wow wht a amazing thrillr ff πŸ‘
koisk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
High time😊, lovely update.
jahnvi.luvs.ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
ok it was damn unnerving update...i was sitting on the edge of the chair to know whats next...arnav is legal heir no dhruv is legal heir...gayathri is legal wife arghh that was all confusing but at the end...arnav and sid in action made rana go all mad...
loved the update...thanks for pm :)
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the Author's desk: Hello lovely people, Here is the next update... Oh...so finally I am so happy to remove all the knots that I have been holding in my hands- and for once tell you all the secret plot which I have bee holding from all of you... Did I say all the knots? there is only one still in my hands- and that I have reserved for my Last update- which will hit you all soon...

Happy reading- and Hugs and kisses to all of you for your wonderful comments!

Its been almost half an hour after Rana was rounded up and arrested. Dhruv stood there rooted to spot as he took in the scene around him.

A very anxious Anjali and visibly pained Kushi was hovering over Arnav, while Anjali was already letting out tears of relief that everything was over at last, treating Arnav's glass cut wounds, Kushi was almost on the edge, divided between her duties as a mother- and a wife. What with soothing a cranky and irritated Arush, who was crying non stop- to calm down and sleep, and a pissed off Arnav who was again and again assuring his sister and wife that he was alright, Kushi kept touching and holding his hands to ensure that he was safe and all was over at last.

"Kushi I really think, you should go and put Arush to sleep"

"It's Alright, I am not going away from you, He will sleep here"

While this was happening on one end, the other end was displaying another level of madness'

"BE GENTLE WOMAN!" Sid screamed as La checked out one of his ankle.

"Sorry Sorry" La told him quickly as she slowly placed the ankle back on the cushion.

"Do you think it could be a Fracture Ashok?" La asked Ashok who was dressing Sid's bullet wound on his arm.

"No I think it is just a sprain' Wait let me get over with this' Thank god the bullet didn't peirce you Sid, it was just a surface abrasion"

"Yeah I am thanking god it didn't enter my heart" Sid told closing his eyes in pain and irritation

"it's almost done"

"I didn't know I would be operated without an anesthesia- its barbaric! Kitchen knife cutting my arms!"

"I didn't do any operation on you, just cleaning the wound, Didn't I tell you? The bullet didnt enter you ' it just scraped on your arm" Ashok told him

"Easily said- its burning for me! Hey Arnav Mate- look what all I took on myself for your wedding celebrations!- don't ever forget this! You owe me one high time!"

"Anytime Sid" Arnav chuckled

"I didn't know you would be such a baby with wounds Sid" La chuckled

"Lav, could you just stand up and look on the other side of the hall? Learn how to worry when your man is hurt- He only got glass cut wounds and look at him being pampered with so much worry- here I am hit with a bullet and my Girlfriend complaints that I am being childish"

On the other end, Payal and NK had finally pacified a worried Nani and Mami, and had taken them to their respective rooms to make them take rest. Dadi had told them that she wanted to stay in the hall for a little while. Akaash had left with the Police officer to give a written account of whatever happened and finish the FIR formalities. The audio tapes which had been recording all that had happened in the last two hours, conveniently happened to be hardcore witness against Rana. Rana fell into his own grave...

"I am giving you a pain killer Sid" Ashok told as he smiled hearing the ramblings of Sid.

"Give me whatever you want- I don't want this pain- Oh god this is killing me"

"you are pathetic Sid" Nk called out as he came and sat next to them.

"Oh stop it Sid- The only thing you haven't done is asking for your mamma" La told him again.

Sid glared at a grinning La.

"Do you reckon we should inform her then to come immediately and nurse her baby boy?" Ashok joined the fun.

Then the two started laughing- Sid stared at the two and then joined in the laughing mela.

Dhruv stood there taking in all that was happening around him, not even sure if he belonged there or not' He definely didn't belong there he thought, a loving and caring family was denied to him at a very young age. He had thought that he didn't have a family other than his Mama, he had trusted in him until this evening- he had believed that his mother was dead- dead because of this family- how wrong he had been? He turned back sensing some movement near him and was surprised to see his mother standing so close to him.

A lump seemed to be formed in his throat, he wanted to speak to her, but no voice came out. She looked at him hungrily, the pain of getting separated from her son, the agony of having forced herself to refrain from getting in contact with him- visible in her eyes.

"I am so sorry Dhruv" She whispered to him amidst her tears "for neglecting you all these years"

He didn't know what to tell her, was he angry with her? Or was he scared that she wouldn't accept him after what he had been all these years? Was he ashamed himself? Or was he blaming his mother for his state? He couldn't say- He stood there, closing his eyes as her soft fingers brushed aside his damp hair on his forehead.

