Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sona257 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
OMG Arshi love story at Thirupati!! Wow u know that's the best place in the world.. that temple is the only reason why we r going to India.. totally love this story.. pls pm me for ur update
hashey thumbnail
Hey, thanks for the PM. Update after a long time..
Interesting update, not much of Khushi and arnav meetings.But Arnav is very much disturbed now. 
Hope you will give the next update and they meet again.
arshifan04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
superb and cute ff...mazza aa gaya
cheer_hope thumbnail
Awesome update. Are they going to bump into each other? Can't wait
Crazy_soul thumbnail
Nice update.it seems like the whole universe is conspiring to make them meet.will they meet under the stars?.
rati123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Witing for your update. PLEASE update soon.
KKKA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
HOPE ...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL 

PLEASE KEEP ME ALERT 

THANKS 

KKKA
Abi.Na thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome chapter!
hope Arshi will meet again in next chapter...
continue soon!
InkyCupid thumbnail
Heyyy, just read your fanfic, the story seems very interesting, hope you send out P.M'S:)
Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I feel happy to receive your love and support for my FF. Please keep loving it all the way to the end. I am really sorry for the delay but I was not in position to write. A dear friend of mine passed away which left me devastated. I shared this with you all not to spoil your day but to ask you a minute from your daily lives to pray for his soul to rest in peace. He was a kind soul who deserved much more than what he got.

I will try to give next update soon but no promises. Thank you for waiting. Happy reading. Don't forget to drop your comments and hit the like button.

Dynamix215 --- Nice to know you are telugu. Tirumala is one of my favorite places. What a coincidence, you are my telugu friend number 3 too. Thank you for loving my FF. It means a lot to me.
Sona257 --- Thank you for loving my work. You are the very first person to write on my scrapbook. 😃

Beauty And Her Prince

CHAPTER - 6

Taking a few steps at a time and checking the sky, Khushi drifted away from the cottage searching for stars.

Arnav frustration was building up by every step he took. He had been walking for nearly 10 minutes and there was not even a single bar visible on his cell. Arnav spoke out loud to himself, "I should have asked Di where she was when she received Aman's call. I was so frustrated that I didn't even think of asking her. How did I end up in such a situation? Why did I agree to accompany Di ? If only I was not home at that time that day. So many ways to escape yet he is here now. If only I had straight away said no to her that day. I did say it didn't I." Arnav thought for a moment remembering that day. "I had an early morning meeting that day so I attended it from the house. The meeting ended by noon after which I started for office. I could have started a few minutes early or a few minutes later but no, I had to go down the steps exactly the same time when Di was about to leave to her house. That was when it all started.

Flashback:

Arnav was walking towards main door when he spotted Anjali coming out of Nani's room and stopped. He said, "Hi, Di. When did you come ? Are you leaving already ? Do you want me to drop you somewhere ?"

Anjali smiled and replied to her brother, "Hi, I came in the morning. Yes, I am leaving. Your Jijaji will be coming home for lunch so I need to be there. No need to drop me. I will manage."

Arnav nodded his head and was about to step out of the house when Anjali called him. "Chote, Can you do me a favour?"

"Anything, Di", he uttered as he turned to face her. The second his eyes fell on his sister he knew something was cooking in her brain. She had that glint in her eyes warning him that she was up to something. But Arnav being the loving brother he was didn't run away. Almost regretting for saying 'Anything', he stood there trying to anticipate what his sister was going to drop on him.

As soon as Anjali heard her brother's reply gave a sly smile and immediately with an innocent pout said, "I want you to take me someplace. Will you do that for me, Chote?"

Arnav still not sure where this was heading questioned directly, "Where , Di ? And why are you asking me when Jijaji is there ? Is everything ok between you both, Di?"

Anjali promptly replied, "Everything is fine between us, Arnav. I want to go to Tirumala which is in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh -- South India."

And as he predicted she did drop a bomb on him. Wondering what he had gotten himself into he questioned, "I know where Andhra Pradesh is, Di. But why go there ? What is there ? And you know that I am very busy with work. Sorry, Di. Why don't you ask Jijaji ? I am sure he will be happy to take you."

