waiting waiting waiting
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
   waiting waiting waiting
love2_soma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wow...maan concerned fr geet...dats new...

superb n beautiful update...

loved it very much...

thank u very much fr d lovely update...

waiting eagerly fr d nxt prt...

continue soon plz...

Edited by love2_soma - 10 years ago
AnonymousMG thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 8

Geet made her way out of Regent. The excitement of shopping, that too in such an elite market was palpable in her stride. She was literally jumping inside. Looking back at her life till now, she has never shopped for herself. For that matter she never had the luxury to shop anyhing. So this, this was such a liberating experience for her. Being on her own, her choice, as much money as she could spend! Oh God! This was way better than her dreams. She ditched her makeup and wig today and carelessly tied her overcoat on her waist, lost in this spirit of new found freedom. She was so excited about her maiden shopping extravaganza that she failed to notice how everyone on street was eyeing her, thanks to her attire. Some dismissively, some disgustedly and some lustfully. Had there been someone else in same clothes by a reputed designer label, the people who were scrunching their noses at her character would probably be admiring her fashion sense. Well that' s how people are in our society, the special 'elite' society! Judging a book by its covers! But Geet... she was oblivious to all the diry looks, lost watching things on display through the gilded classy windows of big brands... Gucci, Armani, Versace, Chanel, names she didn't even know how to pronounce. Within a few moments, she sees a shop that had really elegant dresses. Deciding to have a look, she makes her way inside. The shop was elegant, cavernous with plush black and white upholstery, giving it a really rich look. It was scantily crowded, with only a blonde receptionist in her jet-black attire with a brunette saleswoman in a brown dress who was politely dealing with a customer in one of the plush sofas. As Geet entered the shop, all the three woman raised their eyes, scanning her from top to toe. Paying no attention whatsoever to the looks given by those three women, Geet made her way to the dresses on display. A beautiful white dress caught her eye and she admired it for a while, unknown to the fact that the women were burning her down with their gazes as if she was a derogatory filth.

May I help you? The snooty brunette sales woman barked at her.

I'm just checkin' things out. Geet smiled politely unable to fathom the dripping disgust in the saleswoman voice.

The saleswoman caught hold of Geet's hand the moment she tried to touch the dress to feel the fabric. Are you looking for something in particular? She spoke through gritted teeth, not wanting to garner much more disdain from her other 'high class' customer present because of Geet's presence.

No. Well, yeah. Something... conservative. Yes. Though Geet wasn't someone to get intimidated easily, she was feeling uncomfortable with those looks and the tone of their voices. You got nice stuff. She admired genuinely.

As if she didn't hear anything, the saleswoman kept gazing her with the same expression. Geet meekly spoke How much is this? eying the dress.

With a menacing voice laced with mockery, the woman coldly replied I don't think this would fit you.

Geet was startled at her audacity. She bit back Well, I didn't ask if it would fit. I asked how much it was. She asserted as a matter of fact.

How much is this, Marie? The saleswoman spoke superciliously while turning slightly towards the blonde receptioninst.

It's VERY expensive. The blonde spoke cockily with an extra stress on very.

It's very expensive. The salesperson spoke again to Geet whose mouth was now open witnessing these snobby snoots.

Trying to ignore the pricking pain in her heart, she cleared her voice and spoke with confidence. Look, I got money to spend in here.

Cutting her stance in between, the brunette woman growled I don't think we have anything for you. Youre obviously in the wrong place. Please leave. She spoke while showing Geet the door.

Geet did not have it in her to deal with these haughty bitches for another second. She made her way out of the shop, when she heard the blonde shouting behind her "Doctor's office? Two blocks down and to your left." followed by the wolfish laughs of the three.