Payal who was now standing near Kushi asking her to go and put Arush to sleep, nudged her, towards the direction where Dhruv and Gayathri were standing.

Kushi turned to look at them, stared at them sadly and then passing Arush to Payal, she took the first aid box and went to Gayathri. She extended it to her and gave her an encouraging nod.

Anjali stopped nursing Arnav's wounds and both of them saw this happening, On the other side, Sid and group also watched this with bated breath.

"I.. I am alright'I ..I don't ne' need i..it" Dhruv stammered nervously, brushing away his mother's hands on his face, He stepped away from both the ladies, turned his back and started walking to the entrance.

He had been living away from this affection all his life' Why should he need it now? He had seen and felt the pain of loving one's family- one's mother' He had felt the vulnerability- If loving a family could be this painful- he is better off without it'

"Where are you going?" Dadi's voice stopped him

"I am going away.. I don't belong here' I don't want to' it is all so painful'" he muttered more to himself.

"What do you mean- you don't belong here?" Kushi asked him, this took him by surprise for he was never spoken to in a commanding voice like that- not by a girl' He looked at her with an unbelievable expression

"You very much belong here' If family love is only painful- why do you think people crave for it?"

"Don't talk to me like that" He screamed at her. It somuch reminded her of her own prince that an unknowing smile creeped into her lips.

"Don't mock at me" He screamed again.

"Don't scream at her" Kushi heard a growl from behind her, which made her roll her eyes'

"Is being Arrogant, Adamant and Angry all the time- a flaw which comes in the blood?" She asked as she turned to look at her husband

"Kushi- You.."

"Stop it both of you'" Kushi said before Arnav could finish his sentence. She went near Dhruv and took his hand and dragged him inside to his surprise. He gave in shocked at the girl's audacity.

She pushed him on a couch, and dragged a teary eyed Gayathri to him as well

"Tend to your son- I have my own son to look after" she winked at her

"You are not going anywhere' understood?" She told Dhruv who reticently nodded his head.

"Trust Kushi for breaking the ice!" Sid commented as NK and La smiled at him.

"Hmm, he sure needs a firm telling- But otherwise' he is manageable'" Kushi commented back as she took Arush from Payal

"Shall we go up Beta? Ready to sleep with Momma?"

Dadi smiled at Kushi, before she too got up to leave the place.

"But Kushiji'What about your Suhaagraat?" NK asked suddenly as Sid and La smirked.

"They just had an adventurous night NK!" Sid teased them, Arnav rolled his eyes again as Kushi stared at both of them. How could they even think of Suhaagraat after such an incident?

"I think, NK is right, you both should forget about all this and go on with life.. Afterall today is very special for you both... Don't let this incident hamper your happiness" Dadi advised them.

Just then they all saw Akaash walking in. After quick enquiry they all decided to finally call it a day.

Dadi started walking to her room

"Dadi" Anjali called. Ever since she heard from Dadi about her parent's wedding- it has been nagging her heart. She wanted to know the truth

Dadi turned to look at Anjali. Arnav became tensed too, for he too knew where this was getting to.

"Dadi, I want to know the truth" Anjali told her with tears brimming her eyes'

Gayathri stopped doing whatever she was doing and stared at Dadi, with fear in her eyes, Dhruv stiffened too. Arnav looked at Dadi with anticipation and anxiousness.

"Please Dadi .. Tell me if whatever you told to Rana is truth or not' I need to know- please"

Dadi gazed at Gayathri for a moment. Then she took a look at all her grandchildren.

"I told half-truth Anjali bitiya- That was all I could do to save both my grandsons" Dadi told with a sigh

"Which part of it is truth Dadi?" Anjali's voice was almost a whisper.

Anjali clutched her brother's hand tightly, She was shocked to find it cold and shivering as well. She looked into his eyes; It reflected the emotions that she was undergoing as well' A fear of what they were going to hear. Kushi was worried for her husband and her Sister in law. The Room had gone quiet all of a sudden. Everyone were looking anxiously at what Dadi was going to say.

Kushi walked up to Arnav and clutched his arm. She could sense his stiffened and tensed self. She wished she could make it easy for him to face whatever he was undergoing right now'

Dadi looked at Anjali and Arnav- She saw Dhruv looking at her too. Gayathri was shaking her head at Dadi. Dadi made up her mind to tell them the truth.

"That Gayathri is Agrim legitimate wife" Dadi told in a hoarse voice.

