ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
Bookmarked.
I need to read this carefu;ly. Will be back very soon. :)
Originally posted by StripePurple

Bookmarked.
I need to read this carefu;ly. Will be back very soon. :)

Sure.

I seem to be attracting those who want to read but do not have the time at the moment ;-)
Originally posted by greenteaholic

Sure.

I seem to be attracting those who want to read but do not have the time at the moment ;-)

Hahaha! Oh dear! I am so sorry! Real life has been demanding a lot! But know that you are an awesome writer! Yeah?! πŸ€—
Edited by arpitasharma - 10 years ago
Originally posted by arpitasharma

Hahaha! Oh dear! I am so sorry! Real life has been demanding a lot! But know that you are an awesome writer! Yeah?! πŸ€—

Thanks, its nice to hear that :)
4. Necessity

She makes friends with the monsters in the cupboard and dark crevices of  the room shared with her sister. The buzzing in her head sometimes spew out words and on the eve of darkest moment of night she makes friends with the voices in her head too.

She has too many friends. None of them exist.

She rarely knows what she wants. She wants both - a comet passing by or a bright neon light high up on a building. She does okay with the light of firefly too.

The world was chewed, ingested and excreted into something else the moment she was told her real parents were dead.

And then he happened.

Aftermath of Arnav looked like a hurricane hit city; it represented a life once lived, a dream with a promise of realization and a disaster one can never forget. The moment the misery passes through life, it becomes a pin prick starting moment of everything undeniable.

It's hard for her to remember when she started to fall in love with him.

There wasn't a moment which jarred her into realization that things have shifted. It was more simple and much mundane; she woke up one day, ate breakfast more than necessary because she liked it so much and went to office. During breakfast somewhere during third poori and second jalebi, she found herself thinking about Arnav like usual but only really paid attention for the first time.

If anyone asked her she would refuse - blatantly and probably lie about it too. Arnav had Lavanya. Arnav liked Lavanya.
Arnav preferred someone like Lavanya.
Arnav got along with Lavanya.

She was a strong woman. Super strong, in fact. She could get over this love-thing she had going on in her mind. She was strong. She could leave him. Not that he belonged to her. But she could, you know?

But she knows, she knows she is weak enough to need him.

Edited by greenteaholic - 10 years ago
You know it is easier to understand Arnav than Khushi. His anger and bitter words tumble out as a resistance to the need he feels, the desire his mind itches to explore. Khushi though has almost always been stung by the scorpion tail of his temper and her vulnerability and insecurities emerge out when she is around him.

So, why does she love him? And since when? And now I understand that there is no need to fix a time and date.
I want her to be strong. She wants to be strong too, this I learned from the above part, but that's always easier said than done.

These haikus you weave so effortlessly are beautiful and make me wonder if you have ever thought about publishing your work. Till then I am relying on that adage. You know the one which says that the best things in life are for free? :)Edited by ScarbroughFair - 10 years ago
The first thing which attracted me to this was the description at the beginning- glimpses of a life passed. That is a very interesting perspective. :)
1. He doesn't like mornings, or the harsh light they bring. And she is like a shooting star. He is diabetic, and she is effortlessly sweet. If you were trying a bit of character-building with this one (always tricky in the murky fan-fiction world), you have done it very well in very few words. It's as if the warmth of family which he had lost,  he gets vicariously through her.

2. I have a thing for fairytales and this was a particularly sad one. So many betrayals couched in silence, rooted in hopeless love. You said it all in the very first line. Beautiful read, that was.

3. Sensual, scenic. Both of them bound together by the magic of a moment- he refuses to give her the assurance of words, certain of the temporality of it, while she sees her own destiny and spins dreams around it. And so many other things. Loved reading this one.

4. Ah, this was heartbreaking. More than Betrayal. Khushi's loneliness is never apparent; she pretends to have friends and makes do with fireflies to chase darkness away. She is that strong. Yet, he has made her weak. She knows it, is helpless against it, and longs for what she thinks is not for her. I really want to give this girl a hug.

Just in case you haven't figured it out by now, you have a fan here. :) 
Originally posted by ScarbroughFair

You know it is easier to understand Arnav than Khushi. His anger and bitter words tumble out as a resistance to the need he feels, the desire his mind itches to explore. Khushi though has almost always been stung by the scorpion tail of his temper and her vulnerability and insecurities emerge out when she is around him.

So, why does she love him? And since when? And now I understand that there is no need to fix a time and date.
I want her to be strong. She wants to be strong too, this I learned from the above part, but that's always easier said than done.

These haikus you weave so effortlessly are beautiful and make me wonder if you have ever thought about publishing your work. Till then I am relying on that adage. You know the one which says that the best things in life are for free? :)

I was talking to this friend of mine over the weekend and he claims that it's quite easy to fall in love but extremely difficult and effort consuming to be in love. I think Arnav and Khushi are classic example for this.