Anjali made a even more depressed face as if it was even possible and with teary eyes explained, " I want to visit Lord Vishnu's temple located in Tirumala Hills. A friend of mine said that god there is so powerful and if we make a votive for god there then our wishes will surely be fulfilled. She said one of her relative ..."  

Arnav cut her off. Now he knew what this was exactly about. He was furious at his sister. He said in a sharp and frustrated voice, "Damn it! Di. How many times have I told you that, what you are doing is foolish. Praying to god is not going to get you children. If by just praying people can get rid of their worries then trust me there won't be even a single person unhappy in this world." He stopped what he was saying mid way when he saw the smile on Anjali's face disappear. He took a moment to control his rage and as calmly as possible said, "Listen to me Di, please let me take you to US. We will go to the best Gynecologist and get you and jijaji checked. Everything will be fine Di. Please stop listening to others and visiting all the temples in India". He knew his words will hurt his sister but someone has to stop this madness of her's. He might not totally understand her desperation for children but he knew she is scared she will never have any as it has been 3 years since they started planning for kids. But instead of having faith in today's medicine she is more attracted towards fake Baba's and unseen miracles. She had been visiting every temple, Ashram there is in India since past 2 years praying for children and now he is worried for her.

There was silence for few minutes. Then Anjali spoke in low voice almost like a whisper while trying to mask her agony but Arnav could feel her pain in her voice. "Chote, I am sorry for asking. I understand, you cannot leave your work. Your Jijaji had been very busy with work since past few days. And you know him well, if I ask him to accompany me he will leave his work and come with me. I decided not to disturb him this time.  So I asked you, but it's ok, I understand you are busy too. Don't worry I will be fine". She was looking at the floor all the time she was talking and once she was done she looked at him and gave a wide smile assuring him she was fine.

He cursed himself for bluntly saying no to her request. All he could think at that time was his sister was hurting in front of him and he was partially responsible for it. He immediately moved close to her, held her hands, looked her in the eyes and asked her in a definite tone, "When do you want to go, Di?"

Anjali tried to reason with him saying she doesn't want to go, he will miss his work, she doesn't want to trouble him and so on. Arnav gently pressed her hands and said "Shhh! Di. Please listen to me. I am your little brother, you can trouble me any time. And always remember nothing is more important to me then you, not even work. OK. I am sorry I said I can't take you earlier. But for me to take you to this temple you need to promise me something first. Will you ?"

Anjali looked at him confused and nodded her head "Anything for you, Chote".

Arnav smiled at his sister and said "Promise me that after visiting this temple you will stop going to every Baba you come across. And also stop visiting different temples" Anjali was not sure of what to say, she sincerely believed in god and temple was her safe heaven. He looked at her for a second and added "just for few days. You must listen to whatever I say, no questions asked. If my way doesn't work then you can get back to your poojas, temples and whatever."

Anjali smiled relieved and said "Chote you scared me a second by saying to stop visiting temple.  I thought you were saying forever. I promise, I will try everything you tell me. I will stop visiting temples for some time and definitely no Baba's." Arnav was happy that his sister agreed. This promise was enough for him, he will make sure to take her to the best doctors in the time he has.

"Ok Di. Its settled then. When do you want to go?"

"This weekend, Chote. If you are free that is ?"

"I am always free for you, Di. But I need to take care of few things before we leave."

"Thanks, Chote", Anjali squeaked in excitement.

"Ok Di. I need to go now.", he let go of Anjali's hand, waved to his Nani who just came out of her room. As he was about to step out he turned back and asked shouted "What was the name of the place again, Di"

Anjail turned back and said "Tirumala. I think.", hitting herself with her hand for not being sure.

Arnav said, "Don't worry, Di. I will find out. Lord Vishnu temple, right?"

Anjali nodded her head very confidently this time, like a child who was happy to know the answer.

Arnav smiled and assured her, "You don't worry, Di. I will take care of everything".     

End of Flashback.