Arnav shut his eyes in despair. He didn't mind him not being the heir for the title' But knowing that his mother is not the legitimate wife for his father- the fact that they were both born out of wedlock- pained him a lot, Next to him, Anjali broke into sobs. On his other side, he could sense Kushi crying for him too. He wanted to cry too' He wanted to cry for his Mother's fate- and yearn for the loneliness to do so.

Gayathri was crying silently too.

"I am sorry Gayathri- I had to break the promise that I gave to you- not to disclose this truth to anyone' I didn't have much choice" Dadi told Gayathri. Dhruv looked back and forth at Dadi and his mom. He didn't know if he had to feel relieved or not. His mother was crying on this news- and it definitely didn't look like happy tears.

"Tell me one thing" Arnav asked his Dadi in a strained voice "Did ma know about this? Was this truth in any way responsible for her death?"

Dadi swallowed. Gayathri gasped at the question too. She dreaded the answer.
"She came to know about it on that fateful day Arnav" Dadi told him in almost a whisper. 

"The truth forced her to kill herself"  Arnav concluded with contempt as he looked ahead at Dadi. Kushi looked at her husband worriedly.

An uneasy silence settled in, No one spoke for some time.

"But then it means- the other thing that you told is false- Dhruv is not the actual heir" Sid was the first one to break the silence

Dadi looked at Sid and sighed

"Yes" Dadi told "Arnav is the actual heir for the title"

This revelation confused everyone there'

"But how is it possible- I don't get this" Sid told aloud- reflecting every one's thought. Arnav was the only one for whom it didn't matter anymore.

"It is simple enough" Dadi told them with a smile "Arnav is elder to Dhruv"

"But' you just said that Nannav and Di are not legitimate"

"I only said Ratna was not Agrim's legitimate wife. "

"Which makes them ' born out of wed lock?"

"But that doesn't matter- Arnav is the first son born in this blood line- Which makes him eligible for the title- it doesn't matter if he is born out of wed lock or not- this is a written down rule for generations" Dadi explained. "We descend down the line of rulers- the rulers were entitled to have more than one wifes those days- and it didnt matter which wife gave him the first son- the son born out of a wedlock as per hindu customs are enough to hold him legitimate according to the laws of the throne- it is the same authority that defines who is the legitimate heir to get the title- according to that- Arnav is elder- and he is the heir to the throne and title"

"But does it hold good for Indian law?" Ashok raised his doubt

"It doesn't" Dadi said "and that's why Gayathri made sure that both Arnav and Anjali are lawfully Agrim's children too"

All but Arnav, turned to look at Gayathri.

"I don't understand" Anjali told Dadi.

"Gayathri and Agrim have adopted both of you as their legitimate children- years back"

Arnav looked up at his Dadi too, Surprised at what she told. He turned to look at Gayathri, crunching his eyebrows.

Gayathri was aware of all the eyes staring at her. She closed her eyes and stood silently.

"I didn't know at that time- what she was trying to do" Dadi continued "I mistook her to be the one entering my son's happy married life- months later- I came to know her true intentions- but then it was too late to rectify anything" Dadi told sadly.

A lot of emotions were going on in Arnav's mind- all those thoughts which were neither in his control nor passing away, clouding his mind, piercing his heart- It was too much to take, In a jiff, Arnav left the place and climbed the stairs.

"Arnavji"

"Chotey"

But then Arnav was already gone. Kushi looked at Anjali, who started sobbing again. Ashok and Payal were consoling her. Kushi too took the stairs which would take her to her Arnavji.

"I know all this will pain you bitiya, that's why I didn't speak about this to you today- Leave this- we will talk about it later- Go and rest" Dadi told Anjali and then she walked to Gayathri.

"You too Gayathri- you have taken much more than necessary tonight- go and sleep" Dadi told her and nodded to Payal and Akaash who gave her a half smile.

"Come with me Gayathri maa-I will show you the room" Payal told Gayathri, who walked quietly behind her.

Payal suddenly stopped and called NK

"NK Bhai, Would you mind accommodating Dhruv in your room for the night?"

"Not at all Payal bhabhi" Nk chirped back "come on dude" NK told to Dhruv, taking charge of him, while Anjali was taken to her own room by Ashok and Akaash.

Dadi finally looked at Sid and La and sighed' All seemed to be Ok... atleast for now.

Lavanya and Sid slowly climbed the stairs and went to their room. Sleep had been a faraway though after this eventful a evening, and finally after seeing Dadi off to her room, they both had chatted for a little while and finally thought of retiring to their own room.

