Karan says, Sorry Boss!-Ranvir of Remix

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Karan says, Sorry Boss!
   By: Tushar Joshi
   October 28, 2006

Karan Wahi
Post Remix, Karan Wahi seems to have disappeared from the television industry. The actor was all set to make his return with Sony's much-discussed reality show Bigg Boss. According to the grapevine, Karan was one of the first few to sign the contract for the show.

However, the actor won't be a part of the project anymore since he was down with typhoid.

The actor who's still at his residence in Delhi spoke about his disappointment on losing out on Bigg Boss. "When I was offered the show, I was quite excited about the idea.

I had seen the international episodes and was quite impressed with the
format. However, a typhoid attack for the last few weeks made it impossible for me to take up the project."

Sweating it out

Karan has been at home for over a month and during this period the actor reveals he has put on a lot of weight. "I hadn't been at home for such a long stretch. The deadly combination of the yummy food at home and the
chilled-out climate has made me plumper. These days, I am busy jogging, running and trying to lose the extra kilos."

He also discloses that soon we might see him in a new look. "I think my look is changing. I actually feel the physical transformation in
my body. The boyish look is giving way to a man. Of course, I have to work doubly hard to lose weight and get in shape."

Post Remix, the actor has been flooded with offers but is waiting for the right project.

"I was offered something with Balaji but then it didn't work out. I think my boyish image works against me at times, especially when it comes to films."

Now that he has recovered from his illness, Karan intends to start focussing on work. "I would love to step into Bollywood. But I am also open to anything interesting on television as well." Interestingly, he still gets calls and messages from the Remix fans asking him if the show would ever be back. "There are these websites where people have continued the story of Remix in fictionalised episodes. I think that's really sweet."

SRK fan

Is he still in touch with his other co-stars from the show? "Yes I am. In fact, before coming to Delhi, I celebrated Raj's birthday at my new house in Mumbai. Shweta is doing some shows but I am not really aware about what Priya is up to."

Apart from watching films in his spare time, Karan is busy going through
Shah Rukh Khan's recently released biography. "I worship Shah Rukh. He's the ultimate actor in the industry and I was always interested in reading about him. I loved the book as it offered some really personal and private information on him."

Wahi is all set to return back to Mumbai in a few days. "I can't wait to get back to work. Though I hope I lose weight, so all my friends can recognise me when I am back." 

http://ww3.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/145621.htm

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Ohhhhhhh .. It would have been great if he was there .. Quite an eye candy