I find both of them difficult to write and I partly blame writing on the show for it. Arnav, as you explained, is fairly straightforward but his behavior oscillates between hot and cold on and off which makes the entire situation too dynamic to predict its outcome. Khushi finds herself the receiving end of his mood swings and the primary antagonist for all the argument which arises thus.

I don't know why she loves him. Honestly, she is better of with someone like Akash who is stable, reserved and quiet. He would bring stability to her with his grounded nature and she would elevate his sense of world with her carefree chatter. Its the perfect complementing characteristics but they wouldn't click simply because they don't challenge each other nor push each others buttons just to screw with the others head. That's why Arnav and Khushi are fascinating to watch while Akash and Payal are poster children for sobriety.

Thanks. These are random thoughts which I cannot pen elsewhere :-) Found a place here, that's all. This style of writing or even word usage doesn't attract many. If it cannot generate people to read on this site, I would be a pauper if I were to publish :-)

Originally posted by greenteaholic

I was talking to this friend of mine over the weekend and he claims that it's quite easy to fall in love but extremely difficult and effort consuming to be in love. I think Arnav and Khushi are classic example for this.

I find both of them difficult to write and I partly blame writing on the show for it. Arnav, as you explained, is fairly straightforward but his behavior oscillates between hot and cold on and off which makes the entire situation too dynamic to predict its outcome. Khushi finds herself the receiving end of his mood swings and the primary antagonist for all the argument which arises thus.

I don't know why she loves him. Honestly, she is better of with someone like Akash who is stable, reserved and quiet. He would bring stability to her with his grounded nature and she would elevate his sense of world with her carefree chatter. Its the perfect complementing characteristics but they wouldn't click simply because they don't challenge each other nor push each others buttons just to screw with the others head. That's why Arnav and Khushi are fascinating to watch while Akash and Payal are poster children for sobriety.

Thanks. These are random thoughts which I cannot pen elsewhere :-) Found a place here, that's all. This style of writing or even word usage doesn't attract many. If it cannot generate people to read on this site, I would be a pauper if I were to publish :-)

Reading my comment again I realize that the thoughts I had to convey came out in an extremely scattered form. I guess that's what happens when you type from phone!

I agree with you on your take of why Akash and Khushi's relationship might not work. The spark is missing, or rather it is just not there. Still I feel that it is extremely difficult to love a man like Arnav (his handsome looks and smirk kept aside) because with him you are always on the edge. He is unpredictable and...extreme. In life you'd rather be with a person you can unwind with, you don't want to feel jittery all the time and keep on wondering what is going to happen next. Even in the show Arnav's feelings were given an intense build up but  Khushi's feelings went unexplored. His taunts and acidic jibes hurt her and she felt insecure but where in that mess did she fall for him?

Maybe it was the days he discovered her dhak-dhak and saw him for what he was, stripped off his pretences as he handled her the glass of water at teej. I wish we could see more of his lighter side.

Anyway I realize I am rambling again. But the long and short of it is that I love reading your take on this. I am new to this forum so I don't know how viewer ship works but this concept and your thoughts appear to me as a deftly written poem. I found this link quite by accident (serendipity!) many pages into the forum. I don't think many have seen this. I assure you you wouldn't be a pauper if ever you were to publish, I'd buy all that you write happily...I am greenteaholic's writing's-aholic. 

If that makes sense. πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

Originally posted by StripePurple

The first thing which attracted me to this was the description at the beginning- glimpses of a life passed. That is a very interesting perspective. :)
1. He doesn't like mornings, or the harsh light they bring. And she is like a shooting star. He is diabetic, and she is effortlessly sweet. If you were trying a bit of character-building with this one (always tricky in the murky fan-fiction world), you have done it very well in very few words. It's as if the warmth of family which he had lost,  he gets vicariously through her.

2. I have a thing for fairytales and this was a particularly sad one. So many betrayals couched in silence, rooted in hopeless love. You said it all in the very first line. Beautiful read, that was.

3. Sensual, scenic. Both of them bound together by the magic of a moment- he refuses to give her the assurance of words, certain of the temporality of it, while she sees her own destiny and spins dreams around it. And so many other things. Loved reading this one.

4. Ah, this was heartbreaking. More than Betrayal. Khushi's loneliness is never apparent; she pretends to have friends and makes do with fireflies to chase darkness away. She is that strong. Yet, he has made her weak. She knows it, is helpless against it, and longs for what she thinks is not for her. I really want to give this girl a hug.

Just in case you haven't figured it out by now, you have a fan here. :) 

Thanks so much!

Regarding #4: The angst and heartbreaking was totally unintentional. I was trying to get flippant and aloof mood set in there which after re-reading realized was completely missed. Even in the non-angst tone, angst was blatant and I finally accepted that this is what it should be.

Khushi wasn't all that explored as Arnav was. We never saw her throwing a tantrum cause she was having a bad day or was having her own mood swing.

Thanks a lot! :-)