To their surprise, they found Arnav and Kushi's room barred open, with the candles dancing away

"So much for decorating their room" Sid muttered

"Shut up Sid'" Lavanya laughed

"Do you reckon we need to poke our head and hammer some sense into that Angry young man"

"No Sid, Leave them alone this time- Kushi is the best to handle a tormented ASR" La told him

Kushi sat beside Arnav, gently holding his hands. It had been two hours since she came up to find Arnav staring at the pool. Arush was restless as well because of all the hungama that happened. She had taken Arnav's hand and had led him to the recliner by the pool and made him sit there, and had been holding his hand ever since, giving him the silent support. She looked at her son on her lap and sighed. She hadn't got a chance to change her outfit, Arnav was brooding and Arush was in his cranky best- crying insistently, she had finally managed to put him on her lap, and slowly rocked him to sleep, sometimes talking soothingly, sometimes singing some lullaby' Finally he fell asleep only 20 minutes back. Her thighs were aching with constant rocking, but she didn't mind it. She tentatively put her head on Arnav's shoulder. He remained quiet still. She put her hand around him, hugging him with her free hand, letting him know that she was there with him- in this phase. This was one of those times when she herself was not sure if she had to try and make him talk' She knew how much his mom means for him and how painful it was for him to accept the truth about his mother's marital status.

So the two sat there by the moonlight, one with a sleeping infant on her lap, while the candles burnt away in their room decorated for the wedding night.

"Sid, I will just be back" La got up after an hour after they actually settled down to sleep.

Not feeling sleepy, they have been talking about all that happened, trying to connect the left out dots, nothing seemed plausible.

"Where are you upto now?"

"Arush's bedtime wears, milk bottle, diapers- everything is here-he was supposed to sleep with us na- they might need it... I will leave it in their room-Or if they are Ok, I will bring him here."

"Don't disturb them if their room is locked"

"I won't"

When La came to their room, it was still open, the candles were still burning and she saw them by the pool side, with Kushi's right arm around Arnav, both supporting eachother's head on the other's shoulder.

"Kushi, ASR?" Lavanya called out to them.

They slowly lifted their head and looked towards Lavanya.

"Arent you both going to sleep?" She asked coming near them "And how long are you holding Arush like this Kushi- your legs are going to be numb with ache"

"It is already throbbing" Kushi thought to herself as smiled at little.

Arnav hadn't realised that it would be numbing for Kushi to be sitting in that same position for hours, what with him and Arush on either side.

"Give him to me" Lavanya asked

"No La, I think we will only manage with him- you go and sleep"

"Arey, I will put him on the crib'" La said as she took a sleeping Arush and went in.

Kushi slowly descended her stiffened left leg that she had kept folded cradling Arush all this while. Arnav noticed her put on a smile to assure him that she was alright, while her eyes gave her away.

He sloped to the floor quickly, assisting her to put her leg down, kneading her legs, easing away the stiffness.

"Are you Ok now?" he asked her

Kushi who had been staring at him all the while when he was doing this to her swallowed at the question

"Are you OK Arnavji?"

They both stared at eachother, lost in eachother's concern, lost in those eyes which pooled the love that they felt for eachother- They didn't even hear Lavanya tell them that she has put Arush in the crib, and has left his night bag by the bed stand.

They didn't hear her leave; they didn't hear the door being closed behind her.

It started to drizzle then, jolting them out of their reverie as they both stood up, looking up, holding eachother's hand.

"It's time we went in" Arnav told finally "Its late- it's beginning to drizzle"

"Yeah its time" Kushi replied back "I need to get out of this dress- it's very heavy"

"Should I help you with it" Arnav asked earnestly, and Kushi looked at him and smiled

"No I didn't mean'" Arnav tried to explain

"You can mean all you want to mean" Kushi told him "You have the right you know"

"Hmm' do you think our bet holds good still?" Arnav asked her softly as a smirk peeped into his smile.

"I suppose so.. But I won't give you full 30 seconds- Only half of it" Kushi told him

The light smirk grew into a fully blown one.

"I can do with that" he said as he lifted her up "Whatever Mumbai did to you Kushi- It has definitely made you more audacious if that was possible"

"and?"

"and I am in love with you!"

Kushi smiled at him.

"I love you too" she whispered, making him smile. He walked into their room carrying his precious wife away from the drizzles which had started to turn into rain.

To be concluded in the next part!

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago
Cute6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res
yay
after long tym me 1st..
Di u left it again in a clifhanger vl vait for it..
Aww d ending was adorable.
Bt glad got a early update..
Feeling bad for anrav nd anjali..
VaitingEdited by Cute6 - 11 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
awesome update..really nice...😊
casker thumbnail
Awesome update.
loved it.
MonuRaizada thumbnail
good one.. feel sry fr arnav
ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome update.. so finally everything settled..