The tears Geet was fighting back till now made their way down her eyes. That searing pain their inhumane word caused her! Now when her bubble of euphoria was rudely burst, she was well aware of how people were ogling at her, like stripping her with their eyes only. All she could think at the moment was Maan! She did not know why. She covered herself with her coat trying to protect her as much as possible from these vulture's eyes. Her mind drifted back to Maan and the night they had spent together. His eyes! How different they were from all these people. Even when she had been naked beneath him, there wasn't this in his eyes. She could not actually put a name to the emotions that danced in his eyes last night and the morning today, but she was sure of one thing, it was anything but lust. Probably reverence. She shook herself  trying to get that thought out, that can't be. why would anybody respect a pros*****. His thoughts were her panacea. Unknown to her they gave her enough strength to not breakdown in the middle of road making a scene.

Relatively somber now, she entered the hotel. The glances refusing to leave her alone even here. The bellboys, the guests and now this guy, she thought to herself as she moved past Asad who was glaring her since the moment she had entered. Before she could move ahead him, he blocked her way.

Excuse me, miss, may I help you? Asad spoke icily.

Not again. Her heart constricted with the thought of going through the insult again. I'm going to my room. She tried to speak calmly.

Do you have a key? He continued in a no nonsense way.

Oh Babaji. I forgot that cardboard thing! Horror filled her as she realized her stupidity. I am on the top floor. She tried to explain.

You're a guest here? Asad continued unfazed, his impassive stare intact.

Hugging herself protectively, she spoke with minimum conviction in her voice. I'm with a friend. What else was she supposed to say?

And who would that be? He stared down her like before.

Maan. She uttered feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

Maan? Asad spoke scrunching his brows, his expressions changing for the first time since their encounter. Maan...he stared meaningfully at her again prompting her to continue.

Maan.. Maan...uh-.. umm... she fidgeted nervously under his gaze trying to remember Maan's last name. She definitely knew that but hadn't paid enough attention.

Suddenly the elevator opens and the liftman from their last night strolls out carelessly.

Geet lunged towards him holding Asad's hand unknowingly, startling him completely.

He knows me. She beamed at Asad with kiddish excitement, who was shocked at her audacity and was looking here and there wondering if anybody saw him 'the control freak' like this.

Gaining his momentarily lost composure back, he turned to the lift man, back in his i-am-the boss-here mode.

Dennis, did you just come off the night shift? Hmm? He spoke coldly while fixing Dennis's casually hung tie. He had real issues with his staff behaving carelessly like this.

Shivering under his icily frigid gaze, Dennis mumbled Yes, sir.

Do you know this young lady? He spoke eyeing Geet impassively.

She's with Mr. Khurana.

Khurana, yes...I am with Maan Khurana. Geet chirped, utterly happy thinking that the situation is now under control.

Thanks, Dennis. She muttered and moved to the elevator, thanking lord that the ordeal was over.

Evidently she joined him last night. Dennis whispered to Asad as soon as Geet was out of the ear's range.

Thank you. There was a ghost of evil smile marking Asad's handsome face. He strode into the elevator in a flashing second and pulled Geet out with her elbow, maintaining distance.

Oh, God! What now? What? What? Geet shouted exasperated. What is with everybody today?

Just come with me. Asad glowered at her in a deathly whisper trying to avoid unwanted attention. We'll have a little chat. Thank you. Dennis. He bit back to lift man who had stopped in his tracks to enjoy the free show.

Pushing her in his room rudely, Asad pointed her to a chair. Sit! he commanded which she meekly followed.

ASAD AHMED KHAN,
Manager Regent Beverly Wilshire

Geet silently read the big, calligraphed words gilded in gold at the table.

What is your name, miss? He hissed.

What do you want it to be? Geet spoke with double the amount of venom lacing her voice.

Don't play with me, young lady. He wiggled his finger dangerously at her.

Geet.

Thank you. Geet. Well, Miss Geet, he spoke seriously while sitting back at his chair. Things that go on in other hotels don't happen at the Regent Beverly Wilshire. He spoke with an impassive voice.Now, Mr. Khurana, however, is a very special customer, and we like to think of our special customers as friends. Now, as a customer, we would expect Mr. Khurana to sign in any additional guests, he continued gazing her reaction but as a friend, we are willing to overlook it. Now, I'm assuming that you're a-- he left the sentence hanging mid air. When Geet didn't say anything, he suggested exasperated

Relative?