"I will take care of everything", he mocked himself recollecting his words. "What was I thinking when I agreed? I should have escaped from there when I had chance. I must have just stuck  with my 'NO'. I could have reasoned that it would be meaningless for me to take her as I don't believe in god. Who am I kidding. I couldn't have just left her, if not me then she would have convinced someone else to take her. I prefer it be me than nani or someone else. If only I knew ahead that Akash will be coming but Di planned it well. This is what Di wanted right, me accompanying them. I am here now and that should be enough, I need not go to the temple tomorrow with them. Not even a day into this trip and I am already frustrated in every way. I can't take the risk of joining in the pilgrim crowd tomorrow. No way I can survive that. Akash is here and he is good enough to manage with Di. I need not worry. That is it, I will tell them my decision first thing in the morning. I don't want to visit any temple and they can't force me to. ", he thought to himself frustrated by everything.

He was walking all the while as his mind was working. He once again cursed the day murmuring, "Worst day ever." What made the day worse for him was how he met Khushi. For the first time he, Arnav Singh Raizada followed a girl around and ultimately ended up yelling at her on their first meeting. Even though he was not ready to accept it to himself, this point was making him more restless and resentful. Tired of blaming and hating the day, he looked at his cell again which blinked "No Signal", as if mocking him. Irked by what he saw, he cried  "DAMN IT!", swinging his right hand swiftly in air as if he was banging something.

---------------------

Kushi walked around for quite some time before she found the perfect spot. She walked to the bench nearby, sat on it and resting her head on the headrest watched the stars as they twinkled in the sky. She took a deep breath, taking in the sweet scent of the flowers from the trees around. She could feel the freshness in the air as it gently touched her face. The soft chanting of 'Om' mildly audible from the temple speakers spread calmness throughout her body. This place was perfect in every way, no polluted air or sound, clear and bright sky, not to forget the omnipresent divine aura. Khushi felt all her tensions drift away and peace take over her mind and body. She was in bliss. As she thanked Lavanya for dragging her here, she chuckled remembering how she ended up here.

Flashback:

Khushi looked at the invitation which Lavanya shoved in her hands. It was for the cultural festival which was taking place in Tirupati for duration of 5 days. Khushi looked at Lavanya confused. Lavanya sighed and explained, "I heard you talk about this festival quite a few times lately, so I thought you would want to go to this festival. It is an open secret that you love dance. By the way what is with that face, I thought you would scream with joy and jump at me giving a tight hug after looking at this invite. You can't even presume how much trouble I went through to get it?"

Khushi gave thin smile, still not sure what to say or how to respond to Lavanya's gesture. Lavanya disappointed with Khushi's reaction, impatiently said, "Ok, if this surprise is not enough for you then I have another one which will blow your mind." She took a paper from her book and showing it to Khushi asked, "Guess what I have in my hand?"

Khushi hardly whispered, "What?"

"God! Khushi. You could atleast show some enthusiasm. This is the forum contestants need to fill for participating in the festival and it is for you. I know how much you love to dance, so I thought what better place to start your performance then the festival. Am I smart or what?"

Khushi trying to sound as normal as possible said, "Sorry, Lavanya. I can't participate. My family is against me performing in front of live audience. In college its different as it's just us."

Lavanya let out a loud, "What, you can't participate? Why doesn't your family agree? That's bad. Then may be at least we can go and enjoy the festival, I guess."

Khushi felt very guilty for what she was about to say next. She monotonously replied, "I don't think I can come either. I mean our finals are coming up, my family won't allow me to go anywhere during this time." Looking at Lavanya's pale face she added "If it was of 1 or 2 days I could have tried but 5 days - noway. I am really sorry, Lav. But I am really happy knowing that you did all this for me".

Lavanya now shouted at top of her voice, "Nooo. This is mean Khushi I went through all this trouble and you are saying you can't. Don't give me the thank you speech crap. I thought this trip would be our first and last fun time before we complete our final year. You never leave campus, never try to have any fun with me. You say I am your best friend but its just for namesake, I get it now." Lavanya walked away feeling disappointed at her friend. Khushi felt devastated for what she had done.

------------------

Exactly 2 days before the trip, Lavanya cornered Khushi and gave her flight ticket to Tirupati. Khushi looked at it flabbergasted and hissed, "Lavanya, I said no."

