Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Briliant, emotional and thought provoking post Naina.

alexxa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Legally speaking Momli cannot marry under Hindu Marriage Act, if Emily does not convert. If both keep their respective religions,they have to marry in the court or get their marriage registered under Special Marriage Act. If that is not done than in the eyes of law the marriage is not valid at all even if you marry in a function at home. There can be problems than if unregistered, if there is a divorce or issue of inheritance as court will refuse to recognize the marriage. Regarding your other question on religion being a big issue, in India it is. Intercaste marriages are happening in cities but inter religious marriages are not very common to my knowledge. The percentage is still less.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for explaining, UMDU!
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Wonderful post Naina. 

But... I'll be honest...that while I am a proponent of religious tolerance...I do not like this track at all.  🀒

Again, I'll be honest and say that my POV stems from the fact that I am not in favor of inter-faith marriages.  This is not because of the difference in religions that bothers me...it's just that in my personal experience I have not found them to succeed.

I'm not sure which message DABH is trying to give out in this track.  Is it respect for other religions...or acceptance of inter-faith marriages?

Either way...and especially if it's the latter...the team needs to be commended for taking on such controversial issue.  Will they be successful in changing the mind-set of society at large..I doubt it.  And like others have said, I wish that Emily's pregnancy was not an issue.  Because then what have the CVs shown?...Acceptance of  a DIL of another faith by forced circumstances?...But that's not an acceptance from the heart. πŸ˜•

As for Maasa teaching Emily and preparing her thaali...we can't really forget the fact that she doesn't know Emily is Christian.  I think her reaction to Emily merely even touching the thali would be quite different if the truth was before her.

Also...I had always thought that Bhabo compromising on the issue of religion was an impossibility...it would mean changing the nature of her character.  I thought this would be her limit...that she would throw Mohit out of the house.  But no, instead she seems to have given up, and sat down like a deflated balloon...and left everything to Sandhya.  

The CVs are attempting to make Sandhya out to be some kind of a wonder woman that can work miracles.  It's just not something I am being able to swallow.  She has to be able to make a mistake every now and then.  She can't always be right.  And it's not that easy to change a society's mind-set.

Let's see what happens...CVs...amaze me please. πŸ€”
Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
very very good post Naina πŸ‘...I always support inter-racial and inter-religion marriages because of personal reasons πŸ˜‰

regarding DABH... I agree with UMDUji, making Emily pregnant is not the right way to show this marriage or unity...but they (CVs) can use this as a starting point to create the awareness...maybe in future they can show bhabo slowly changing her mindset and accepting Emily whole heartedly...that would be a better message and the current 'forced' marriage 😊 
vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
😳 Hello Naina Di...!! 

Its just glad 2 see u pop up n post thought provoking ones..!!πŸ˜ƒβ­οΈπŸ‘

hats off! πŸ‘

Yeah DABH is special when compared to all other serials..!!😳 and yeah I do hope this ends well and send a msg to all viewers😳