Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
A good one but too short! I'm gonna tag your story in my signature so it gets more readers. It's so sweet, simple and in character. Really love it!
sophie420 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice update!
Looking forward to the next chapter! 
eshasrk thumbnail
I just cannot describe this FF...it is amazingly beautiful
I just read all the updates in one hit...you are an amazing writer 👏
Please continue whenever you have the chance...I am so curious what Asad is gonna do
pinks73 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3
Phew!!!! I hope you guys like it

Chapter 7

Asad unlocked the main door to the house. The house was silent and the lights were switched off. He quietly made his way to his room and then changed his mind. He headed for Najma's room maybe she was awake. He wanted to talk to someone. He knocked on her door. There was no answer, he whispered her name and cracked open the door a little. She was in deep sleep. He could hear her steady breathing. He didn't want to wake her up so he headed towards Zoya's room. She would surely be awake doing her last minute packing. There was no light coming out of Zoya's room. He knocked anyway but there was no answer. I'll talk to her in the morning before she leaves for the airport, he thought.

He was tossing and turning in his bed. He did not want to sleep anyway. He wanted to make sure he was awake when she woke up. He would tell her how much he loved her and how much she meant to him. If she rejected him, so be it.

Faint light was seeping in through the sheer window covers. Asad woke up with a start. His first thought was that he had overslept. He looked at his bedside clock; it was 6 in the morning. Zoya could not have left yet, he thought, her flight is at 8:40 but he had to catch her soon.

He hurried out of his room only to bump into Dilshad.

"Ammi," he said, "Where is Zoya? Is she having breakfast?"

"No beta", Dilshad said, "She left for the airport"

"What? Already?" Asad's heart sank

"They just left five minutes ago. The driver was late so she panicked and called Zuhair. He came and picked her up on his way to the airport" Dilshad explained.

"Ammi, why didn't you wake me up" Asad was losing his patience and made his way to his room.

"Zoya didn't want me to" Dilshad said following him.

Asad stormed into his bathroom. He did not want to waste any time. He took out his kurta and looked around for a shirt. He took out the t-shirt he had discarded into the laundry hamper last night and put it on. He looked around and not seeing his pants anywhere dived in to the hamper again and took out his jeans and wore it.

"Ammi, Can you please take some of my clothes from the closet and throw them in a plastic bag?" Asad shouted from the bathroom, an idea just striking him.

"Okay Asad but which ones?" Dilshad hurried to his closet and pulled a couple of shirts from the hanger and opened the drawers.

"Ammi, it doesn't matter just stuff it in" Asad came out of the bathroom. He came and took the plastic bag from Dilshad's hands and said "I'll buy the rest if I have to".

He stuffed his wallet in his pocket and gave her a worried look. "Ammi if I miss Zoya's flight then I'll take the next one to Delhi. Okay?"

"Sure" Dilshad smiled. She had a million questions but it could all wait.

Asad drove the car out of the driveway when he saw their driver hurrying in.

"Saqeeb, get into the car right now, I'll need you to bring back Najma from the airport if I go to Delhi" He momentarily stopped the car.

Saqeeb got in, relieved that no questions were asked about him being late.

The taxi entered the Raja Bhoj Airport and parked in front of the entrance. This journey has come a full circle, thought Zoya. She remembered the time when she had come to this city excited that she was embarking on an adventure. It was an adventure all right, she thought with a heavy heart. She had expected that she would finally be searching for her long lost father only to be told that she was getting married to a perfect stranger. It seemed like a lifetime ago. The search had not come to much but now she was going back home with a broken heart. In a way she was glad she was going back to New York. She would have to get her life in order though, getting a job would be first in her list of priorities and then an apartment.  Soon she would forget everything and everyone, she assured herself. Manhattan is so crowded and the life is so fast that India will look like a world away and soon she will get too engrossed in her world to even realize that she had a heart to heal.

"Take out your tickets Zee we have to show them at the entrance" Zuhair said taking the luggage out of the trunk.

Zoya took out the printout from her bag and headed for the entrance.

"Let me get Najma's entrance ticket and I'll meet you inside." Zuhair called out from behind.

