Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seemamary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Amazing dear.. just loved it but also feeling bad for geet.
-lakshmi- thumbnail
abi tak online bhi nahi aayi...
neha512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -lakshmi-

abi tak online bhi nahi aayi...

ha yaar studying... i had already warned u abt my busy schedule😆
-lakshmi- thumbnail

Originally posted by: neha512

ha yaar studying... i had already warned u abt my busy schedule😆

ya i remember... anyways r u planning to update now??? am so sleepy that i was going to sleeep
neha512 thumbnail

ya i remember... anyways r u planning to update now??? am so sleepy that i was going to sleeep

yaar kal dungi...
not possible today yaar.. sorry dr
Ash1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
beautiful update...
feeling very sad fr geet...hoping maan n his family understand geet...
-lakshmi- thumbnail

yaar kal dungi...
not possible today yaar.. sorry dr

kal tho ho gaya... and me in waiting mode
neha512 thumbnail

kal tho ho gaya... and me in waiting mode

ha will give today yaar⭐️
-lakshmi- thumbnail

ha will give today yaar⭐️

very good... lekin jaldi post karo... i waana read and then sleep and not the other way
neha512 thumbnail

PART 8

It was early morning, and shalini woke geet up for doing few rituals which is carried out with every going to be bride. Geet had actually lost any hope now that her decision would change and thus she had decided she won't show she is weak.

If they had decided to just send her off, ok she will leave them and leave them forever. She won't ever come back to this house or to them. The love she had for them seemed to be lost somewhere. She just hates them now. Just pure hate. Though she can't bad mouth them but surely her heart had turned cold for them. She decided she will prove them too. She won't cry for them now, she won't cry when she would leave them nor she would come back to them.

Haldi was applied over her dark henna filled hands. Shalini was about to apply turmeric on her face too, when geet stopped her hand in mid. Shalini looked at her shocked but geet's face was just expressionless. No anger no sadness and surely no happiness was visible on her face. Geet bte rasam hai, let me apply it on your face too, said shalini in a caring voice.

Rasam haldi lagane ki hoti hai jo lag gyi, no need to do all this drama more, saying this she took a pinch of turmeric In her fingers and applied a tilak on her forehead and stood up from her place to take bath. Shalini kept sitting on her place looking at the way geet had just gone. It was the same girl who never refused her for anything and neither had she done that now. But the coldness that had filled her heart was the gift she was actually giving her on her wedding day. The girl who always used to carry a smile on her face had no expression now'. And all it is just due to her one single decision.

Babaji mehr kari meri kudi par, she said to herself hoping all this would not turn wrong. All this won't destroy her life forever, her mind knew all these things are of no use as she had actually destroyed her life but her heart still had faith on babaji that he could not play more with the life of that little girl.

Maan was dressed in his cream kurta with red stone work which matched with the creamish red saree they had selected for geet. All the rituals were going since morning and finally its evening, the time he would go on a mare to take away his bride for himself and prove the world that only he has all the worldly rights on her, him and only him.

He was feeling so excited to see her today, after full three weeks. They hadn't seen each other from the day their alliance was fixed and he was thankful to that lone pic of hers which he captured secretly when he came to take his cell back. That had been the source which makes him feel her presence in his life in each moment except the calls they make or to be precise he made to her six seven times in this period.

He knew he didn't know any single thing about her but his heart argues that they had full life to know each other. He would actually smile thinking what all about her is hiding from him, and how nice it would feel in discovering all her secrets. What a dream he was seeing, which would surely break as he would come to know of the secrets she was hiding from him.

Handa's arrived in the hall they had booked for the marriage in the opposite corner of the city. They were just ten people from bride side including three of them and seven from the maternal family of shalini who already hated geet for getting all the attention in the family so they just gave her a damn. They were actually happy that she is going away. But a lot of people were discussing among themselves the reason for so just few people from bride's side. But handas just didn't cared to explain, shalini had already told khuranas that only they would be from their side.

Soon the baraat arrived, and varmala was done. Maan was so lost in the beauty of his bride. She looked so heavenly in that saree with few matching jewelry on her. Her eyes all the time were down casted but not once did she shied or smiled, but maan was too lost in her to notice all that.

For geet, each and every ritual was taking her away from the family forever but she was just numb. No pain no anger was now, it was just numbness. She was doing whatever she was told like a machine, no enthusiasm no emotion, no shyness; just a machine had replaced her body. Every girl dreams about her wedding and her husband, she too would think about them whenever she sees any marriage or watch romantic serials or movies, but never for once she thought, it would all be like that. She never knew her dreams would be broken so badly, all these people who were enjoying there were just the witnesses of her ending.