Her eyes widened for a moment and then she meekly said Yes averting her gaze.

I thought so.Then you must be his-- Asad was enjoying this conversation now.

Niece? Geet asked nervously again rather than answering him.

Of course. Asad smiled for the first time at the child woman who sat ahead him. Naturally, when Mr. Maan leaves, I won't see you in this hotel again. I assume you have no other uncles here. He stifled a grin.

She nodded in denial hesitantly.

Good! Then we understand each other. I would also encourage you...he spoke after a pause... to dress a little more appropriately; that'll be all. He spoke much softly now.

That just broke her dam. Tears rolled down her eyes and within a fraction of second, she was bawling... making Asad jump in his seat alarmed.

No, that's not all. That's what I was trying to do. I tried to go...she wiped her running nose with back of her hands...get a dress on Rodeo Drive today, and the women wouldn't help me. Something crossed Asad's features as he heard her plain words with so much of hidden pain

And I have all this money now and no dress! She spoke while taking out a bunch of dollars bunched and crumpled mercilessly in her small handbag. Asad jumped startled seeing that much money stuffed in her bag.

Wiping her face again with the same hand, she spoke Not that I expect you to help me, but I have all of this, okay? Another fresh stream of tears followed making Asad squirmed uncomfortably.

I have to buy a dress for dinner tonight. And nobody will help me. Oh boy, she looked such a kid and no wonder her pain slits through anyone hearing her...Asad thought.

He handed her hankerchief avoiding touching her again. She literally snatched it from his hand and blew her nose in it sharply making Asad flinch back. He moved to his seat and without saying anything dialled a number.

Oh, man, you're callin' the cops! An expression of fleeting disbelief crossed Geet's face for a second.

Yeah, call the cops. That's great. Tell 'em I said hi. She spoke like a petulant kid crossing her arms. Asad's lips quirked unknowingly in a small smile at her behaviour.

Hello Women's clothing. Bridget, please. His impactful voice echoed through the room as Geet saw him agape.

Yes, Bridget. Hello. This is Asad ahmed Khan here at the Regent Beverly ...
Thank you, yes, but I'd ike you to do a favor for me, please...I'm sending someone over. Her name is Geet.
He smiled politely at Geet whose mouth was still wide open in shock.

She's a special guest.
He spoke nodding at Geet sweetly.

She's the niece of a very special guest. He grinned at her without breaking the eye contact making Geet flush.

At Maan's office.

The whole boardroom is dark and everyone is engrossed in the presentation at the screen. The screen shows the sprawling area under Raichand's industries.

Now, this is the jewel in Raichand's crown, Dev's voice echoed in the silent room. A prime industrial property straddling the port of Long Beach and Los Angeles. The real estate possibilities are endless,  but most of the yard we'll just level.

Suddenly a well suited young man enters the board room and disturbs the thick environment of the room.

We just got the information, Mr. Dev!

Dev talks to the man and turns around to Maan.

Maan, we just got the Raichand update. Don, can you hold the projection, please?

Yeah, what? Speak. Maan spoke while caressing his tie's knot from the morning absent-mindedly.

Old Man Raichand just got the inside track on a $350 million contract...to build destroyers for the Navy.

Navy contract! I can't believe this. One board member interjected shocked.

You said they had nothing in the hopper on this one! Another added hastily.

I thought they didn't. Dev replied exasperated.

Hey, you know, if that's true it could cost a lot more. Those stocks could go through the roof. Another one added.

See, we can still walk away from it. One of them suggested.

Walk away? Dev barked. Hey, forget it, pal. We got a thousand man-hours in on this! Nobody's walkin' away from anything!

Dev, I think he's right. Someone in the bunch added.