"I'll take the luggage" Zoya said taking the trolley from him and pushing it inside.

Zoya was standing in line at the checkout counter when she saw Zuhair and Najma walking in. Najma was in tears and she came and hugged Zoya.

"I'll miss you a lot Zoya, wish Bhaijaan was here" said Najma, then placed her hand on her mouth, horrified at what she had said.

Zoya looked sharply at Zuhair.

"I'm sorry Zee I had to tell her" said Zuhair with a shrug

"It's okay Najma. I'll miss you too" said Zoya hugging her back

Asad was driving way too fast than he should but his heart was racing faster. His car screeched to a halt in front of the entrance of the airport. He grabbed his plastic bag and jumped out of the car.

"Just park it somewhere and wait for Najma." He barked his orders and ran towards the ticket counter.

When he entered the airport he looked at the screen and was relieved to see that the flight had not taken off yet.

He searched for the familiar face and he saw her sitting on the bench and studying a piece of paper. He took a deep breath and said to himself,

"Okay, Asad don't mess it up"

He went and stood in front of her. Zoya looked up and said,

"Zuhair , not fair, why do you have the window se….."

She froze.

"Zoya…" , started Asad.

Zoya got up and started to leave when Asad caught her arm.

"Please Zoya, will you at least listen to what I have to say" Asad pleaded

"Make it fast Mr. Khan, I have a flight to catch." said Zoya, looking at Zuhair and Najma standing at the far end of the hall, talking.

"Zoya, I want to apologize to you for all the things I have said to you….." Asad said, encouraged by the fact that she had not jerked her hand away.

"Mr. Khan that will take hours and I don't have that kind of time" Zoya said, this time looking at the monitor in front of her.

"Okay Zoya, then here goes." He took a deep breath and tightened his grip around her wrist.

" I know we have fought like crazy and our thoughts and actions clash all the time. I know we are very different individual but if I cannot imagine living my life without you. Please don't leave. I love you."

Zoya looked at him, shocked. There was long silence.  Her smile slowly spread across her face and she threw her arms around his neck and said

"What took you so long?" 

He was going to hug her back when he realized that the crowds around them were listening intently to their conversation. Some were winking at him and cheering him on. He turned around and with her hand in his started walking towards the exit

"Mr. Khan what about my ticket?" said Zoya

"Throw it" said Asad

"How irresponsible" Zoya teased.

Asad turned and smiled and Zoya's heart did a somersault. She had never seen him give such a genuine smile before. It' always going to be like this, she thought, her hands in his and the smile just for her.

"Zee, Mr. A, so you guys are going home?" Zuhair called out from behind,Najma at his side, beaming. Apparently the proposal and the acceptance story had reached all ends of the Airport.

"Yes Zoya is coming home with me and she is not going to New York or Delhi" said Asad in a tone that would not harbor any arguments.

"Zee? You okay with that?" Zuhair asked smiling at Zoya, already anticipating her reply.

"Yes" she said gently taking her hand out of Asad's grip and going towards Najma to hug her.

"Najma, I'm so happy!" she said while hugging her.

"Me too, I can finally call you Bhabhi now" said Najma excitedly

"Me too" Zuhair exclaimed and went to join them in the hug only to be stopped by Asad.

Asad's firm grip came to rest on Zuhair's shoulders and he said with a firm voice, "Get off her".

Zoya and Najma broke their hug and Zoya stood by Asad's side again.

"But I am the boyfriend, remember?" Zuahir said laughing

Asad's expression became even more serious and taking Zoya's hand in his, he said. "If you ever say that again, ever…."

"Zee, watch out there, that's one jealous husband you are going to have" Zuhiar said shaking his head. "Don't tell me I didn't warn you"

"Your flight is boarding" Asad said pointing out to the screen

"I don't think I want to go to Delhi now. Not with so much excitement happening here." said Zuhair

"The excitement has nothing to do with you" said Asad blandly. He wanted to get rid of Zuhair and cut the conversation short so he could have Zoya to himself. He had tons of things to talk to her about.

Zoya gave Asad a warning look and said to Zuhair, "Change your dates, come home with us"

"Yes!" said Najma

"What!?" Asad said horrified at the thought of putting up with the guy for a few more days.