Soon holy fire was lighted, mantras were chanted. Pandit started explaining the meaning of each mantra and asked them to repeat after him and pray to holy god of fire, agni to fulfill their wishes. Along with the vows taken by pandit, they also promises each other something in their hearts too)

First vow

Maan says:

"om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman"

(I promise to hold you and provide you all welfare and happiness. I will ensure your and our children happiness before mine)

Geet says

"dhanam dhanyam pade vadet"

(I don't know how much responsible I would be able towards you and this family. But I will try to give you all the happiness I could and would nourish you and your family with food and finance. I will try to be an efficient partner for you)

Second Vow

Maan says:

"om oorje jara dastayaha"

(geet I will always need your support by me. From now on, it's you who will be my mental, physical as well as spiritual strength. I hope, I could be your strength too in times of pain and difficulty and your need in time of happiness and joy)

Geet says:

"kutumburn rakshayishyammi sa aravindharam"

(Being your strength, I really doubt that maan. If I had strength, this marriage wouldn't have happened in the first place itself. But I could promise you to stand by your side till my last breadth and pray for your well-being even if you don't accept me after knowing my truth)

Third vow

Maan says:

"om rayas santu joradastayaha"

(in this third phera, I promise geet to be loyal to you till the end of my life. From now on, all other women held no exist in this life ever. Jindagi me tum aaj ho, kal bhi tum thi aur kal bhi tum hi rahogi, sirf tum)

Geet says:

tava bhakti as vadedvachacha"

(All other men, no, I shouldn't be even be with you maan then the question of other men, doesn't even arises. But I promise to not place this restriction on you maan. I free you of any commitment toward me and I hope one day you will find a true partner for yourself)

Fourth vow

Maan says:

"om mayo bhavyas jaradastaya ha"

(I wish we be together forever and fill our world with the beauty of our love. I promise to give you so much love that all your pains will go away and will give you healthy children as a symbol of our love)

Geet says:

"lalayami cha pade vadet"

(Loving you, how is it even possible maan. And I know once you will know about be the emotions you bear for me would just turn into pure hate. I just hope one day god will bless you with the true love of your life that deserves such a nice man like you)

Fifth vow

Maan says:

"om prajabhyaha santu jaradastayaha"

(from now on my wishes, my dreams would be filled of you. For me, its you're and our children's prosperity that would matter me more than mine own)

Geet says:

"arte arba sapade vadet"

(maan I promise you that I will trust you and your decision more than mine. But giving you children, I just cant. And I know you won't force me too before the right time' I hope you won't disappoint me like others)

Her mind was buys thinking her meaning of the vows, that's when she glanced at him and found him lost, deeply engrossed in following the rituals pandit ji was asking him too. He closed his eyes in worship, as pandit gave him some flowers to place near holy fire.

Sixth vow

Maan says:

"om prajabhyaha santu jaradastayaha"

(god, I pray to you with all my heart to fulfill our lives with happiness and togetherness of each other. I would prefer dyeing before seeing her depart from my life)

Geet says:

yajna hom shashthe vacho vadet"

(lifetime support and happiness would be decided by you now maan, I had lost the right to decide for us even before I could gain it. But I pray to give you a lifetime togetherness and happiness with the one whom you will wish to)

Seventh vow

Maan says:

om sakhi jaradastayahga"

(in this last phera, I wish god would grant us a mutual understanding as it's the base of all relationship. I know we will fight in future too, but I wish that we will solve the issue with our understanding and be together forever. I know, by our understanding there won't be a single reason that would depart us or would broke the trust we have on other)

Geet says:

"attramshe sakshino vadet pade"

(with this last phera, I would be your wife but the understanding which you wish from me, how will I be able to fulfill maan. When the base of our relationship is itself a lie, how can we be able to build our relationship in future with understanding and trust???)

They had to stood up for the last phera. Maan stood up first and geet was getting up after him, but as she stood on her feet, her leg got clutched in her sari making her misbalanced. She would have actually fallen too, but before anyone could support her, she felt strong manly hands clutch her from shoulders tightly.

She looked up at the source, and saw the man who is going to be her husband now. she could feel the sudden fear in his eyes and the relief he took when he was sure she is safe and sound in his arms. She immediately freed her leg and stood up carefully and he freed her from his clutch. They could hear the chuckle that spread among the guest seeing a pure filmy scene but the fire it created among them was unknown to others.

Pandit asked them to continue with the phera with maan walking in front and geet following him behind. Maan nodded and stood in the position but before taking any step, he forwarded his right hand to geet. She looked at him confused for a second but the moment her eyes met his, she could see the promises he was making to her through his act and unknown to her own self, her left hand, held his hand as they did the last phera.

Traditionally it is believed that the fire bears witness to the taking of these seven vows, but for this to mean anything, the fire has to exist within the two who have made these promises to each other.

Marriage is not a simple love affair, it's an ordeal, and the ordeal is the sacrifice of ego to a relationship in which two have become one.

The kanyadan took place, which was done by chachi-chacha who actually did like a mother would do. She had kept fast like other mothers for the well-being of her daughter and hadn't had even a drop of water since last night. For her, today she was sending her daughter to her real house but the only pain was neither she really wished it to happen nor her daughter.

Soon maan filled her partition with vermillion marking her as his. His heart was jumping in joy as eh finally filled her maang but the tear that dropped from her eyes as the red powder landed on her forehead just made him confused, reducing his happiness.

He looked into her eyes which were filled with tears and as their eyes met, he so much wanted to know the reason, but she just turned her head other side closing her from him.

The bidaai took place, as mohinder walked her to the car that stood near the gate. Geet just stood numb as she was led out of the building. Shalini hugged her as tears flew out of her eyes, but geet didn't hug her back. In the next second, she freed herself and sat inside the car not even giving back a glance.

All dispersed too as the car strode toward its destination, leaving shalini standing in the same place as she saw her priciest possession leave her.

<< part 7Prev   Next part 9 >>

Edited by neha512 - 11 years ago