Gentlemen, relax! Relax! Maan finally spoke loudly bringing the room to a standstill again. The powerful CEOs voice was enough for everyone to shut up and listen with rapt attention.

Who do we know on the Senate Appropriations Committee? He turned to Dev taking things in his hand completely.

Senator Adams.

All right, Senator Adams. Let's find out where he is. The Navy's not gonna spend $350 million on anything without going to Appropriations first. Maan spoke coolly as if there is no big problem at hand.

I don't understand what's goin' on here today. Dev replied shocked.

Hello? That's why I hired you,Dev, to do my worrying for me. I'll be in your office. Maan strode out of the room calmly, his hands once again back to the tie.

Dev excused himself and followed Maan outside...Maan Listen, everything all set for the meeting tonight? He raised a brow.

Mm-hmm.

Who- Who is this girl you're going with? Dev inquired.

Nobody you know. Maan smiled softly and moved ahead lost in his own thoughts leaving Dev wondering Thats odd.

Asad! Geet literally ran to Asad in the lobby. Flustered at the unwanted attention they had gained, he scowled at her giving her a What look.

Oh Sorry, Mr Khan. I got a dress! She beamed.

Asad looked at her, realizing that she was wearing the same outfit from that of the morning, muttered disapprovingly Well, I'd rather hoped you'd be wearing it.

Oh, no, I didn't want to get it messed up itni jaldi! Listen, I got shoes too. You wanna see? She grinned. Asad looked up at her shocked, cant she see I am busy.

No, that won't be necessary. I'm sure they're quite lovely. Thank you. He spoke sarcastically.

Ignoring his dismissal, Geet continued Okay, well, listen. I didn't mean to interrupt you, but Bridget was really great...and I just wanted to say thanks. She spoke nervously giving him her cutest smile. Asad smiled warmly at her in reply.

You're cool. She grinned.

You're welcome, Miss Geet. He spoke with a brotherly affection seeping through his eyes.

The big pompous board at the reception read

Maan Khurana Enterprises
Attorney Dev Malhotra

Maan casually leans over the reception of his office and calls his penthouse. Geet who had just entered the room with her dress picked the phone in a two rings.

Hello? She spoke nonchalantly.

Never, ever pick up the phone. His husky voice echoed through the other end.

Oh that relief! Hearing his voice after such a shitty day!. She blushed and tried to reply in an unfazed voice then why are you calling me?

If only he knew why! I was missing you, your voice shayad! He himself didn't know why. Did you buy clothes today? He chose to change the subject.

Hmm... she chose to withhold the details.

That's good. After a momentary pause he added I'll be in the hotel lobby, 7:45 sharp.

What? You're not comin' up to the door? Disappointment clearly laced her voice.

This isn't a date.It's business. Maan spoke coldly.

Where are you takin' me anyway?

I'm taking you to a restaurant called the Voltaire.Very elegant.

All right. I'll meet you in the lobby, but only 'cause you're payin' me to. She retorted in Maan's way only.

Disappointment was now in Maan's heart heraing the word  'pay'. However, he masked it quick. Well, thank you very much and  he hanged the phone.

Maan did not like the sense of emptiness he felt the moment he put down the phone. A naughtiness gleamed in his eyes and he turned to the receptionist again.

Get her back for me.

Mr. Dev wanted to see you. Someone disturbed him from behind.

Yes, tell him I'm in the middle of a very important phone call. Maan dismissed him without even turning back.

Hello? Geet picked it in a single ring.

I told you not to pick up the phone. Maan tried to speak sternly but his giggle gave away. Maan singh Khurana giggling, the receptionist almost had a heart attack!

Then stop callin' me. Geet rolled her eyes amused at his antics.

Grinning he hanged. Geet looked at the receiver shocked, her mouth a shape of small o, Rakh diya! Sick...Huh

Geet sprinted to Mr. Khan again in the lobby. Asad! She neared him and whispered in his ear when she saw people glaring her.