Zoya gave Asad another look that told him this was his last chance.

"No I was saying because he won't be able to change the tickets now, it's too late. He will have to buy a new one and this one will go to waste" Asad explained to no one in particular because Zuhair, Najma and Zoya had already moved on in different directions, Zuhair to cancel his tickets and Zoya and Najma to get the luggage back.

Asad was glad he had asked saqeeb to stay back. They were all crammed in the back seat of the car. Asad was holding Zoya's hand and sitting next to her. He had no idea why Zuhair was sitting next to him and not in the front passenger seat. Najma was squished next to Zuhair on the far end.

"Zuhair, can you please sit in front with Saqeeb?" said Asad trying not to sound too irritated.

"But the suitcase in the front seat" Zuhair protested

"Why is the suitcase in the front seat and not in the trunk?" asked Asad

"Because Zoya's luggage is in the back" Zuhair shrugged

"How did it fit in the taxi then?" Asad asked brushing off Zuhair's hair touching his ears.

"It didn't. It was in the front seat and the three of us fit in perfectly at the back. You were not there, remember?" Zuhair said

Asad gave up on the argument and thought they will be home soon.

He lifted Zoya's hand and brushed his lips against it. "Are you okay?" he asked gently

"I am fine if only you would scoot in a little" the voice came from his right.

Asad rolled his eyes. "I was not asking you"

Everyone in the car started laughing and Asad was sure he heard a chuckle from Saqeeb too. He looked at Zoya laughing away and he couldn't help but smile.

Zoya was home. She looked around the yard. This was going to be her favorite place in the house. Her house. She had always wanted to belong. She now had an amazing sister and a mother she always yearned for and of course Mr. Khan. She still could not believe he had actually come and told her he loved her in front of strangers, that too in a public place.

Asad came and sat on the bench beside her. Her heartbeat escalated. Now they were alone. Phuphi had whole heartedly welcomed her in her fold and honestly she had never seen Phuphi so happy.

"Mr Khan…." Zoya started

"Asad" he corrected her taking her hand in his and placing his other hand around her waist pulling her closer.

"Okay Asad, if I had left for Delhi then what would you have done?" asked Zoya

"That's simple, I would have come to Delhi and before you ask, if you had left for New York I would have come there too" said Asad tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Oh it would have been so nice. I want you to come to New York with me. I want to show you all my haunts and the places I was fond of" Zoya said

"But we will go to New York" Asad said slowly

"Really? When?" Zoya said excitedly

"On our Honeymoon" Asad said placing his forehead against hers.

For a long time there was a silence. Both were savoring the moment, lost in their world when Asad finally said "I can't live like this anymore Zoya, let's get married"

"Whenever you want" she said and placed her head on his shoulders. He gathered her in his arms and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You know you haven't said it yet" said Asad

"What?" Zoya feigned ignorance.

"You know what?" said Asad, "the three words"

"Not going anywhere?"Zoya teased

"Not bad" Asad said

"How about, I am home" Zoya offered smiling up at him

"That too" Asad said caressing her dimple, something he was waiting to do for the longest time. Zoya trembled under the touch

"Okay how about, I love India" Zoya exclaimed

"That's good too" Asad said, his fingers outlining her profile, lingering on her lips for a few moments longer than necessary. She blindingly pushed her hands into his hair and brought his head down to hers and whispered into his ears

"I love you"

"Get a room, both of you" Came a voice from behind them.

They both jerked away from each other.

"Zuhair, what are you doing here?" said Zoya, a little embarrassed.

"Will I have to tolerate him for the rest of my life" said an irritated Asad to no one in particular. He could kill the guy for ruining the beautiful moment.

"Well, yes and no" said Zuhair

"What do you mean?" Asad asked

"Well, you see a funny thing happened to me while I was here in Bhopal" said Zuhair

"Okay?" Asad prompted. He wanted the story to be over with.

"I fell in love" Zuahir said, happily.

Asad took Zoya's hand in his and looked at Zuhair questioningly.