But Lavanya was not ready to take no for an answer. She always wanted to go on a trip with Khushi before they graduate. Ever since Lavanya met her, she was always about studies. Lavanya saw people serious about their studies but never like Khushi. Khushi never joined them for any outing nor had bunked class to for fun. She hardly stepped out of hostel except when  she went home. Many times Lavanya felt that Khushi was in a hurry to complete her studies. She could also sense something bothering her friend constantly but Khushi was never opened up about it and Lavanya didn't pester her.

Lavanya wanted Khushi to experience student life, do something other than studying for once. She knew this was her only chance. She said in a stern tone, "I didn't get the tickets. Sneha did. Don't worry we are not going to the festival, we are going to visit temple. Sneha's family asked her to visit a temple there before exams and she booked tickets for me and you. She thought you will be happy to accompany her as you believe a lot in God."

Just then Sneha walked in and Khushi turned to her and said, "Sneha, you should have asked me once before booking the tickets. I can't come."

Sneha looked at Lavanya and then Khushi and pleaded, "Please, Khushi. Don't say no. Everything is arranged and Lavanya will drop out if you won't come. It is just for two days and we will be back by the end of 3rd day. If your family is a problem then I will talk to your ..."

"No.. no.. no. No need to call home. I will come", Khushi blurted out almost panicking.

Lavanya jumped and hugged Kushi shouting, "Really khushi? Thank you so much."

Khushi then realized what she had just said and as she looked at jumping Lavanya and Sneha she knew it was too late to take her word back.

--------------------

On the day of the trip Khushi was worried about not informing at home about the trip but she knew she wouldn't be allowed to go if she asked. They reached Tirupati friday and before she knew it the cab stopped in front of the festival venue. Khushi looked at Lavanya surprised as she slowly understood it was all Lavanya's plan. Lavanya blurted before Khushi could blast her, "I knew you would not come if I asked you directly, so I made this plan. Sorry for lying but it was necessary to get you out of the hostel. Don't worry we will be going to temple too, so everything we said was not a lie. I just didn't tell you everything. Now that we are here why don't you give being mad at me a break and enjoy. Today's cultural event is dance." Lavanya gave a bright smile hoping her last words did the trick of diverting Khushi.

End of Flashback.

Khushi closed her eyes and murmured, "Isn't it surreal and peaceful here, Amma? I love this place. This place is making me very happy. I should thank Lavanya for bringing me on this trip. I really enjoyed seeing all types of dance forms yesterday that to live. I am having lot of fun with my friends. Sorry Amma, Sorry Babuji for not informing at home. But it was destiny that  brought me here, so I had to come and I am happy that I did. This is surely the best trip I ever had. Everything was perfect, except for that incident this afternoon. Hey Devi maiya, I want this trip to be a memorable one so please, no more unpleasant things. "  

Khushi slowly closed her eyes listening to the vedic chanting coming from the direction of the temple. She was lost in the serene night when suddenly a loud outcry made her jump from her seat. Both startled and terrified by the sound she froze in her position for a second.  She then slowly turned her head towards the origin of the sound. She gasped by seeing the person standing before her. She stood up in a haste. It was him, she was sure as his face was clearly visible under the streetlight, the guy with mysterious eyes. 

"What is he doing here? Who was he shouting at? Did he yell 'Damn it' because he saw me? Why is he always in such a bad mood? Does he not have anything else to do than going around shouting at people? Who does he think he is 'Laad Governer'?", she stood rooted, gaping at him as the endless pool of questions flooded her mind. "Hey Devi maiya, Why is this Laad Governor here? Is he going to shout at me again? Why do you do this with me? I just asked you for no more unpleasantness and you make him appear in front of me? Why do you always take pleasure in teasing me? I know you are laughing your guts out looking at me now, I can feel it. Ab aap hi meri raksha karna.", she whispered panicking. (Now you only have to protect me)

Coming back to her senses she looked at him one last time and turned away immediately as her caramels met his chocolate brownies. She started walking away from him in a swift pace increasing the distance between them with her each step.

Wow! That was one big update. Hope you all have fun reading it and that it will justify your wait.

Will be eagerly waiting, so don't forget to hit like and leave your comments.

Previous - Chapter - 5                                                    Next - Chapter - 7

Edited by Hope - 11 years ago