her. Before anything else she felt her feet jump in air before she wrapped her arms around him.

"Shlokkk!!" her pitch was overly excited. He hugged her back with one arm behind her back and the other balancing the chocolate larva cake.

"Happy Birthday Love." He whispered in her ears. Astha closed  her eyes taking in every ounce of the moment. She broke the hug and hit him hard on his chest.

"Bata nahi sakte thay... Khushi se mujhe heart attack a jata tu?" She groaned but couldn't keep up more with her gusse wala mode. She placed a bit of chocolate on her index finger and trailed it on Shlok'sface.

"Oye Yeh nahi chale ga Astha!"  He ran away with Astha chasing her like tom chasing jerry, poor jerry.

*0*

The huge waves of the sea lashed on the sands of the shore soaking their feet in the salty water as they walked hand in hand; splashing a few drops on them too. The water was cold yet it felt soothing on their bodies. The sun was setting in. the sky had a stunning blend of ginger, yellowy burgundy and sapphire.

"I thought you would never come back." Astha said ignoring any eye contact with him.

Shlok took her hand in his as if it always belonged there.

"I had forgotten one of my most precious possessions here. Had to come back for it." There was something in his tone; Astha took no longer to catch it.

"What?" She felt her beats racing a hundred miles per hour.

"Ask who?" He said gazing at the setting sun.

"Who?" She couldn't make it more than a whisper.

"You..." He said making her face him. He tightened his grip on her shoulders and gazed at the red blush of her cheeks.

Astha looked at him in utter shock. Was he really saying it? Something she had been waiting for as long as an eternity. It felt so so surreal. She shook her head.

"I know it took me longer than real to realize your place in my life. But I was stupid and I was insane not to realize that you are the one for me. My best friend, the love of my life. "

Astha listened to him speak. It was like a melodious song, a favorite one. The one you have been dreaming for your entire life with the perception that it wont ever come true.

"It was only when we got apart that it dawned upon me that yes that one is you. You had become my habit, the one I didn't want to leave. Not now not ever. I had to come back..."

He continued after a pause.

"I had to come back for you...before anyone else could take that place in your life I had to make you my wife." He grinned and took her hand in his before sliding the ring in her finger. He didn't ask for it because her silence was a yes as it always had been.

---THE END---

Liked it? For more

Dont forget to check my index

LazyLad's Ashlokia...INDEX!

Edited by LazyLad - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LuvStrk-001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS dear...Superb like...Loved it thoroughly!!!!!!!!Thanks for sharing and PM!!!!!!!!!!!!
vial thumbnail
sweet and cute!!nice work,yaar!!๐Ÿ‘
lachii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow..short and cute...very good ...good dialogs๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
AlbusDumbeldore thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This is really a cute love love story
Neelum.drashti thumbnail