Asad now knew better that there was no point trying to explain her to maintain a physical distance..It didn't fit? He whispered raising a mocking brow.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Uh- I've got a little problem. She pouted with her puppy please-help-me looks. Asad rolled his eyes at her juvenile behavior.

All right, Miss Geet, one more time. Asad spoke warmly. He and Geet were sitting in the Great dining hall of the hotel at a dinner table and Asad was trying to make her learn how to conduct yourself at a formal dinner.

Dinner napkin?

Dinner napkin, lay gently in the lap.

Good. Elbows off the table! He scolded gently when Geet relaxed like a schoolgirl at the table. And Don't slouch. He admonished.

Shrimp fork, salad fork, dinner fork. He explained raising each fork, one at a time.

I definitely have the salad fork. The rest of the silverware is a little confusing. Geet looked up to him nervous.

All right, if you get nervous, just count the tines. Four tines: dinner fork. And sometimes there are three tines in the salad fork. And sometimes--- They continued their mission formal dinner.

Pardon me, Mr. Khurana. I'm Mr. Khan. I'm the manager of the hotel. Asad spoke formally to Maan in the lobby in the evening.

Uh-huh. Excuse me, I just want to make one call. Maan dismissed him giving him a single glance. The arrogant MSK is back.

Yes, um, sir. I have a message for you, sir. Asad politely spoke.

From who? Maan replied as brusque as ever.

From your niece, sir. Asad had to bite his tongue inside to maintain a straight face and not give a face splitting grin to this arrogant high headed customer's shock.

My what??? Every inch of Maan's face was etched with the confusion.

The young lady who's staying with you in your room, sir. He spoke impassively.

Oh. Hmm. He nodded as his mind registered what exactly has happened.

I think we both know that she's not my niece. He added after a brief pause his voice devoid of any previous arrogance.

Of course.

The reason I know that is that I am an only child.
Maan winked shocking the day lights out of Asad, playful Maan Singh Khurana! He wanted to pinch himself to see if thats a day dream but decided otherwise.

Yes, sir. Asad maintained the warm, abiding Manager face.

What's the message?

She's waiting for you in the lounge.

Nodding Maan made his way to the lobby when Asad's voice startled him

Intriguing young lady, Miss Geet.

Intriguing. Maan repaeted after Asad, coldness was back in his eyes cleary giving Asad a clear signal of back-off-from-my-girl.

Have a good evening, sir. Asad left with grace.

Maan shook his head at the odd encounter and made his way to the lobby for his 'paid' date.

Chapter 9- Page 34

So that was it people for this chapter. I hope it's long enough. I had some issues going on in this week and hence a late update. Apologies!😳  With this comes another warning. I am moving to Hyderabad soon for my first job. So yep, you know the kind of work involved! Shifting, shopping, getting required certificates etc. On my nerves! Plus I am going to be trained rigourously for next three months or so. So, yep, the zist of my Ram-katha is updates are going to be irregular Though I ASSURE you it wont be left in between, bcz I love doing this adaptation. Its kind of a hobby. Bear with me. and all those people who press likes and leave comments..a big thanks. Means a lot and is motivating as well. A special thanks to maanland, yappingduck,9n9i9s9h9u9 (wonderful poems) ,flopsy,punam2712 and nehakappor for supporting it with their kind words since day one.

Also I wanted to know HOW DO YOU EMBED A SOUND FILE IN A POST. I want to put in a track, not like a you tube link or click me to listen types. I want to embed it within the post, so when you open that particular page, the song runs automatically. E.G the way Muskan had done in Dhundhale Aks's first page, embedded the Bin tere song, something like that.

Secondly I wanted a banner. if someone here knows photoshop and can merge these two images together for a signature😕, would be a nice help.

PS: For PMs, add as buddy.

Edited by AnonymousMG - 10 years ago
mhappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

RES POST

MEANS YOU ARE UPDATING
WAIITNG DEAR
mhappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 9n9i9s9h9u9