"Take it down a notch Mr. A. It's not Zoya. That's disgusting" He made a face

"Heyyy" Zoya cried

"No I mean Zee not for you and Mr. A here but you and me? Come on" Zuhair said

"Okay who is it?" Asad asked

"Wait! Zuhair said taking a few steps back. "Okay now it's safe"

"Who is it?" Asad ground his teeth. This guy could get on his nerves

"Najma" blurted out Zuhair

"WHAT"? Asad could not believe his ears "Does she know? Does she like you too?" O God let it not be true.

"Of course she does, I mean look at it me, who wouldn't?" Zuahir said. His joke fell flat, then he said quietly  "She is behind the pillar, ask her."

Najma stepped out from behind the pillar. "Bhaijaan, Zoya….."

Asad saw Zoya run past him and hug Najma.

'I am so happy for you, both of you." Zoya said

"What? Zoya? Did you know about this?" Asad asked

"No, but Allah Miyan, what's wrong with me? How come I didn't see it coming?" Zoya said engulfing Zuahir in the hug too.

"First of all, too much hugging going on in this house. Secondly Najma are you crazy? You could not find anybody else. I mean look at him. He is unkempt, he is irresponsible, he is unreliable, he is immature and he will be my brother-in-law?" Asad was aghast when the impact of the last part of his sentence hit him.

"Bhaijaan, when Zoya came to live with us that's what you thought about her?" Najma was nearly in tears now.

"Yes Mr. Khan didn't you? Or do you think I am still all that" Zoya raised an eyebrow

"No of course not, it's not about you and me, it's about them Zoya" said Asad

"Mr. Khan as you have noticed yourself, first impressions can be deceitful.  At least give Zuahir a chance. I have known him all my life and I can tell you he is an amazing person." said Zoya

"Thanks Zee" Zuhiar said quietly giving her small thumbs up.

"I have to live with you and him now" said Asad, rubbing his forehead.

"I heard that!" Zoya said with both her hands folded across her chest.

"No of course I didn't mean it like that. I mean I know Zuhair is a nice guy" Asad tried to soothe things out.

"Oh Mr. A, you are an awesome guy too?" Zuhair hugged Asad and before Asad knew what was happening he was right in the middle of a group hug.

He looked over at Zoya on his right, she was smiling blissfully with her eyes closed. He looked at Najma looking happier than he had ever seen her. Zuhair was grinning at Najma, a look of love in his eyes that was unmistakable, his arms around Najma and Zoya. He was home too, finally and he gave in to his resistance and wholeheartedly dived into the hug.

Dilshad was watching the happenings from the patio. Double wedding sounds really good, she smiled.

DreA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Oh my gosh. I love you. I love this story. ❤️ When are you going to write a next one? This entire FF has a place in my heart. I smiled reading each and every single word!!
I'll be looking out for more stories from you😃
PLEASE PLEASE Write more!!!!
Asya0910 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I actually read the whole FF at once. It was amazing!!!!! Please write another story... i mean if you can and have the time. I loved it!!!!! wonderful!
kohli4ever thumbnail
Okay okay that is one of the awesome-est FFs i have ever read! 👏
It was absolutely amazing... Zuhair was an amazing addition... I really want to see a jealous Asad... 
Aww Tamatar finds her love tooo! 😳 
Asad is just Asad.. 😆 And Zoya is just so adorably cute and just Zoya... 😆😳
You have to write more.. And if u do please PM me! 😊
exoLarmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ohh my lawd!!!! I just wann give you a tight hug for writing up such an AMAZING FF!! You made my entire day like quite literally it was so good to read!

Made me smile first thing in the morning l Lmao!!

& please please please do write another one!! If this one had carried on it would have been so fabulous! I mean you could still give it a go ( puppy face) pretty please?

I have to say, Zoyas friend being introduced into the story was one really good thing about the FF and how najma found true love! Both siblings who has never been loved by their father ( or never given the love more like) found true love and that was adorable! And Dilshad watching them hug at the end was so cute!!

The confession was cute as ever!! And zuhairs funny character was so good!! Lovd the humour, jealousy and pure love show in this FF!! <3

Thanks Babe xEdited by beautiful1 - 11 years ago
luvushivin1 thumbnail
oh my god...i m fainting...what an awsum part
blueflames thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it loved it loved it...